Gamefly Year-End Sale w/Free Shipping - Soul Calibur IV (PS3), Ninja Gaiden 2 & more!

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Was browsing the used games on Gamefly and found some pretty decent deals. These prices include my 5% off, so unless you're a member with the 5% discount, add 5% to this price. If you have the 10% off, naturally subtract an additional 5%.
I've found that the sale page is missing out on some of the good deals. It's best to just look at all the games in each department by clicking the icons below:
:360: - :ps3: - :wii: - :ps2: - :ds: - :psp:

:ds: Nintendo DS:

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin ($12.34)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129000

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate ($12.34)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129385

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword ($10.44)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128930

:wii: Nintendo Wii:

Dragon Quest Swords ($12.34)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129390

Baroque ($7.59)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129775

Blast Works ($7.59)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=127525

:360: XBOX 360

Iron Man ($9.49)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129680

The Incredible Hulk ($9.49)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129705

Lego Indiana Jones ($23.74)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129430

Ninja Gaiden 2 ($14.24)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=130350

:ps3: PS3

Soul Calibur IV ($20.89)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129905

The Incredible Hulk ($9.49)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129700

Lego Indiana Jones ($23.74)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129420

Lair ($12.34)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=122515

----------------

There are a lot of other decent and cheap games, I just highlighted some of the bigger ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for $14.99 Virtua Fighter 5 for the 360... I missed a $17 deal a few months back, and with tax it's pretty close... hope I don't regret this.

I know there has bee na lot of complaints about the condition of the gamefly discs, but my last two purchases were in amazing condition with the security stickers on the outside still in tact on both. Also I think I agree with wombat on the cagcast that the Hulk and Iron Man are both really shitty but for 10 bucks you cant beat that.

[quote name='fatez']thanks... finally decided to go for lair.
f542eae1949358e25d8bfeefe5b199f1.gif
[/quote]

A good choice. I took lair, SC, and hulk for a total of under $50!

Last night - LAIR (PS3), MoH:Airborne (360), Turok (360)

i had to bite again today...between $10-13 a piece how can you go wrong!

-Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (360)
-Dark Messiah: Might & Magic - Elements (360)
-Clive Barker's Jericho (360)

[quote name='dg7md']I'd say neither... game is a joke. But if you like it, probably go with the 360 one.[/quote]

Fine by me. Thanks for the low down.

Why in the name of all that's good and holy do you have to place separate orders for each game you want instead of having a simple shopping cart? In trying to figure this out, I accidentally ordered a game. It's probably not going to go through because the expiration date for the credit card they have on file is wrong, as I used to be a Gamefly subscriber and haven't logged into my account since I canceled service many months ago. Regardless, that's completely annoying, and I won't buy from them on this principle alone.

[quote name='saturnotaku']Why in the name of all that's good and holy do you have to place separate orders for each game you want instead of having a simple shopping cart? In trying to figure this out, I accidentally ordered a game. It's probably not going to go through because the expiration date for the credit card they have on file is wrong, as I used to be a Gamefly subscriber and haven't logged into my account since I canceled service many months ago. Regardless, that's completely annoying, and I won't buy from them on this principle alone.[/quote]

It's the same for me but I actually went into 'my account' and checked for all the right information before continuing to order/checkout. Although the 'Checkout' button is deceiving and automatically purchases the item without any other warning. Just be more careful next time.

I just dropped about $125 on this sale - some of the best prices I've seen in a long time. Not sure what some people's problems are with the condition of gamefly's games. Maybe they were unlucky, or maybe they are anal. I've gotten 4 or 5 games from gameflyin the past and they have all been acceptable. They are used games after all. They sure beat the hell out of gamestop as far as condition goes.

FWIW, I got -

Lost, Viking, Supreme Commander, Bad Company, Blastworks, Might and Magic, Deadliest Catch, Universe at War, Blazing Angles, Stranglehold, & Conan.

FInally bought Deadliest Catch... Somehow, I just knew its price was going to quickly plummet after the game came out. Now, my patience (Read: Reticence to throw away money) in waiting is rewarded! Couldn't pass it up at $10.

Hmm, is it a bad sign that they shipped me Ironman today and not Conan? I remember some people from that last sale saying that they suspected they oversold some of their games. Man, that's gonna be lame.

[quote name='James in VA']I've bought 4 games for the 360 since Black Friday. The first 3 came in mear-mint condition. :D The 4th (Army of Two) looked like it had been dragged down the highway. :bomb: I e-mailed customer service and they refunded the money vs. sending me a new copy, which I would have preferred. :cold: I'd buy again but realize you're taking your chances.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me with Army Of Two as well... mine had multiple cracks in the center of the disc. I wish they just exchanged it.

They just sent me an email saying my Lair has shipped. :)

Very tempted by Turok for that price as well, but I don't need another game...

[quote name='vex11']Hmm, is it a bad sign that they shipped me Ironman today and not Conan? I remember some people from that last sale saying that they suspected they oversold some of their games. Man, that's gonna be lame.[/quote]

They don't ship them together, so you only get the message when the game ships. Since each order is individual, they don't put them together at the same time, which means you don't get the emails at the same time. I got my shipping confirmation for Lost at about 8 this morning, and then my Conan confirmation came about a minute ago. I wouldn't worry about it. When they canceled my Lair order they did within an hour of me placing the order.

Well fuck a nut, they cancelled my ninja gaiden DS, that's the one I wanted the most. Oh well, they shipped blast works, I'll see what happens with assassin's creed DS.

[quote name='charlescheese']They don't ship them together, so you only get the message when the game ships. Since each order is individual, they don't put them together at the same time, which means you don't get the emails at the same time. I got my shipping confirmation for Lost at about 8 this morning, and then my Conan confirmation came about a minute ago. I wouldn't worry about it. When they canceled my Lair order they did within an hour of me placing the order.[/quote]

Yep, speak of the devil, I just received my confirmation email. Thanks.

I ordered 6 games...and received only 1 confirmation so far that it shipped about 2 hours ago. None of those are making it here until next week anyways.

Great. Thought about picking up Conan and Viking a couple days ago, but didn't want to pay the shipping.

Now its OOS. As is Viking. Damn.
Sometimes being overly cheap bastard doesn't pay off.
Probably would've been all over it had my last couple games not looked resurfaced.
Expect the same from Ninja Gaiden 2 (more popular the title, more likely its been jacked)

surprisingly, theres really nothing i want there... i got like 5 of those daily deals, and would like to get some more, but just nothing interests me, plus my backlog is so big now...

if anything, i was looking into timeshift, jericho, and vikings of asgard. can anyone recoomend them?

[quote name='the_grimace']surprisingly, theres really nothing i want there... i got like 5 of those daily deals, and would like to get some more, but just nothing interests me, plus my backlog is so big now...

if anything, i was looking into timeshift, jericho, and vikings of asgard. can anyone recoomend them?[/quote]

For $10 a piece for those i'd go for it. I got myself Jericho.... would never pay full price for any one of those 3. They are worth it for $10-13.

[quote name='UjnHunter']This happened to me with Army Of Two as well... mine had multiple cracks in the center of the disc. I wish they just exchanged it.[/QUOTE]

i know this sounds odd, but i heard that cracks in the center of the disc dont affect anything at all. its not a readable area of the disc, and unless its severe, it wont affect the disc staying in place while spinning. its merely an asthetic fault

[quote name='the_grimace']i know this sounds odd, but i heard that cracks in the center of the disc dont affect anything at all. its not a readable area of the disc, and unless its severe, it wont affect the disc staying in place while spinning. its merely an asthetic fault[/quote]

Spinning something at 10,000+ RPM with cracks in the center just doesn't sound like a good idea.

Finally got Lost Via Domus. I rented it from gamefly back in when it came out even though I'm a hardcore lost fan and wanted to buy it for 60 dollars on release. After beating it in 4 1/2 hours in one session I realized I made the correct choice in not purchasing it at full price.

[quote name='the_grimace']surprisingly, theres really nothing i want there... i got like 5 of those daily deals, and would like to get some more, but just nothing interests me, plus my backlog is so big now...

if anything, i was looking into timeshift, jericho, and vikings of asgard. can anyone recoomend them?[/quote]

I can't recommend Timeshift - I got it for the same price a week or two back and I don't think it's worth it even at that price. It's just not that much fun. I haven't played the other two, so I can't judge those. I might have to pick up a game just because I can't pass up deals like this. $10 for a normally $60 game? I MUST bite.

I was actually holding off on picking up Live 08 from this sale because I couldn't decide if I wanted it or 2K8. Then I remembered that 2K8 was $9.99 next week at Circuit City so I figured why not get both? Those of you who got Hulk or NHL 08 are lucky, I procrastinated too long hehe. Merry Christmas!

Unreal Tournament III (Xbox 360)
Price $9.99
Tax: $0.28
Shipping: FREE

Less GameFly Dollar Coupon
-$1.00

Less GameFly Dollar Coupon
-$5.00
Total: $4.27

6 bucks off for being a member, now that's a deal :)
I haven't heard all that much about UTIII, but Cliffy hasn't let me down yet.

I am tempted to get NFS: Pro Street, NG2, and DMC4 all for 360. Guess I could say it's a Xmas present for myself, as I don't really plan on buying any full price games anytime soon.

I picked up for 360 Supreme Commander and Zoids Assault from the sale. Can't imagine too many people rented these so the discs are most likely in good condition.

These are a couple of games that I wanted for my collection due to the genre even though they got horrible reviews. Never wanted to pay what people are still asking for them in stores, so for about $10 each for what is most likely new condition I would pull the trigger.

most of my gamefly purchases have been great, however the last two 360 games i got (army of two + alone in the dark) were scratched to all hell, they played fine but were not even close to mint so i`d say some of the more popular titles might not be in the best of shape but should be playable

I ended up grabbing Advance Wars: DoR for 6.59 and Dragon Quest Monsters for 8.59 after my 10% off and applying 2 $5 coupons I had. Not bad at all...

^^ happened to me before, usually they're really good though. I've ordered TONS of games from Gamefly, and I don't have a single complaint. They're customer service has always been good to me too.

Damn, Cheapy, I really want to follow your links and help out the site, but I just can't for love or money. I keep getting an error: "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.apmebf.com." I've tried in IE as well, same deal. I've whitelisted CAG and this apmebf in Adblock, allowed cookies and popups from both, done everything I can think of and no go. I'm thinking maybe my DNS server is the problem? I'm going to switch to OpenDNS and see if that fixes things.

Ah, actually, when I edited my hosts file (BTW I think your sticky on this needs updating) per instructions on Spybot's forums it fixed the problem. These are the entries that need a number sign in front of the line:

# 127.0.0.1 apmebf.com
# 127.0.0.1 www.apmebf.com
# 127.0.0.1 emjcd.com
# 127.0.0.1 www.emjcd.com
# 127.0.0.1 kqzyfj.com
# 127.0.0.1 www.kqzyfj.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rly723']got mlb2k8 for 360...reviews arent that good, but i like mlb games and for $8 i'll try it

is nhl 08 a good game to get?[/quote]

NHL08 got some pretty good score on metacritic. I know the NHL09 is way better but for $10 I can not say no.

Only thing is I am not sure if I should pick up Unreal. The price is just right but I have so many shooter as it is.

[quote name='Papageno']Damn, Cheapy, I really want to follow your links and help out the site, but I just can't for love or money. I keep getting an error: "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.apmebf.com." I've tried in IE as well, same deal. I've whitelisted CAG and this apmebf in Adblock, allowed cookies and popups from both, done everything I can think of and no go. I'm thinking maybe my DNS server is the problem? I'm going to switch to OpenDNS and see if that fixes things.

Ah, actually, when I edited my hosts file (BTW I think your sticky on this needs updating) per instructions on Spybot's forums it fixed the problem. These are the entries that need a number sign in front of the line:

# 127.0.0.1 apmebf.com
# 127.0.0.1 www.apmebf.com
# 127.0.0.1 emjcd.com
# 127.0.0.1 www.emjcd.com
# 127.0.0.1 kqzyfj.com
# 127.0.0.1 www.kqzyfj.com[/quote]

Thanks, I'll update

bread's done
Back