Gamefly Used Games Sale -

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
All of the following :shipfree: and include all codes, manuals, and case. 100% satisfaction guaranteed. They only do refunds, no exchanges.
Offers good while supplies last or until Noon PST on 11/?.

The following are not part of today's deals but do come with free shipping
:wii: Winter Sports 3: The Great Tournament $9.99
:wii: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games $9.99
:360: Adrenalin Misfits $9.99
:360: Madden NFL 12 $9.99
:ps3: Madden NFL 12 $9.99
:psp: Ben 10: Ultimate Alien Cosmic Destruction $9.99
:ps3: Asura's Wrath $12.99
:360: Body & Brain Connection $12.99
:ps3: The Adventures of Tintin: The Game $12.99
:3ds: Spongebob Squigglepants 3D $14.99
:ps3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $17.99
:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns $17.99
:wii: Remington Super Slam Hunting: Africa $17.99
:3ds: The Sims 3 $17.99

[quote name='chunlirocks']Chipped discs FTL[/QUOTE]

Gamefly's Twitter Link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='roedaniel19']I've never had a problem with them rejecting a PS3 disc from gamefly (though they are way more damage resistant), honestly I've never traded a 360 game from gamefly. I always check return item. It's really all luck of the draw. My advice would be that if the game appears damaged, call gamefly for a refund and cancel the trade in.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your advice...maybe this time I should cancel my order..I choose the wrong option because of my carelessness..I choose "do not return the item"..

I guess I'm one of the few that's never had a condition problem with PS3 GF discs. Mine are usually in great shape. 360 discs however can be a mixed bag, especially with popular titles like the FIFAs, Maddens and CODs of the world. Still can't believe people are so reckless with 60 dollar discs. Maybe I'm too old.

[quote name='ckc4043']Thank you for your advice...maybe this time I should cancel my order..I choose the wrong option because of my carelessness..I choose "do not return the item"..[/QUOTE]

I mean hey as long as the lesser option is still at least as much as you paid for the game, I'd let it ride.

These GF prices are still deals, but rarely do I want any of the $10 shipped anymore ... mostly $15 or $20 (Dogma today, not biting yet with legit shot at $20 for a non-chipped disk version).

[quote name='ChuckInKC']I guess I'm one of the few that's never had a condition problem with PS3 GF discs. Mine are usually in great shape. 360 discs however can be a mixed bag, especially with popular titles like the FIFAs, Maddens and CODs of the world. Still can't believe people are so reckless with 60 dollar discs. Maybe I'm too old.[/QUOTE]

I've never had problems either. It's just that the people who have problems are more vocal about it. They are probably also the people who examine the disc with a magnifying glass looking for the slightest imperfection.

[quote name='ChuckInKC']I guess I'm one of the few that's never had a condition problem with PS3 GF discs. Mine are usually in great shape. 360 discs however can be a mixed bag, especially with popular titles like the FIFAs, Maddens and CODs of the world. Still can't believe people are so reckless with 60 dollar discs. Maybe I'm too old.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem at all. I mean even the discs that have the chips play perfectly, and there's usually no more than 3 small chips.

[quote name='roedaniel19']I mean hey as long as the lesser option is still at least as much as you paid for the game, I'd let it ride.[/QUOTE]

thank again, my friend

[quote name='LordVila']I've never had problems either. It's just that the people who have problems are more vocal about it. They are probably also the people who examine the disc with a magnifying glass looking for the slightest imperfection.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='roedaniel19']I've never had a problem at all. I mean even the discs that have the chips play perfectly, and there's usually no more than 3 small chips.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem with any of the games playing, I did have one game with the center ring cracked, but GF let me return it and refunded me without a problem.

I actually never would have noticed the chips on the discs myself if it wasn't discovered and mentioned in this thread. Like LordVila said, you really have to look hard at these discs to notice anything wrong with them. But I'd be willing to bet that if you guys actually did look real close at your discs from GF, they'd have those micro chips. I've easily ordered 40 games from GF and at least 35 have had those chips.

I've gotten between 15-20 games from GF, and while majority do have at least some chips, I've never had an issue with any of the games not playing.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']i can feel DD getting cheaper by BF[/QUOTE]

Not likely. This is a very niche game at the lowest price it's ever been. Look at the prices on Amazon - the cheapest there is almost double Gamefly's price. Instead, what I suspect will happen is that the game retains its value really well, like Catherine or even the Dynasty Warriors games.

[quote name='henry00x']maybe i am wrong here, but i remember reading Dragon's Dogma is better on PS3 for some reason

edit: IGN's review says PS3 version does in fact run better, http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/21/dragons-dogma-video-review[/QUOTE]

Yep, there are some weird loading and texture delays on the 360 version, though I don't know whether it's been patched or not. Certainly by the time the DLC drops, but pretty sure that's next year.

I finally bit on Dragon's Dogma anyway, though. I'd prefer $9.99, but when it's an epic sized game, $19.99 is close enough.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']i can feel DD getting cheaper by BF[/QUOTE]

Man, I have been waiting to re-buy Dragon's Dogma. But I want it at $12, rather than $20. Hopefully someone somewhere on Black Friday has a great price.

Dragon's Dogma is one of those rare games I actually paid full retail price.

In the end, I put over 80 hours into that game and it was worth every penny.

I wouldn't say DD is that good but it has its moments.

That said, I picked up both DD and UFC 3 used a month or so back from Gamestop for twice the price having given up waiting for THESE VERY GAMEFLY DEALS.

So... You're welcome.

[quote name='whitereflection']Not likely. This is a very niche game at the lowest price it's ever been. Look at the prices on Amazon - the cheapest there is almost double Gamefly's price. Instead, what I suspect will happen is that the game retains its value really well, like Catherine or even the Dynasty Warriors games.[/QUOTE]

That always surprises me, since I would LOVE to pick up a Dynasty Warriors game on the cheap.

Been waiting on a decent deal for DD forever, and now that I was finally in my "done buying games until something awesome in the Steam sale" mode, it shows up at a good price. Not sure what to do. I really want to play it, but I imagine everyone has moved on as far as the pawn system goes. To date I'm not sure it's even been $40 anywhere new and it's so niche I don't expect great holiday discounts. I'll probably cave.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Been waiting on a decent deal for DD forever, and now that I was finally in my "done buying games until something awesome in the Steam sale" mode, it shows up at a good price. Not sure what to do. I really want to play it, but I imagine everyone has moved on as far as the pawn system goes. To date I'm not sure it's even been $40 anywhere new and it's so niche I don't expect great holiday discounts. I'll probably cave.[/QUOTE]

It's $24.90 new (PS3 version) on PlayAsia, but you need $25 to qualify for free shipping.

20 is a no brainer for Dragon's Dogma. Wonderful game, a breath of fresh air from Capcom. The add-on Dark Arisen will be out early next year too.

Why is DD still so expensive? Most other titles have dropped in price by now. I have a PS3...still waiting for a cheaper copy.

^ Because it's actually a great game. Also remember some of Capcom's stuff takes a while to drop, such as Asura's Wrath, but DD is so much better. There is still a decent online community for it now, even for Xbox which is what I played it on.

As an avid PC gamer, I'm used to getting games for near 50% off day one. So this extra waiting is just delaying more money that Capcom can have.

They have to have capture the market that will bear $60 asking price. $40 would be maybe enough for me to bite. I waited until a $25 copy of Asura's came along and they DLC money from me.

This game will fall from relevancy if it waits too long, IMO. As soon as BF deal hits for XCOM, I won't care anymore.

[quote name='henry00x']maybe i am wrong here, but i remember reading Dragon's Dogma is better on PS3 for some reason

edit: IGN's review says PS3 version does in fact run better, http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/21/dragons-dogma-video-review[/QUOTE]

"Neither game acquits itself well here, but on balance we feel that the 360 game is the better performer, and from a technological perspective becomes our first choice when it comes down to the crucial purchasing decision. However, for those particularly sensitive to screen-tear, the PS3 version is the one to get - the experience is still deep and rewarding, and the game is still highly playable, but the lower frame-rate is more noticeable and is sometimes felt in the controls." http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-dragons-dogma-face-off

I'm glad Gamefly's sales haven't caught my eye this past week. Was starting to worry about my wallet after the barrage of titles I bought two weeks ago.

Still tempted to get Mario Kart 7, though. Worth it? I doubt it'll be easy to find for $20 with the Club Nintendo code intact, too, even a few years down the line (just look at Mario Kart DS).

Picked up Witcher 2 last week. Anyone play witcher and dragons dogma? Curious whether Dogma is worth the pick up. Ive seen dogma compared to dark souls but not supposedly as hard. I like the concept of dark souls but it was just too hard.
Lack of fast travel seems like the worst criticism against dogma.

Lack of fast travel, awful quests, generic, boring setting that isn't fleshed out at all, really boring world. You will spend a lot of time walking through an open world that feels like it is just there to tick the boxes.

Combat is much more Kingdom of Amalur than Souls's circle-strafe forever. In fact, the combat and the dungeoneering is actually pretty fun all things considered, but it's just BARELY a good game when you take in the sum of its parts.

I liked a lot about Dragon's Dogma, but what killed it for me was the lack of fast travel. Sometimes you'd run up against a few strong enemies in a row and if you died, guess what? You get to walk 10-15 minutes (no exaggeration) all over again. That got tiresome very quickly. But $20 for Mario Kart sounds great. In for that one.

I Just want Dragon's Dogma for the sheer image of playing as children climbing upon a dragon and brutally slaying it.

[quote name='placebo3369']I liked a lot about Dragon's Dogma, but what killed it for me was the lack of fast travel. Sometimes you'd run up against a few strong enemies in a row and if you died, guess what? You get to walk 10-15 minutes (no exaggeration) all over again. That got tiresome very quickly. But $20 for Mario Kart sounds great. In for that one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...the lack of fast travel may be a deal breaker. Too bad. If the situation you described is infrequent then maybe...

I will prolly kick myself later but I am gonna pass on DD as Black Friday is soooo close and I am looking to get a 3DS and already have 6 games scoped from Best Buy alone.

I want DD but I'm probably gonna hold off...just got AC3 last week, Halo yesterday (not a Halo fan but LOVE H4 so far), BlOps 2 next week, and still have Borderlands and RE6..

Just not the right timing for me on DD. Any other time I would've bought it at that price. But I'm still playing Borderlands 2, picked up Halo 4 and getting the Wii U launch day.

[quote name='TheKbob']As an avid PC gamer, I'm used to getting games for near 50% off day one. So this extra waiting is just delaying more money that Capcom can have.

They have to have capture the market that will bear $60 asking price. $40 would be maybe enough for me to bite. I waited until a $25 copy of Asura's came along and they DLC money from me.

This game will fall from relevancy if it waits too long, IMO. As soon as BF deal hits for XCOM, I won't care anymore.[/QUOTE]

They already got paid for these copies so you're not denying them anything

^^ Aye, been waiting for 30 new/20 used for a while.

Strange how MGSHDC has been at 24 for months and yet to go on sale.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Lack of fast travel, awful quests, generic, boring setting that isn't fleshed out at all, really boring world. You will spend a lot of time walking through an open world that feels like it is just there to tick the boxes.

Combat is much more Kingdom of Amalur than Souls's circle-strafe forever. In fact, the combat and the dungeoneering is actually pretty fun all things considered, but it's just BARELY a good game when you take in the sum of its parts.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you didn't beat the game? "generic" and "boring" aren't exactly the way I'd describe the world having beaten it...

i hate when gamefly sells something on one system but not for the other.

booooooooooo

i wanted dragons dogma. 20 is my price point too

Might be an inventory reason for the 360/PS3 sale availability. I rented it on PS3 at release because RPGs feel better for me on that controller. I'm guessing they're still using a good bit of the DD PS3 games for rentals.

bread's done
Back