GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. I'm so frustrated when I see MvC3 go for this cheap. I bought it at release and shortly after heard that UMvC3 was coming out...so I sold my MvC3 for like $25 but for some reason I just can't bite on the upgrade because I feel like Capcom is gonna screw me somewhere for purchasing it. I really wanna play that stuff again, but I gotta hold off on buying this again.

Sweet, finally have a reason to pick up Troy.

[quote name='looploop']Is it worth jumping on MvC for this price or is the ultimate version superior enough to wait on that? Is there a DLC upgrade path to the ultimate version?[/QUOTE]

Nope, only DLC that carries over in UMvC3 is Jill/Shuma. Neither game is worth more than a few dollars though.

Grabbed MvC3, good price. I liked MvC2 but never bought it, heard this was pretty much the same with a few minor updates. Need an arcade fighter like this anyways!! First time my wallets been used. If I was a bigger baseball fan (still learning about it) I'd have bought MLB Show 11, but I have 10 that I bought for $5

EDIT: When is the Year End sale? Just curious. Does Gamefly usually lower prices (just curious, never bought from a GF year end sale)

I've decided that the fighting game genre in general is a poor genre for me to try and save money in, especially with the Capcom stuff.

In general I get good value for my dollar out of these games so I am not as much of a cheap ass as I am for other stuff.

Everybody has to make up their own mind as to where to spend their money so I respect people not buying these games at release or waiting for them to drop. For me I would rather but them closer to release and play online with people.

Was able to swap MLB The Show at gamestop for House of the Dead PS3...picked up The Show here for a third of the price.

For anyone who has the Move, MLB 11: The Show's Home Run Derby is the most fun I've had with the thing so far.

Well couldn't stop myself. Bought both MLB the Show and did the keep it for Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword. I swear my wallet/bank account is hating this time of the year. lol

[quote name='BetterToGive']Anyone know when these prices will be valid until?

thanks[/QUOTE]

If there's another sale tomorrow night, the prices will be good until 5 p.m. Pacific Time tomorrow

Anyone played Troy? Does it play anything like N32....or Sengoku Basara? I know these are all Dynasty Warriors-type games, but the gameplay feel is unique to all of them. Strangely enough, I've never played any of the Dynasty Warriors games themselves.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Anyone played Troy? Does it play anything like N32....or Sengoku Basara? I know these are all Dynasty Warriors-type games, but the gameplay feel is unique to all of them. Strangely enough, I've never played any of the Dynasty Warriors games themselves.[/QUOTE]

Haven't played Troy, but when it came out, I recall people saying the combos require more deliberate button presses than the Dynasty games. They also say this has DW type gameplay and the Koei style in a Greek myth setting but is more "lite" than the DW games, not as many features and is shorter. Some also found certain bosses very frustrating.

I wanted this when it was released, but wasn't gonna pay full price. Now that it's bargain priced, I want it lower before I buy. DW7 and Sengoku Basara satisfied me enough for this type of gameplay in the meanwhile. Plus I'm awash in games from the last couple weeks of CAG steals, so I don't feel the need for new games like usual.

I do like that they did a Greek DW game, I think the style could be really cool in many genres. I've heard people say US Civil and Revolutionary wars would be cool or Crusading Knights. Washington and Lincoln in a DW game would just be so absurdly wonderful. Give it a Simpsons art style too while you're at it!

[quote name='redmangoose']Anyone know if :ps3:Portal 2 come's with the PC version?[/QUOTE]
I'm hoping so. Thats why i want to buy it from Gamefly.

Since games comes with unused codes I imagine so but would also like to know for sure

The Show's "Road to the Show" mode is a fantastic mix for RPG and Sports fans. You create a player and only ever use that player. You train and level up your player from the minors all the way through to retirement. It's great fun at that price.

Oh, and I'm in for MvC3 on PS3.

[quote name='St4rgalaqtic']NO reason to buy MVC when UMVC is out and more balanced.[/QUOTE]

How about because while Ultimate MvC3 is an overall improvement, it's not 300% better, which the price difference implies? Or that there are gameplay reasons like the fact that Ultimate MvC3 brings back button mashing (you do more damage during Supers if you mash buttons). It's a clever ploy to get more people to buy more Sanwa buttons and Street Fighter pads. No, I'm joking, or half-joking at least. (But the upcoming Heroes and Heralds mode is seriously a precursor to Street Fighter x Tekken's cash shop.)

[quote name='St4rgalaqtic']NO reason to buy MVC when UMVC is out and more balanced.[/QUOTE]

I do agree. I waited on SF4 and later found SSF4 on clearance for $7.48, but then SSF4 TE was announced and even with the cheap price I'm left with a dirty taste in my mouth. When will it end? Not even counting the DLC character/costume rip offs.

[quote name='TheCro']Picked up MvC3. Missed it during the last gamefly sale. Been wanting to play a fighter and for 10 bucks you can't go wrong.[/QUOTE]
This^
This is the perfect price for people who aren't big fans or aren't familiar with fighters.

I'm not a giant fan of fighting games but I do enjoy beating the :censored: out of someone every once and awhile. I enjoy playing them with friends

I sprung on it. If I don't end up playing it much (especially with my backlog) then its only $10 out

[quote name='Kazaganthi']I do agree. I waited on SF4 and later found SSF4 on clearance for $7.48, but then SSF4 TE was announced and even with the cheap price I'm left with a dirty taste in my mouth. When will it end? Not even counting the DLC character/costume rip offs.[/QUOTE]

Yeah..it's sad to see that so many games are taken over by DLC/costumes, at such high prices too. It's even worse for OCD completionists like me. I saw the thread for MK at 25 and was tempted by it then someone mentioned a "complete edition" coming out something next year so I decided to hold off on it. Though it makes sense seeing as though they've added so much since it's release.

Had no idea the game had already been $10, I woulda been really excited than Now, Im a huge fan of SF and MK, and thats it. I got SF4 for $6, the regular version. Ill pay $10 for this regular version on MvC because I dont give a shit about dlc. Dont have the time or patience. I just want a fighter I can pop on and play for around $45 mins once in a blue moon.

Now I cant wait for a cheap ass MK

As an extremely "casual" fighting game player I picked up MvC3 for one reason: a review mentioned a "Simple Mode" that maps the advanced moves to buttons. A lot of fighters look very enjoyable to me but I simply don't have the motivation these days to pore over the moves necessary to be competitive. This is perfect for someone like me who just wants to have fun with the gameplay, characters, and graphics in quick play sessions.

UMvC3 is really a huge upgrade from the original, but if you're a casual player, $10 is right.

[quote name='Gosha']Great deal on Warriors Troy. Games normally like 35-40 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I see it closer to $30 but regardless I've been hoping to catch it for a low price. $15 is good enough and I'm in. I'm not a fan of Dynasty Warriors but for some reason this one looks fun. Probably the setting and different characters you play.

On a side note, there was a game released years ago that reminded me of Dynasty Warrior gameplay but you controlled squads of guys like cavalry, or archers (I think), etc., roaming on a battlefield and you could jump from squad to squad. Anybody know the title?

Thiis might be a loaded question, but was thinking of getting MVC3 but which system does it play best on... or have they patched up any issues it might have had on certain system.

[quote name='Gosha']Great deal on Warriors Troy. Games normally like 35-40 on ebay.[/QUOTE]
I'm just waiting on the 360 version. I thought when the PS3 version launched, they said the 360 version was going to come out at the end of the year. I haven't looked into it recently, but I have a feeling that there won't be a 360 port anymore.
[quote name='rgd2blck']
On a side note, there was a game released years ago that reminded me of Dynasty Warrior gameplay but you controlled squads of guys like cavalry, or archers (I think), etc., roaming on a battlefield and you could jump from squad to squad. Anybody know the title?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like Bladestorm.

Got my EDF and SotD in on Saturday. Games have some chips in them, but seem like they play well.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I'm just waiting on the 360 version. I thought when the PS3 version launched, they said the 360 version was going to come out at the end of the year. I haven't looked into it recently, but I have a feeling that there won't be a 360 port anymore.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='rgd2blck']
On a side note, there was a game released years ago that reminded me of Dynasty Warrior gameplay but you controlled squads of guys like cavalry, or archers (I think), etc., roaming on a battlefield and you could jump from squad to squad. Anybody know the title?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like Bladestorm.

I think I am done with GF. Best Buy has pretty much hit every title NEW that I have purchased i.e. Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, Lego Star Wars III (all found during BB DotD sales for $10 or less).

Not to mention that Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Ultimate Edition has 18 more characters and 8 more stages in addition to the more balance game play already mentioned.

[quote name='Investor']Not to mention that Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Ultimate Edition has 18 more characters and 8 more stages in addition to the more balance game play already mentioned.[/QUOTE]

There's 18 more characters in UMvC?

That is correct, my friend, and 8 more unique character stages.

[quote name='Investor']Not to mention that Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Ultimate Edition has 18 more characters and 8 more stages in addition to the more balance game play already mentioned.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']There's 18 more characters in UMvC?[/QUOTE]

I just realized that I never notified GF that I never received the copy of MvC3 that I ordered when it was last on sale. It's been 2 months so let's see what they say.

For the fighting enthusiast they should wait as for me I have no plans on "mastering" any character in the game. I just want something to mess around with when I get that fighting itch.

bread's done
Back