GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that Gamefly prices are not that great of a deal anymore. Gone are the days when great games are $9.99 like when these nightly deals first started. Gamefly prices now are similar to Best Buy, New Eggs and other places, except those prices are for BRAND NEW games, and not used games from Gamefly and with all the usual worries that used games bring.

lol @ people complaining about these prices. Still a a great deal to alot, because the only place for them to get used games is gamestop, and they never have deals/low prices like this.

[quote name='Investor']I noticed that Gamefly prices are not that great of a deal anymore. Gone are the days when great games are $9.99 like when these nightly deals first started. Gamefly prices now are similar to Best Buy, New Eggs and other places, except those prices are for BRAND NEW games, and not used games from Gamefly and with all the usual worries that used games bring.[/QUOTE]
I've been noticing that too, but that just means that I don't spend over $50 every week so it's a win for my wallet :).

[quote name='Investor']I noticed that Gamefly prices are not that great of a deal anymore. Gone are the days when great games are $9.99 like when these nightly deals first started. Gamefly prices now are similar to Best Buy, New Eggs and other places, except those prices are for BRAND NEW games, and not used games from Gamefly and with all the usual worries that used games bring.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious with this? I have to disagree completely.

No, NewEgg and Best Buy have stepped it up this year with their game deals. It makes GF look less attractive. :p

[quote name='ijustw1n']Fight night champion is $14 at best buy right now, ymmv.[/QUOTE]

Damn, if only it was universal, I'd totally go for this. Might just pick it up from Gamefly before the day's over though. Thanks Cheapy!

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']lol @ people complaining about these prices. Still a a great deal to alot, because the only place for them to get used games is gamestop, and they never have deals/low prices like this.[/QUOTE]

And Gamestop jacks up the prices when their B2G1 promo comes along.

And just bought Samurai Warriors Chronicles. Was waiting for that price to hit that $10 mark.

Bought Fight Night Champion, was waiting for $19.99 price point on a new copy of the game, but this is good too.

Was tempted to buy Samurai Warriors 3DS, but I held off.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Origin had FN Champion for 14.99 on BF weekend. 13 for a rental copy might be a little high. Should be 9.99.[/QUOTE]
Considering that they also charged shipping at Origin and brought the total to little over $20 unless you bought other games to get free shipping kinda killed the deal.

[quote name='bardockkun']Considering that they also charged shipping at Origin and brought the total to little over $20 unless you bought other games to get free shipping kinda killed the deal.[/QUOTE]

So true

[quote name='bardockkun']Considering that they also charged shipping at Origin and brought the total to little over $20 unless you bought other games to get free shipping kinda killed the deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think your order had to be over $40 to get free shipping. There were several good deals offered that it wasn't an issue for me.

[quote name='chunlirocks']My Infamous 2 $14.99 showed up MINT and complete. No chips.[/QUOTE]

PS3 games will usually be in pretty decent shape from Gamefly. 360 games, however.....ugh.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']PS3 games will usually be in pretty decent shape from Gamefly. 360 games, however.....ugh.[/QUOTE]

I've never had any problems with mine. I've ordered over 20 games over the past weeks from these nightly deals, all for Xbox. Every single one of them has been in like new condition except for Metro 2033 which showed a lot of use but still worked fine.

Always be sure to check your 360 Gamefly rental purchases for cracks around the center ring. The 360 discs are cheap and it's not uncommon for there to be a crack in the plastic around the center hole, especially if stress is put on the center hub during shipping. If the crack extends out into the data surface you have yourself a big problem.

[quote name='lethargic']I've never had any problems with mine. I've ordered over 20 games over the past weeks from these nightly deals, all for Xbox. Every single one of them has been in like new condition except for Metro 2033 which showed a lot of use but still worked fine.[/QUOTE]

I have no earthly idea how you are getting "like new" 360 rental discs. 360- discs scratch very easily and quite often the discs will have dings and chips around the outside. I've ordered around 8 360 discs total and not one of them was like new. They are usually in average to below average condition. One had a crack in the plastic around the hole. They will usually play alright, but are FAR from perfect that you get when you buy a new copy.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I have no earthly idea how you are getting "like new" 360 rental discs. 360- discs scratch very easily and quite often the discs will have dings and chips around the outside. I've ordered around 8 360 discs total and not one of them was like new. They are usually in average to below average condition. One had a crack in the plastic around the hole. They will usually play alright, but are FAR from perfect that you get when you buy a new copy.[/QUOTE]

I have bought a ton of gamefly games and 90 percent plus have been better than gamestop used. The majority of them IMO are well worth the price. I never even noticed the outer edge thing until someone here metioned it. Still worth it to me.

On another note 2.00 makes all the differerence. If mass effect was 12.99 I would have jumped because I have been waiting for the ps3 version. 14.99 is to close to new IMO.

Fight night champion was recently 14.50 at best buy

My PS3 Shadows of the Damed arrived with about three nicks and chips on the outer edge. Not sure how it can get dinged like that, but it's not too bad. I like that cases and inserts are not grimey and stickered like Gamestop and GoHastings often are.

I'm wishing that Alice and Catherine come back on the 21'st for the year end sale.

My ps3 SoTD came in today. Same chips

My first game I've ever got from Gamefly that was like that.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I have no earthly idea how you are getting "like new" 360 rental discs. 360- discs scratch very easily and quite often the discs will have dings and chips around the outside. I've ordered around 8 360 discs total and not one of them was like new. They are usually in average to below average condition. One had a crack in the plastic around the hole. They will usually play alright, but are FAR from perfect that you get when you buy a new copy.[/QUOTE]
I don't see why you don't have an idea. Maybe you just get bad discs

Every game I've ordered whether it was 360 or PS3 was almost perfect besides SoTD

They have had dust and fingerprints that wipe right off but never damaged besides the chips on this last one

[quote name='Noblesse Oblige']For the people who bought Catherine from gamefly, please give us a heads up whether the boxart is the regular:D or alternate:cry: when you get it in. Thanks[/QUOTE]
2nd'd

I refuse to buy it unless its the non-censored cover (PS3)

[quote name='kinney_bmx']2nd'd

I refuse to buy it unless its the non-censored cover (PS3)[/QUOTE]

I thought people buy games for the game itself, not the cover art, lol. Unless you plan to frame it on your wall or something.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']I thought people buy games for the game itself, not the cover art, lol. Unless you plan to frame it on your wall or something.[/QUOTE]
I just like the non-censored one better. Its a pointless censorship anyways

The game is amazing. But I want the intended version

[quote name='Noblesse Oblige']For the people who bought Catherine from gamefly, please give us a heads up whether the boxart is the regular:D or alternate:cry: when you get it in. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Both the 360 and PS3 versions were the regular boxart and neither came with the artbook or music cd.

[quote name='Dalrint']So are there deals on Friday or are we waiting for Monday?[/QUOTE]

I would assume that since there were deals all through last Friday, up until today (maybe even earlier than that? I don't care enough to keep track), that there would be. But I'm just hopeful.

Tonight's hint:

cleardot.gif

Call
James
MX
Pokémon
Pokémon
Shift
Tom

[quote name='kouleefoh']Call of Juarez: The Cartel PS3 just dropped to $9.99 with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

thats about 15 bucks to much

[quote name='CheapyD']Tonight's hint:

cleardot.gif

Call
James
MX
Pokémon
Pokémon
Shift
Tom[/QUOTE]

I got them all but the last one :whistle2:k

bread's done