GameFly Used Deals (repeats): Ryse/Last of Us/NFS Rivals X1/Killzone $25 & More

My DR3 arrived from the sale last week. Disc was flawless. Hoping there are sales this week too.
Same here with DR3 and Forza. They look great and play great. I'm hoping NFS gets here tomorrow or the next day. The condition is wonderful if you compare it to Gamestop "new" games that sometimes have stickers and greasy fingerprints on the cases if they were used for display purposes.

With DR3, expect to devote some time downloading a 12gb update if you haven't already (and you want to be able to play online). I installed the disc while I was watching tv so the game is ready when I'm ready to get into it.

SonictheHedgehog1337, on 07 Apr 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:
Same here with DR3 and Forza. They look great and play great. I'm hoping NFS gets here tomorrow or the next day. The condition is wonderful if you compare it to Gamestop "new" games that sometimes have stickers and greasy fingerprints on the cases if they were used for display purposes.

With DR3, expect to devote some time downloading a 12gb update if you haven't already (and you want to be able to play online). I installed the disc while I was watching tv so the game is ready when I'm ready to get into it.
Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll put it the disc during my lunch break, so it can install.

I ordered Splinter Cell for PS3 two weeks ago. I finally got it today, open it up, and the disc has orange stickers on each side of the center of the disc, and I can see they were placed over a crack.

Anyone ever get a game like this? I'm okay with the little chips, but ain't paying for a repaired disc.

I have never received a disk like that and I've ordered a ton of games through GF. I'd probably send it back also. I had one of those disks get stuck in my ps3 a while back. The sticker was a little old and starting to get tacky. I went to eject the disk and it wouldn't come out. I ended up using a butter knife and gently prying it down so it would eject properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
MrBeatdown, on 07 Apr 2014 - 4:15 PM, said:MrBeatdown, on 07 Apr 2014 - 4:15 PM, said:
I ordered Splinter Cell for PS3 two weeks ago. I finally got it today, open it up, and the disc has orange stickers on each side of the center of the disc, and I can see they were placed over a crack.

Anyone ever get a game like this? I'm okay with the little chips, but ain't paying for a repaired disc.
The worst I ever had was a scratched up WWE game on 360. Odd getting a PS3 game like that. Those discs are usually tougher to mess up. Also, you may want to look into why it took so long to ship. That seems fishy.

The worst I ever had was a scratched up WWE game on 360. Odd getting a PS3 game like that. Those discs are usually tougher to mess up. Also, you may want to look into why it took so long to ship. That seems fishy.
Yeah, two weeks is way too long. Usually it takes a week at most.

On Saturday I actually asked GF about it on chat and they suggested it was lost in the mail and were going to give me a refund, and that I'd have to return it, but I decided to wait a little longer.

The funny thing is, I asked if they had a tracking number or could tell me where it was. They said no, but I got the package today, and it had a working tracking number on it. It looks like it took seven or eight days to come here from Kentucky, but GF doesn't have a distribution center there, so it was probably just lost. The "electronic shipping info received" only posted three days after I ordered, so that might be why it got messed up.

Anyway, I just talked to CS again. Got a return label, and was able to get a coupon for $7.98 to cover the shipping and the price increase, so I just ordered a new copy for the same price I originally paid, so I'm happy.

Well, guys, it looks like the deal train is over--the deals from Friday are now gone and nothing has appeared to take their place--unless something appears at 8pm EST (which, IIRC, has happened in the past).

My Xbone NFS Rivals showed up today. I've been so psyched to play it. As soon as I got home from work, I tried to install it. It doesn't work. I tried a couple times to install, but it can't do it. The disc has 3 obvious scratches on it. They don't look deep, but I guess that's enough to ruin a bluray. I had no idea. It also has a few of the dings on the outside edge of the disc that everyone talks about, but I've never had a problem with them effecting performance before.

Actually, on a second look, I can see that one of the dings is big enough that its bending the data part of the disc a little bit. Son of a bitch.

My Saints Row IV arrived with the usual chips around the edges. 

The online pass is of course included, though do I need it for LAN co-op? Or can I sell the online pass?

My Xbone NFS Rivals showed up today. I've been so psyched to play it. As soon as I got home from work, I tried to install it. It doesn't work. I tried a couple times to install, but it can't do it. The disc has 3 obvious scratches on it. They don't look deep, but I guess that's enough to ruin a bluray. I had no idea. It also has a few of the dings on the outside edge of the disc that everyone talks about, but I've never had a problem with them effecting performance before.

Actually, on a second look, I can see that one of the dings is big enough that its bending the data part of the disc a little bit. Son of a bitch.
That sucks. I've always been worried about one not working, but never had it happen before. And I think every disc I've ever gotten from them has those chips. Will have to remember to check these games right away when I get them from now on.

Hopefully you have no problems returning it and they still have another they can send you.

Sorry to hear that. My copy came yesterday and installed and played it with no problems. I guess it's the luck, or misfortune, of the draw sometimes.

I've had a couple discs not work for me before, both 360 discs.  I'm surprised to hear that an X1 bluray disc isn't working, but yeah if the ding is big enough to affect the data portion of the disc then it seems possible.

Gamefly was real good with refunds both times I needed to return the games, just sucks that they won't replace it and you'll probably have to wait for another sale.

I've had a couple discs not work for me before, both 360 discs. I'm surprised to hear that an X1 bluray disc isn't working, but yeah if the ding is big enough to affect the data portion of the disc then it seems possible.

Gamefly was real good with refunds both times I needed to return the games, just sucks that they won't replace it and you'll probably have to wait for another sale.
What the fuck !? Gamefly doesn't send a replacement disc? Again, what the fuck ?

Ryse was a great game, just traded it and NFS X1 for $32 each at GS. great deal, thnx
I'm half tempted to just trade it into GS if it wasn't for the fact that some other poor shopper is just going to end up buying it and seeing that it doesn't install.

Wow, really? I mean, I know It's not the norm for Gamefly blu-rays, but going next gen you would think people would rarely run into this. People can't even respect a blu-ray disc.

I doubt it's from the scratches. It's whatever process they got going on that chips the edges of the discs more than likely. I remember the first time I ordered from GF like WTF is this. But I've been lucky I guess, never got one bad enough that it didn't work.

And that's pretty shitty they wont replace it, another fun fact I've learned. At least you get your money back, but still. You bought the game for a reason.

Wow, really? I mean, I know It's not the norm for Gamefly blu-rays, but going next gen you would think people would rarely run into this. People can't even respect a blu-ray disc.
That was my immediate response. The light scratches are probably from a Gamefly renter who just can't even respect a disc. The ding is probably from USPS. I'm trying to take a picture to show you guys, but my camera can't even capture how the bluray is bent from the ding. You kind of have to move the disc back and forth under a light in order to see that the dent reaches the data portion of the disc. Son of a bitch.

damit i was going 2 trade or sell killzone but if it down 2 $25 alredy look like it will never bw orth it...
Yeah that game dropped like a rock. I think a lot of people just finished the 10 hour campaign and then traded it in. They didn't like the Killzone multiplayer because they would rather jump around with a jetpack in Titanfall.

i like cod ghost beter and titanfall is beter 2 killzone was 1st ps4 game i buyed but i am bored now if ne 1 wants 2 trade i will sell or trade my copy but it wont let me post in trade forum so just do it her.e
Me too. I like Titanfall, but they recently did some stupid update and now there's so much lag and wait screens and they almost match me up against Generation 10's that have been playing the fuck ing game for hundreds of hours. Sorry for all the cursing but I just wish they'd fuck ing fix it so it would be fun again.

I went back to cod ghosts recently because I like to be the Predator and Michael Myers and this is the only game that lets me fulfill these wonderful fantasies.

Damn..still no GF sale! I should have grabbed these games when they had them on sale. I already have ryse but 25 for nfs would have been nice.

bread's done
Back