Gamefly trial $5.95 + 400 MS points

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Not to thread crap or anything, but make sure you send back any game you have in your possession before canceling your service. I canceled my service before returning Hotel Dusk and a few weeks later they charged the game to my CC. I distinctly remember sending the game back. It all seemed very fishy to me.[/quote]

And that is exactly when you file a dispute with the credit card company to get your money back. Or ask Gamefly to take away the charge is possible as well.

EDIT: I got two games shipped, I had DBZ: Burst Limit at the top, and Dynasty Warriors Gundam second, I got DW: Gundam, but instead I got my number 7, Virtua Fighter 5, I have now dwindled my GQ to a few games I really want, I Didn't think this would happen. They skipped, low, medium, and high games (which Gundam was High), in order to have an easy time, they pick Available now, though I bet a few steps, they could have gotten number 3 easily, if not DBZ. But, I wanted Virtua to play and get it out of my system, so I will not complain to them, but now I know that a game that says available now, means, no matter where this is on your list, the first available now overrides the crap we advertise, so we can waste your time with games you didn't really want. I was really looking forward to DBZ in a few days too....Oh well, its coming up next for sure. I used to have Gamefly, it was never nearly as bad, I had no complaints a few years ago, I had the service for an entire year, each month, 9.95, GF, never getting my dollar again.

[quote name='communistbloc']I signed up and put Boom Blox on my queue as #1. Received an email and it's sent. Sorry :([/quote]

haha, oh well. I hope you enjoy it. I got an e-mail today that they received the last game I sent, and now they sent me Blast Works, which is #3 on my queue. So that makes 4 games sent out, none of them being Boom Blox.

[quote name='Skoalboy']I just quit, their service sucks really bad. I rented a grand total of 8 games in 2+ months, and 2 of them got "lost in the mail". I then tried calling them (it took apprx. 40 minutes to find telephone number through google), to be told that my account might be under review. Basically I took this to mean that they would continue to charge my cc but not ship out any games as there were 5 games that just came out that were in my cue and nothing was sent out![/quote]
Why didn't you just look on their site and click on Contact Us??
[quote name='greendayrulestce']Yeah, its under the very low category, it says the chances of it shipping are less than 25 percent I think. They probably found it easier just to do the next game in the que.[/quote]
Let me play the role of Cptn. Obvious. It's not a matter of it being easier, more a matter of that's how the run things. If they have no stock of the number one game in your que they'll go ahead and ship out number two in your que.

Pretty much they work in a way where you won't be without a game, it can be a bit annoying but they take into account that you have a list of games you WANT to play so it shouldn't matter too much which one you get sent to you. You're still playing a game you have chosen to play.

I've so far been insanely happy with Gamefly's service. When I rent games they come to be decently scratch free, when I buy games I get them for dirt cheap and I get a perfect condition case and manual. If I work my list right I usually get the game I want shipped to me.

I think my only annoyances were when they sent the 8th game on my list the ONE time.

And when I was trying to downgrade to a one game plan. I had turned in my game , it was in the mail an on it's way. I then the next day down graded. Thought everything was good until they went ahead and sent a second game and put me back to a two game plan. I found the only way to down grade was to empty out my list, send the game in and then down grade. Little annoying but not enough to make me cancel and lose my 10% discount on cheap used games. :D

I live in Minneapolis, MN and the turn around time is usually 4 mailing days total. So that's two there and then two days back barring any set backs with the mail. Everyone of my games has come from California too if that helps. ;)

It seemed to work for me. I signed up using a different e-mail address and credit card. My first game was shipped today, from Pittsburgh. Hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week. I'm in VA.

Hey SerenityKry, of course I hit "Contact Us" button. It is for only e-mail, no phone# for customer service. I sent a rather lengthy e-mail telling them about my problems with their service, never to hear from them! That is when I looked up their phone number. Oh yeah, their customer service for phone support is open for calls for a grand total of 4 hours a day!

[quote name='hppypnts']I also got $10 dollars free towards a used game when I signed up. Sweet sweet deal![/quote]

Is everyone getting this?

[quote name='Skoalboy']Hey SerenityKry, of course I hit "Contact Us" button. It is for only e-mail, no phone# for customer service. I sent a rather lengthy e-mail telling them about my problems with their service, never to hear from them! That is when I looked up their phone number. Oh yeah, their customer service for phone support is open for calls for a grand total of 4 hours a day![/quote]

Yeah, I retract my previous statement about not going to complain about their service. I sent an email today, because "They are experiencing technical difficulties" I guess I need to just keep on trying to call. I want Burst Limit really bad!

[quote name='Cindaddy']Is everyone getting this?[/quote]

If you signed up check out your account info and see if you have the 10 free game dollars. Here is what happened whe I signed up.

I had the 400 Free MS Points and 5.95 sign up page open in one tab. I was browsing gamefly in another tab and came across a small banner that said you get 10 free game dollars for a new signup and 8.95 for first month. I clicked through but didnt finish signing up on the 8.95 screen. I went back to sign up on the 5.95 screen and when I got my email confirmation it confirmed the 10$ credit and 5.95 signup. I think this may be an issue with cookies and if you activate the 10 free dollars cookie by clicking on the linka dn then sign up with the 5.95 offer you get both. But it may be automatic as well, so you may just want to check your account info, it also shows up automatically when you buy your next game from the site.

If I wouldn't have gotten the 10 free dollars on sign up I would have just emailed them and told them that I never received my credit.

Hope this helps you guys.

Now I just need to patiently wait for my free MS points email. >=)

[quote name='hppypnts']If you signed up check out your account info and see if you have the 10 free game dollars. Here is what happened whe I signed up.

I had the 400 Free MS Points and 5.95 sign up page open in one tab. I was browsing gamefly in another tab and came across a small banner that said you get 10 free game dollars for a new signup and 8.95 for first month. I clicked through but didnt finish signing up on the 8.95 screen. I went back to sign up on the 5.95 screen and when I got my email confirmation it confirmed the 10$ credit and 5.95 signup. I think this may be an issue with cookies and if you activate the 10 free dollars cookie by clicking on the linka dn then sign up with the 5.95 offer you get both. But it may be automatic as well, so you may just want to check your account info, it also shows up automatically when you buy your next game from the site.

If I wouldn't have gotten the 10 free dollars on sign up I would have just emailed them and told them that I never received my credit.

Hope this helps you guys.

Now I just need to patiently wait for my free MS points email. >=)[/quote]

Can you explain where did you click to see the 10 free game dollars for new signup?
I'm trying to get that too if possible
thanks

I signed up under the Live deal and they charged my credit card but my account now says "Restart your membership?" and no games were sent out.

I sent them an email but judging from the experiences here I wonder if they'll even respond.

Hppypnts, thanks for the heads-up on the $10 free game dollar offer - and the details on how you went about working both signup offers. I dug around and couldn't find it either (although they have a most unappealing offer for 14 "free" issues of SI or Entertainment Weekly). Any advice on where you found the banner (or even a URL to the offer page) would be much appreciated.

[quote name='cheapkevin']So I need to have an Xbox Live subscription to qualify for this deal? What if I just have a gamertag and a free trial?[/quote]No, this is NOT an offer for Xbox Live subscribers. It's kind of misleading. Anyone can sign up, as long as you are a new member. However, if you use a different credit card or email address, they might not notice. They canceled my account though. I had Gamefly years ago.

I signed up monday, waited 24 hours and then e-mailed them on Wednesday asking them why my games were not shipped. Within a matter of hours of the e-mail they were shipped had Condemned 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2 as my top 2. They sent me Assassin's creed and Condemned 2. Recieved them on friday. I live in Michigan so they are coming from Pittsburgh but they seem to be 2 days so hopfully it only takes 2 days to get back. So far it's been ok it would be great if I didn't have to e-mail them about my games not getting shipped.

signed up a few days ago. They shipped DBZ burst limit and mass effect. Good shit. btw, games came in the mail today so signed up on the 22nd late night, 23rd said they shipped, and got em today 24th. very good shit

Anyone know how long this promotion is available for? I have 8 days left on my current subscription that I'm cancelling, but I'd be in for another month with this deal.

Just signed up! Never played any of the new Ninja Gaiden games and figured I'd give it a try. Curious to see how much it'll beat me down as I hear it's pretty tough.

[quote name='MightyHealthy']Got my 400 Microsoft Points e-mail today.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I thought I'd see more posts about this, but I guess they just started sending them out.

I wonder if Microsoft has a bulk deal on xbox points. Does Gamefly sign up and MS sends them an email with hundreds of codes on it and then Gamefly can just cut-n-paste the codes when they email them out, or is there some poor slob sitting in a 6X6 cubicle scraping off the silver coating on 400 point cards one at a time and then manually typing in each code for every person that signed up for this deal. Probably why it takes 4-6 weeks.

Good deal by the way.

[quote name='doho7744']I wonder if Microsoft has a bulk deal on xbox points. Does Gamefly sign up and MS sends them an email with hundreds of codes on it and then Gamefly can just cut-n-paste the codes when they email them out, or is there some poor slob sitting in a 6X6 cubicle scraping off the silver coating on 400 point cards one at a time and then manually typing in each code for every person that signed up for this deal. Probably why it takes 4-6 weeks.

Good deal by the way.[/quote]

It only took 4 weeks for me. My guess is that this is mostly a MS promo.

bread's done
Back