GamersGate Thread: (Moved to the Steam+ Deals Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)

Closing this thread. Future deals will be posted in the Steam+ Deals Thread.

New thread here.
________________________________________________________________________________

*List of games on sale sorted by discount.
All Steam Origin Uplay DRM Free

[There are currently no known available vouchers, credits, promos, codes, etc. that can be manually applied to purchases.]

Note: Be sure to check DRM prior to purchase. It will typically be listed to the right of the description, just above the System Requirements. There are several instances where games may vary in DRM type even within the same bundle. You have been warned.

GamersGate on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Last edited by a moderator:
Are Russian versions giftable? And if so, anyone willing to help a super lazy CAG out?
I think so, I remember Ruuin bought as gift some games in the past without problem. They were steam keys though.

In this case I don't see any difference. I don't remember Uplay keys being region locked.

I think so, I remember Ruuin bought as gift some games in the past without problem. They were steam keys though.

In this case I don't see any difference. I don't remember Uplay keys being region locked.
I know some of the uPlay keys that are given out with the graphics cards a region locked and have to be activated via VPN.

is Tages as intrusive as Starforce?
It has (had?) a 3 hardware activation limit. When the game first came out it infamously locked Guru3d out while they were reviewing it because they were swapping out video cards and the Tages viewed that as a new computer/hardware configuration. Supposely, after much publuc shaming over the incident, Ubisoft made it so it upgrading your video card doesn't use an activation.

The couple of times I installed it, including after people claim the Tages was patched out, I got a popup window the first time I ran it that generated a hash based on my hardware and made me do a SolidShield (Tages) activation.

I've run various different spyware malware etc scans mutiple time since then and nothing for that game came up. I also didn't notice any extra software installed or problems with my computer since then.

It should be fine but if you change computers enough times possibly it might lock you out. If that were to happen you should be able to write Ubisoft support and get them to fix it. Just don't mention you paid Russian pricing for it on GG. :p

Edited to add: I in no way no how approve of Tages and think there is no excuse for any company to be using it these days, especially on a game that akready has account based DRM. However, I wanted that damned game forever and it eventually got to the point it was cheap enough that I just said fuck it, I'll live with the shittu DRM for this price.

Their loss because if it wasn't for the crap DRM I probably would had long since Snakeybroed it and they would have gotten much more money out of me.

Ah yes, I wonder how uPlay keys work? I suspect it'd require a VPN to activate to, in which case I probably wouldn't bother with it. I value my Uplay account more than my Steam one.
hmm.. uPlay key require VPN to activate? i thought they are mostly region free (compared to Steam regional restriction on activation)?

There's not a Uplay public db AFAIK so I don't think anyone knows for sure for any one specific game without trying it but they have region locked some stuff in the past.

Thanks for the information.

I actually thought there were only languages limitation and no regional locks, but you guys have more experience than me. 

I will try to investigate a little more.

Edit. Ruuin confirmed me, he bought there Rayman Legends in the past and worked perfectly fine. No VPN no region lock.

Well the other thing is, though it's probably not 100%, sometimes GG will sell stuff at Russian pricing that should be region locked (like Lost Planet 3) but isn't. My guess is that that don't feel like messing with carrying two separate versions.

Well the other thing is, though it's probably not 100%, sometimes GG will sell stuff at Russian pricing that should be region locked (like Lost Planet 3) but isn't. My guess is that that don't feel like messing with carrying two separate versions.
That is what happens if you buy on (Ubistore Ukraine/Russia) steam keys. You never know if they will be region locked or not, although some seem pretty obviously other need some guinea pig first.

For example. The last Wolfenstein, is a Row key there, but Thief gets a region locked key.

They're both about as shitty as you can get. It's like asking which is worse, gonorrhea or herpes.
I've never had any problem with Tages SolidShield on the one physical game I own. All it's done is activate the game, and a bonus is that I don't need to have the DVD in the drive to play.

That doesn't mean it isn't a pain in the ass for most folks. I've been lucky to get a game where it's really not in the way of anything.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was the rewards key that had to be activated by VPN, not the actual game keys.
You're not. That's exactly how it works.

I got Far Cry 3 from some dude in South America and I had him redeem the rewards key and he just passed on the Uplay key to me after that, which activated fine.

You don't need a VPN to redeem the game key itself, but you may need it if the particular rewards deal is country specific.

I got Splinter Cell Blacklist from some dude in Guatemala the same way, but I was able to redeem the rewards key myself without a problem.

I totally want Rayman at $3 but I'm too lazy to jump through the hoops. Anyone want to pick it up for me and I'll pay you for your troubles?

It's really not hard it sounds way more complicated than it is. To me Tremor is waay too much booolshit bit most of y'all got time fo dat.

TL;DR no

And spend 8 hours cleaning crapware off my HD? No thanks.

Okay, Lazy fuckers Guide to getting shit at Russian price on GG

Get Hola (it's a one click idiotproof browser plugin; get over it)
Turn Hola on set to Russia
Put shit in your cart
Turn hola off
Checkout with a credit card
Done

Paypal doesn't work so well which is why I use bluecions, again not hard, but to alleviate whining just use a cc. Drabes says that works for him.

Put shit in your cart
Turn hola off
Done

Paypal doesn't work so well which is why I use bluecions, again not hard, but to alleviate whining just use a cc. Drabes says that works for him.
it does!

Oh and don't crap your pants if Ashot P has to manually approve your order. He doesn't care.

rcFFo4N.jpg

Put shit in your cart
Turn hola off
Done

i just generate virtual credit card (one-time use) everytime i do a purchase. More secure, Ashot-P-approved way :)

btw, just want to let you guys know that over at Putinland,

Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition - $4.50 (lowest price historically)

Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition - 2.50 (super low price)

Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe Edition - 5.25 (insanely low)

Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Gold Edition - $29.99 (l$10 lower than Obamaland sale price)

they are all uplay enable

Put shit in your cart
Turn hola off
Done

Excellent guide, but I will suggest you to not pay with paypal. I have read from people getting their account banned on GG, so safest method would be paying in blue coins, which you always buy in your home country first.

Oh definitely. Don't use Paypal, if I wasn't clear about that. The work around of course if you want to use Paypal is to buy bluecoins with Paypal first, but some people were complaining that was too complicated so I said just use a credit card then. :p

btw, just want to let you guys know that over at Putinland,

Assassin's Creed Revelations - Gold Edition - $4.50 (lowest price historically)

Assassin's Creed II: Deluxe Edition - 2.50 (super low price)

Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe Edition - 5.25 (insanely low)

Assassin's Creed Black Flag Digital Gold Edition - $29.99 (l$10 lower than Obamaland sale price)

they are all uplay enable
What's the Russian gamersgate site url? I tried the extension Motoki posted but it's no worky for me. I'm trying to buy AC3 Deluxe.

Edit: Forget it, after reloading it to try other servers I finally got one that worked! Thanks! Ok so now buy coins here in US GG and then use those in RUS GG, right?

Ending 8/27
50% off Goat Simulator (Steam) - $5.00

Ending 8/28
75% off Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection (DRM Free) - $4.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Baldur’s Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions
  • Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions
  • Planescape: Torment
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
[/customspoiler]
75% off Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale (SecuROM) - $3.74
75% off Icewind Dale Complete (DRM Free) - $2.49
75% off Icewind Dale 2 (DRM Free) - $2.50
75% off Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter Nights Complete (Other DRM) - $7.49
75% off Neverwinter Nights Diamond (Other DRM) - $2.49
75% off Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete (SecuROM) - $4.99
75% off Endless Space - Emperor Special Edition (Steam) - $7.50
75% off Endless Space Gold Edition (Steam) - $8.75
75% off Endless Space: Disharmony (Steam) - $2.50

Ending 9/8
Up to 65% off Mastiff games

Okay from now on Russian shit on GG is Fight Club for me. Too many lazy fucks. (IT'S NOT HARD OR ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE)

If Toma wants to let people take advantage of him then go for it.

*Edit: I guess the AC games were either a daily, price mistake or they realized too many 'Russians' were getting in on that deal. Price is 75% off now.

Okay from now on Russian shit on GG is Fight Club for me. Too many lazy fucks. (IT'S NOT HARD OR ROCKET SCIENCE PEOPLE)

If Toma wants to let people take advantage of him then go for it.

*Edit: I guess the AC games were either a daily, price mistake or they realized too many 'Russians' were getting in on that deal. Price is 75% off now.
i don't think it's daily b/c the count down is still there. the price for Putinland is fixed and come back at $12 now.

Ending 8/28
50% off Night Dive Studios games

Ending 9/1
Up to 66% off NeocoreGames games and DLC (The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing)
75% off Farming Simulator 2013 – Titanium Edition (Steam) - $6.99

Ending 9/4
75% off Torchlight (DRM Free) - $3.74
75% off Torchlight Complete Pack - $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Torchlight (DRM Free)
  • Torchlight II (Steam)
[/customspoiler]
75% off Torchlight II (Steam) - $4.99
75% off Torchlight II - Four Pack (Steam) - $14.96

Ending 9/27
75% off Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (Steam) - $5.00

That's nice... But I'll wait for the Steam version. I read bad things about Uplay updating...
FYI, Steam version is just a Steam overlay on top of Uplay (so technically, it's the same crap)... I find it odd that people got excited over Settlers 7 Gold Edition at $4.99. It has been at that price every damn sale since last year (i know b/c I've been eyeing it ever since).

If any CAG here with 20% discount can grab me the uPlay code ($4), I would appreciate it.

The 20% discount expired already some weeks ago, unless they sent more or someone got lucky with their coupon I don't think someone can grab it for you.
oh? how unfortunate since my breaking point is $4 to justify its purchase.. I guess Settlers 7 Gold Edition won't be joining my backlog this time then, esp. with its embedded DRM

Thanks for the info tomasety

That's nice... But I'll wait for the Steam version. I read bad things about Uplay updating...
Even if you get the "Steam version" you're going to need Uplay anyway. It says so right on the game's page.There's very few "Steam versions" of Ubisoft games that don't require it now.

I've had Uplay since its inception and I've never had any problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back