GameFly Used Game Sale With Free Shipping

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 5/24.

transparent.gif
:360: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $7.99
:360: Brutal Legend $9.99
:360: Indianapolis 500 Evolution $9.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $9.99
:360: Wolfenstein $9.99
:360: Dark Void $12.99
:360: NCAA Football 10 $12.99
:360: Rogue Warrior $12.99
:360: Wet $12.99
:360: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand $14.99
:360: Street Fighter IV $17.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $17.99
:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum $17.99
:360: BioShock 2 $17.99

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $9.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters $9.99
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $12.99
:ps3: Brutal Legend $12.99
:ps3: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $12.99
:ps3: Prototype $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Guerrilla $12.99
:ps3: Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes $12.99
:ps3: UFC 2009 Undisputed $12.99
:ps3: Wanted: Weapons of Fate $12.99
:ps3: Wet $12.99
:ps3: Wolfenstein $12.99
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles: International Edition $17.99
:ps3: The Beatles: Rock Band $19.99

transparent.gif

:wii: Cursed Mountain $9.99
:wii: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $9.99
:wii: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 $9.99
:wii: The Conduit $9.99
:wii: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:wii: Ghostbusters $12.99
:wii: Reel Fishing: Angler's Dream $12.99
:wii: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs $14.99
:wii: Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil $14.99
:wii: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up $14.99
:wii: The Price is Right $14.99
:wii: Guitar Hero 5 $17.99
:wii: Punch-Out!! $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xboxsox']I got White Knight Chronicles today, arrived 2 days later then previous shipping dates. Again, I'm disappointed in the condition of the disc. It's a blu-ray, notorious for scratch resistance, my copy has a large 2 inch scratch on the disc. Additionally, the outer ring of the disc has 2 small chips on it.[/QUOTE]

does it work? Ok then who cares if it has a few scratches? Seriously I can't believe what people complain about on here.

I care because I like to trade games out after I have played them or resell them for most of my money back (I'm a CAGer after all). Getting shitty games effects the latter. I have a copy of prototype from them that works great, but I would never consider trading it on goozex simply because it looks like someone ran a brillo pad over it. I'm sure other people care simply because they like owning mint condition games.

The reason I post about (complain) is not because I don't feel it's great a deal still, but because I see a lot of people who post that they receive discs in mint condition. My experience with gamefly has been the opposite. I'm positive there are people out there, who want mint conditions games either A) for resell value, or B) for their collection. My posting is useful for those people.

[quote name='xboxsox']I care because I like to trade games out after I have played them or resell them for most of my money back (I'm a CAGer after all). Getting shitty games effects the latter. I have a copy of prototype from them that works great, but I would never consider trading it on goozex simply because it looks like someone ran a brillo pad over it. I'm sure other people care simply because they like owning mint condition games.

The reason I post about (complain) is not because I don't feel it's great a deal still, but because I see a lot of people who post that they receive discs in mint condition. My experience with gamefly has been the opposite. I'm positive there are people out there, who want mint conditions games either A) for resell value, or B) for their collection. My posting is useful for those people.[/QUOTE]

I do understand your position, I just got my BioShock 2 today and it was scratched and dinged a bit, but I expect that when buying a used game. I have had games that have come perfect from GF but its not a lock that they always will. Certainly its in tradable condition, but far from mint. I guess what I am saying is you get a WKC for 17.99 you can't expect it to be mint, it's nice if it is though.

Got Brutal Legend today, pretty decent condition compared to what I have gotten in the past. 3 small chips around the edge of the disc, and only 3 or so notable scratches.

Can't complain for 10 bucks, I am happy with the condition.

If you are unsure if the game disk is in playable/readable condition, don't forget to do the "install to hard drive" test. If the xbox can install the game 100%, then you shouldn't have any problems playing it down the road, especially if you actually play the game from the HDD itself. If you have the free space, why not?

Assassins Creed 2 360 came in the mail today and has a few scratches but has 3 of those dings at the edge of the disc. It installed so no big deal but it feels like the quality of the discs has gone down. Cases/manuals are always in mint condition.

GI Joe Wii had some scratches and 2 dings on the outer edge. Marvel UA2 Wii also had scratches and 2 dings on the outer edge.

I seem to have no luck with the discs anymore. At least they have all worked which is why I buy them in the first place.

Am I paranoid or do these scratched-to-hell-and-back discs mess up the lens reader in the disc drives?
Wanted to ask a year ago when I rented Heavenly Sword since after returning it I noticed my game of choice having pop-in issues for the foliage (Battlefield: Bad Company 1). This thread reminded me.

Wow. I've had COUNTLESS problems and issues with GameFly in the past and this time was finally different.
Ordered White Knight, WET and Bioshock 2 on the 20th. Games arrives NEXT DAY.
White Knight was perfect, Bioshock had a few scuffs and WET didn't look GREAT, but it looks playable at least. I'm actually really pleased with my order this time.
Hopefully next sale I'll have a few more bucks to order another game or two.

I bought Operation Flashpoint for ten bucks, a game I rented at launch and really liked and has stuck with me ever since. Now I can finish it.

Thanks!

[quote name='JoeCamNet']Wow. I've had COUNTLESS problems and issues with GameFly in the past and this time was finally different.
Ordered White Knight, WET and Bioshock 2 on the 20th. Games arrives NEXT DAY.
White Knight was perfect, Bioshock had a few scuffs and WET didn't look GREAT, but it looks playable at least. I'm actually really pleased with my order this time.
Hopefully next sale I'll have a few more bucks to order another game or two.[/QUOTE]

Were all these for the PS3? If so, how the hell do people find a way of scratching or scuffing up a PS3 disc? They must be complete morons. It's honestly what keeps me from buying from Gamefly as I don't like paying for games that are beat up by careless people.

I'm interested in getting WKC, Prototype, and Wolfenstein.

Received my copy of Red Faction (PS3) four days after ordering it (which is totally fine, of course). Game is in great condition - no scratches, only fingerprints. As satisfied as I always am with Gamefly!

[quote name='Birbo']WOO! Finally got it! :)[/QUOTE]

Operation Flashpoint is supposedly leagues better if played cooperatively, but not that many people have the game anymore. With a spike of new CAG players we could get some sort of group going to play it. If anyone is interested, let me know by PM... or look for a thread to pop up in the near future.

Damnit, they finally lured me in on Operation Flashpoint. They're very good at fishing poor suckers like me in with that in and out of stock routine. I'm weak...

I have a backlog of 6 PS3 games, 4 wii games, 5 1/2 if you count that I'm only halfway through the metroid Prime Trilogy, which I bought WAY back when best buy had it for 19. Plus 1 on 360 and plus singularity and the free prototype for the 360....yet I like flashpoint, and maybe white knight.....better leave this thread quick.....And I only buy games on sale or with a freebie....oh and I'm also a third into SAW.....i need more free time

[quote name='faceturd']Operation Flashpoint is supposedly leagues better if played cooperatively, but not that many people have the game anymore. With a spike of new CAG players we could get some sort of group going to play it. If anyone is interested, let me know by PM... or look for a thread to pop up in the near future.[/QUOTE]

it's luring me beause it sound like it's style is like the original ghost recon and rainbow six, you can die by a single shot, you need to discern threats and plan ahead, and it's more like ARMA than the newer military game like MW, where is just based on how fast you can shoot hordes of people, which the option of a hard mode, which is basically just more eneimies and less health

[quote name='6er']it's luring me beause it sound like it's style is like the original ghost recon and rainbow six, you can die by a single shot, you need to discern threats and plan ahead, and it's more like ARMA than the newer military game like MW, where is just based on how fast you can shoot hordes of people, which the option of a hard mode, which is basically just more eneimies and less health[/QUOTE]
I think it's more or less an acquired taste. After you try it, you might like it or you might not.

BioShock 2 for $17.99 was nice. Now I wish I hadn't picket up Assassin's 2 and Arkham for $29.99. Always a better deal out there I suppose. Good games though so not too disappointed.

[quote name='6er']it's luring me beause it sound like it's style is like the original ghost recon and rainbow six, you can die by a single shot, you need to discern threats and plan ahead, and it's more like ARMA than the newer military game like MW, where is just based on how fast you can shoot hordes of people, which the option of a hard mode, which is basically just more eneimies and less health[/QUOTE]

Realistic Military Shooters are a dying breed. Even the glimpses of the next Ghost Recon kind of make me think it is going to go more arcade-ish (MW, Rainbow Six have already gone arcade and battlefield isn't necessarily the same idea). OF is/was the only recent game that tries to cater to this so I am really interested in giving it a try... especially with co-op... and of course $10.

Ordered Punch Out at $21.39 shipped. This disc better be great, because I really took a risk with this one. But we won't see it at this price new ever, so I had to... I've wanted this from the start.

Hmm, did anyone else get a case that is partially shattered? There's plastic bits floating around and the case basically collapsed when I pulled it out of the envelope. I mean, that's not enough to file a formal complaint, right?

Does it really bother you that much is the question? Plus keep in mind they will probably only give you a refund since they dont do exchanges.

Ordered Wolfenstein and Operation: Flashpoint (360). Wolfenstein-pristine, Op: Flashpoint-regular use scratches. Both well worth the 9.99 ea +tax paid I paid for it. +1 Gamefly

[quote name='musicman65000']Ordered Wolfenstein and Operation: Flashpoint (360). Wolfenstein-pristine, Op: Flashpoint-regular use scratches. Both well worth the 9.99 ea +tax paid I paid for it. +1 Gamefly[/QUOTE]

I ordered the same games. I received OF today and its in perfect condition and will probably get Wolfenstein in the mail tomorrow. They broke my order into 2 shipments for whatever reason.

[quote name='cooljammer00']Hmm, did anyone else get a case that is partially shattered? There's plastic bits floating around and the case basically collapsed when I pulled it out of the envelope. I mean, that's not enough to file a formal complaint, right?[/QUOTE]

This has happened to me a few times with GameFly.

[quote name='Dissolve']This has happened to me a few times with GameFly.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest you just switch the busted box with another game's box that u plan on selling to gamestop. They prob won't care.

[quote name='cooljammer00']Hmm, did anyone else get a case that is partially shattered? There's plastic bits floating around and the case basically collapsed when I pulled it out of the envelope. I mean, that's not enough to file a formal complaint, right?[/QUOTE]

That's happened to me one time outta about 20 gamefly orders. A tip to anyone new to ordering from them: If you want to order more than one game, make separate orders for each game, otherwise they'll all ship stuffed in one envelope and are more prone to shipping damage since there's far less padding.

[quote name='Draken Zero']That's happened to me one time outta about 20 gamefly orders. A tip to anyone new to ordering from them: If you want to order more than one game, make separate orders for each game, otherwise they'll all ship stuffed in one envelope and are more prone to shipping damage since there's far less padding.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, out of all the times I've ordered from gamefly I've only had one instance of a crapped case and game. My copy of Wet arrived with a shattered case and a disc with chips in it - just reordered it and sent back the shattered one.

I received Wolfenstein today and there was a small piece of broken plastic inside the case. The game is in excellent condition tho so I'm not too concerned. GameFly is the shit.

Got my copy of Wolfenstein and it's in amazing condition. One small little thing on the disc but it runs fantastic outside of waiting for the PS3 version to patch. :) The case and everything else is pristine.

Again just want to let people know cause I've ordered a bit from them now and it's always been a great experience.

I received a shipping notice for Operation Flashpoint on 5/19 (last Wednesday) and have yet to receive the game. My last Gamefly purchase was delivered within 2 days of the notice. Should I be worried about this?

[quote name='faceturd']I received a shipping notice for Operation Flashpoint on 5/19 (last Wednesday) and have yet to receive the game. My last Gamefly purchase was delivered within 2 days of the notice. Should I be worried about this?[/QUOTE]

Gamefly only ships from about 6 or so locations in the United States so it can take up to a week from when the title ships to when it arrives. I live in San Diego and the closest shipping center is Los Angeles, all my rentals and purchases arrive in 4 days or so from when its ordered/checked out.

Also the shipping notice isnt exactly precise to the actual moment of shipping. Sometimes i get the notice when the game is already in my mailbox =p.

I received Operation Flashpoint and Brutal Legend today. OF was in very good condition, it just needed a little cleaning to get off some grease and dirt. Only minor scratches on it. My xbox was able to install the game to the HDD with no problems. The Brutal Legend disc was in good condition, about the same as OF, but i did notice chips missing along the edge of the disc. The spine of the box looks like it was bent or twisted somehow, causing some noticeable damage to the box and paper insert. I switched the box with another game that I'm going to sell, but the paper artwork def has some bend/folds damage look on it. Not a big deal b/c the disc is fine, but certainly is annoying. If anyone wants to play Co-op in OF sometime, message me on xbox live. GT: Hitman4Hire88

Got my White Knight Chronicles today. Disc and care are essentially new as always. The disc looks like it has never seen a human hand, not a fingerprint or scratch on it. MINT. Top and bottom. I love buying PS3 games.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Got my White Knight Chronicles today. Disc and care are essentially new as always. The disc looks like it has never seen a human hand, not a fingerprint or scratch on it. MINT. Top and bottom. I love buying PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah PS3 games are less likely to be scratched b/c the blu-ray disc they are on has a protective anti-scratch coating on it that 360 games lack, due to being on standard DVD9 discs. But as long as it works, i can't complain for the price.

bread's done
Back