GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='kiwimonster']It is 10:00pm in Stockholm right now probably wont see anything till tomorrow is my guess. Unless they have people working around the clock for customer service.[/QUOTE]

They don't.

I sent a support ticket 6 days ago because PayPal automatically reversed my payment from the Bethesda pack, since there was not news about not honoring the price or disabling the keys and I wanted to keep the pack I asked them to reissue me a new invoice so I was able to make the payment again.

No response so far.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I bought the original $15 BL2 and it's still in my Steam library. Maybe he means the key wouldn't activate when he tried it.

Hey, on the plus side, I still have my bonus Blue Coins! :D[/QUOTE]

I imagine that'll be their compensation. Hey, we're sorry we wasted your time and took back your games, but uh, you can keep the blue coins! You can spend them on our next price glitch!

I've been researching and haven't been able to find any situation historically where keys have been revoked for any reason other then hacked or cracked keys. This would be a first, I do believe.

I just decided to close the ticket I had for the refund on the Bethesda pack. I will just see where it goes. I guess I will submit one down the line if the game disappears from my collection and I don't get a refund.

I will add my annoyances to the list...

I am annoyed only because I made buying choices based on the bundle purchase thinking I now owned the Bethesda pack because of the January key notice and therefore passed on sales at other sites for some of the games. They held my $30 for 5 days too which is a bit lame.

Okay, I am also annoyed because I didn't own any of the games either and was excited to add them all to my backlog. :lol:

[quote name='jeff1304']Well they just revoked a borderlands steam key I gave to my friend from the $15 single game .... How nice .....[/QUOTE]

Revoked from his Steam account or from your GG account?, if they're revoking keys that were already activated on Steam then there's a shit storm coming :lol:

So did anyone get a refund for a 4pack after already using a key? I could of had a better deal at GMG if they aren't going to refund me and take everything away (I paid $22.50).

"So basically gamersgate ENTERED IN MY HOUSE and took the games I bought? Because is digital doesnt mean you can do whatever you want "

This one is kinda priceless lol, least this is entertaining.

Crap, now I am wondering if I should get on splashtop and keep Dishonored running all day while I'm at work in case it gets yanked. :p

I figure it might be helpful to share some experience with cancellation waves and rumors.

1. Cancellations typically occur in waves.

2. People, especially those who were not able to get on the deal, love trolling reddit and other sites putting out false information.

3. Because everyone is on edge on whether their order will get cancelled, the trolling spreads like wildfire and is treated like gospel.

So, if your stuff is getting cancelled, you will probably know it because the forums will be blowing up with people all reporting how their order/purchase just got cancelled who were in the same situation as you. But if you see one or two posts saying they got cancelled and everyone is freaking out but nothing has happened for a while, then it's probably a troll.

Unfortunately for our high-ADHD community, we now have to do something very difficult. Wait and see what happens.

Screaming at the company on its facebook page or twitter account is typically a waste of time. Believe me, plenty of other folks will do that for you.

I have never seen a lawyer take up these matters as a class action. But it seems like every third post is from someone who slept at a Holiday Inn.

I hope this helps out with the stress levels of those who have not experienced this sort of thing. I've been through several so far, including the Great HP Touchpad Firesale of 2011 which was a complete clusterfuck involving almost every online retailer pissing people off. They all are a little different but how the forums react is pretty much the same. Fear, greed, panic, rage.

Goddamn I love the Internet.

[quote name='jrodri86']Revoked from his Steam account or from your GG account?, if they're revoking keys that were already activated on Steam then there's a shit storm coming :lol:[/QUOTE]

From steam is what he said il talk to him some more tonight.

[quote name='Motoki']Crap, now I am wondering if I should get on splashtop and keep Dishonored running all day while I'm at work in case it gets yanked. :p[/QUOTE]
Won't matter because GamersGate will break into your house and turn it off.

[quote name='nategator']including the Great HP Touchpad Firesale of 2011 which was a complete clusterfuck involving almost every online retailer pissing people off.[/QUOTE]
I was second in line at Best Buy that morning, n00b. "Online retailer"... you gotta be serious about this stuff!

[quote name='nategator']been through several so far, including the Great HP Touchpad Firesale of 2011 which was a complete clusterfuck involving almost every online retailer pissing people off. They all are a little different but how the forums react is pretty much the same. Fear, greed, panic, rage.

Goddamn I love the Internet.[/QUOTE]

I realize this is veering a bit off topic but bought two Touchpads at K-Mart.com for $600 each when some of the other retailers had already lowered the price. Once K-Mart did the same I called their customer service and was able to get the price adjusted down to $149 (I got the 32GB ones) without any hassles.

I realize this was different than what a lot of other people experienced. But I guess my point is that some retailers handle their clusterfraks better than others.

I don't have a lot of faith Gamersgate in that department and their communication really sucks because they tend to do things and THEN tell people instead of the other way around, but we'll see what happens I guess.

[quote name='jeff1304']From steam is what he said il talk to him some more tonight.[/QUOTE]

I feel like if this were really happening, you'd get dozens of people complaining about it.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Won't matter because GamersGate will break into your house and turn it off.

I was second in line at Best Buy that morning, n00b. "Online retailer"... you gotta be serious about this stuff![/QUOTE]

I got two HP Touchpads, one from HP and the other from MacMall from Amazon. I think only 8% of us ended up getting our ordered honored by MacMall. I would have gotten a third since I was part of the slickdeals group that was staking out HP after we caught wind of the firesale happening in Canada late in the evening, but that one got cancelled because of a credit card billing address issue.

I don't wait in line at BB. Never had to and probably never will.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Won't matter because GamersGate will break into your house and turn it off.
[/QUOTE]

They have spies everywhere!

Note to self: Skip the pancake Breakfast at the Swedish Cultural Center Secret Gamersgate Base this weekend

[quote name='Motoki']I realize this is veering a bit off topic but bought two Touchpads at K-Mart.com for $600 each when some of the other retailers had already lowered the price. Once K-Mart did the same I called their customer service and was able to get the price adjusted down to $149 (I got the 32GB ones) without any hassles.

I realize this was different than what a lot of other people experienced. But I guess my point is that some retailers handle their clusterfraks better than others.

I don't have a lot of faith Gamersgate in that department and their communication really sucks because they tend to do things and THEN tell people instead of the other way around, but we'll see what happens I guess.[/QUOTE]

Barnes and Nobles gave out $25 GCs for their cancellations, but it was selective -- you had to have purchased some stuff from the store as well. They really took care of the folks that paid full freight for the HP Touchpad before the firesale, but you were a small group and HP covered the discount so it cost the retailer nothing.

[quote name='Motoki']Uhh, you go for it.

And let us know in a couple of weeks how it worked out for you. ;)

Although, if someone wants some more entertainment, you could always post it at Slickdeals...:cool:[/QUOTE]

Nah, looks overpriced by about a buck. Would never get voted up.

[quote name='nategator']I figure it might be helpful to share some experience with cancellation waves and rumors.

1. Cancellations typically occur in waves.

2. People, especially those who were not able to get on the deal, love trolling reddit and other sites putting out false information.

3. Because everyone is on edge on whether their order will get cancelled, the trolling spreads like wildfire and is treated like gospel.

So, if your stuff is getting cancelled, you will probably know it because the forums will be blowing up with people all reporting how their order/purchase just got cancelled who were in the same situation as you. But if you see one or two posts saying they got cancelled and everyone is freaking out but nothing has happened for a while, then it's probably a troll.

Unfortunately for our high-ADHD community, we now have to do something very difficult. Wait and see what happens.

Screaming at the company on its facebook page or twitter account is typically a waste of time. Believe me, plenty of other folks will do that for you.

I have never seen a lawyer take up these matters as a class action. But it seems like every third post is from someone who slept at a Holiday Inn.

I hope this helps out with the stress levels of those who have not experienced this sort of thing. I've been through several so far, including the Great HP Touchpad Firesale of 2011 which was a complete clusterfuck involving almost every online retailer pissing people off. They all are a little different but how the forums react is pretty much the same. Fear, greed, panic, rage.

Goddamn I love the Internet.[/QUOTE]

And in your experience, keys are usually revoked? and im not talking about leaked keys, im mean the ones we paid for.

[quote name='nategator']I don't wait in line at BB. Never had to and probably never will.[/QUOTE]
Eh, it meant getting there an hour before they opened and having my TP on Day One of the fire sale without having to deal with any of the other hassles. Was well worth it as opposed to fighting to be one of the 8% getting their orders fulfilled :lol:

I'm wondering, if activated keys are revoked, what kind of mess will ensue regarding all the trades and sales that people engaged in with Bethesda and BL2 keys?

I just want to know if this international transaction charge is going to be refunded as well. I didn't request the refund, so that should come back to me right?

Question: has anyone who redeemed all the Bethesda keys gotten an email/refund?

So far the only people I've seen get refunds were those who didn't redeem any of the games or only a few. This is definitely an extrapolation on my part but I wonder if there's something to it. If GamersGate really has no intention on delivering on the missing keys they may be obligated to issue refunds even if some of the keys have been redeemed. Yes, you still got a hell of a lot out of your $30 if you redeemed even just Skyrim and Dishonored, but since you didn't get everything advertised in the pack they could be held liable for it. Question is, will they also revoke the keys people already redeemed?

On the other hand, people who have already redeemed everything they may be able to leave alone. They already fulfilled their responsibility, even if they lost a lot of money.

I guess I'm just wondering since I redeemed all my Bethesda keys already, if I should've held off on redeeming say, Rogue Warrior, and got a full refund + kept all the games I already activated, OR if it was good I activated everything because now they'll leave me alone.

Or maybe they'll refund and revoke everyone. :roll:

Patrician Pack was $1.14 with ElderGeek coupon! :lol:

I bought it since I had the 1,140 blue coins anyway so worst they'll do is shuffle my BC's back.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Eh, it meant getting there an hour before they opened and having my TP on Day One of the fire sale without having to deal with any of the other hassles. Was well worth it as opposed to fighting to be one of the 8% getting their orders fulfilled :lol:[/QUOTE]

I tried like 3 brick and mortar stores and they were all out then I was like 'God damn it there are way too many nerds in Seattle who go on the internet and know about shit like this' so I just paid full price at Kmart.com figured they'd either have to adjust the price or it was getting returned to the store.

I was ready to have to fight with them over it but to my surpise they didn't hassle me at all.

[quote name='mnemnoch']I wonder how will they refund me if I use my CC not my paypal account?[/QUOTE]

Is this a serious question? They'll just refund your card.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']This looks disgusting.

Well, I bought it anyway. Who wants it?[/QUOTE]

Love strategy games. If your looking to unload it I'll grab it. Can you give you my extra key to Indie Game the Movie if you want.

[quote name='Motoki']I tried like 3 brick and mortar stores and they were all out then I was like 'God damn it there are way too many nerds in Seattle who go on the internet and know about shit like this' so I just paid full price at Kmart.com figured they'd either have to adjust the price or it was getting returned to the store.[/QUOTE]
My HP Story:
I had almost the opposite experience. I saw the news stories the night before and casually mentioned it to my wife the next morning. As in "Hey, you know those goofy commercials with Russell Brand? They're already discontinuing them" and she said "Hey, you should go buy one then". I went to BB an hour early prepared to wait in some long line or just go home if there was a ton of people there and there was no one. So I waited in my car, listening to the radio and eventually saw one guy standing there. I went up and he said he was waiting on them, we asked a few employees entering and they all shrugged and eventually a small line formed behind us. Maybe about 20-30 people. Then when we got in and I finished my purchase, the line was nearly to the front door.

Anyway, very little effort on my part for a great deal so I don't regret waiting at all. Bought one off Woot this last spring and saved it for my 13 year old for Christmas (with CM9, obviously). Still the best 10" Android tablet $150 can buy although once one of them fails, it's getting replaced with a "real" Android tablet.

[quote name='Tsel']Is this a serious question? They'll just refund your card.[/QUOTE]

Well I never encounter a refund so I have no idea whats the process is like. Gonna call my card then.

[quote name='ddearce']And in your experience, keys are usually revoked? and im not talking about leaked keys, im mean the ones we paid for.[/QUOTE]

I've personally never been involved with a potential cancellation of this magnitude involving digital good serials that were released and activated. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

The closest I've been able to find was the Dead Island debacle. But there the publisher was involved in the sales and had the power to revoke. Here, Bethesda wasn't directly involved in the sales so I believe GG has to get the publisher to revoke the keys that were activated. Beth may or may not do this for them depending on their relationship, whether Beth wants to piss off a lot of customers, and whether they want a lot of activations that were done way below the price they allow the resellers to sell at.

The fact that GG at first appeared to be honoring the sales makes me think that they are pessimistic that they could get Beth to cancel the authorized copies. That presents a problem because what do you do with the partially authorized bundles? Do you refund and cancel what keys you can? Do you leave them alone? Do you cancel everything you can and try to keep the money?

But since it was the holidays, all of the decision makers could have been out of the office and the minions were just trying to tread water until they got back. Now that the bosses and supervisors are back we're seeing GG willing to piss off a lot of folks.

It could go either way, honestly. We'll just have to sit tight.

gamers Gate Staff :

se.linkedin.com/pub/ioana-manea/25/6b/650/
linkedin.com/in/adamkline
se.linkedin.com/in/gustavnisser

lol

Lol damn just read all those pages...

Still have my Bethesda pack and the BL2 4-pack. Still have the two keys and the one gifted to myself not showing, which after reading, is probably not coming...will sell the other key to my friend then. It's not unreasonable if they stop giving the keys out but to revoke them, that will definitely cause some disorientation among the mass amounts of 'buyers' lol.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Damn, I purchased a Stardock bundle from somebody and sold a Bethesda pack to another.

I don't know if any of you remember, but back in June of 2011, Ubisoft had a glitch where you could get several different games on their site for free; some of these activated on Steam (RUSE, etc.). I remember after everything settled and emails were given, my games eventually disappeared from my Steam library. So it is possible that they can revoke them from Steam itself.[/QUOTE]

anarchyoblivion, I've got your back for your transaction with me O:)

I'll contact you if they do anything at all on my end. Let me know if you have any issues. So far, the keys I've activated still work, ZERO contact from GG, no change in my inventory screen.

Later!
TMG

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually had 2 HP touchpads delivered by onsale. They actually sent me an email saying i was "one of the lucky ones". Ordered them on my smartphone while on vacation. Good times.

[quote name='theemadgamer']anarchyoblivion, I've got your back for your transaction with me O:)

I'll contact you if they do anything at all on my end. Let me know if have any issues. So far, the keys I've activated still work, ZERO contact from GG, no change in my inventory screen.

Later!
TMG[/QUOTE]

For sure, not worried at all... just extra BS to deal with. I sold at least 5 keys a la carte and a an entire Beth pack. I'll be contacting my buyers as well.

The moral of the story.... don't ever, and I mean ever fuck with the Swedes.

WTF!

I had purchased 2 Beth packs (NOT Pending actually purchased. I had one with keys and a second giftable copy )and now my giftable copy is GONE

[quote name='Syntax Error']What am I supposed to do with that? Email them a box of scorpions?[/QUOTE]

Lol, nothing, i just wanted to know the guys, and shared with anyone who feel the same.
Its a small company it seems, no more than 8 employees.
It almost make me feel sorry for them.

almost.

[quote name='Syntax Error']What am I supposed to do with that? Email them a box of scorpions?[/QUOTE]
Well....you don't HAVE to. But if, you know, you have a box lyin' around....and some scorpions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back