Gamefunk 15% off for taking a survey

fnord

CAGiversary!
Gamefunk's sending out 15% off coupons for games for taking this survey.

They're a very reputable dealer, I've bought a used DS and PS3 from them and have recommended them to friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cheapdude']Yea they are good dealer, the question is are the prices reasonable.
iy.gif

iy.gif
[/quote]

Used 40gb for $238 is pretty reasonable.

Actually, the discount code is for 15% off of Games only. Sorry, Folks. Join the mailing list and we'll let you know when there'll be coupon codes for consoles and accessories.

[quote name='mary_at_gamefunk']Actually, the discount code is for 15% off of Games only. Sorry, Folks. Join the mailing list and we'll let you know when there'll be coupon codes for consoles and accessories.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification :)

[quote name='Mugen']How long does it take then to send you the code?[/quote]

Pretty sure at the end of the survey they say you should have the code in 24 hours.

Been about 24 hours now and have not received my survey code. mary_at_gamefunk mentioned she sent some out earlier today. I am not sure if mine was part of the batch. Shame, I am ready to spend some cash.

Same here. It has been over 24 hours for me and still nothing in my mailbox. I even checked my spam folder. I'm itching to save some money too.

I got the code about an hour ago so that makes it somewhere between 24 and 36 hours of waiting, I guess.

By the way, Killzone 2 comes out to around $46 shipped with the code.

[quote name='fnord']Pretty sure at the end of the survey they say you should have the code in 24 hours.[/quote]

I was hoping that would be the case at worst, but it's been a bit over that for me. Maybe I'm just being a bit impatient perhaps. :whistle2:#

Just received the code and picked up street fighter IV for xbox 360 for $45.85 with Free Shipping! BTW It took over a day for me to get the code.

Got it overnight. I am about to use it now. I'm trying to figure out how they get their inventory. Some of this stuff is cheap.

Yeah I know. They are giving you Forza and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for $3? I would of picked that deal up too if I didn't own them already.

[quote name='juggernot91']I was hoping that would be the case at worst, but it's been a bit over that for me. Maybe I'm just being a bit impatient perhaps. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Try checking your spam folder. Mine came in a few hours. After your order gets too heavy for First Class, shipping charges get a little ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
It took 2 days for the coupon to finally show up for me.

Got Predator Concrete Jungle for around $4 a piece, x2
Also got Driver 4 for about $8. Shipping was 6.55.

Going to Ebay flip these. They were bare games, but I know my closest gamestop has each of these complete. Keeping one Concrete Jungle to play through again, as it was an awesome game. I'll hold onto it until they inevitably bring out another Predator related property.

They still had at least 2 more bare copies of Concrete Jungle if anybody wants. You can just switch them out on Gamestop returns to get the case & manual. That's what I usually do.

I got Street Fighter 4 for PS3 - $45.89
Was actually going to make a post about it, but the item vanished from their inventory. Oh well.

Ty Gamefunk!!

They've got alot of used ps2 games for under a $1, no cases and probably scratched. Might be worth checking out if there is anything you actually wanna play.

[quote name='suko_32']So if we ordered before SFIV disappeared we're okay?[/quote]
It should be :)
I've had that happen a few times to me when ordering off of CSS or loserkids (skateboard clothing stores)

And it happened to me again with Gamefunk.

Guess I'm just lucky :cool:

[quote name='suko_32']So if we ordered before SFIV disappeared we're okay?[/quote]

You're totally fine. Just means we sold the amount we ordered.

[quote name='pwnthee'] You can just switch them out on Gamestop returns to get the case & manual. That's what I usually do.[/quote]

That's unethical.

Wow, just found this site and it's pretty excellent. You got yourself a new email subscriber.

EDIT: Quick question, what does Cut mean?

At pwnthee, it is unethical because you're stiffing some other customer out of it.

[quote name='aniousjoe']That's unethical.[/quote]

not really since Gamestop doesn't care if their used product has cases or not.

I work for Gamestop, and I can say that we honestly do not care if our used games have cases and manuals or not. Hell, sometimes we even throw them away. If they are in somewhat bad shape, we don't even bother. Also, if we have multiple cases for games we have one copy of... guess what happens to the other cases? The artwork and manuals are thrown out.

Besides, it's unethical to see what Gamestop does to customers.

For example, recently at my store, a customer had purchased a copy of The Bouncer for PS2. Thing is, we've had one last new copy for a couple of years now. Still retails for $39.99. Well, he wanted it new, instead of used for like $5. Point is, he waited about three weeks, and today he came up to me to return it. My manager was right there, so he immediately imposed the fact that we can only accept it as a trade-in. It trades in for $.75. The unethical thing is, technically, we can accept the return... but my manager did not want it in inventory again. Alas, we're not "supposed" to authorize the return, but we're allowed to.

There's still SF4 CE for the 360, but shipping really eats into the deal overall. I believe after discount and cheapest shipping I could get I was looking at about $75.

MjC

[quote name='Doomtime']Does Gamefunk charge you right away? Or do they wait until it's shipped ?[/quote]

If you pay with Paypal it charges right away (that's paypal's system), but if you pay with a credit card, you're charged once it ships.

It's an okay place, but they have very little nintendo gamecube and nintendo 64 items : (
LOL some of the tabs come up blank with nothing, it got raped or something aye

bread's done
Back