GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys MADE me buy this, I blame you! I can't resist buying a 59 cent game with the free BC I got from purchasing stuff on GG. They fixed the price right after I bought it lol.

[quote name='macosin']Darn you guys are so lucky :/ They changed it to $2.49 right when I was going to buy it[/QUOTE]
aint touching it now

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kataztrophik']Not sure if this was on sale recently, but it was just included in Indie Gala 11 as one of the bonuses[/QUOTE]

Ah that's probably it. Thanks!

[quote name='kataztrophik']Not sure if this was on sale recently, but it was just included in Indie Gala 11 as one of the bonuses[/QUOTE]

As well as the Groupees Build A Bundle 4.

As a consequence, you could very easily get a copy for $1, and should be able to get one for 50c or less.

The whole buy three games get the 4th free is a good deal but it would actually be more useful if there were more things on sale at the same time.

Sometimes I'll see one game I want one day, then another one I want on sale another day. I am hoping they do a 'best of' day at the end when they bring a lot of their better deals back at the same time.

[quote name='janlazer']Anybody know if Exceed Collection redeems on Steam? It doesn't seem to say so anywhere.[/QUOTE]

It does not. The collection under DRM says to see the individual products. When you check at the individual entries for the Exceed games they are all coming up DRM free.

[quote name='janlazer']Anybody know if Exceed Collection redeems on Steam? It doesn't seem to say so anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I wondered the same thing last night. You have to go to each individual game's page to find out. I checked it out and they are all DRM-free. I was tempted, but I think I'm just going to wait for a Steam sale.

TL;DR - No, they are simply DRM-free downloads. :)

EDIT: D'oh, Motoki answered it already.

[quote name='Motoki']

It does not. The collection under DRM says to see the individual products. When you check at the individual entries for the Exceed games they are all coming up DRM free.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I wondered the same thing last night. You have to go to each individual game's page to find out. I checked it out and they are all DRM-free. I was tempted, but I think I'm just going to wait for a Steam sale.

TL;DR - No, they are simply DRM-free downloads. :)

EDIT: D'oh, Motoki answered it already.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, didn't follow those instructions properly. Just kept staring at the 'extended description' and wondering WHERE it said in the collection description anything about DRM. Thanks for the replies!

Some random good deals this week:

Alter Ego $1.75
Black Mirror 2 $1.75
Black Mirror III $1.75
The Whispered World $1.75
Mata Hari US $1.75
Gray Matter $2.50
Port Royale 3 $3.40
Empire: Total War $3.74
F.E.A.R. 3 $4.99
Sengoku $5.00

Remember that if you buy four games, you get the cheapest for free.

Also 5% off with IAMANELDERGEEK (assuming the code still works)

Absolutely loving this game Black Market. It was in the last Championship bundle.

Unfortunately it's not on sale right now, but maybe it will before the winter sale is over. Basically the game consists of flying to different planets and space stations (just clicking on a map with lines between locations), picking up goods to buy low and sell high, and avoiding/killing pirates on the way. The battle system is limited, but pretty cool. If you get in a fight, the game turns into a side view battle (like a shmup) where you can move left and right and fire your weapons at the enemies above you.

The battles are a bit difficult at first, but once you salvage a good weapon, you can become pretty unstoppable. Thankfully, moving to the next system usually provides an immediate jump in difficulty, so it's not too easy all the time. Really though, what sets the game apart is its writing. You play as a trader named Vincent who has woken up with no memory and an eyepatch that is actually a cybernetic implant with a living AI inside it. I've actually laughed out loud more than once at this game. The writing (especially the dialogue) is good.

Definitely worth it for $2.50, or even $5. I wasn't expecting much and this game pleasantly surprised me.

[quote name='MysterD']@Idiotekque
Is that a space-sim game like Freelancer and EgoSoft's X series of games?[/QUOTE]
Same style, but it's not a dogfighting game. It's more strategy/shmup. A bit odd.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Same style, but it's not a dogfighting game. It's more strategy/shmup. A bit odd.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Absolutely loving this game Black Market. It was in the last Championship bundle.

Unfortunately it's not on sale right now, but maybe it will before the winter sale is over. Basically the game consists of flying to different planets and space stations (just clicking on a map with lines between locations), picking up goods to buy low and sell high, and avoiding/killing pirates on the way. The battle system is limited, but pretty cool. If you get in a fight, the game turns into a side view battle (like a shmup) where you can move left and right and fire your weapons at the enemies above you.

The battles are a bit difficult at first, but once you salvage a good weapon, you can become pretty unstoppable. Thankfully, moving to the next system usually provides an immediate jump in difficulty, so it's not too easy all the time. Really though, what sets the game apart is its writing. You play as a trader named Vincent who has woken up with no memory and an eyepatch that is actually a cybernetic implant with a living AI inside it. I've actually laughed out loud more than once at this game. The writing (especially the dialogue) is good.

Definitely worth it for $2.50, or even $5. I wasn't expecting much and this game pleasantly surprised me.[/QUOTE]

Aww man, I kind of wanted it to be about being in the Russian mafia and intimidating store owners to give you Nvidia and ATI cards as tribute and then taking out the bonus game Steam keys and selling them on the internet.

So it's kind of like Recettear but scheistier and not Anime and in space?

It looks like there's a version you can play in a browser or download at the developer's site but I imagine those are demos?

http://www.bigblockgames.com/

No clue about the demos. Doesn't feel like Reccetear at all though. Think of it as a strategy space trucking simulator, but with quasi-shmup combat in between. If you've played Freelancer or X, you'd understand. It's the same idea as those, just totally different gameplay and not quite as much variation (ships, guns, etc).

Note that it does have a story, and excellent writing. It's not just trading.

[quote name='Motoki']Aww man, I kind of wanted it to be about being in the Russian mafia and intimidating store owners to give you Nvidia and ATI cards as tribute and then taking out the bonus game Steam keys and selling them on the internet.

So it's kind of like Recettear but scheistier and not Anime and in space?

It looks like there's a version you can play in a browser or download at the developer's site but I imagine those are demos?

http://www.bigblockgames.com/[/QUOTE]

From what I recall, it's not a demo, it's the full game.

[quote name='Idiotekque']
Definitely worth it for $2.50, or even $5. I wasn't expecting much and this game pleasantly surprised me.[/QUOTE]

Woo!

That game was the one reason I decided I had to grab that bundle. Nice to know it doesn't suck.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Absolutely loving this game Black Market. It was in the last Championship bundle.

You know I passed on this not being sure what it was. Now it sounds like a better version of one of my favorite games all time :(

Hopefully this pops up in another bundle soon.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You know I passed on this not being sure what it was. Now it sounds like a better version of one of my favorite games all time :(

Hopefully this pops up in another bundle soon.[/QUOTE]

Judging from this:
[quote name='Idiotekque']Hm, well someone try this.

http://www.bigblockgames.com/games/blackmarkethd/

Looks like you can download the game for free. xD[/QUOTE]

You may be the wiser of us, having not bought a free game!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Hm, well someone try this.

http://www.bigblockgames.com/games/blackmarkethd/

Looks like you can download the game for free. xD[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Judging from this:

You may be the wiser of us, having not bought a free game![/QUOTE]

DLing now! Thanks. Looking forward to it. Between KF Christmas Cheevos, TSW, and now this I am inundated with good games.

Edit:
Just DLed, installed, and started playing a little. This game does feel a lot like a new version of Gazillionaire, only better, thanks again.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Judging from this:

You may be the wiser of us, having not bought a free game![/QUOTE]

OK. I downloaded it. It's version 1.0, and it continually crashes on me. The game on Gamersgate is noted as version 1.04, and has a different filesize. I'm downloading it know and I'll let you know if it crashes on me like the one from the web page.

I seem to recall that, when I grabbed the bundle, there was a link on the page to buy the HD version. I don't see one any more.

Ah. Also, the one from the web page has a link on the bottom of the screen where you can click to buy the full version.

Hm, not sure. The version I have from GG looks really clean and good. There's really no graphics options in the game, but I wouldn't even both changing the resolution if I could. It's a pretty game, for what it is.

At least the browser based version is free.

Oblivion GOTY came out to around $4.50 with IAMANELDERGEEK + BlueCoins cashback.

The Deluxe additions are pretty pointless from what I know, so GOTY is fine for me.

Obviously, this is Steam redeemable.

I'm just pointing out that there is a Deluxe and that it comes with more DLC. (And I finally picked it up on the steam summer sale for $12.) Yes steam. Sorry, I was in a rush to get the word out since I suspect it's a price glitch.

[quote name='asheskitty']Sorry, I was in a rush to get the word out since I suspect it's a price glitch.[/QUOTE]
It has been $5 on Steam before (late July) alongside the deluxe edition for $6.24, so I don't think that it's a glitch.

[quote name='Detruire']It has been $5 on Steam before (late July) alongside the deluxe edition for $6.24, so I don't think that it's a glitch.[/QUOTE]

With my luck it'll be $3.74 on Friday on Steam.

[quote name='vherub']too bad you can only add two copies of a game, would have been nice to create an oblivion pack to split[/QUOTE]
It says to contact support if you want to buy more. May as well do so if you're interested in getting 4.

Holiday Sale officially started today (and yeah, not sure what these other sales were for? lol) anyway - 8 dailies from here until year's end and over 500 games on sale.

4 for 3 promotion is still going and the last indiefort should be launching today at some point. Some good deals to be had with 4 for 3 IMO.

Gamersgate you are just too good to us with your deals.

gamersgate.jpg

Yeah, they are still updating the price.

Like Bethesda Collection is now $95.87 which is close to 75% off every game MSRP (and it includes Skyrim and Dishonored).

If you double stack the Iamaneldergeek code and take into account the 5% blue coin cashback it comes out better than the Steam deal.

It doesn't have the Quake games, but it does replace them with Hunted and Rogue Warrior AND you can gift anything you already have in Gamersgate.

those collections are eligible for the buy 4, pay for 3 deal with the IAMANELDERGEEK coupon
so you could go 2x bethesda, and 2x square-enix collection for example

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
4 for 3 promotion is still going and the last indiefort should be launching today at some point. Some good deals to be had with 4 for 3 IMO.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I'm peeved about the BS involving the Indiefort. I've grabbed the first four, I'm just thinking maybe I should skip this last one and keep my zero dollars.

Or not. Actually, because of Zafehouse Diaries I've been looking forward to this one, and likely still would have bought even without the 100% discount.

The user review on the Defender's Quest page is pretty awesome. Fallen Enchantress for $8 is a pretty sweet deal too since it is a Steamworks title and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back