Gamefly Year-End Sale w/Free Shipping - Soul Calibur IV (PS3), Ninja Gaiden 2 & more!

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Was browsing the used games on Gamefly and found some pretty decent deals. These prices include my 5% off, so unless you're a member with the 5% discount, add 5% to this price. If you have the 10% off, naturally subtract an additional 5%.
I've found that the sale page is missing out on some of the good deals. It's best to just look at all the games in each department by clicking the icons below:
:360: - :ps3: - :wii: - :ps2: - :ds: - :psp:

:ds: Nintendo DS:

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin ($12.34)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129000

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate ($12.34)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129385

Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword ($10.44)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128930

:wii: Nintendo Wii:

Dragon Quest Swords ($12.34)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129390

Baroque ($7.59)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129775

Blast Works ($7.59)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=127525

:360: XBOX 360

Iron Man ($9.49)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129680

The Incredible Hulk ($9.49)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129705

Lego Indiana Jones ($23.74)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129430

Ninja Gaiden 2 ($14.24)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=130350

:ps3: PS3

Soul Calibur IV ($20.89)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129905

The Incredible Hulk ($9.49)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129700

Lego Indiana Jones ($23.74)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129420

Lair ($12.34)
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=122515

----------------

There are a lot of other decent and cheap games, I just highlighted some of the bigger ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']if you get a broken disc they make you send it back and refund the cash. then you have to rebuy it. If its no longer for sale then you cant buy it or have to pay higher[/QUOTE]

I ran into the same experience with one title that didn't even look scratched but gave me Dirty Disc Errors, even when I tried installing to the HD. In that case, they refunded my money straight up and said to ship it back in the envelope it came in, marking it "Return to Sender."

The key is if you want another copy, you have to rebuy it. They don't do exchanges, just refunds.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']This is the best DW ever, with millions of improvements.
f542eae1949358e25d8bfeefe5b199f1.gif
[/quote]

I agree. I'm a big fan of the DW series, so at this price I couldn't resist. Thanks!

[quote name='Trenchalicious']I'm renting Iron Man right now and the Keep It option isn't available.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if this will work, but send them an email saying you lost it. They'll charge you for it, and might charge you a lot. If you don't like the price email them a few days later saying you found it.

You should get a refund, but I don't have much experience w/ gamefly.

I've never seen it this cheap either, thanks very much for the DW6 tip.
Also, my TNA Impact arrived mint with the extras disc. Fun game for the price-while it isn't exactly deep, I did enjoy slamming a few odd luchadore characters in front of a bunch of chickens.

looks like their inventory is getting lower...just a week ago they had large amount of $10 360 games now less than 10 left...shouldve ordered more earlier...either they get more in stock or have cleaned out most remaining old games for awhile

Lost 360 showed up today and outside of a couple tiny little scratches it's perfect. Still batting 100 with GameFly, which makes me about 7 for 7 I believe, in great shape.

got my tna impact today. very surprised to see a gamefly game in great shape for once... only payed $7 for it too as i had some coupons stored in my account.

Might and Magic arrived. Center part of the disc has a crack. :(

Light scratches/scuffing on disc, game works so meh. Worst case scenario I give it to someone.

I really hate GF's returning policy. Just send me my fucking game that is screwed instead of me having to order a new one.

I was away and couldn't get to the site now my game that I ordered is no longer available.

Just got UT3, Viking: Battle for Asgard, and TNA Impact.

UT3 looks to be in pretty good shape, TNA Impact looks like it was played once, but Viking looks like it was put into a wood chipper. Hopefully, Viking will work, but that is the most scratched up game I've ever received from Gamefly, rental or purchase.

I also just received my case for The Bourne Conspiracy, and it arrived broken. However, you can tell it was obviously from shipping, as the pieces that fell off of the case were inside the envelope.

They still have yet to send Birdman out, it's been "Buy It Processing" since the 22nd.

Got my Lost (Xbox 360). Game looks like its never been played before, no scratches of any sort on the disc.

First GF experience. Will def order from them again.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Even though it enrages me that I don't have the 5% discount, I may go for Rings of Fate for the DS.[/quote]

It's a fun-as-heck action-RPG, especially if you have any local pals that have a DS and this game; but it's still mighty fun even when playing solo.

I got my copies for GTA IV (360) and Ninja Gaiden II (360) on Tuesday...both are in near-mint condition. They are actually in better shape than the 'new' game I picked up at Gamestop a couple of months ago that they pulled from the drawer. Just got an email that Lair (PS3) shipped out yesterday. Couldn't be happier with the quality of the Gamefly discs.

I'm three for three with excellent condition discs. :)

[quote name='41down']got my tna impact today. very surprised to see a gamefly game in great shape for once... only payed $7 for it too as i had some coupons stored in my account.[/QUOTE]

Ah-ha! So we did both get it the same day. That explains so much from XStalk Live yesterday. ;-)

All mine came in fine. Hulk was possessed and at first took over my XBox, but it appears to work fine.

What is Gamefly's policy for games that got badly damaged in shipping? I got a box with 4 games on it, and all the cases are shattered and the manuals and covers are torn. The discs themselves are ok, but it really looks like the box got run over by the UPS truck.

For the record, all of the other half dozen games I've ordered from them have been near mint.

[quote name='KRS']What is Gamefly's policy for games that got badly damaged in shipping? I got a box with 4 games on it, and all the cases are shattered and the manuals and covers are torn. The discs themselves are ok, but it really looks like the box got run over by the UPS truck.

For the record, all of the other half dozen games I've ordered from them have been near mint.[/quote]

They will send you a new case. Just contact them.

I got my FF:CC game a few days ago. I would have posted that, but I got silenced! :rofl: :applause:

Great condition, too!
I'm pissed because I wanted two copies and I think I got the last one (or one of!!) :bomb:

My copy of Viking came this morning in great condition. 3 for 3 with 3 games coming.

The only concern I have is that Viking shipped on the 29th and is here already but WWE shipped on the 27th and isn't. Live 08 is and that shipped on the 26th so I'm just going to have to wait and see.

Got 4 of my 5 games today. Timeshift, Conan, Unreal III, and Dynasty Warriors 6. All in near perfect condition some very small scratches on the disk. Batting 100% on my games from them. I have ordered about 20-25 games from them total and all of them have been in great condition and received within a week

Edit: Also would like to add that my 4 games where shipped in one box via FedEx which is the fist time this has happened. Even when ordering multiple games one right after another. The normally just come regular mail in nilla envelopes

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='genfuyung']Anyone else not have a game ship yet? My hulk order still says processing.[/QUOTE]

My copy of Harvey Birdman is still doing that as-well. If they don't ship it by Friday, I'll e-mail them about it.

Also, Ninja Gaiden II came back in-stock for a few minutes today, so I ordered myself a copy of that. I didn't enjoy it that much as a rental, but for $15, why not?

out of 6 games i got 4 of them so far in very good to mint condition. Couple of them looked like they weren't even touched.

Turok (near mint)
Medal of Honor Airborne (near mint)
Clive Barker's Jericho (very good)
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (very good)

[quote name='Metalic']NG2 needs to come back in stock. fuck[/QUOTE]

If you have an actual Gamefly subscription, you can just rent out Ninja Gaiden II, and just buy it via "Keep It" for the same price it was on-sale for ($14.99).

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']If you have an actual Gamefly subscription, you can just rent out Ninja Gaiden II, and just buy it via "Keep It" for the same price it was on-sale for ($14.99).[/QUOTE]

Will they send you a box, and manual if you do it that way, or do you just get to keep the disc?

I also suggest installing any game you get to your 360 hard drive when you first get it. This will check the entire disc for read errors. NG2 looked almost perfect but wouldn't install on my 360 hence somewhere in the game I'm going to get DD error.

[quote name='jrhawk42']Will they send you a box, and manual if you do it that way, or do you just get to keep the disc?.[/quote]

I think if you do it that way, they send you the case in the mail.

[quote name='jrhawk42']Will they send you a box, and manual if you do it that way, or do you just get to keep the disc?[/quote]

they send both box/manual. It takes about a week to receive them. I've always gotten mine in great condition.

Just a heads up for all you RPG fans out there- I recently ordered 'Growlanser: Heritage of War' from gamefly and I recieved it today. It came packaged in a box, which I thought was pretty weird since usually they just use bubble mailers but I opened it up and to my surprise, collector's edition with all the goodies intact and in perfect shape! ^^ So if any of you were thinking about buying a copy from them, chances are you'll get the whole collector's edition for an awesome price. :D

wow, checked today after not checking for weeks. 100+ 360 games turned to like 15. Guess people received 360s as gifts. Most of the other consoles were cleaned out as well.

Still have not received my copy of Birdman, and it's still listed as "Buy-It Processing", even though it was ordered on Dec. 23rd. I just sent them an e-mail, I know someone else had the same problem (with a different game), so I'll update you on what happens once I get a response.

[quote name='jrhawk42']Will they send you a box, and manual if you do it that way, or do you just get to keep the disc?

I also suggest installing
smile.gif
any game you get to your 360 hard drive when you first get it. This will check the entire disc for read errors. NG2 looked almost perfect but wouldn't install on my 360 hence somewhere in the game I'm going to get DD error.[/quote]

Great idea, thx

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Still have not received my copy of Birdman, and it's still listed as "Buy-It Processing", even though it was ordered on Dec. 23rd. I just sent them an e-mail, I know someone else had the same problem (with a different game), so I'll update you on what happens once I get a response.[/quote]
I'm having the same problem with Lost:Via Domus. I e-mailed them Friday and just got a response back...

We have reviewed your account and noted your purchase of Lost: Via Domus on 12/23/2008 has not yet been shipped. Unfortunately, we have had difficulty fulfilling this order. We are continuing to work to provide you with this game, however, if you would like to cancel this purchase for a full refund rather than wait, please email us at any time or call us at (888) 986-6400, Monday thru Friday, 9am - 1pm Pacific Time.

Should the game be shipped prior to us receiving a request for cancellation of this purchase, please return the purchase once it arrives to you and upon its return in one of our facilities, we will issue a refund.

We apologize for the inconvenience and if we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

So my 2 options are to keep waiting for who knows how long or get a refund. I'll probably wait a few days before asking for a refund, since I haven't seen the game this cheap anywhere else.

Yesterday I received Viking and it had some smudges and light scratches on it which all came out. It also has two tiny dents on the side of the disc but they are so small I'm hoping it doesn't affect anything. I'll post again if they do though.

Today I received my final two games The Club and Hulk. Both discs were loose in the cases which worried me when I first picked up my mail. The Club is mint but Hulk has a lot of scratches which won't come out but nothing huge that looks like it will make the game not work. So as far as Gamefly is concerned I'd say I'm 6 for 6 with only 1 game that has light scratches that didn't buff out.

Got DMC4 and NG2 and both are in what look mint condition. The NG2 disc seems to have either a chip or deformity on the outer edge of the disc but hardly notcible.

Good deal other than BB will have NG2 for $9.99. O well.

Just checked the PS3 section, and it looks like they're pretty much wiped out with the exception of the following:

MLB 08: The Show - $21.99
NBA 2K8 - $9.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 - $17.99

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Still have not received my copy of Birdman, and it's still listed as "Buy-It Processing", even though it was ordered on Dec. 23rd. I just sent them an e-mail, I know someone else had the same problem (with a different game), so I'll update you on what happens once I get a response.[/quote]

I was the person with the same problem. They told me it was because they didn't have the case and manual at that shipping center so it was being shipped to them. They've since shipped it out.

[quote name='jrhawk42']I also suggest installing any game you get to your 360 hard drive when you first get it. This will check the entire disc for read errors. NG2 looked almost perfect but wouldn't install on my 360 hence somewhere in the game I'm going to get DD error.[/quote]

This is not 100% accurate. I have a brand new copy of BIA: Hell's Highway for 360 which gets read errors all the time. I installed it to the hard drive and haven't had a problem ever since. It is probably rare that the actual disc causes the read error. You can thank Microsoft's fine engineering department.

bread's done
Back