GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see EA is devaluing their IP by putting Sims Medieval 70% off @ $8.99 on Gamersgate.

Decent price but I think I'll wait and see if it goes 75% on the Steam summer sale as I'd rather have it on Steam.

[quote name='Motoki']I see EA is devaluing their IP by putting Sims Medieval 70% off @ $8.99 on Gamersgate.

Decent price but I think I'll wait and see if it goes 75% on the Steam summer sale as I'd rather have it on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Oh crap... I was gonna buy it at full price but now I see they put it on sale. I don't think I want it anymore.

Hmm, they just added The Last Remnant (Steamworks) at $14.99 regular price so presumably when they do a Square Enix sale it may go cheaper.

[quote name='Motoki']Hmm, they just added The Last Remnant (Steamworks) at $14.99 regular price so presumably when they do a Square Enix sale it may go cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Finally! The pricing on this game is retarded. I've waited this long so I'll wait for 3.75 now.

[quote name='Motoki']Hmm, they just added The Last Remnant (Steamworks) at $14.99 regular price so presumably when they do a Square Enix sale it may go cheaper.[/QUOTE]

It might, but I guess it's still up to the publisher. Square Enix seems to think that it sells well enough at $15. Maybe they'll have a price mistake LOL, they have in the past ;)

Wow, GamersGate site coding is a total turn off.

You have to verify your email before purchasing anything. Multiple attempts to receive one of the e-mails ended is failure; wasn't sent to main inbox nor spam.

Next day, tried another address. This time I received the verification, but site can't log me it. I've used Steam, Green Man Gaming, Impulse, Direct2Drive, and Origin along with a handful of indie bundles without a single problem. Yet, GamersGate won't even take my money.

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is $9.99, and the 4-pack is $29.96. With the IGN discount, the 4-pack is $25. Great deal IMO.

[quote name='sunghost']Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is $9.99, and the 4-pack is $29.96. With the IGN discount, the 4-pack is $25. Great deal IMO.[/QUOTE]

For DRM it says GFWL requires 3rd Party DRM and Account - does that mean you have to take your key to GFWL and DL it there? I don't think I've ever played a GFWL game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']For DRM it says GFWL requires 3rd Party DRM and Account - does that mean you have to take your key to GFWL and DL it there? I don't think I've ever played a GFWL game.[/QUOTE]

I bought it earlier today. You download it using the gamersgate downloader, install it, then activate it with your gfwl account when you start the game for the first time.

I sort of wished that it added it to my list of games in the gfwl marketplace application, but oh well. I don't see any way of doing that (I'd be happy if I was wrong).

GFWL is really half assed. It's like the took they DRM part of Steam but none of the good points.

I'm tempted to get in on a 4 pack w/ IGN discount but the whole GFWL thing is a real turn off.

[quote name='pROvIs']How does gifting work on Gamer's Gate? I haven't done it before.[/QUOTE]

Gifting is real easy. You buy a four pack and then you just need the person's email. You gift the game to that person's email and they receive an email where they are able to redeem the game and either DL, activate the key on steam, etc.

I'm willing to host a 4-pack with the discount if enough people are interested. Just PM me.

does anyone know if Lego Batman 2 from gamersgate activates on steam? I read some post that the retail version is steamworks, but would like to confirm if anyone has bought it

Question about Order of War since it is the deal of the day. The steam version comes with the order of war challenge pack automatically. Is that the same thing that the gamergates description is talking about with the bonus content?

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay in updating. Just got back from a music festival so I didn't have time. It always seems like this thread gets the most attention when I don't update. Go figure. :p Anyway, today is the last day of the current sales. I'll post the new ones tomorrow.

[quote name='Terlan']Question about Order of War since it is the deal of the day. The steam version comes with the order of war challenge pack automatically. Is that the same thing that the gamergates description is talking about with the bonus content?[/QUOTE]
I believe so. From the challenge pack description on Steam... "If you already own Order of War, this add-on will be installed automatically upon release. Please do not purchase it." Since GG sells the Steam version it looks like you would get this for free as well. I'm not 100% positive though.

[quote name='pROvIs']How does gifting work on Gamer's Gate? I haven't done it before.[/QUOTE]
I'll get this answered in the FAQ. :)

Just a warning about the Sims expansions. Just bought ambitions and when I tried to view the serial it popped up a message saying they were out of serials. WTF?? The should say that before I buy it....

It's Nordic Week y'all!

Today's Daily is the Gothic Collection (Gothic I, II, III, and expansions) for $4.99 DRM free.

Sounds like a good deal for a lot of game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's Nordic Week y'all!

Today's Daily is the Gothic Collection (Gothic I, II, III, and expansions) for $4.99 DRM free.

Sounds like a good deal for a lot of game.[/QUOTE]

I've heard good things about Painkiller. If I wanted a complete collection of all the single player content only, I should be purchasing Painkiller Black Edition, correct?

[quote name='Bosamba']I've heard good things about Painkiller. If I wanted a complete collection of all the single player content only, I should be purchasing Painkiller Black Edition, correct?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the original one. Everything else is fan made mods or expansions repackaged by the publisher. The DRM on that one though lists "Other DRM" so I am not sure what that means. Also it was recently 2.49 on Steam I think so I would either wait for the Steam sale or wait to see what the dailies will be this week to see if it drops more.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's Nordic Week y'all!

Sounds like a good deal for a lot of game.[/QUOTE]

Also, the original Black Mirror is tucked in there as well for $5.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Also, the original Black Mirror is tucked in there as well for $5.[/QUOTE]

You know, I saw it, BUT since I am playing it through VOID right now I assumed that was what most people were doing.

You guys want free GamersGate gifts? I'm giving some away here.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']And today Painkiller complete is the daily at $4.80 so it is cheaper than Black Edition and comes with all the expansions.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-PKCP/painkiller-complete-pack-bundle[/QUOTE]
I didn't realize it's the whole series. Nice. I heard things went downhill after the first 2 but can't really complain for under $5.

The complete series for The Guild is also available tomorrow. Probably picking that up.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']You guys want free GamersGate gifts? I'm giving some away here.

I didn't realize it's the whole series. Nice. I heard things went downhill after the first 2 but can't really complain for under $5.

The complete series for The Guild is also available tomorrow. Probably picking that up.[/QUOTE]

Yeah,
That's a really good value for the Black edition and the expansions. The xpansions have mixed reviews, but they are essentially free in this deal.

Thanks for always updating the OP, I am picking up Alan Wake on Sunday with my discount and Blue Coins!

[quote name='jatan11t']Anyone played this game before?
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-STWC/save-the-world-collection
It's only 10 cents[/QUOTE]

Wow, ten cents? Hmmm, if I have any blue coins left after Alan Wake tomorrow I might get it. minus 15% would make it 8 cents?

[quote name='voken']Any opinion on the current daily? The Guild collection seems interesting.[/QUOTE]

I've never played the series, but heard good things from everyone who has.

well this is quite annoying. Instead of giving you a discount, Alan Wake is one of the games where your ign discount is given back in the form of blue coin cashback. So I don't have enough blue coins (even though I would if they just gave me the discount straight up). Oh well, looks like I'll have to pass on it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']well this is quite annoying. Instead of giving you a discount, Alan Wake is one of the games where your ign discount is given back in the form of blue coin cashback. So I don't have enough blue coins (even though I would if they just gave me the discount straight up). Oh well, looks like I'll have to pass on it.[/QUOTE]

It'll probably be slightly cheaper during the summer Steam sale in a few days anyway, best to wait until then.

[quote name='sunghost']It'll probably be slightly cheaper during the summer Steam sale in a few days anyway, best to wait until then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I expect a 75% off during the summer sale. I was going to buy it anyways if it could of all been just my blue coins, but if I have to pay for it I'll just pass on it.

It won't let me buy it with Paypal. Only that other thing Rixie or something. It will let me use Paypal for other stuff but that is the only option I have for Alan Wake.

[quote name='windsmere']It won't let me buy it with Paypal. Only that other thing Rixie or something. It will let me use Paypal for other stuff but that is the only option I have for Alan Wake.[/QUOTE]

Same here, what's up with this?

[quote name='windsmere']It won't let me buy it with Paypal. Only that other thing Rixie or something. It will let me use Paypal for other stuff but that is the only option I have for Alan Wake.[/QUOTE]
Alan Wake seems to be a bit of an enigma. It's the one product that gives the IGN discount back in blue coins rather than reducing the cost. I didn't even realize it can't be purchased with PayPal but sure enough I tried it and I can't.

I'm going to ask GG why exactly it's like that. It will probably be too little too late if I even do get a response, but oh well. I think I might also just reach out to them and see if I can get any sort of presence from them on CAG. Worth a shot.

If you really want the deal you can always buy 12000 blue coins with PayPal and pay with those.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Alan Wake seems to be a bit of an enigma. It's the one product that gives the IGN discount back in blue coins rather than reducing the cost. I didn't even realize it can't be purchased with PayPal but sure enough I tried it and I can't.

I'm going to ask GG why exactly it's like that. It will probably be too little too late if I even do get a response, but oh well. I think I might also just reach out to them and see if I can get any sort of presence from them on CAG. Worth a shot.

If you really want the deal you can always buy 12000 blue coins with PayPal and pay with those.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was weird too. I was going to send them an email or whatever but figured it seemed, like you said, too little too late. Probably just wait till later now. I seen a hard copy at Wal-Mart couple weeks ago for $15 and talk myself out of it. So when I seen this I thought sure but I'm kinda over it now ha. I didn't even think about the points earlier or would have just done that.

I don't think that it will activate on steam no. I also doubt that it will get a daily discount, as it doesn't even have the 40% discount that most of the other paradox games have.

They never put that damned ship simulator on sale I don't think. The only reason I have it on Steam is because it came in the Paradox pack last year when the Steam publisher packs were still complete packs.

[quote name='TripJack']I don't think that it will activate on steam no. I also doubt that it will get a daily discount, as it doesn't even have the 40% discount that most of the other paradox games have.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']They never put that damned ship simulator on sale I don't think. The only reason I have it on Steam is because it came in the Paradox pack last year when the Steam publisher packs were still complete packs.[/QUOTE]

Oh well :( I was hoping for a complete pack sale, but it doesn't look likely. I just picked up a boxed copy for $4.20 which is actually steam activated, but was going to return it if this went on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back