GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me, or do a lot of the sales always seem to disappoint you?

{eyebrow raised}
tumblr_lme5onIesS1qg46lw.png

Well lowest (repeat) price on Saints Row 2, which I highly recommend if you're willing to install the mod to make it run okay.

And I suppose the drm-free Jagged Alliance bundle isn't bad...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well lowest (repeat) price on Saints Row 2, which I highly recommend if you're willing to install the mod to make it run okay.

And I suppose the drm-free Jagged Alliance bundle isn't bad...
Hmmmm....you sound somewhat disappointed, instead of fully disappointed...

lowest price yet on of orcs n men too.

anyone played daywatch? i had nightwatch before and they seem built on the same engine?
I'm kinda curious as well. Didn't even know they made video games, but I loved the books.

Movies were ok.

My biggest fear is:

Books (great) <- spawn the movies (drop in quality) <- spawn video games (another drop in quality?)

Has anyone played Of Orcs & Men?  It's one of those games I keep thinking looks interesting but also feel relatively confident that I'll be disappointed.

I'm kinda curious as well. Didn't even know they made video games, but I loved the books.

Movies were ok.

My biggest fear is:

Books (great) <- spawn the movies (drop in quality) <- spawn video games (another drop in quality?)
TBH, the Nightwatch game wasn't great so I don't expect DayWatch to be much better, but just surprised they made a sequel. I never read the books, but enjoyed the movies.

Has anyone played Of Orcs & Men? It's one of those games I keep thinking looks interesting but also feel relatively confident that I'll be disappointed.

I'm in the same boat. With the extra 20% it's almost 75% off, but I think I will wait for $5 since I just feel I'm probably swayed by the awesome cover art.

Of Orcs & Men uses act control DRM on GamersGate.. Steam version doesn't. I would wait for the Steam version.. unless the GG page is incorrect about the DRM.

Of Orcs & Men uses act control DRM on GamersGate.. Steam version doesn't. I would wait for the Steam version.. unless the GG page is incorrect about the DRM.
You're correct although I could have sworn that it said Steam last time I looked at it (however many months ago). Weird. Could be my own faulty memory though.

Hmmmm....you sound somewhat disappointed, instead of fully disappointed...
Yeah, at least two of the selection is good, at normal good prices. Still nothing for me buy though. Apparently they also had Red Faction on sale yesterday, that I only noticed just before the price switchover... apparently it was also a daily? (not a weekly)

You mean Serious Sam 3, not 2. :p

And looks like again, Kitty is disappointed w/ the sales, hehe.
Yeah SS3... typo.

However between $12 DmC and $6.80 NK Pro last week I am almost poised to spend more at GG disappointment of a summer sale than Steam's.

I dont think this is about who is disappointed, it's about who isn't
#PeopleMatter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFu2WWA3Xs

(in no way is this a statement in support of monotheism, I'm justing saying #PeopleMatter)

Yeah SS3... typo.

However between $12 DmC and $6.80 NK Pro last week I am almost poised to spend more at GG disappointment of a summer sale than Steam's.

#PeopleMatter
SS3 = Serious Sam 3. :D

I wonder if there'll ever be a System Shock 3 (that's be another game w/ the acronymn SS3).

While the sales from GG and Steam ain't been spectacular enough to suit me, I been having fun w/ the card-collecting.

#SteamCards

SS3 = Serious Sam 3. :D

I wonder if there'll ever be a System Shock 3 (that's be another game w/ the acronymn SS3).

While the sales from GG and Steam ain't been spectacular enough to suit me, I been having fun w/ the card-collecting.

#SteamCards
IDK. The worst in recent memory is DS# DungeonSIege? DeadSpace? DarkSouls? DemonSouls? (I think I'm missing a few).

75% off sales and glitch-sales spoil us, eh? ;)

Oh, also - so does Humble Bundles, Groupee bundles, and things of that nature.
Which is *why* I check and post GG at price flip... during the summer sale 4 dalies -- 4x the price glitches (in theory).

IDK. The worst in recent memory is DS# DungeonSIege? DeadSpace? DarkSouls? DemonSouls? (I think I'm missing a few).

Which is *why* I check and post GG at price flip... during the summer sale 4 dalies -- 4x the price glitches (in theory).
Hehe @ so many DS acronyms.

Would Darksiders work, too? ;)

So, how do you do it - stay up to 3AM EST for the GG price-flip? ;)

Sure, rub it in - If price flipped at Midnight EST, it'd be much easier for me to catch those price-flips & glitches. ;)
But, they don't. :(
Move?

Went nocturnal in Chicago in summer... way too damn hot and humid during daylight hours. I wasn't the only one either. I'd run into all sorts of "ordinary" people on the Lake Side trail, at all hours... including that old guy jogging wearing nothing but white running shoes and a fluorescent green speedo. #PostTraumaticSkatingDisorder

(well rollerblades)

@Kitty

Naw, I'm staying on the East Coast. :p

MysterD doesn't care much for rollerblading, He skated on quads, actually.

@Kitty

Naw, I'm staying on the East Coast. :p

MysterD doesn't care much for rollerblading, He skated on quads, actually.
I had roller skates before i got roller blades. I liked them both, but well rollerblades kinda tool over (and they do have better stability for imperfect conditions, imo).... And I have (below) which are really neat and perfect for commuting and the sort.

95_1.jpg

I had roller skates before i got roller blades. I liked them both, but well rollerblades kinda tool over (and they do have better stability for imperfect conditions, imo).... And I have (below) which are really neat and perfect for commuting and the sort.

95_1.jpg
I actually competitive figure-skated on quads for around 16 years or so.

^_^ My use was primarily commute and recreation.

RollerBlades are great when taking public transit (if you have convertible ones, else Skateboard).
Cool. :D

I was never much on roller-blades or outdoor skating. I was a rink-rat, back in the day.

I couldn't do even close to much of anything on ice skates or roller blades, when compared to what I could do on quad roller skates.

Cool. :D

I was never much on roller-blades or outdoor skating. I was a rink-rat, back in the day.

I couldn't do even close to much of anything on ice skates or roller blades, when compared to what I could do on quad roller skates.
Weird... IceSkates and RollerBlades translated reasonably well... (I learned to iceskate first fwiw.) Ice is nicer imo (and iceskates aren't big/clunky), but well there's just a lot more asphalt around...

Weird... IceSkates and RollerBlades translated reasonably well... (I learned to iceskate first fwiw.) Ice is nicer imo (and iceskates aren't big/clunky), but well there's just a lot more asphalt around...
Keep this in mind - I practiced like 5 days of week on quads, back in the day...

Technical skating babble coming...

On ice: per each cross-pull and push you make, it'll will give you tons more speed, rotation when jumping, and more whip (speed and rotations) on your spins. There's some tricks you can do on quads (Broken Ankle camel spins & Heel camel spins, for example) that you just can't do on ice skates & roller-blades. Jump-combos on roller can go longer (3-7 jump combos are common there) b/c you just don't dig into the ice-pick for a landing (which will slow you down); you just flat-out roll from one item/jump to the next.

Trouble some quad-skaters have when switching from quad roller skates to either ice/roller-blades - is on quads, you have 4 different edges b/c of the way it's built. On ice or roller-blades, you just only have that one line (on roller-blades and ice-skates). Plus, rotations for jumps and spins are MUCH faster on ice. That can totally throw your timing and everything off - and you might have to learn how to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back