GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got a pending order for Skulls of the Shogun 4 pack last night, and completed it an hour ago and sold off all of the keys, so if you made a pending order there's still some hope. I think they only cancelled/refunded the orders where you didn't immediately reveal the keys.

I know ashes made a pending order.. ;)

So, I put an order in for SotS this morning and gifted it to myself.  I have one copy that I can reveal the key on, but the other three have no gift option, but say I can use them myself after 24 hours (tomorrow morning).  Guess I'll wait till tomorrow to see if I can at least reveal the keys.  Not even sure if I even want the game myself. 

So I got a pending order for Skulls of the Shogun 4 pack last night, and completed it an hour ago and sold off all of the keys, so if you made a pending order there's still some hope. I think they only cancelled/refunded the orders where you didn't immediately reveal the keys.

I know ashes made a pending order.. ;)
found one of ashes' baby pics

15767.jpg

So, I put an order in for SotS this morning and gifted it to myself. I have one copy that I can reveal the key on, but the other three have no gift option, but say I can use them myself after 24 hours (tomorrow morning). Guess I'll wait till tomorrow to see if I can at least reveal the keys. Not even sure if I even want the game myself.
if they come through, I'd love to buy a copy so I can also be in the in crowd :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Daily Deals:

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum -- DRM FREE -> 75% off = $4.98

Contains: Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (base game) + Soaked! (expansion) + Wild! (expansion)

Dungeons: GOTY Edition -- Other DRM -> 75% off = $5.00

Contains: Dungeons  (base game) + Into The Dark DLC + Map Pack DLC

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier -- Other DRM (probably UPlay?) -> 60% off = $9.98

Silverfall (base game only) -- Securom DRM -> 66% off = $5.10

SIDE NOTE: I only recommend this game only w/ both Silverfall (base game) + Silverfall: Earth Awakening (stand-alone expansion) installed together in the same game-folder, since SF:EA overhauls the game's camera, performance, inventory, UI, etc only w/ the expansion installed.

I once did a Steamgifts give away for that game.  In the description I included:

Metacritic reviews: "[A] game that would have been bad even in 2004." ... "It's frustrating, derivative, at times nearly unplayable, and frustrating." ... "[C]ompletely fails to fulfill its mission." ... "It's not even remotely close to being fun" ... "[A] piece of garbage" ... "Shadow Harvest will only bring pain and suffering into your life. Avoid it at all costs."

Still got 721 entries for ti though.

@Syntax

They must've had the old "If it's FREE, it's for ME" philosophy. ;)

@Neuro5i5

Just watched TB's impressions on it - wow, just wow....

So, I wonder what's worse - Aliens: CM or Shadow Harvest? ;)

@Syntax

They must've had the old "If it's FREE, it's for ME" philosophy. ;)

@Neuro5i5

Just watched TB's impressions on it - wow, just wow....

So, I wonder what's worse - Aliens: CM or Shadow Harvest? ;)
I'll let you know, I'm playing through A:CM right now.

I once did a Steamgifts give away for that game. In the description I included:

Metacritic reviews: "[A] game that would have been bad even in 2004." ... "It's frustrating, derivative, at times nearly unplayable, and frustrating." ... "[C]ompletely fails to fulfill its mission." ... "It's not even remotely close to being fun" ... "[A] piece of garbage" ... "Shadow Harvest will only bring pain and suffering into your life. Avoid it at all costs."

Still got 721 entries for ti though.
Seems like as good a reminder as any to me. Let's see how many this one gets:

I ain't played neither - and Lord knows if I'll ever buy either, unless they both are extremely dirt-cheap or I get them in a giveaway or something of that sort!
A:CM is tedious and disappointing, but the quality of it isn't near as low as people make it out to be.

If it had been a budget shooter rather than a highly anticipated Gearbox title, people would have thought it was competent but in no way good.

Settlers 7 Deluxe Gold is $4.99 today as well (it was showcased as a daily right around midnight but has since been replaced). I finally bit on it for $4 after discount because it's never been anywhere near that price on Steam and I've waited 3 years so far.

Sonic Racing Transformed is currently $14.99 for a 4-pack - 20% discount = $12.00 so $3.00 per copy.

Edited:  Oops!  This post should be in the GMG thread!

[quote name="Neuro5i5" post="10972694" timestamp="1376143120"]Daily Deal is Fuel - $2.49 75% off (Steam)[/quote/]

Anyone have any thoughts on it? Ashes?

Not like I don't have a kajillion other racing games I never play but that never stopped me from buying a game on sale before.

Yeah well some of us don't live on CAG so...

Anyhow passing on it due to shitty DRM Steam works + GFWL + Securom (especially the Securom) is a deal breaker for me no matter how cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back