GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should play Binary Domain - it's awesome.
I'm going to have to go against the CAG majority on this one. Personally, I found Binary Domain "meh" at best. Maybe it was because I had initially thought it looked just OK, but the CAG community talked it up so much I was expecting WAY more than what I got. Don't get me wrong, I found the story compelling enough as it falls right inline with what interests me. It was just that the gameplay and dialogue were what I felt mediocre at best. The dialogue was just so incredible cliche, that I literally cringed when hearing many of the lines uttered. The gameplay was only slightly better. It was kinda fun blasting robots to bits, but the guns never gave me the sense of awe that I felt I should have, especially with an upgrade system. Even the player/NPC upgrades felt like feather light ad-ons with no real impact on gameplay. It's a average game, with interesting if not derivative story and subpar voice acting/dialogue. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the campaign is basically get from point A to point B with a group of 4, so that's why I say it's similar to L4D, REORC levels are better structured though since they're not designed to be both coop and versus levels. And I honestly compared the multiplayer to Gears because it's the most popular TPS cover shooter I could think of that I was sure people would at least know. I agree about your point in comparison to Spec Ops, it is faster, but it still does compare favorably to Gears because melee is viable to be used unlike in Spec Ops. In all honesty it is a little different than both those games because there are quite a few melee enemies where you're better off kiting them out in the open than staying in cover.

The game I'd MOST compare it to is Fuse...which nobody played.
Yeah, I see what you're saying now. Naturally I haven't played Fuse though. :lol:

I'm going to have to go against the CAG majority on this one. Personally, I found Binary Domain "meh" at best. Maybe it was because I had initially thought it looked just OK, but the CAG community talked it up so much I was expecting WAY more than what I got. Don't get me wrong, I found the story compelling enough as it falls right inline with what interests me. It was just that the gameplay and dialogue were what I felt mediocre at best. The dialogue was just so incredible cliche, that I literally cringed when hearing many of the lines uttered. The gameplay was only slightly better. It was kinda fun blasting robots to bits, but the guns never gave me the sense of awe that I felt I should have, especially with an upgrade system. Even the player/NPC upgrades felt like feather light ad-ons with no real impact on gameplay. It's a average game, with interesting if not derivative story and subpar voice acting/dialogue. But that's just my opinion.
I got it for $2, so I feel like I'll have a better time with it. :D

counter it boom i like it. it realy fun hard maybe little hard with keyboard but if it is much more fun than most futuristic game i play so far

counter it boom i like it. it realy fun hard maybe little hard with keyboard but if it is much more fun than most futuristic game i play so far
I somehow find this review to be very unhelpful in establishing game quality. Then again, my translator isn't working, so...

Well I think we have a glitch... Saints Row 3 $2.50 90% off... but we all own it already

Crysis 3 - $20 (50% off) (Origin)
I got SR: TT (base game) from Amazon for $10 a while back, last year - days before Steam trolled us w/ SR:TT Franchise Pack for $13 or so.

Then I bought SR:TT - Full Package (for all missing DL) when they had that $5 coupon on THQ games and got that for like $2.50 or so around X-Mas time last year (not sure if it was before or after it), IIRC.

Capcom deals through UK site:
Resident Evil 6 $15.02 (12.01 with 20% discount)
Devil May Cry $15.11 (12.09 with 20% discount)
Always afraid to buy capcom games because they will pull some perfect director in your face complete edition later, but this is the best price for DMC.

I snagged both RE6 and DmC with Blue Coins. I doubt they'll go cheaper as Capcom is stubborn with lowering prices; it'll probably take until next summer sale to see them hit 66%.

Yes that is the one, make sure to get blue coins from gamersgate.com to cover the UK site purchase to save on currency conversion rate. Also you need the Beth/BL2 Oops discount to get the extra 20% off (in case you didn't know).

Edit: Not sure if using gamersgate.com for currency conversion tip is the best idea for you since you are in Indonesia. You will know better than I.

Boomhauer, Is that you?

char_6993.jpg

Ohmmmm ohmmmmm

<meditating over DMC deal>
It's a great game and totally worth the asking price IMO. Combat gets really deep and satisfying. Game seemed to be paced really well. Story is a bit above average by Capcom standards and the game is just overall fun to play. Game = solid 8/10. Price I think to be fair for the game $7.50-$20.

It's a great game and totally worth the asking price IMO. Combat gets really deep and satisfying. Game seemed to be paced really well. Story is a bit above average by Capcom standards and the game is just overall fun to play. Game = solid 8/10. Price I think to be fair for the game $7.50-$20.
i h8 u... u made me spend all of my lunch money... now i have to live on instant ramen

...while I kick demon ass ^_~

And now Risen 2 Complete is a daily for more than GG had it a week or two back (iirc I was split on picking it up for $7 (after 20%)
Yup two weeks ago it was 75% off. Then they had it as one of the weekly bundles at 50% all of last week. And now today it's 66% >.>

Yes that is the one, make sure to get blue coins from gamersgate.com to cover the UK site purchase to save on currency conversion rate. Also you need the Beth/BL2 Oops discount to get the extra 20% off (in case you didn't know).

Edit: Not sure if using gamersgate.com for currency conversion tip is the best idea for you since you are in Indonesia. You will know better than I.
Thanks. Bought. :)
Beth/BL2 Oops joke made me laughing.

Since when can we not buy BC in 1k increments?!

It's almost as if they KNEW that we would buy RE6 for the 12$ on the UK site and did this so it would offset and it would mitigate/offset the Bethesda discount....

WELP. Looks like no buy for me!

Since when can we not buy BC in 1k increments?!

It's almost as if they KNEW that we would buy RE6 for the 12$ on the UK site and did this so it would offset and it would mitigate/offset the Bethesda discount....

WELP. Looks like no buy for me!
They started doing this a couple weeks ago. The minimum amount of blue coins you can buy is $5 but you can still add up to 2 x $1 increment if you are over $5 using this link. I believe seamoss and madjoki originally figured this out.

Anybody receive something like this?

Your order has been selected for manual review.
Im buying a game from gamersgate that I accidentally use paypal first but I cancelled the transaction and change it to blue coins. After the order went through and they took my blue coins I receive that message.

I just tried to put in an order for DMC on the UK site and I got the same manual review message.  This was just using paypal straight up, no blue coins, or cancellations or anything different

My DmC order went through just fine I bought BC and paid in BC.  I'm also a well seasoned GG customer (lv4).  I've bought UK-side paypal and BC in the past fine as well.

I just tried to put in an order for DMC on the UK site and I got the same manual review message. This was just using paypal straight up, no blue coins, or cancellations or anything different
Did they charge your paypal?

I dont know if they will give me back my blue coins if they decided to cancel my order. This is the first time I have issues buying in the uk site.

Nice deal on Devil May Cry. Too bad I'm not a fan of the series.

The search continues, I guess. One day I'll find a use for the blue coins that I bought 6 months ago.

And GG approved it.  Maybe they are starting to randomly flag transactions from accounts that are buying across multiple country sites or something, or they are just randomly picking deal purchases, but either way they let it through anyway

Maybe old news but apparently we're on week two of a four week sale.  So depending on your outlook, we either may yet find some great deals... or may yet be subjected to 14+ more days of crushing disappointment.

New dailys are up... I'm not sure whether the selection/prices is funny or depressing.

...hmm... maybe I'll laugh while crying.

Maybe old news but apparently we're on week two of a four week sale. So depending on your outlook, we either may yet find some great deals... or may yet be subjected to 14+ more days of crushing disappointment.
I think I'm leaning towards the latter. Other than one game I had on my wishlist, this has been a below lackluster sale for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back