GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gamerguy73']Don't buy catherine....buy 20 lottery tickets instead.[/QUOTE]

Catherine is a love it or hate it type of game. It is worth every penny to me and I am sure a few of my fellow CAG's would agree.

I guess you would rather waste your money?

[quote name='ephermal']I assume it is probably the censored one. Nothing the color printer at work or ebay can fix :D[/QUOTE]

im curious what shows up too... front cover art (gamefly) is the alt version...but the upc/ean on the back (stock image, probably) is the non-alt version (according to amazon's numbers), afai can tell.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']Catherine is a love it or hate it type of game. It is worth every penny to me and I am sure a few of my fellow CAG's would agree.

I guess you would rather waste your money?[/QUOTE]

I don't love it or hate it, the demo didn't sell me on it though, but I can see its appeal to others. So I guess I'm indifferent. I do like lottery tickets! (when they're free).

[quote name='LagFighter']Catherine is back in stock on PS3! Just ordered mine![/QUOTE]

SOOOOO happy I stopped at home and cut on the computer. Just grabbed a ps3 copy too.

[quote name='ephermal']Just curious, I never had to, but How do you cancel your order? I did not see a cancel button.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you have to use their "Contact Us" link and send them an email. Hell, I couldn't even find their phone number on their website without Googling it.

Yeah, OOS on 360 again.
I went home on my lunch break and played some Ultimate Marvel with a coworker and thought, "Hmmmm, maybe I should check again." but it would have been too late then as well I suppose.

If only I could get to Gamefly while at work...
I hope it is available for the year-end sale, because I am probably not going to get lucky enough to grab it this time. Hell, I'll pay the $25 or whatever it was before the sale if it would just come back in stock long enough for me to get to it.

Looks like it's fluctuating in and out of stock for both systems, keep refreshing. The 360 version will probably have higher availability than the PS3 version.

Glad I grabbed my copy for PS3 at this price - this was a great deal. Plus, I kind of wanted the alt. art anyway.

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']im curious what shows up too... front cover art (gamefly) is the alt version...but the upc/ean on the back (stock image, probably) is the non-alt version (according to amazon's numbers), afai can tell.[/QUOTE]

See, that's what I'm hoping. While a company like GameFly would chose the least offensive art for their website, I don't know if they'd think ahead enough to worry about ordering the 'clean' versions.

I mean, they're a rental company, so it's irrelevant aside from the handful (what, 100, less?) copies they end up selling.

In the grand scheme of things it's irrelevant to me, especially since it's less than $20, but I'd rather not have the 'clean' one. The idea of there even needing to be a 'clean' version rubs me the wrong way.

Which, uh, was a poor choice of words. Yes. Ah, screw it, it stays.

are people getting complete gamee when they order, we ordered
:360: BF:BC2 & Juarez: The Cartel, both were empty just the disks

Got my copy of inFamous 2 in from last week, it's essentially perfect - as though I had just unwrapped the plastic myself. Well done, GameFly. Looking forward to Catherine next.

[quote name='Romis']are people getting complete gamee when they order, we ordered
:360: BF:BC2 & Juarez: The Cartel, both were empty just the disks[/QUOTE]

Always got my games complete and I've ordered a lot of games from them. Only time I had issues were I didn't receive 2 games and they just refunded me without any questions.

i thought this deal started at 5pm PST today how is it they have them for sale now? its kind of crappy to say it will go on sale at 5pm pst and then they sell out even before the sale starts...

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']i thought this deal started at 5pm PST today how is it they have them for sale now? its kind of crappy to say it will go on sale at 5pm pst and then they sell out even before the sale starts...[/QUOTE]

Umm... the deal went live 5pm PST yesterday. There should be a new deals tonight at 5pm PST.

[quote name='SScorpio']Umm... the deal went live 5pm PST yesterday. There should be a new deals tonight at 5pm PST.[/QUOTE]

well fuck gamefly then cause I received the email saying it was on sale at 11:30 this morning. bs like this is why I stopped using gamefly....6 days for a game to be shipped and received and now I'm getting emails for sales that are 12 hours old.

stay classy....can't wait until Netflix starts offering game rentals..

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']well fuck gamefly then cause I received the email saying it was on sale at 11:30 this morning. bs like this is why I stopped using gamefly....6 days for a game to be shipped and received and now I'm getting emails for sales that are 12 hours old.

stay classy....can't wait until Netflix starts offering game rentals..[/QUOTE]

What? These have been going on for over a week. New deals every weekday at 5pm PST.

The email could of been for the end of the year sale, or something else.

Got my Dungeon Siege 3.
It was like new

I love buying used games from Gamefly during their sales, the prices are usually really good.

Especially when they hit 12.99
That's usually my buy price since most games really aren't getting much lower than that for awhile.

Got home and hopped online. 360 version of Catherine was in stock. Added it to cart, logged in, changed the shipping address since GF always defaults to an old address no matter how many times I select my new one, hit submit, and...

OOS.
Damnit!!!

[quote name='LagFighter']Got my copy of inFamous 2 in from last week, it's essentially perfect - as though I had just unwrapped the plastic myself. Well done, GameFly. Looking forward to Catherine next.[/QUOTE]

still waiting on my infamous...praying its not lost in the mail as it was the only games i ordered that night = no tracking number

[quote name='kingsnuff']still waiting on my infamous...praying its not lost in the mail as it was the only games i ordered that night = no tracking number[/QUOTE]

i've had one game get lost in the mail from gamefly (Alpha Protocol on PS3)
The CS gave me a refund and that was it, wasn't able to just put in another order for the game at the same price. However it my just be based off your CS.

Luckily AP came up again in a sale and was even cheaper than the order previously so I had someone looking out for me.

Argh! Was thrilled to see Catherine as one of the game listed, but sigh, OOS. On the other hand, glad to see it's still in demand...

I'll pass, Catherine's limited appeal should have brought price drops to 20-30 a while back. It's hard to justify an impulse-purchase, but it is a quality puzzle and adventure game and from the little I've played I would recommend it.

man, got a very rough copy of my Crysis 2 in :360:..so far every game for that console has been in not great shape. However, my only PS3 purchase, Portal 2, was damn near perfect..

can't say that I'm done with them just yet..with these super cheap prices and all..

[quote name='Raven19x']My copy of Alice was pretty beat up.. the first GF purchase that was questionable.[/QUOTE]

Interesting.. received mine yesterday, and it was in great condition.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']i've had one game get lost in the mail from gamefly (Alpha Protocol on PS3)
The CS gave me a refund and that was it, wasn't able to just put in another order for the game at the same price. However it my just be based off your CS.

Luckily AP came up again in a sale and was even cheaper than the order previously so I had someone looking out for me.[/QUOTE]

Weird thing, but Alpha Protocol is the only game I've ordered from them that also got lost in the mail.

Hmmmm...

[quote name='gamerguy73']Playing catherine will pretty much beat up your mind[/QUOTE]

Ok dude we get it, no need to post every two hours about it like a 12 year old.

Out of 20+ games I have purchased from gamefly... 2 were lightly scratched but work just fine.

For those that get badly beat up games from gamefly I believe it's just bad luck.

[quote name='MillionBlades']Out of 20+ games I have purchased from gamefly... 2 were lightly scratched but work just fine.

For those that get badly beat up games from gamefly I believe it's just bad luck.[/QUOTE]

I have only had a few that were lightly scratched for the most part mine have been in great shape... though my last two ps3 games both had minor chipping around the edges, but they are only small chips that aren't deep enough to ruin the game. I have to agree though, that people who get badly beat up games just have bad luck, as I don't know anyone who has gotten a bad disk personally.

Received Alice today and the disc was pristine to the point where I could see through it...interesting. I'll have to try it out later.

Hey CheapyD,
This may sound like a silly request, but could you possibly have a tab in the main post for your clues of the day, along with expired deals (so to have a general idea what to expect come the end of the year sale). I tend to miss them before you actually announce the deals and people on here keep mentioning the hint. I just feel lost sometimes.

Thanks

I was waiting forever for my Homefront, Spider-Man: SD and Split/Second from Nov. 14. I finally realized that I had a tracking number since it was a multi-game order, and according to the tracking it was delivered on the 17th. I never got it--GameFly told me to contact the post office, the post office told me to fuck off since there was no insurance. So now I'm out $26 and my package is god knows where.

[quote name='namtrahj']I was waiting forever for my Homefront, Spider-Man: SD and Split/Second from Nov. 14. I finally realized that I had a tracking number since it was a multi-game order, and according to the tracking it was delivered on the 17th. I never got it--GameFly told me to contact the post office, the post office told me to fuck off since there was no insurance. So now I'm out $26 and my package is god knows where.[/QUOTE]

The post office is part of the federal government and would never tell anyone to fuck off. Because of this, I don't believe you

Does anybody know if EDF Insect Armageddon came with an instruction book? Both copies I ordered didn't have one. Also my killzone 3 had a small gouge in the disc.

bread's done
Back