GameFly November 2011 Under $10 Blowout Sale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale is returns with under $10 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 11/21.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Brink $5.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $5.99
:360: Homefront $6.99
:360: Body & Brain Connection $7.99
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Naughty Bear $7.99
:360: Split/Second $7.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $7.99
:360: Child of Eden $9.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $9.99
:360: Medal of Honor $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:360: Cars 2 $9.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:360: First Templar $9.99
:360: Knights Contract $9.99
:360: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $9.99
:360: Limbo 3 Pack $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed: Need for Speed $9.99
:360: Sniper: Ghost Warrior $9.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:360: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99

:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $5.99
:ps3: Brink $5.99
:ps3: Homefront $6.99
:ps3: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $7.99
:ps3: EA Sports MMA $7.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $7.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: de Blob 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $9.99
:ps3: James Bond: Blood Stone $9.99
:ps3: Kung Fu Panda 2 $9.99
:ps3: No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise $9.99
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $9.99

:wii: Minute to Win it $4.99
:wii: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $7.99
:wii: Lost in Shadow $7.99
:wii: Reader Rabbit First Grade $7.99
:wii: Reader Rabbit Preschool $7.99
:wii: Top Shot Arcade $7.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $7.99
:wii: Guilty Party $9.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $9.99
:wii: Cars 2 $9.99
:wii: Conduit 2 $9.99
:wii: de Blob 2 $9.99
:wii: Gold's Gym Dance Workout $9.99
:wii: Just Dance Summer Party $9.99
:wii: Karaoke Revolution Glee Volume 2 $9.99
:wii: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $9.99
:wii: Rango $9.99
:wii: Rio $9.99
:wii: Sniper Elite $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
All of my games worked great today, despite a few minor chippings. Speaking of the shipping facility, the PA one is literally a five minute walk from my house. I may need to stop down there at some point and see if they'll let me exchange my rental games right then and there.

That's interesting. My closest shipping center is in Pittsburgh, and all of my games have lots of chips on them, with some games having seriously big chips. Thanks for post about the locations of your shipping facilities. I'll keep track of them for my records.

[quote name='apollosrequiem']I've received one game that had any chips in it at all (Force Unleashed 2), and all the rest have been pristine. Most, if not all, are coming from the PA facility.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Plankfan']All of my games worked great today, despite a few minor chippings. Speaking of the shipping facility, the PA one is literally a five minute walk from my house. I may need to stop down there at some point and see if they'll let me exchange my rental games right then and there.[/QUOTE]

Got my mafia 2 today but the center of the disc has a crack through the holographic part. Is this safe to even put in my console? or should i return this? :/

I can't decide whether or not I should buy Red Faction Armageddon (360). The demo was OK, fairly boring and most of the reviews I've read have been mixed. But for $8, can I really go wrong buying it? Do you think it will show again in a month during the December/Year End sale for a few dollars less? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='AshesofWake']Got my mafia 2 today but the center of the disc has a crack through the holographic part. Is this safe to even put in my console? or should i return this? :/[/QUOTE]

If it's a large crack I wouldn't keep it. If it somehow reached the holographic part then I doubt it'll play through all the way anyhow.

I remember reading an article a year or so ago about how netflix and gameflys envelopes created problems for USPS sorting systems. All the chips might have to do with possible new equipment installed to help sort through the post office. I don't work for the post office but it seems that its either a problem with gameflys sorting or with the post office sorting.

[quote name='HakaHina']Yeah, seriously. This was my second purchase from GameFly since the Crysis 2 one a week ago, which I returned. This time, the disks weren't so bad, but at least 1-2 chips were still on all of them (Red Fraction, NMH, Homefront). They didn't have any technical issues with them game-wise, so I should consider myself lucky this time. I like that people describe the physical conditions of their games, but I wish they could also test-play them too.[/QUOTE]

I live in California, and my games are all in great condition (ordered over a dozen games over several years).

If Gamefly has a title for both 360 and PS3 available, I will always go with the PS3 version. The blu-ray format is tougher to scratch (better coating) and every PS3 game I have received from them has been in prestine condition.

I got a 360 Duke this week and it had some light-ish scratches. Still good for $6. Case was perfect, as always.

[quote name='Investor']That's interesting. My closest shipping center is in Pittsburgh, and all of my games have lots of chips on them, with some games having seriously big chips. Thanks for post about the locations of your shipping facilities. I'll keep track of them for my records.[/QUOTE]
Good observation, the shipping facility that I get all my games from is also from Pittsburgh.

I've received all of them in pristine condition, (I've ordered about 14) although about 5 of the games I've recently bought (this month) have all had small chips. (Besides Dead Rising 2 which had a larger one but still works fine.)

NMH is the only game that I got with a scruffy looking case and box art for some reason.

But all in all, I'm pretty happy. Great deals, especially when you still get the codes.

I'm also in California and I've bought about 4 PS3 games the last couple years which all arrived in like new condition. Hopefully I can say the same about NMH when it arrives.

I'm guessing PS3 games get rented out less frequently, but it might also be regional issue. From what I've seen on Goozex most of the forum users seem to be from the east coast and from the games I've traded out, about 75% are sent to the east coast as well. Maybe GF has a similar demographic.

I haven't had any issue with any of the 360 games I've ordered from them in the past. I think I'm around 10 orders in the past year? I just ordered another six which I should have tomorrow.

Good point. So far from what people have been reported in, all the chips on the PS3 and 360 discs seems to be coming from the Pittsburgh, PA facility.

[quote name='melancholyvagrant']I'm also in California and I've bought about 4 PS3 games the last couple years which all arrived in like new condition. Hopefully I can say the same about NMH when it arrives.

I'm guessing PS3 games get rented out less frequently, but it might also be regional issue. From what I've seen on Goozex most of the forum users seem to be from the east coast and from the games I've traded out, about 75% are sent to the east coast as well. Maybe GF has a similar demographic.[/QUOTE]

My shipment came from Warrendale, PA and everything is in pretty good condition. Minor chips like you'd expect, but all the games installed on 360 and the one PS3 game I ordered is in mint condition.

My order of 6 games came. They all have chips on the edges. I usually get PS3 games as well, but I got 4x 360 games this time. All 4 have massive buffing marks on them. The PS3 one was in the best condition, again (but it's Duke Nukem, so it's like I'm kicked when I'm down).

Went back and looked at the recent games I bought from them, and I'm not sure if I should return some of them.

Here's a sampling of the condition of the Xbox 360 games I received from Gamefly recently, until I got bored of analyzing discs (all work fine):

Crisis 2: 4 tiny (1/10th of a mm) chips on the sides, disc surface looks pretty good - a couple of hairline scratches < 1 cm in length.
NFS Shift 2 Unleashed: 2 chips (one tiny, and one thats almost half a mm); suface had one prominent hairlne scraches of ~2-3 cm; otherwise surface is in good shape.
Dead Rising 2: One miniscule chip, a few tiny hairline scratches.
Limbo: No chips or scratches; looks about as close to mint as I've seen for a used game.
Star Wars FU2: Has 2 miniscule chips, a few tiny hairline scratches, and also, strangely there looks to be minor wear on the front surface of the disc (i.e., the white part around the Xbox logo is a bit faded).
Shadows of the Damned: One miniscule chip vs. manufacturing defect (barely perceptible); a couple of tiny hairlines < 1 cm on the surface.
Call of Juarez Cartel: One miniscule chip and the disc surface has maybe one tiny hairline; looks like it's been barely played.
Red Faction Armageddon: One small chip, surface looks nearly perfect.
Bulletstorm: No chips, a few hairlines.

BTW, I'm in California; as far as I remember, the shipments were from Pittsburgh.

I picked up Homefront, I've been jonesing for a military FPS and didn't want to spend $60 for the new ones.

I also looked through my purchase history after buying this, and noticed that going back to February 2010 I've gotten about 6 games through these sales, and I've only really played two this entire time. :)
I've gotten better about getting sucked into buying games just because they are cheap.

Got Bulletstorm for a shade over 4 bucks shipped. I would have rather gotten Child of Eden, but not a bad game for the 2nd to last day of the sale.

Received Dead Space 2 for the 360, and for the first time out of 6 games, the disc and case look fantastic. My last order was for 5 games, and I wonder if they someone pick terrible disc for multi-game orders as a deterrant, or what. My 5 game order from last year was beat to shit, and I was pretty annoyed. Took me a few days to decide to pull the trigger on Gamefly used game sales again. Still waiting on Mafia II, but if it's in as good a condition as Dead Space 2, I'll start intentionally placing individual orders when free shipping is involved to test me theory.

I've ordered somewhere between 15 - 20 games from Gamefly and all of them have worked, and any games with DLC code inserts still had them, all at the cheapest prices anywhere. If after all that, you care about what the underside of a completely functional disc looks like, maybe you should be buying new.

[quote name='Modus Pwnens']I've ordered somewhere between 15 - 20 games from Gamefly and all of them have worked, and any games with DLC code inserts still had them, all at the cheapest prices anywhere. If after all that, you care about what the underside of a completely functional disc looks like, maybe you should be buying new.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Lonedragon87']debating on call of juraez[/QUOTE]

Do yourself a favor and pass.

received my homefront :360: yesterday, i'd rate it an 8.5/10, no chips or problems, played it awhile last night. never had a problem with gamefly games, and i've ordered more than a few from them before.

[quote name='Modus Pwnens']I've ordered somewhere between 15 - 20 games from Gamefly and all of them have worked, and any games with DLC code inserts still had them, all at the cheapest prices anywhere. If after all that, you care about what the underside of a completely functional disc looks like, maybe you should be buying new.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit this

Out of curiosity anyone having freezing issues with Crysis 2 during MP? Not sure if its because of it being used or its just the game. I have it installed to the HD and the disc has no chips with just one or two light scratches.

[quote name='Caine']Got Bulletstorm for a shade over 4 bucks shipped. I would have rather gotten Child of Eden, but not a bad game for the 2nd to last day of the sale.[/QUOTE]

how did you get it for $4 shipped? I see it for 10

seems to be a blessing that all my games have come in 'like new' condition
All 360
Bulletstorm
Crysis 2
NFS:HP
You Dont Know Jack

I'm more worried about the disc cracking in the drive than anything else.

Received my Duke Nukem Forever and Homefront 360 games today. DNF was perfect while HF had several chips but worked with no problems. Both games for $14 is not too shabby.

Picked up my games from the post office just now. They all look very nice underneath, let's just hope they all play! They were shipped from PA btw.

Me, too. But like someone pointed out before, if you start seeing cracks developing around all the chips, don't put them into the PS3/360 anymore. Toss them.

[quote name='elessar123']I'm more worried about the disc cracking in the drive than anything else.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']Me, too. But like someone pointed out before, if you start seeing cracks developing around all the chips, don't put them into the PS3/360 anymore. Toss them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but that would mean I would have to play one game for quiet sometime, when in reality my pile of shame is growing I barely have that much time to give to a game these days.

Got ds2 a few days ago, but today I finally cracked and bought brink and duke nukem, I just couldn't help myself, but at least with those last 2 the worst case scenario is that I hate them and I'm out less than 12 bucks. Curiosity can be a killer sometimes, let's just hope those are worth playing, if even just for a laugh.

[quote name='jetthead']Received my Duke Nukem Forever and Homefront 360 games today. DNF was perfect while HF had several chips but worked with no problems. Both games for $14 is not too shabby.[/QUOTE]

Homefront does come with a useable online code right?

[quote name='xewndar1']Homefront does come with a useable online code right?[/QUOTE]
Every code for any game I have ever got through Gamefly has worked.

[quote name='xewndar1']Homefront does come with a useable online code right?[/QUOTE]

so far the multiplayer on homefront has been a lot of fun

bread's done
Back