GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, I'm sorry! I've found download store regional variations are extremely rare for me, and almost exclusively on EA games. Usually I'm just given the US$ price.

Sorry again!

[quote name='kataztrophik']LOL I'll send you 1.25 paypal if you gift the game to me :p[/QUOTE]
Oops, I missed this before. I'm sorry, I'm limited to two purchases, and as it's a co-op game I'll be giving my Steam friends list first dibs. Sorry!

$19.99 for Binary Domain at 60% off of $49.99?

I guess they don't bother to monitor their competition's prices or care. It's been much lower than that a bunch of times elsewhere.

Seriously, a quick scan of Steamgamesales will show that it's been $10 5 times already going back to August and that doesn't even include Amazon and all the times they have had it on sale or some recent sales on it by GetGamesGo.

http://www.steamgamesales.com/qiREq/binary-domain

Forget Binary Domain for a minute, has anyone noticed what they did to their Arkham bundle? On the last day of their Thanksgiving/black friday sale they had a bundle of B:AA GOTY and B:AC GOTY at 70% off, which came out to $13.25. Not a terrible price, especially for those who don't want Steam on top of GFWL. The next day they had (and still have), the Arkham bundle also for 70% off, except it now costs $20.05. The reason being that they added to the bundle the "Arkham City Signature Series Guide", which apparently is a reason to hike up the price by approximately $7. So now anyone interested in the games but not in the guide (like myself) has to pay an extra $7 to get the bundle. I thought that was a pretty low move.

This is the bundle I'm talking about http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-BAC/batman-arkham-collection-bundle

Last edited by a moderator:
Pricing changes aside, I noticed that bundle with the guide and was a bit befuddled. Who on earth actually buys those or thinks inclusion of a $7 PDF file is a draw? Hell, at least printed guides can be put on the shelf or give you bathroom reading material.

[quote name='poxi']Hmm. G2PO in not valid anymore for me. Can someone check, if he can redeem the code?[/QUOTE]

It's gone for me too.

So I decided to buy Dungeon Siege 3 for $1.25. Taiwanian proxy FTW!

@seamoss, PM sent!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='poxi']So I decided to buy Dungeon Siege 3 for $1.25. Taiwanian proxy FTW![/QUOTE]

Share the IP? Assuming it worked, that is.

[quote name='poxi']Hmm. G2PO in not valid anymore for me. Can someone check, if he can redeem the code?[/QUOTE]
It's gone, but was replaced with a new promotion code that gives 5% off the cheapest item in your cart: IAMANELDERGEEK

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']It's gone, but was replaced with a new promotion code that gives 5% off the cheapest item in your cart: IAMANELDERGEEK[/QUOTE]
Works with Blue Coins as well.

Just got this e-mail from IGN:

Dear IGN Prime members,

Several of you have expressed your dissatisfaction with the termination of our partnership with GamersGate and your concerns have been heard. We are always thankful for your feedback and are already hard at work finding a suitable way to compensate for this sudden retraction. We sincerely apologize for those who felt mislead by the wording surrounding the discount and would appreciate your patience as we find a way to make amends.

We urge you to participate in the ongoing discussion for our next plan of action on our Facebook group. We would love to hear your suggestions on what you’d like to see on Prime and to get to know our community better. Please join us here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/154976747903039/

[quote name='Idiotekque']Is the DSIII price still active in Asia? I'd love to get it for that price...[/QUOTE]
Yes, it should still be active for seven more hours... MARK.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Just got this e-mail from IGN:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just got that as well.

While I'm disappointed that the prime discount got cancelled, I'm not as outraged as some people seem to be. It's kinda hard to imagine what they could possibly offer to those who are really pissed off (short of a refund of any Money that they sunk into paying for their IGN prime accounts).

[quote name='The End']Yeah, I just got that as well.

While I'm disappointed that the prime discount got cancelled, I'm not as outraged as some people seem to be. It's kinda hard to imagine what they could possibly offer to those who are really pissed off (short of a refund of any Money that they sunk into paying for their IGN prime accounts).[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm concerned, I definitely got my money's worth out of Prime for what I paid. Whatever they decide to do next is fine with me, as long as they replace it with something. Yes, even downloadable/printable/constructable paper figurines of what once was.

I think the issue is that people signed up for Prime (and payed for it) with the advertisement that it was a lifetime gamersgate deal

it's pretty fucked up that gamersgate just pulled it without telling anybody

[quote name='Hardtarget']I think the issue is that people signed up for Prime (and payed for it) with the advertisement that it was a lifetime gamersgate deal

it's pretty fucked up that gamersgate just pulled it without telling anybody[/QUOTE]

Oh they told us.....48 hours before it was gone

Well, if anyone in Asia who can get the cheap price on DSIII can grab me a copy, I'd be very thankful. I've been looking for a good price on that game for ages. >_

[quote name='Daykain']If anyone is interested, Port Royale 3 seems to have a pricing error and is currently $3.40 (91% off), $3.23 with IAMANELDERGEEK code. This does NOT activate on Steam though.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PR3/port-royale-3[/QUOTE]
Tempting... That's an extremely bad pricing mistake. The game just has absolutely awful reviews. Yikes.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Well, by three minutes, because I'm a sloth.

Legend of Grimrock is very tempting at $3.75, but I have a feeling it would sit in my backlog till it was in a Humble Bundle by the time I got around to playing it.

[quote name='Necrotron']Wow, yes, best price yet on that game.

And don't forget to use the IAMANELDERGEEK code at checkout.[/QUOTE]

Good suggestion. Can that code be used more than once and on Blue coins? For that matter, did that other code (G2PO) expire?

I'm not sure its a glitch. Its not low enough of a price to be a steal and really its not too far off from black friday prices. The reviews were negative and the game was pretty much discounted since launch.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Legend of Grimrock is very tempting at $3.75, but I have a feeling it would sit in my backlog till it was in a Humble Bundle by the time I got around to playing it.[/QUOTE]
It's $3.57 you mentalist! I am an elder geek!

[quote name='The End']Good suggestion. Can that code be used more than once and on Blue coins? For that matter, did that other code (G2PO) expire?[/QUOTE]

I heard G2PO expired, but I believe you can still use IAMANELDERGEEK for Blue coins, so should make it a bit cheaper even.

Good thing I'm not awake at 2:30am or I'd have been tempted to get Warfighter despite hearing that it's pretty dire.

I can confirm that the elder geek code works on BC's like G2PO did.

If anyone wants Medal of Honor Warfighter, I have a pending order I could sell you for $17.09. Not sure how much interest there is on it, but the offer is there.

[quote name='FireS']Ravaged at 94% off for $0.62 right now...haha[/QUOTE]

$0.59 with coupon IAMANELDERGEEK - can't be too cheap!

Still not buying it...

There's no single-player content for Ravaged, so I read.

[quote name='seamoss']$0.59 with coupon IAMANELDERGEEK - can't be too cheap!

Still not buying it...[/QUOTE]

Pffsh, not cheap enough. You forgot to buy blue coins with IAMANELDERGEEK first. :newbie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back