GameGenie returns as a PS3 accessory.

But will it make my PS3 look as cool as this?

ngbbs43dc7dffdac20.jpg

sega-tower-of-power.jpg

TowerofSega.jpg

I read about this and I actually do hope this gets released.

I get a lot of people have this "cheating is for people who suck" or "cheating robs you of the game you paid for" but sometimes, I get stuck in a game and simply don't care to grind through it but would like to see how it ends. Or I just want to do go nuts and max out or customize my character however the fuck I want without having to pay 60 hours just to unlock some piece of equipment.

But I was under the impression that this would disable trophies (which I fully support) but the GoW3 part clearly shows a trophy being unlocked.:whistle2:k

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']why does that guy have 4 32x add-ons? would that even work and play the 32x cartridge?[/QUOTE]

A little-known 128-bit upgrade for the 32x CD version of Supreme Warrior.

I Dream of Genie!!!!!! I don't like to cheat on games, but there are sometimes where you rather play a game not having to worry about bullets or money.

If you can use the gamegenie and have trophies, then GG will probably destroy that system.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Don't people already edit saves for free?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly -- this is just a glorified 30-dollar hex editor. If you wanna max out your FF13-2 characters, you can do so in about 5 minutes of work at no cost. It's a popular game, so all the information you need is out there already.

The fact that it's just a save editor also limits the kind of cheats it can support. Don't expect "god mode" or "no clipping", for example. You also won't be able to use it on games with copy-protected saves. Overall a pretty shitty buy at 30 dollars, I'd say.

Codebreaker was a lot better. I used that in a lot of games on the ps2. Gameshark was awesome for the original pokemon games, Charizard use surf, lol. Then pokemon stadium came out for the 64, too much fun.

The death of cheat codes is worse than just about everything about this console generation except Project $10 new game codes.

You want to lock me out of achievements? Fine. I don't care. But let me comprehensively screw around with a single-player game to my heart's content. Crackdown got it. Saints Row got it. GTA got it. And that's about it.

In the comments, the company is admitting that they haven't yet figured out a way to get this to work on games whose saves are locked:

We are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix. However, as it stands, in the instances that the Save Data is locked, the Game Genie will not work on those games.

If this PS3 Game Genie were to become popular enough to be noticed by developers as a problem because of illegitimate trophy-farming (I highly doubt it), I bet we'd see the majority of developers locking save data in the future.

Back when I was much younger my dad sometimes had to travel to Canada for work. One time he was close enough that we drove to stay with him for part of the week. At this time Nintendo was still blocking the sale of the Game Genie in the US, but it had been released in Canada. I told my dad that I wanted one, I could only get it in Canada so OMG it has to be now, etc.

When I walked into the hotel room with my mom and brother, there was a Game Genie sitting on the TV. I was the coolest kid in 6th grade for like THREE DAYS because I brought the codebook to school and had this incredible fuck-with-Nintendo-games device that no one else had.

The break-the-game appeal of the Game Genie was just as appealing to me as just being invincible or whatever. My friends and I would sit around for hours just making up our own codes and watching as the music in TMNT went crazy or the graphics/levels got insanely jumbled.

bread's done
Back