Gamefly Used Game Blowout

I wonder why some of these prices keep going up? I'm positive I've seen Hardline for $8.99 in previous sales. Waiting for Star Wars to drop to at least $12.99...bit of a disappointing year for GF sales IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is SF V worth $20?

Are there dlc characters obtained through points or money?
Not really, unless you are a diehard fighting fan or sf fan. Its a bare bones local & multiplayer versus, thats it.
Characters are obtainable threw points but you'll have to love playing alot online to get them.

Not really, unless you are a diehard fighting fan or sf fan. Its a bare bones local & multiplayer versus, thats it.
Characters are obtainable threw points but you'll have to love playing alot online to get them.
I agree with this guy. It is pretty bare, but will get a story mode next month. It has a mini story mode for each character and survival now. If you do enjoy fighting games, it is a lot of fun. I have been playing these games for the last 25 years and I believe this is the most lenient Street fighter game when it comes to pulling off cool combos. So if you've ever been curious, this is the fighting game for you to jump into. Plus the multiplayer is really good

What do you get when you buy from gamefly? Any experience stories here? Do you get the factory case?

thank you!! i will avoid it then..I m not a diehard fan....I am just curious about that game because it is a famous fighting game.

Are people purposely ignoring these questions?
hes0WIN.gif

I'm happy with Street Fighter V, I paid $36 for my copy. They will be adding more content, which I'm looking forward to. It released poorly, but they're doing a decent job at fixing it.

I got Transformers for $25 on Black Friday and thought it was a fair price. That price used not as much a good deal. I imagine waiting a month or so for Turtles will probably be better.

Is SF V worth $20?

Are there dlc characters obtained through points or money?
If you love fighting games, it's definitely worth $20. Probably the most balanced and varied roster for a SF game at launch ever. The online multiplayer is very good with solid netcode, and it's easy enough to learn for newcomers.

There's no arcade or real story mode right now, though. There will be a very deep story mode launching for free next month, and a new DLC character will be added once per month. You can pay for the characters with real money, or use the fight money you get for doing certain things in the game. The minimal story mode that does come with the game right now takes about a half hour to beat with every character, and the money you get for completing it all is enough to purchase the first two DLC characters that are currently available.

Wow.  A lot of the games went fast in this sale. I'm not seeing much left.  Hoping for a re-stock.  I pondered too long and missed out.

If you love fighting games, it's definitely worth $20. Probably the most balanced and varied roster for a SF game at launch ever. The online multiplayer is very good with solid netcode, and it's easy enough to learn for newcomers.

There's no arcade or real story mode right now, though. There will be a very deep story mode launching for free next month, and a new DLC character will be added once per month. You can pay for the characters with real money, or use the fight money you get for doing certain things in the game. The minimal story mode that does come with the game right now takes about a half hour to beat with every character, and the money you get for completing it all is enough to purchase the first two DLC characters that are currently available.
You're joking right? I mean you have to be joking. SFV is the biggest clusterF of the entire series and the game still feels unfinished.

The only things blown out in this sale are the whorish prices and bad selection.

I wonder if I should bite on Alekhine's Gun? It looks like a fun Hitman clone. I'm betting it will get cheaper though. Somehow Best Buy still sells it for $50 new.

Remember when OPS used to list all the sale prices so you could know if you needed to refresh for deals coming back or not?

You're joking right? I mean you have to be joking. SFV is the biggest clusterF of the entire series and the game still feels unfinished.
Joking how? I mentioned how there's no arcade mode, The launch roster is definitely the most diverse of any of the main games save for maybe SF3. There's no stupidly overpowered characters like there've been in every SF game at launch. If you can see what's in the game and say it's not worth $20, then you probably play fighting games for the story.

Does anyone recommend The Order: 1886 at that price?
Others may say no but if you like a slower paced shooter and don't want multiplayer 10 bucks is a fine price for the game.
I wouldn't say no. I absolutely love The Order: 1886, and I sincerely hope they will make a sequel to that game. It's worth it at $20 even, so at $10 it's a steal.

I wouldn't say no. I absolutely love The Order: 1886, and I sincerely hope they will make a sequel to that game. It's worth it at $20 even, so at $10 it's a steal.
2nd that, loved that game so much grabbed it on the digital sale for $10, will play through again.

2nd that, loved that game so much grabbed it on the digital sale for $10, will play through again.
yeah well I loved it so much I bought it 3 times. This is now a who loves the order most contest. Bring it!

On a serious note though I did buy the game 3 times I think its 100% worth your time and $10. I don't regret buying all three editions (I guess I didn't need the regular edition but whatever). It's been my favorite game on current gen so far just because the world and the lore they set up is so fricken awesome. The game play was by no means perfect but was still entertaining and fun. I really hope they make a sequel but I kinda doubt it :/

I personally loved it. Not sure what people didn't like about it. It is short I guess, but I don't have the time to invest 30 hours into a game anymore, so I appreciate shorter games.
:eek: they bitch if it's too long and bitch if it's too short. And half of them just watch someone else play the whole damn game on youtube e.e

I paid full price for the Order and loved it. I actually bought the CE. Why anyone is even asking if it's worth $10 need their fucking heads examined.
The length of the game coupled with mediocre reviews are the reasons I asked about it being worth it. I'm glad you feel like you received good value from your purchase but several reviewers questioned it being worth the full price. No need for saying I need my head examined :whistle2:k

The length of the game coupled with mediocre reviews are the reasons I asked about it being worth it. I'm glad you feel like you received good value from your purchase but several reviewers questioned it being worth the full price. No need for saying I need my head examined :whistle2:k
Yeah it really depends on how much you value your time with it. It is most definitely a shorter game. That said I loved it so much I bought it numerous times (look back some pages if you care to see more). To me the 7 hour game was worth wayyyy more money than I'd normally spend on a game. I can see why others would think the length would take away from it especially since there were a few other issues with the game.

Still I feel like almost all of the bad press the game got was due to it's length. I defended it then and I'll still defend it now. It's not for everyone but it seems like most people who are playing it now (at not full retail) are loving it. I think that alone really says a lot.

e. Once you play through and complete it you should post and say whether you think it was worth it or not. I'm honestly curious seeing how people react to the game now at a lower price. I'm still hoping for a sequel....silly me.

e. Once you play through and complete it you should post and say whether you think it was worth it or not. I'm honestly curious seeing how people react to the game now at a lower price. I'm still hoping for a sequel....silly me.
Thank you for the positive and constructive reply.

While the length of it really turned some people off, I don't think that should be the only aspect of judging any game. People value games differently and to some, much of that comes from time spent in them (I've never agreed with this). Games can offer a lot in a short amount of time. I don't doubt that I'll enjoy it and feel that it was well worth the $10 price tag but I also understand how some who purchased it at full price were a little miffed.

I'll definitely be sure to post my thoughts on it once completed though.

bread's done
Back