GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='xRidley']Right this is CAG and not reddit or whatever site that's popular these days for basement dwellers to post stupid ass meme shit is.[/QUOTE]

My-Little-Pony-Derp.gif

[quote name='The End']I would prefer that they don't revoke keys that have already been activated. But I guess it's probably a good idea to cancel and refund orders where keys haven't been given out yet. It sets a precedent, and from here on out whenever they have a price mistake (and they're sure to have more), a lot of people's first reaction is gonna be, "why bother? They're only gonna cancel my order".[/QUOTE]

Well, I think these two will be extreme cases where way too many people got in on the deal than should have, if they do end up revoking the keys. Worst case, though, is that you'll have your money in blue coins with no game(s), which isn't that bad.

[quote name='Severose']Well, I think these two will be extreme cases where way too many people got in on the deal than should have, if they do end up revoking the keys. Worst case, though, is that you'll have your money in blue coins with no game(s), which isn't that bad.[/QUOTE]

Revoking keys is not so great of an idea. Especially since trading/selling keys is so prevalent.

[quote name='rayshon1']amen

preach it, brother

mmmmm[/QUOTE]

LMAO.

anyways, so I got the two keys initially, but looks like they not gonna honor the rest of the pack. sort of understandable. don't mind 2 copies BL2 for $22. Gonna split the other with a friend of mine.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Ghost Recon is still in my library, I can download it but Uplay wants a key and GG doesn't provide one :cry:[/QUOTE]

I've got the same thing. Seeing as they didn't say anything about Ghost Recon, we'll probably be able to get a key without a hitch once the rage-wave passes. ;)

[quote name='Syntax Error']Ghost Recon is still in my library, I can download it but Uplay wants a key and GG doesn't provide one :cry:[/QUOTE]
How do you redeem keys on U-play? I downloaded it the otherday but couldn't find any options to do so.

[quote name='buckythekat']BL2 4-pack still shows up on my account but I never got any keys so I guess I'll be getting refunded?[/QUOTE]
Have you tried gifting it to yourself?

[quote name='MrBonk']The keys or the button on the side that says "gift this" ?[/QUOTE]

The keys. If anyone hasn't gifted the "gift only" copies by now, they won't get keys for them. I tried it a few hours ago.

[quote name='sunghost']The keys. If anyone hasn't gifted the "gift only" copies by now, they won't get keys for them. I tried it a few hours ago.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Malibuz0r']What did I miss? Can someone quickly summarize what happened in the last 30~ pages? :eek:[/QUOTE]

You're under arrest.

[quote name='Severose']Yes, I work for GamersGate. I'm trying to shut you up so you don't reveal our master plans to ruin PC gaming prices.

If that didn't work for you, then here's another explanation:

I'm not "white-knighting" them. I have no idea how or why you would take it that way, but I can assure you that nothing I said could be taken in that way.

I don't get offended to people complaining about their support. Why would I, their support hasn't done anything to indicate "shittiness". It's the pricing errors that are the problem, not their support. Get the facts straight.

But of course, why do I even dignify your posts with a response when you Shaq-fu that often? Maybe I should stop here.

EDIT: Yeah, better stop here. You just proved that you're a douchebag. ;)

Here you are, on CAG (a game deals site made for nerds who are too much about prices for games and/or buying ridiculous amounts of games), calling people nerds. Doesn't take much effort, and if you think that's an insult, you're sadly mistaken. ;)[/QUOTE]

There's always one of these guys. Don't feed him and eventually he'll get bored and go away.

[quote name='Malibuz0r']What did I miss? Can someone quickly summarize what happened in the last 30~ pages? :eek:[/QUOTE]
Silly Sweeds made a bunch of price errors.
Tons of people swarmed the sites to buy them.
They ran out of keys.

They say they will give keys in January, offer refunds if you want them.

Make moar price errors, people flood site again

This time they completely take away many people's purchases refunding them.
AND THEN they go back and revoke purchases for one of the earlier price errors if you hadn't redeemed any keys yet AFTER they say they will give Keys in January.

But nothing can do because they are within their legal right.

My guess is either they realized this would be bad if they did honor purchases. Or Bethesda threw a fit(Not unlikely.)

Net effect, nothing actually happened.

[quote name='Lemstar']We all got some blue coins![/QUOTE]
Have they mentioned anything about this? In the email they mentioned some kind of compensation

[quote name='MrBonk']Silly Sweeds made a bunch of price errors.
Tons of people swarmed the sites to buy them.
They ran out of keys.

They say they will give keys in January, offer refunds if you want them.

Make moar price errors, people flood site again

This time they completely take away many people's purchases refunding them.
AND THEN they go back and revoke purchases for one of the earlier price errors if you hadn't redeemed any keys yet AFTER they say they will give Keys in January.

But nothing can do because they are within their legal right.

My guess is either they realized this would be bad if they did honor purchases. Or Bethesda threw a fit(Not unlikely.)[/QUOTE]

Was it just Borderlands 2 and Ghost Recon: FS for pricing errors today?
Or was there more?

In fairness, without the IGN discount, pricing errors would probably be the only reason I would be visiting the site since their prices of games are not lower than Steam, GMG, or Amazon.

[quote name='Lemstar']We all got some blue coins![/QUOTE]

My IGN Pet leveled up.

[quote name='voken']In fairness, without the IGN discount, pricing errors would probably be the only reason I would be visiting the site since their prices of games are not lower than Steam, GMG, or Amazon.[/QUOTE]

+1.

Does anybody know if the Season Pass is region locked? Over on Green Man Gaming they have Borderlands 2 on sale for 50% off, and I noticed that they specify that the game & DLC are (NA).

I bought the season pass through the UK site last night & now I'm concerned. I'm still entertaining the notion of selling the Season Pass, so simply checking the key to see if it works isn't the best option.

[quote name='MysterD']Was it just Borderlands 2 and Ghost Recon: FS for pricing errors today?
Or was there more?[/QUOTE]

The Bethesda Pack from about a week ago (Skyrim, Dishonored, New Vegas UE, Rage....)

[quote name='MysterD']Was it just Borderlands 2 and Ghost Recon: FS for pricing errors today?
Today there was just that. And I think some other game (that I can't recall)

In the last week or two it's been a Bethesda pack for 27.32 that has 11 games (Dishonored,Brink complete,RAGE,Doom 3 BFG,Morrowind GOTY,Oblivion GOTY DE,Skyrim,Rouge Warrior,Fallout 3 GOTY,Fallout New Vegas UE and Hunted the Demon's forge)

Dungeons and Dragon's pack(Both Baldur's Gate games and expansions, both Icewind Dale games and expansions, planescape torment and another game) for 4.99 when it was supposed to be 9.99$ (Unless this was not an error, correct me if i'm wrong)

I think the Command and Conquer pack was mispriced at 12.49$ too.

[quote name='MrBonk']Today there was just that. And I think some other game (that I can't recall)

In the last week or two it's been a Bethesda pack for 27.32 that has 11 games (Dishonored,Brink complete,RAGE,Doom 3 BFG,Morrowind GOTY,Oblivion GOTY DE,Skyrim,Rouge Warrior,Fallout 3 GOTY,Fallout New Vegas UE and Hunted the Demon's forge)

Dungeons and Dragon's pack(Both Baldur's Gate games and expansions, both Icewind Dale games and expansions, planescape torment and another game) for 4.99 when it was supposed to be 9.99$ (Unless this was not an error, correct me if i'm wrong)

I think the Command and Conquer pack was mispriced at 12.49$ too.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it was. And the Stardock pack was also mispriced @ $25 the same time as the Bethesda ones.

*Edit: Oh and Alan Wake's New American Nightmare was mispriced too cheap one night too.

*Edit2: Oh yeah Viking too. Damn, they did a lot of this didn't they?

There's been a few other minor ones IIRC like Patrician and a couple of other games but I didn't pay them much mind since they weren't Steam (or Origin) and doubt many other people did either. They just aren't as easy to sell or trade.

Also, unlike Baldur's etc, they didn't look that great.

Here is a summary, chronologically:

Pricing Error (some indie game): :)
Bethesda Pack pricing error?: :bs:
Bethesda Pack pricing error confirmed: :shock:
Be quiet about it: :whistle2:$
EDIT: Tell the world! :dunce:
GamersGate servers: :spam:'d
Select few don't get keys: :whistle2:(
BL2 pricing error?: =P~
BL2 pricing error confirmed ($11.XX): :hot:
BL2 pricing error confirmed ($5.XX): :joystick:
Some get their keys: :beer:
Be quiet about it: :whistle2:$
Tell the world: :whee:
Some didn't get keys again: :headache:
GamersGate servers: :error:
GamersGate servers go down: :whistle2:|
Servers back up, many orders cancelled: :argue:
Cue the whiners: :baby:
Some with no refunds, no games: :censored:
Cue the paranoia: :puke:
People: Can I has games and you take money, please, GamersGate?: :shame:
People: fuck
Cue the hate: :bomb:
Cue the depression: :wall:
Cue the desperation: :pray:
Maybe GamersGate support will help?: :idea:
GamersGate support: :no:
People: :fridge:
GamersGate: :booty:
More whining (people): :whistle2:x
Others: :-({|=
People: :boxing:
Others: :imwithst:
People: :roll:

[quote name='Detruire']Viking was one.[/QUOTE]
Oh was it? hah I guess it was considering I picked up for free with my blue-coins at 2.49

[quote name='MrBonk']Oh was it? hah I guess it was considering I picked up for free with my blue-coins at 2.49[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It was up for 6 hours or so at that price.

[quote name='jrodri86']The Bethesda Pack from about a week ago (Skyrim, Dishonored, New Vegas UE, Rage....)[/QUOTE]

I knew about that, yes.
I was asking about today's incidents specifically.

Color me pissed. I sold my 360 copy of Dishonored under the guise that I would have a PC version for my shiny new gaming PC. Now I have neither and got screwed because they lied about the January keys...... They better sell me a real cheap copy of Dishonored (the only game in the Beth pack I REALLY wanted, the others just made it a nicer sell... Skyrim being a distant #2).

[quote name='hatefish']So the Bethesda Pack, any word on games removed from steam library?[/QUOTE]

I wanna say that as long as you redeemed all or most of the pack (at least the big games Dishonored and Skyrim) you're good. If you didn't redeem anything or just a couple games then you get a refund. I don't know about games being pulled though.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm curious too.

[quote name='nosferatu51']They better sell me a real cheap copy of Dishonored (the only game in the Beth pack I REALLY wanted, the others just made it a nicer sell... Skyrim being a distant #2).[/QUOTE]
197956562.jpg

[quote name='hatefish']So the Bethesda Pack, any word on games removed from steam library?[/QUOTE]

None so far on here or reddit.

They're refunding/pulling games from GG library for folks that only got a few serials or no serials.

But since it doesn't look like they've done anything with BL2 other than kick out the easily refunded orders (no keys), there will probably be another big wave tomorrow -- either late evening or in the morning like today -- that may give us a better idea of how this will all shake out.

[quote name='nategator']None so far on here or reddit.

They're refunding/pulling games from GG library for folks that only got a few serials or no serials.

But since it doesn't look like they've done anything with BL2 other than kick out the easily refunded orders (no keys), there will probably be another big wave tomorrow -- either late evening or in the morning like today -- that may give us a better idea of how this will all shake out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah because actually, you know, communicating with their customers is just too difficult.

Sorry, it just bugs me. The not knowing kind of sucks and with all the social media and other various outlets available there's really not much excuse for it.

Wait, I got a refund for Future Soldier $2.70. But nothing for Borderlands 2. They removed it from my library but I guess though I could just wait for my money back. Future Soldier is still in my library, but no key.

I got the keys for all but rage and rogue and they gave me a full refund. Skyrim, dishonored and doom are activated on steam. Not sure the logic so far. I would think I'm a legitimate candidate for no refund.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah because actually, you know, communicating with their customers is just too difficult.

Sorry, it just bugs me. The not knowing kind of sucks and with all the social media and other various outlets available there's really not much excuse for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it sucks.

I think some companies believe if the drag the entire process out with little to no communication, then folks will either (a) give up and ask for a refund or (b) be less upset and let it go.

What they fail to understand is unlike the B&M world, a lot of people seethe off each other on the forums for days and days. Those guys waiting around right now are the ones that later take the opportunity to trash the company any chance they get when others are bringing up future offers, etc.

Best to just bite the bullet, announce what they are going to do, and move on. Dragging it out can turn possible empathy into hatred. But looking at GMG's body of work so far you can't expect competency now.

[quote name='nategator']What they fail to understand is unlike the B&M world, a lot of people seethe off each other on the forums for days and days. Those guys waiting around right now are the ones that later take the opportunity to trash the company any chance they get when others are bringing up future offers, etc.[/QUOTE]
Inform your customers: get bashed for reneging.
Leave your customers in the dark: get bashed for reneging, lies, and terrible customer support.

Yet so many companies choose to go down the second route because most customers don't care as long as they (think that they) are getting a good deal.

Screw it, I'm just gonna redeem the last few keys that I have. Was gonna try and sell them off, but there's no telling if they'll get revoked and I don't want to have to deal with the headache of refunding money to buyers.

Question, if you already own Doom 3 and you redeem a key for BFE, does that overwrite Doom 3? Or does it appear as a separate entry?

EDIT: Never mind found out the answer on SPUF. It's a separate entry.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mooby']Seems like the upshot of this is they just gave away a bunch of free keys![/QUOTE]

We hope.

I still think they will try to get those keys revoked so they can resell them but Bethesda and/or Valve can still always tell them to Shaq-fu off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back