GameFly September 2010 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

Deathchamber

CAGiversary!
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with prices under $20 and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.
Sale ends 10/4.

:360: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $7.99
:360: Dark Void $9.99
:360: Prince of Persia $9.99
:360: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:360: Darksiders $12.99
:360: Need for Speed: Shift $12.99
:360: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:360: BioShock 2 $14.99
:360: Dante's Inferno $14.99
:360: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $17.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:360: Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City $17.99
:360: Left 4 Dead 2 $17.99
:360: Tropico 3 $17.99
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $14.99 (Still has free shipping as of 10/7)
:360: Borderlands $19.99

:ps3: Rogue Warrior $7.99
:ps3: Dark Void $9.99
:ps3: Aliens vs. Predator $12.99
:ps3: Alpha Protocol $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed 2 $14.99
:ps3: BioShock 2 $14.99
:ps3: Dante's Inferno Divine Edition $14.99
:ps3: Darksiders $14.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Shift $14.99
:ps3: God of War Collection $17.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII $17.99
:ps3: MAG $17.99
:ps3: God of War III $19.99
:ps3: Infamous $17.99
:ps3: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $17.99
:ps3: Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time $19.99

:wii: Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2010 $7.99
:wii: Hasbro Family Game Night 2 $9.99
:wii: James Cameron's Avatar: The Game $9.99
:wii: MadWorld $9.99
:wii: MySims Agents $12.99
:wii: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands $12.99
:wii: Racquet Sports $12.99
:wii: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing $12.99
:wii: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle $12.99
:wii: Rabbids Go Home $12.99
:wii: Dead Space Extraction $14.99
:wii: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 $14.99
:wii: Red Steel 2 $17.99
:wii: Trauma Team $19.99
:wii: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the sale over? Free shipping is no more...

Nevermind, I wanted 'Where the Wild Things Are' and just found it on Amazon Warehouse for $12.99...$2.00 cheaper.

Well I just got my GoW3 and it looks alright, but it has those some indentions on the edges of the game. My AC2 had this too as well as the GOD3 I had to return. Are their machines doing this? Does anyone elses games have this?

Im in Texas and I get the games in 2 days so Im guessing theyre coming from the AUstin location, theyre coming pretty shitty

[quote name='Ravenous']Well I just got my GoW3 and it looks alright, but it has those some indentions on the edges of the game. My AC2 had this too as well as the GOD3 I had to return. Are their machines doing this? Does anyone elses games have this?

Im in Texas and I get the games in 2 days so Im guessing theyre coming from the AUstin location, theyre coming pretty shitty[/QUOTE]

When I used Gamefly for a rental service they shipped out the discs in a paper envelope by themselves. Due to the lack of protection the edges of the discs get chipped through shipping. These same rental copies are the ones you're buying.

It seems like when you purchase used discs from Gamefly they either arrive in the following conditions:

1. Mint because they were copies that were never rented by anyore.
2. Very used and scratched or heavily buffed because they were rented by many people.

Got Dantes inferno, DLC Code included but no slip cover. Looks in decent condition, has slight chipping around the edge as I would expect but nothing major.

Got AC2 and there is a chip along the edge that looks like it might effect the game data. Does gamefly generally provide good customer service? Or is this gonna be a pain? I wish I could fully install it on my PS3 like I could on 360

[quote name='Matedawg11']Ok guys I'm split, torn actually, I'm getting 2 max games I promised myself and I'm stuck between Darksiders, Mass Effect 2 and Borderlands. Please help me out, I already know they're all great games but is there anything anyone can justify for me not to get one of them. I guess if it comes down to it I'll get all three but I'm trying not to. Thanks[/QUOTE]

It depends what you like to play. ME2 is the best bang for the buck, it will take the longest to play...but that's if you feel like playing through something with a story, etc. Borderlands is great, but as someone else mentioned - the GOTY version is coming out soon....Borderlands is great if you want to play co-op or online. And Darksiders is okay....I wasn't impressed with it overall, but it's a quicker game - fun to look at and it's something you can play and then forget about.

[quote name='imacjenn']It depends what you like to play. ME2 is the best bang for the buck, it will take the longest to play...but that's if you feel like playing through something with a story, etc. Borderlands is great, but as someone else mentioned - the GOTY version is coming out soon....Borderlands is great if you want to play co-op or online. And Darksiders is okay....I wasn't impressed with it overall, but it's a quicker game - fun to look at and it's something you can play and then forget about.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands and ME2, easily...I've clocked in around 50 or so hours in Borderlands with most of the DLC almost completed. It's one of the few multi-plater centric games that works extremely well as single player. It's an absurd amount of fun and you'll definitely get loot addicted and play through it more than once.

ME2 is just a given. It shouldn't be missed by anyone. My first run took me about 23 hours and I got to level 28(cap is 30).

I also got Dante's Inferno Divine Edition - and it didn't come with the slip cover or any of the pack-ins (besides the DLC code). Any point in complaining to Gamefly or should I just let it go? I guess I'm not sure what the expectation should be. Is it really the Divine Edition if you don't get all the other stuff?

Got my copy of Sin & Punishment. The disc has some scuffs, and it looks like outer edge of the disc has been chipped off. I tested it and it plays fine, but it makes a lot of noise when it's spinning in the console.

Not sure what to do about it.

Received the 6 games I ordered from Gamefly. Most were in pretty good shape. Only MAG I'll have to try to either get a refund or exchange. Disc is cracked on inner ring extending out onto data portion of disc. Won't read. Bummer. But out of 30 or so games bought from them in the past few years, no complaints.

[quote name='Dysheekie']I also got Dante's Inferno Divine Edition - and it didn't come with the slip cover or any of the pack-ins (besides the DLC code). Any point in complaining to Gamefly or should I just let it go? I guess I'm not sure what the expectation should be. Is it really the Divine Edition if you don't get all the other stuff?[/QUOTE]

I believe everything except the DLC is on disc, so you should have everything except the slip cover.

[quote name='Rozz']When I used Gamefly for a rental service they shipped out the discs in a paper envelope by themselves. Due to the lack of protection the edges of the discs get chipped through shipping. These same rental copies are the ones you're buying.

It seems like when you purchase used discs from Gamefly they either arrive in the following conditions:

2. Very used and scratched or heavily buffed because they were rented by many people.[/QUOTE]

They still use the same paper envelopes, but they also have a cardboard sleeve that the paper sleeve/disc go into. It has more protection that way.

[quote name='Dysheekie']I also got Dante's Inferno Divine Edition - and it didn't come with the slip cover or any of the pack-ins (besides the DLC code). Any point in complaining to Gamefly or should I just let it go? I guess I'm not sure what the expectation should be. Is it really the Divine Edition if you don't get all the other stuff?[/QUOTE]

Considering it's advertised as the regular edition, quit your complaining and consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Complaining to Gamefly will only make you look like a complete idiot.

I'm impressed, ordered Dante's Inferno (PS3) yesterday morning and got in in the post today.

Slip cover? Yes.
DLC? Yes.
Conditon? Like new.

Overall Gamefly once again comes through for me.

I bought darksiders but there was a chip at the edge that doesnt bother me but underneigh it looked like swiss cheese it wasnt polished one bit either that or the eco case scratched it the hell up

[quote name='HydroX']Considering it's advertised as the regular edition, quit your complaining and consider yourself one of the lucky ones. Complaining to Gamefly will only make you look like a complete idiot.[/QUOTE]

Well at least you're not bitter about it. And actually it's advertised as the Divine Edition - not sure what you're looking at. I'm just asking a simple question so how about you get off your high horse. I'm also not concerned with "looking like an idiot" in front of Gamefly. As I mentioned, I wasn't sure what the expectations were when you bought something from Gamefly -- should they include everything from the retail purchase? Anyway, not sure why I even bother with dickheads like you.

Kaoz -- thanks for the info, I didn't realize all the other things were already on the disc. The slip cover is not a big deal to me, so I will just let it go.

Got my Dante Divine Edition! The packaging was not only complete, but mint new game smell. Slip cover, case, art, manual, DLC code worked.

Now the disc was all smudged and dusty, but no scratches, easily cleaned it myself. There were 2 tiny chips on the outside rim, but game is playing fine.

Super satisfied first time purchase at Gamefly (rented before), and I'll be watching every Gamefly end of month sale now! Thanks OP!

Edit: Sorry I bumped the bouncy to a new page...don't even know who Katy Perry is but it's hard to scroll past without stopping

[quote name='Rozz']When I used Gamefly for a rental service they shipped out the discs in a paper envelope by themselves. Due to the lack of protection the edges of the discs get chipped through shipping. These same rental copies are the ones you're buying.

2. Very used and scratched or heavily buffed because they were rented by many people.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much spot on. I've been renting from GF for about 2 years, and games basically do fall into one of those two categories. If it was a very popular game, more likely than not your copy is gonna be beat to shit. That being said, I've never gotten a game from that didn't work, which has definitely been a huge surprise.

I always do laugh when GF has a big sale, and you see people complaining about the condition of the discs. Guys, you're buying used games from a rental service. You're getting their former rentals. What kind of condition do you think they are honestly going to be in?

just got PS3 alpha protocol, aliens vs predator, crack in time, and MAG ... all mint, no scratches at all ...love these sales but hope some new games go on sale soon since i own all of these now!

How are people getting games on Saturdays and Sundays?
Is it because it was delivered on Friday and they forgot to check their post boxes until now, or are they really delivering on the weekends?

[quote name='sherisdoppel']How are people getting games on Saturdays and Sundays?
Is it because it was delivered on Friday and they forgot to check their post boxes until now, or are they really delivering on the weekends?[/QUOTE]

USPS delivers on Saturdays. Idk how people are getting their games on Sundays though.

My Alpha Protocol PS3 arrived yesterday. The bubble mailer was a bit ripped. The case and manual are in perfect condition as I would hope. The disc has about 6 or 7 dents around the side and the middle is slightly cracked. I'm not sure if it will play, but even so, I'm not sure if I'll purchase a game through them again. I don't know how a game with a crack in the disc would be sent out.

I got my Dante's Inferno Divine Edition yesterday with no Slip Cover =( But I did get the DLC =)

Also got Left for Dead 2 in great condition

I got my ME2. Only the second disc has some iffy scratches on the outside. Hope it does not error at the end of game, glad they have the it'll work promise, we'll see in a few months when I play through again to use my save from ME1 on 360.T he cerberus code was good. Awesome, since I bought Dragon Age for PS3 (holy frame rate issues batman!) a while back, and since I downloaded stuff to my PS3, it still showed up on my EA account, which looks to be liked to Bioware accounts, as I also can download the preorder gear from when I pre ordered for PC

so anyone who wandered, it appears you only have to get DLC for one platform and it'll just register to your account. Basically: I preordered the PC version, used the pre order armor code on PC way back then and it is also available on my 360 now even tho I used the code for PC version. I have DA:O for PS3, in July or Aug registered it for the blood armor on DA:O, so I get the special armor on my 360 version of ME2(long traded the pc version can't check but given what I see now sure it'd be the same)

EA and Bioware account integration gets a major thumbs up from me!

[quote name='Nighty']USPS delivers on Saturdays. Idk how people are getting their games on Sundays though.[/QUOTE]

this is am easy one: their mail normally comes at 2. They check at 4 it's not there, but it got there "late" at 5and they then don't check till the next day

I really want to get alpha protocol, darksiders and mag but with all the complaints on cracks and scratches it's making me want to just wait till GS/EB has them cheap used or try to find deals on black friday

i know i can just return but that is a pain in the ass and i am an impatient man.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']How are people getting games on Saturdays and Sundays?
Is it because it was delivered on Friday and they forgot to check their post boxes until now, or are they really delivering on the weekends?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the USPS still deliver on Saturdays.

[quote name='jacobeid']My Alpha Protocol PS3 arrived yesterday. The bubble mailer was a bit ripped. The case and manual are in perfect condition as I would hope. The disc has about 6 or 7 dents around the side and the middle is slightly cracked. I'm not sure if it will play, but even so, I'm not sure if I'll purchase a game through them again. I don't know how a game with a crack in the disc would be sent out.[/QUOTE]

wow. just for the record, i've bought maybe 15 ps3 games from them. every single one has been mint. sorry you got a bad one, but at least based on my experience, it's a rarity. if i were you i'd return it and rebuy.

[quote name='affa']wow. just for the record, i've bought maybe 15 ps3 games from them. every single one has been mint. sorry you got a bad one, but at least based on my experience, it's a rarity. if i were you i'd return it and rebuy.[/QUOTE]

I sent them an e-mail explaining the situation. The disc is extremely loud in my PS3 and freezes often. This is the first time I've ever heard my PS3 and it quiets down whenever I put in another game. I'm guessing it may be due to it either trying to read past the crack or the dents.

Regardless, I won't be playing it until I get a new copy.

By the way, this isn't a screw gamefly, I am so mad post. Just letting everyone know that it IS possible that your disc won't be mint and you could have a problem. Everyone says gamefly is great so I have no doubt that they'll fix this.

No anger. No resentment. I just want to see if the game is good or not!

I love gamefly, not a member but always buy games from them during the sales. Just picked up Assassins creed 2, new Prince of Persia, and darksiders! They come practically new!

Okay help me out, I got PS3 Dantes Inferno and the box states that the game is 1080i/p... yet its only on my TV on 480p. Whats the deal with that?

Yea I kinda thought it may be from being dinged around, than I thought maybe it was cause some prongs from a machine were used and just too rough.

My Dantes came damn good, the digi still had the sealed plastic on the bottom hold it in place.

Okay help me out, I got PS3 Dantes Inferno and the box states that the game is 1080i/p... yet its only on my TV on 480p. Whats the deal with that?

When is says sale ends 10/4 does that mean that is the last day of the sale, or that is when the prices go back to normal? Still waiting on Dante's Inferno Divine Edition to come back in stock :/

[quote name='Kaoz']I believe everything except the DLC is on disc, so you should have everything except the slip cover.[/QUOTE]

Kaoz is correct. All of the bonus content for the PS3 version except for the free DLC code are all locked to the game disc.

I got Darksiders for 360. So far it was the game in worst condition I have ever gotten from GF. Clearly resurfaced and chipped in a couple of spots on the outside part of the disc. It installed no problem anyway, and for the price, $12.63 shipped, I can't complain too much ;)

Just got my copy of MAG, looks good overall. Came with booklet and case, the Blu Ray itself has a few small scratches around the edges.

Received my Darksiders for 360 yesterday in near mint condition! Some black "stuff" on the outside edges but wiped away clean with a wet cloth. Fantastic deal for only $13.xx! Will definitely be saving up for the next GF used sale!

What have people been seeing on time to receive using the free shipping option?

I just hit six days since my order shipped and I haven't received it yet. Thinking it's been stolen in transport or pickup :whistle2:(

Edit: My shipment came pretty much 10 mins after I posted this comment. Instead of coming USPS it came UPS and in my location I hardly ever get deliveries on saturday and they come later in the day.

PS3 FF13 came again in great condition with all inserts...again very happy with Gamefly used sales.

bread's done
Back