GamersGate Thread: (Moved to the Steam+ Deals Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)

Closing this thread. Future deals will be posted in the Steam+ Deals Thread.

New thread here.
________________________________________________________________________________

*List of games on sale sorted by discount.
All Steam Origin Uplay DRM Free

[There are currently no known available vouchers, credits, promos, codes, etc. that can be manually applied to purchases.]

Note: Be sure to check DRM prior to purchase. It will typically be listed to the right of the description, just above the System Requirements. There are several instances where games may vary in DRM type even within the same bundle. You have been warned.

GamersGate on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Last edited by a moderator:
Its kinda like when someone posts that their dog or sister died on Facebook....and you like it.
Fresh Meat

Wow. Perfect timing to have a Kalypso sale considering the bundle at Bundlestars. Seeing as the Skydrift DLC isn't included in the bundle but is on sale, for example. I think I'll get some of this shit (provided it's fucking Steam keys this time).

Edit: Yup, Skydrift DLCs are Steam, and are at historical lows according to the price tracker (inb4 super awesome deal I never heard of).
Skydrift and DLC has been 75% off with a stacking 20% code on GMG :newbie:

Cause price trackers know the whole story and keep track of coupons and Amazon bundles, and everyone relying solely on pricetracers to boost their poser status is fuck ing brilliant.

Thinking about getting Assassin's Creed 2 and 3. Do you redeem both of them through Uplay? I've never bought from gamers gate before. Is Tages something to be worried about? Any thoughts on if AC3 is worth getting would be great...

They just released a complete edition with all the DLC for $30 I think so I would just wait for that to hit $7.50 or bundle.
Yep, I also noticed they dropped the MSRP on the game to $20 (suprisingly enough GG was one of the few to do so, the others being bundlestars and steam) so I'll probably wait for the GOTY or bundle like you said.

Thinking about getting Assassin's Creed 2 and 3. Do you redeem both of them through Uplay? I've never bought from gamers gate before. Is Tages something to be worried about? Any thoughts on if AC3 is worth getting would be great...
I know ACIII definitely activates on uPlay. ACII doesn't list it so it might just be a DL directly from Gamersgate. I have quite a few games directly from GG and you just download and install so no problems there. I've never had a problem with Tages, but some people have.

Yep, I also noticed they dropped the MSRP on the game to $20 (suprisingly enough GG was one of the few to do so, the others being bundlestars and steam) so I'll probably wait for the GOTY or bundle like you said.
Yeah, I want to play this one, but at this point I've waited this long so I might just wait it out. Seems like Kalypso games are pretty guaranteed to get bundled.

I know ACIII definitely activates on uPlay. ACII doesn't list it so it might just be a DL directly from Gamersgate. I have quite a few games directly from GG and you just download and install so no problems there. I've never had a problem with Tages, but some people have.

Yeah, I want to play this one, but at this point I've waited this long so I might just wait it out. Seems like Kalypso games are pretty guaranteed to get bundled.
I don't know if some of these activate the key straight-up onto UPlay.

Good question.

But...

I have AC2 from Retail - which I installed from the DVD disc.

I have ACB from Amazon DVG; and ACR Gold from Gamersgate - all which I downloaded DIRECTLY from the digital store that I bought it from.

ALL of these games after installed, UPLAY absolutely recognized them; and they do show-up on my UPLAY account.

I have AC3 from GameFly - and I activated that key directly on UPlay; and then downloaded it from UPlay.

EDIT:

Granted, I didn't buy EVERY one of these here from Gamersgate - but, that could give you an idea of how UPLAY acts, if it notices you have something installed it knows...it'll just, more or less, add it to your account.

I don't know if some of these activate the key straight-up onto UPlay.

Good question.

But...

I have AC2 from Retail - which I installed from the DVD disc.

I have ACB from Amazon DVG; and ACR Gold from Gamersgate - all which I downloaded DIRECTLY from the digital store that I bought it from.

ALL of these games after installed, UPLAY absolutely recognized them; and they do show-up on my UPLAY account.

I have AC3 from GameFly - and I activated that key directly on UPlay; and then downloaded it from UPlay.

EDIT:

Granted, I didn't buy EVERY one of these here from Gamersgate - but, that could give you an idea of how UPLAY acts, if it notices you have something installed it knows...it'll just, more or less, add it to your account.
The games that Uplay recognized and added to your Uplay account, can you download those from the Uplay client?

They just released a complete edition with all the DLC for $30 I think so I would just wait for that to hit $7.50 or bundle.
You're correct. I believe Omerta Gold is $15 (50% off) at BundleStars right now.

Fresh Meat

Skydrift and DLC has been 75% off with a stacking 20% code on GMG :newbie:

Cause price trackers know the whole story and keep track of coupons and Amazon bundles, and everyone relying solely on pricetracers to boost their poser status is fuck ing brilliant.
Actually, I knew that. I even said that I was gonna wait in case GMG did a similar sale (because coupon/credit, though I didn't actually say because coupon/credit).

That would be great, if the coupons didn't have this bullshit $10 minimum now. I only want to buy the DLCs (which are like <$2 combined), so GG is the same deal unless I wanna use my GMG credit or manage to find some stuff to pad my GMG cart with so the coupon applies. The point in saying historical low is to indicate that it hasn't gone beyond 75% off pre-coupons/credit/etc.

I am not going to wait for GMG to put in not shitty coupons again if they don't run a similar Kalypso promo this weekend. #FakeCAG

The games that Uplay recognized and added to your Uplay account, can you download those from the Uplay client?
Oh, I don't know. Good question.

Let me look. I don't have AC2 or SC: Conviction installed on this rig (which UPlay recognized - had both from Retail).

Yep, you can.

If you click on the game's name, there's a DOWNLOAD option (instead of PLAY, since it isn't installed yet).

IIRC, be careful w/ UPLAY game-downloads. Like GameFly and Gamersgate - if you plan to keep your installers, you might wanna back-up a copy of your installer's EXE file right AFTER the download (or just back-up the entire installer folder elsewhere). That would be done RIGHT BEFORE you actually decide to click the INSTALL option. IIRC - the program likes to at least destroy installer-EXE's, after the install.

Yes. I had that happen with AC;R and GR;FS iirc.

You're correct. I believe Omerta Gold is $15 (50% off) at BundleStars right now.

Actually, I knew that. I even said that I was gonna wait in case GMG did a similar sale (because coupon/credit, though I didn't actually say because coupon/credit).

That would be great, if the coupons didn't have this bullshit $10 minimum now. I only want to buy the DLCs, so GG is the same deal unless I wanna use my GMG credit or manage to find some stuff to pad my GMG cart with so the coupon applies. The point in saying historical low is to indicate that it hasn't gone beyond 75% off pre-coupons/credit/etc.

I am not going to wait for GMG to put in not shitty coupons again if they don't run a similar promo. #FakeCAG
GMG coupons are dead to me now.

Probably best to wait for a sale on Omerta Gold, since it adds a bunch of new scenarios with new characters in new settings, some with new enemies I believe, etc.

It's a solid game that got more hate then it deserved. I looked into lots of reviews of it when I was deciding whether or not to grab it (got it for $5 a looong time ago), and even the worst reviews of it said something along the lines of "... but I can't stop playing it ..." at some point during their review. A bit silly when you rate something so low, yet then admit how addicting and fun it was for you.

Basically it's a poor man's XCOM/Tropico hybrid set in the 20s or so, where you're generally building up a little criminal empire and competing with rival gangs as you go along. The management of building pubs and warehouses and whatnot is pretty basic and that's where most of the complaints have rolled in about it, but I can say that I prefer the simple management and the added emphasis on combat missions, which are actually really fun and well done.

Just don't come into the game expecting Tropico or XCOM. Yes, it's similar to both games, but on a simpler level than both of them. The combination, setting, and music are really awesome though, so if you're a fan of either that era or SRPGs, I'd give the game a shot. Don't buy it if you're looking for a deep city-builder experience though.

That would be great, if the coupons didn't have this bullshit $10 minimum now. I only want to buy the DLCs (which are like <$2 combined), so GG is the same deal unless I wanna use my GMG credit or manage to find some stuff to pad my GMG cart with so the coupon applies. The point in saying historical low is to indicate that it hasn't gone beyond 75% off pre-coupons/credit/etc.

I am not going to wait for GMG to put in not shitty coupons again if they don't run a similar Kalypso promo this weekend. #FakeCAG
wutevar

Edit:

dumbass.

So I'm making an effort to go through my Gamersgate backlog of terrible games.

First up:

Battlestrike - The Road To Berlin

I knew what to expect with this, which is a simple rail shooter and it delivers that. Call me a sucker for the arcade days and getting into that Beachhead 2000 dome and shooting away.  Sadly, this doesn't deliver Beachhead quality game play.  It tries its hand at variety, switching between machine gun, tank, sniper, and plane missions, but it's just too easy and short.  There were maybe 2-3 stages I had to redo, but everything was done in like an hour.  There were also graphic issues in some stages where the whole screen would sort of glitch into rough polygons making it almost impossible for me to see who I was supposed to shoot.  Also, the ending is like the biggest letdown ever.  I have another game from the series to play so I'll see if there are any improvements in that one.  

Awful games I'm currently working on:

Snajper

El Matador

Hellforces

Pathologic

Safety Driving - The Motorbike Simulation

Okay so another one off the list - Snajper - which I think someone said was Polish for Sniper and after more internet sleuthing I found out it is actually this game:

http://www.amazon.com/Sniper-Path-Vengeance-Pc/dp/B00005V131

Funny enough, the launch screen just says Sniper with a generic drawing.

This one was in the 1C Pack (My first GG purchase) and goodness what a mess this was.  For one it almost gave me motion sickness since the mouse is super sensitive and it stutters all the time.  I saw someone do a playthrough on easy on Youtube in an hour.  It took me considerably longer on normal but from now on with these games it will be easy all the way.

I don't even know where to start with this thing.  Graphically it looks like the early 00s.  The sniping is minimal in the game.  Enemies are either super accurate from far away or complete idiots that glitch out and let you just walk up and shoot them before they react.  It has the most dramatic death animation ever with each enemy spreading his arms out and falling.  The story is a convoluted mess of mob double cross and virus drug testing.  And.... the kicker...the ending consists of two guys playing air pistols with each other.  Yep, they literally either forgot or didn't bother adding the guns into the final cutscene.  Amazing.  How?  How did you forget to draw the fucking guns into the character's hands?

Oddly enough, the glitchy, crappy nature of this game made it quite a challenge to finish.  I need to play something good now before I see if Hellforces is any better.  

Daily Deal:

Victoria Collection Bundle -> DRM-FREE = $9.99

--> 75% off its usual $39.95 GG price-tag

Includes the following:

• Victoria Complete [Victoria (base-game) + Victoria: Revolutions (Expansion)]
  • Victoria 2 
  • Victoria 2: Interwar Artillery Sprite Pack 
  • Victoria 2: Interwar Planes Sprite Pack 
  • Victoria II: Interwar - Spritepack
  • Victoria II: A House Divided Expansion
  • Victoria II: A House Divided: American Civil War Spritepack

Wh9jL.gif

The only "TV" show that I've watched in the past 3 years that isn't auto racing or football is American Horror Story. And I watch that on Amazon Prime now that I don't have premium channels. I do have a backlog of shows on my watchlist, however.

The only "TV" show that I've watched in the past 3 years that isn't auto racing or football is American Horror Story. And I watch that on Amazon Prime now that I don't have premium channels. I do have a backlog of shows on my watchlist, however.
i watched the first season of american horror story andthought it was mediocre, made it a few episodes through season 2 and thought it was terrible and gave up

i watched the first season of american horror story andthought it was mediocre, made it a few episodes through season 2 and thought it was terrible and gave up
It's certainly no masterpiece, but I have an affinity for horror/supernatural stuff and it's just hard to find anything that's really worth watching nowadays that fits those genres on TV. Granted, I'm just getting into Season 2 since it went free on Prime.

I suppose it's not likely any of those are anime?
Nope. Most are recent sci-fi-ish shows that I just never got around to watching when they started, like newer Battlestar Galactica. I sort of wore myself out of anime several/many years ago. I still have an appreciation for it, just not enough to keep following. Even my beloved Simpsons and Family guy have gone unwatched the past two years. I would like to catch up on Archer, though. I'm just sort of meh on TV as a whole currently.

BlackAdder! I just got done re-watching them on Netflix.

Hilarious =D

Everyone with Netflix should watch it (Seasons 2,3 and 4 are way better than the first)...
I think you forgot the yellow comic sans there.

The first season is the only one with Brian Blessed.

It's certainly no masterpiece, but I have an affinity for horror/supernatural stuff and it's just hard to find anything that's really worth watching nowadays that fits those genres on TV. Granted, I'm just getting into Season 2 since it went free on Prime.

Nope. Most are recent sci-fi-ish shows that I just never got around to watching when they started, like newer Battlestar Galactica. I sort of wore myself out of anime several/many years ago. I still have an appreciation for it, just not enough to keep following. Even my beloved Simpsons and Family guy have gone unwatched the past two years. I would like to catch up on Archer, though. I'm just sort of meh on TV as a whole currently.
I share the same sentiment, there is a lack of good horror series on TV in recent years, I wouldn't even consider the popular Walking Dead to be a horror series, to me it is more of a drama series about human survival instincts. When I was a kid, I used to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark? every week.

Most of the better TV series I have seen these days are either mafia/crime/medieval fantasy, the new season of Game of Thrones is coming so that is one that I am looking forward to.

Also like horror/supernatural and am disappointed by the dearth of quality options. Tried to get into AHS but I just thought it sucked.

Please tell me you're not calling Family Guy/Simpsons anime.

Regardless, you need to add Steins;gate to your list, because it's awesome and will stop me pestering you to watch stuff.

Please tell me you're not calling Family Guy/Simpsons anime.

Regardless, you need to add Steins;gate to your list, because it's awesome and will stop me pestering you to watch stuff.
I'll take a look at that. I might be ready to get back into anime. And I was just mentioning those others as shows I used to watch daily, but no longer do as I'm on sort of a partial TV hiatus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back