GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Drabelincoln']In thought I read somewhere that it's abandonware.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I did some snooping and apparently the version floating around on the various abandonware sites is missing all the FMV cinema scenes which is basically where all the plot is told.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']Quick Question: For those of you who've had to submit a support ticket, what was the longest turn around time?

I'm looking for a worst case scenario.[/QUOTE]

3 weeks, and the support is fairly rude.

[quote name='bshirk']3 weeks, and the support is fairly rude.[/QUOTE]

Thay may depend on who responds to your ticket. Every time Ashot responded to my tickets, he was very nice. I've only heard of 2 support reps (there might be more, not sure), the other person isn't nearly as helpful from what I've seen. 3 weeks is about right though, for worst case scenario. 4 days used to be the norm before the whole bethesda/borderlands crap started.

[quote name='The End']But I bought $50 worth a blue coins back in January[/QUOTE]
Heh, I bought the $65 (?) BC bundle in the short window where you could use the 20% discount on it. Since then, GG seems intent on only putting things up that I have zero interest in.

Still, there's spring and then likely some sort of summer sale, etc. Worst case scenario, I buy a game not even on sale and get ~40% off between the Comp. discount and discounted coins.

[quote name='bshirk']3 weeks, and the support is fairly rude.[/QUOTE]

In the many, many times I've contacted their support, I've never seen any rude behavior from them. I've gotten refunds for games that I owned elsewhere (but didn't realize at the time of purchase) in blue coins, a username change, countless inquiries about their services, and other things that are escaping me at the moment, and not once have I had a bad experience with them. Shit, I even bought someone's old copy of Sacred 2 which I asked and received a copy of the new, DRM-free version, free of charge.

Maybe you're doing it wrong. ;)

On a side note, I don't believe I've ever had a ticket answered by anyone other than Ashot or Andreas, Ashot being the nicer of the two by a long shot. Not sure if there are any more CS reps in the pool, but neither of them have ever given me any problem before.

To answer the other guy's question: I believe the worst case for me regarding turnaround time on a ticket was the ticket I submitted asking for a copy of Ghost Recon, which was cancelled during last year's fiasco, which wasn't answered until about 4 weeks after I submitted the ticket. I ended up getting a copy before they answered the ticket, which they noticed when they replied, and they didn't bother removing it even though I received a refund for it. Oh, Gamersgate...

[quote name='Severose']In the many, many times I've contacted their support, I've never seen any rude behavior from them. I've gotten refunds for games that I owned elsewhere (but didn't realize at the time of purchase) in blue coins, a username change, countless inquiries about their services, and other things that are escaping me at the moment, and not once have I had a bad experience with them. Shit, I even bought someone's old copy of Sacred 2 which I asked and received a copy of the new, DRM-free version, free of charge.

Maybe you're doing it wrong. ;)

On a side note, I don't believe I've ever had a ticket answered by anyone other than Ashot or Andreas, Ashot being the nicer of the two by a long shot. Not sure if there are any more CS reps in the pool, but neither of them have ever given me any problem before.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Normally takes around 1 week to be totally resolved (I always get Ashot as my CS agent) when I have a problem *also should note that this was before Bethesda disaster. The dude was always nice to me. I have around 6 returns since I have been a member without any issue. Sometimes refunded in PayPal others in blue coins.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to start anything, but I have never been treated rudely by either of those guys. Sometimes their responses are a bit short, but they always do whatever was needed to resolve the issue. It seems English may not be their first language so maybe they are interpreting it one way or another, but rude I would never describe them.

Before the Bethesda fiasco, I always got a support reply in a few days. GG support is the best around... you just have to wait a 2 weeks to a month to get a reply now.

I'm pretty sure my last ticket took a month to get a reply.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']Quick Question: For those of you who've had to submit a support ticket, what was the longest turn around time?

I'm looking for a worst case scenario.[/QUOTE]

I waited 3 weeks. It was terrible. I ended up submitting a second ticket (even though they say not to), because after 3 weeks I just assumed they misfiled it or something. Even their support page claimed a max wait time of 10 days due to all the support tickets they have over the big Bethseda screw up.

I tried to contact them through Twitter. Went nowhere. I then tried Facebook and I finally got a reply reprimanding me for submitting a 2nd ticket and a "reply" to my first ticket to provide additional info. [Paypal doubled billed me for the purchase and they corrected and refunded the double charge pretty quickly without me having to contact them]. It doesn't say anything on their ticket submission page about not "replying" to your tickets, but they reprimanded me for it. Then they told me my ticket was now pushed back to the end of the line.

Nice to know they can't respond to a support ticket within 3 weeks, but spend enough time of Facebook to reply on there.

I replied telling them how rude their service was and after 3 weeks they should be more sensitive to my issue and push it to the front of the line instead of sending it to the far reaches of forever. It was a really simple problem. I had a receipt for a purchase of Sanctum. Money was subtracted from my Paypal. I didn't have the game in my GG library. All they had to do was add the game. Not a 3+ week issue. A little frustrating to buy something and not have access to it.

I told them their service is the worst I'd ever seen like seriously ever. I told them I didn't trust them to resolve the issue and would just report them to Paypal for not providing a product I paid them for. This was through Facebook messaging. They got back to me within a day after that and the game showed up in my library. No apology. You'd think they'd have at least thrown me a coupon after the long wait and rude service.

[quote name='joecool4279']I waited 3 weeks. It was terrible. I ended up submitting a second ticket (even though they say not to), because after 3 weeks I just assumed they misfiled it or something. Even their support page claimed a max wait time of 10 days due to all the support tickets they have over the big Bethseda screw up.

I tried to contact them through Twitter. Went nowhere. I then tried Facebook and I finally got a reply reprimanding me for submitting a 2nd ticket and a "reply" to my first ticket to provide additional info. [Paypal doubled billed me for the purchase and they corrected and refunded the double charge pretty quickly without me having to contact them]. It doesn't say anything on their ticket submission page about not "replying" to your tickets, but they reprimanded me for it. Then they told me my ticket was now pushed back to the end of the line.

Nice to know they can't respond to a support ticket within 3 weeks, but spend enough time of Facebook to reply on there.

I replied telling them how rude their service was and after 3 weeks they should be more sensitive to my issue and push it to the front of the line instead of sending it to the far reaches of forever. It was a really simple problem. I had a receipt for a purchase of Sanctum. Money was subtracted from my Paypal. I didn't have the game in my GG library. All they had to do was add the game. Not a 3+ week issue. A little frustrating to buy something and not have access to it.

I told them their service is the worst I'd ever seen like seriously ever. I told them I didn't trust them to resolve the issue and would just report them to Paypal for not providing a product I paid them for. This was through Facebook messaging. They got back to me within a day after that and the game showed up in my library. No apology. You'd think they'd have at least thrown me a coupon after the long wait and rude service.[/QUOTE]

You sound like you were pretty rude to them so why would you expect a coupon? And for a $1 Sanctum game? They probably hoped you go away as a customer.

joe+cool%255B1%255D.jpg

[quote name='Idiotekque']Before the Bethesda fiasco, I always got a support reply in a few days. GG support is the best around... you just have to wait a 2 weeks to a month to get a reply now.

I'm pretty sure my last ticket took a month to get a reply.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about best around. Amazon is always great.

GMG has always been great to me too. I asked them to cancel my tomb raider preorder because I got the amd voucher and they said they can't refund me because it had been over 60 days and Paypal wouldn't let them. Right as I started to feel the rage they sent an email offering "credit" as an apology. Well turns out they game me what I paid in store credit and I got to keep the game. Can't beat that resolution.

[quote name='MysterD']Wow, I got that on PC retail disc somewhere, too.

I don't recall it going anywhere digitally.
Plus, AFAIK, it's impossible to get to run on modern PC's.

EDIT:
Okay, hmmm....
maybe not...
Don't know - ain't tested any of this.[/QUOTE]

It works on win7 64

[quote name='Punisher138']Anyone know why the 20% off isnt working for SimCity? I thought it was good for all games?[/QUOTE]

Only games without draconian DRM :)

[quote name='Punisher138']Anyone know why the 20% off isnt working for SimCity? I thought it was good for all games?[/QUOTE]
It's good for all games except for the ones it's not good for. Which are those? Prepare yourself for an adventure of discovery and you find out via trial-and-error!

It only applies to what they call a game. Since it's a town simulator, the discount does not apply.

[quote name='elessar123']It only applies to what they call a game. Since it's a town simulator, the discount does not apply.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's some bullshit. Oh well

[quote name='pROvIs']I'm not sure about best around. Amazon is always great. [/QUOTE]
9 out of 10 times with Amazon, it doesn't matter how many times I explain my issue, they just can't understand and help me quickly. It's always back and forth with foreign support reps who repeat things and apologize over and over for not understanding the issue. One time I expressed a complaint about something, and they refunded my purchase immediately... when I did not want a refund. It's a joke.

That said, they always solve things in the end, even if that means just giving you credit. It's like they aren't trained to do their jobs at all, and are simply told "If the customer isn't happy, throw store credit at them."

Like I said, GG is ridiculously slow, but I've never had a problem with them besides that. Hell, they gave most people full refunds AND all the keys during the Bethesda fiasco. I'd call that pretty fucking awesome.

[quote name='Idiotekque']9 out of 10 times with Amazon, it doesn't matter how many times I explain my issue, they just can't understand and help me quickly. It's always back and forth with foreign support reps who repeat things and apologize over and over for not understanding the issue. One time I expressed a complaint about something, and they refunded my purchase immediately... when I did not want a refund. It's a joke.[/QUOTE]

I thought Amazon cs was in the US....

[quote name='smurfinaus']I thought Amazon cs was in the US....[/QUOTE]
No, not at all. Every single support rep I get has a very obscure Indian name. No offense to Indians, of course, you guys just have some wild names.

I've never had much of an issue with Amazon. But usually I am demanding a refund so I get what I want. Once they were completely incompetent and clueless which was frustrating, but for the most part they are cool.

I don't know what complicated instructions Idiot gives them.

"I'd like you to gently, and I repeat, gently, place a replacement copy of this digital game in my library in the same order as it is now, right before The Secret World and right after the third copy of The Secret World I have purchased. Do so between 3:05 and 3:06 PM PST. Thank you."

[quote name='smurfinaus']I thought Amazon cs was in the US....[/QUOTE]

Wait, people still have customer service in the US? :p

[quote name='Motoki']Wait, people still have customer service in the US? :p[/QUOTE]
Best Buy does. Problem is, when I contacted them, I got a lady who sounded like a 60+ year old southern belle who didn't know what "video games" were.

Just because support might be in the US doesn't mean it's better.

I wouldn't call anything steam does "customer service."

I know Sears/KMart has a US based CS team, but you only get them if you raise hell on social media or find away around their foreign based team.

It's been widely speculated that Steam Support (aka people that have no clue how to help you so just pull a response out of their ass) is outsourced and my experience with them would certainly point to this, but Valve tends to be really secretive and I could find no official confirmation of this.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I wouldn't call anything steam does "customer service."
[/QUOTE]

It's more like "user maintenance"

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed is a steal for the 4 pack price. Best cart racer in years, and the PC version is the best (the most characters and best framerate).

Adding the Sonic Racing 4-Pack doesn't trigger the 20% discount. If I add another random item it does. Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: Nevermind, it finally triggered after like 10+ times adding it.

[quote name='mnemnoch']$36 for 4pack or $9 each

I can host one if there's enough interest[/QUOTE]

Count me in as well. Had my eyes on this for a while.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Adding the Sonic Racing 4-Pack doesn't trigger the 20% discount. If I add another random item it does. Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: Nevermind, it finally triggered after like 10+ times adding it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it applied fine to the 1-pack, adding the 4-pack in addition worked, then removing the 1-pack made it disappear. Clearing my cart and readding the 4-pack made it re-appear. Working but maybe a little flakey.

I'm thinking I'll likely pick it up before the sale ends. A 4-pack would sweeten it. I can host but, I cannot accept PayPal. (Amazon gift cards are groovy, or Blue Coins before I purchase.)

[quote name='asheskitty']Yeah, it applied fine to the 1-pack, adding the 4-pack in addition worked, then removing the 1-pack made it disappear. Clearing my cart and readding the 4-pack made it re-appear. Working but maybe a little flakey.

I'm thinking I'll likely pick it up before the sale ends. A 4-pack would sweeten it. I can host but, I cannot accept PayPal. (Amazon gift cards are groovy, or Blue Coins before I purchase.)[/QUOTE]

Alrite, I can send you an amazon gc, let me know if/when you have a copy available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back