GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... they've fixed the 20% Beth discount glitch on Bioshock Infinite, but you can still use it to get a bonus 20% back in Blue Coins - about 6,000 extra (add B:I, remove bonus game, add a ridiculously cheap item, checkout, claim bonus game after purchase). Not bad. Possibly old news. Sorry if it is!

Yeah, they changed that a little while back. Although I don't mind getting the 20% back in Blue Coins since that was supposed to be the deal when they couldn't/wouldn't provide 20% off in cash.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Hmmm... they've fixed the 20% Beth discount glitch on Bioshock Infinite, but you can still use it to get a bonus 20% back in Blue Coins - about 6,000 extra (add B:I, remove bonus game, add a ridiculously cheap item, checkout, claim bonus game after purchase). Not bad. Possibly old news. Sorry if it is![/QUOTE]

I ordered the game for a friend last night. I can't claim the bonus game like I did the first time. After removing the bonus game, adding a Just Cause 2 DLC then purchasing. I go to add the game to my cart again and when I try it just says I have 2 copies of this game already and to contact Gamersgate if I want more. Anyone know a way around that?

edit: i actually fixed it. i gifted the copy to my other gamersgate account then it let me choose another game =)

Hmm, even after seeing the reviews for Bioshock: Infinite, I still quite hesitant to buy BS: I, Xcom: EU, and Mafia II for $24, because I feel that BS: I, and Xcom: EU are going to be DLCpalooza (and Mafia II is missing it's DLC). Having a stack of recent AA games in my backlog (from Beth Pack, Sonic All Stars, etc) is adding to my wait for for the totally-effin-complete version apathy.

(Yes, I know it comes with BS1 as well, but I have 3 copies already, and it was given away free on Gamefly and and Tony stuffed it into many bundles as well. At this point it's beyond mention. No I haven't played my copies of BS1 or BS2 yet.).

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm, even after seeing the reviews for Bioshock: Infinite, I still quite hesitant to buy BS: I, Xcom: EU, and Mafia II for $24, because I feel that BS: I, and Xcom: EU are going to be DLCpalooza (and Mafia II is missing it's DLC). Having a stack of recent AA games in my backlog (from Beth Pack, Sonic All Stars, etc) is adding to my wait for for the totally-effin-complete version apathy.

(Yes, I know it comes with BS1 as well, but I have 3 copies already, and it was given away free on Gamefly and and Tony stuffed it into many bundles as well. At this point it's beyond mention. No I haven't played my copies of BS1 or BS2 yet.).[/QUOTE]

For Bioshock 1 - I have a Retail copy (from day of release) of Bioshock 1 & that free GameFly copy.

How the heck you get it for $24?
You selling other (free game) keys you don't want/need or something?

[quote name='MysterD']How the heck you get it for $24?
You selling other (free game) keys you don't want/need or something?[/QUOTE]
It's $24 in that you'll receive the rest back in blue coins.

If you have the Bethesda Comp discount and do some system trickery, you can apply your 20% to the game (though it's in BC, not a cash discount). That plus the 30% blue coins refund as part of the basic B:I offer makes the bundle come to a "cost" of $24 with the remaining balance refunded as blue coins. You essentially need 47,000 blue coins to buy it (UK store price) and then get 23,000 coins refunded once you make the purchase.

If you use GamersGate and will use the coins, it's a good deal. Was a better deal when the 20% was straight off the cash price but oh well. Obviously if you never use GamersGate, the refunded coins hold significantly less value.

[quote name='Syntax Error']It's $24 in that you'll receive the rest back in blue coins.

If you have the Bethesda Comp discount and do some system trickery, you can apply your 20% to the game (though it's in BC, not a cash discount). That plus the 30% blue coins refund as part of the basic B:I offer makes the bundle come to a "cost" of $24 with the remaining balance refunded as blue coins. You essentially need 47,000 blue coins to buy it (UK store price) and then get 23,000 coins refunded once you make the purchase.

If you use GamersGate and will use the coins, it's a good deal. Was a better deal when the 20% was straight off the cash price but oh well. Obviously if you never use GamersGate, the refunded coins hold significantly less value.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I don't have BethSoft Compensation Discount.

Blah, I could never get the Beth Pack to go through and so I bought it off someone. I wish I had the 20% : /

I wish I could get in on this and then piece out the free games too. I would be all over Infinite for like $17 in the end.

If anyone so kind would like to do that leg work for me and give me Infinite for $17 that would be awesome ; P

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Today from UK site
After Money Conversion came to $47.34
With 16030 Blue Coins = $16.26
Total Price $31.08

Don`t have 20 % Discount

But I think I got a Great Deal

Downloading Now....

Since preorders are iffy, anyone with the 20 percent discount mind telling me if it applies to Sacred Citadel 3 pack? Want to know before I bother organizing a search for someone to host.

[quote name='Corpekata']Since preorders are iffy, anyone with the 20 percent discount mind telling me if it applies to Sacred Citadel 3 pack? Want to know before I bother organizing a search for someone to host.[/QUOTE]

It applies, just tried it

Just grabbed the Borderlands 2 Season Pass for $12.38 using my 20% off code and adding a .50 item to trigger it ... not too shabby

[quote name='Persona Eater']Can you activate a game you buy on Gamersgate on Steam?[/QUOTE]

If it says DRM: Steamworks on the game's page.

[quote name='etcrane']Just grabbed the Borderlands 2 Season Pass for $12.38 using my 20% off code and adding a .50 item to trigger it ... not too shabby[/QUOTE]
Assuming "20% off code" meant the Bethesda Comp Discount, you shouldn't need to rig the system. I dropped the Season Pass in my basket and the 20% applied automatically.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Assuming "20% off code" meant the Bethesda Comp Discount, you shouldn't need to rig the system. I dropped the Season Pass in my basket and the 20% applied automatically.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, didn't come up earlier but I'll live with paying the .50 more ;-)

[quote name='Blade']The Borderlands 2 4-pack comes out to be something like $10.79 apiece with the 20% Bethesda Comp if you use the UK website.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the find! And with that noted the season pass is cheaper in the states store.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Roguestriker']I missed the Bioshock deal and have the Beth discount.

Either way, I probably wouldn't have done business with them...[/QUOTE]

Why not? Besides the Bethesda/Borderlands 2 and the IGN discount incidents they have always been a solid retailer for a few years now.

WTWT3-CXSKC-9KFT3-TBBJT-ZX5FF
W3WJ3-3JXTT-6RW5T-SB53B-XJBX9
K3WTJ-TXZWW-SCRJJ-33BTJ-933ZS
KJWJ3-SCBFK-S5F3J-JBBB3-BHCJ3
W3WJ3-3JXTT-6RW5T-SB53B-XJBX9
CTWTB-JTBW5-KFTTT-JTB33-JTBWB
WTCJ3-SHH3K-KFJT3-JBJ3J-H5965
5T5B3-CWJSK-KRTJT-TTJJT-9HW63
KJ5BT-FBKSK-KXJ3T-3BTJT-FJX5C
WT5TB-XC5ZC-CX3T3-BBT3B-B35WB
WTCBB-H5WHC-5F3T3-TBT3T-HR6TJ
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF

Working SHiFT codes for Borderlands 2 PC

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DOM3A/dominions-3-the-awakening

Dominions 3 is the daily today. I think someone mentioned they wanted this (CrimsonTribe maybe?)[/QUOTE]

Yep, it was me :D I'm downloading it now and I'll post a mini review later if I can. I'm not sure why I'm so excited. When it came out I was in kind of a lull from PC gaming, but I heard good things (if you like hardcore strategy games). However, it's only been available boxed at $50-60 for the longest time.

[quote name='momouchi']Tomb Raider is 25% off so if anyone has the 20% discount and blue coins from B:I, it'll come out to around $10.[/QUOTE]

You paid for those blue coins when you paid for BSI, so you're actually paying ~$30 with the discount.

No, I've been thinking about it as paying $55 for B:I, Tomb Raider, X-Com, Civ V, and Napoleon: Total War (also purchased with B:I blue coins).

[quote name='Severose']You paid for those blue coins when you paid for BSI, so you're actually paying ~$30 with the discount.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, you're still paying $30. Blue coins are essentially good as cash (if you plan on being a customer at GG). It's like saying I only paid $10 for x game when you actually paid $30 with a $20 giftcard.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Agreed, you're still paying $30. Blue coins are essentially good as cash (if you plan on being a customer at GG). It's like saying I only paid $10 for x game when you actually paid $30 with a $20 giftcard.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the game for everyone is $10. I'm saying this could be a good deal to use those blue coins on. I clearly stipulated what would be needed to get to the $10 price.

[quote name='momouchi']No, I've been thinking about it as paying $55 for B:I, Tomb Raider, X-Com, Civ V, and Napoleon: Total War (also purchased with B:I blue coins).[/QUOTE]

That's good and fine, but all you're doing is thinking about it a different way. In reality, you're getting BSI for $37 - ~$16 credit = $21. Then you're paying $29.97 for Tomb Raider, bottom line. Blue coins are to be thought of as money, not something free that you get on the side. To me, $55 for a pre-order is a crappy deal, but if that makes you happy and you're okay with thinking about it that way, then kudos to you. =P

For me, like I said, that's a crappy deal on Tomb Raider, but to each his own. =P I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but you've gotta see the rational way of thinking about it.

EDIT:
[quote name='momouchi']I'm not saying the game for everyone is $10. I'm saying this could be a good deal to use those blue coins on. I clearly stipulated what would be needed to get to the $10 price.[/QUOTE]

That's true, and we're not arguing that, but right off the bat it looks like you're saying that you get it for $10 with the current 25% off and the 20% Beth discount which makes you look like a nutcase. Then when you reread it, you see the mention of the blue coins, which accounts for large chunk that's seemingly missing in the first read. ;)

Forget the Blue Coins. It's a decent deal if you would pay that price in USD. Then at checkout use the BC instead of USD (or buy however many additional BC you need to complete the transaction).

GG has plenty of sales that at a minimum match the best sales elsewhere, so there is little fear not finding something to use your BC on.

[quote name='Severose']That's good and fine, but all you're doing is thinking about it a different way. In reality, you're getting BSI for $37 - ~$16 credit = $21. Then you're paying $29.97 for Tomb Raider, bottom line. Blue coins are to be thought of as money, not something free that you get on the side. To me, $55 for a pre-order is a crappy deal, but if that makes you happy and you're okay with thinking about it that way, then kudos to you. =P

For me, like I said, that's a crappy deal on Tomb Raider, but to each his own. =P I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but you've gotta see the rational way of thinking about it.

EDIT:

That's true, and we're not arguing that, but right off the bat it looks like you're saying that you get it for $10 with the current 25% off and the 20% Beth discount which makes you look like a nutcase. Then when you reread it, you see the mention of the blue coins, which accounts for large chunk that's seemingly missing in the first read. ;)[/QUOTE]

My way of looking at this is completely rational. $55 for two brand new games, plus two recent games (X-Com with is worth $10 and Civ V base at $5) plus Napoleon collection ($5).

IMO the best think to do is wait, I'm sure there will be some good 66% or even 50% discount in some game soon enough to spend the blue coins in. That 25% discount is kinda low for me. My rule is buy always min at 75%, but.. that BI pre order with de 20% compensation was a exception to the norm.

[quote name='momouchi']My way of looking at this is completely rational. $55 for two brand new games, plus two recent games (X-Com with is worth $10 and Civ V base at $5) plus Napoleon collection ($5).[/QUOTE]

I'm not arguing that paying $50 (since Napoleon isn't something to figure into this calculation) for 2 brand new games isn't a rational way to think about it. I'm arguing that the way you're looking at the games individually is flawed. You're seeing yourself as getting Tomb Raider for ~$14, when you're paying the other $16 in the BC that you "transferred" over from your payment method, which means you're still paying $29.97, rather than ~$14.

The way I look at it is you pay $21 for BSI + XCOM + BS1 + Selected Game (which is a HELL of a deal) and essentially "transfer" $16 from your method of payment to GG in BC. By buying Tomb Raider at $29.97 and figuring it in with the previous deal that you got, you're kind of soiling it a bit.

If I were you, I'd wait it out since Tomb Raider is a Sqeenix game (these are notorious for dropping FAST is price). Look at Hitman: Absolution, it was released on 11/20/12, and here we are ~4 MONTHS later and it's 75% off! I suspect Tomb Raider to be the same way, so paying $29.97 for it now, unless you're going to play it immediately, is a waste. It's up to you in the end, though.

I am going to play Tomb Raider right away, it's next up once I finish B:I this weekend. Other than summer and winter Steam sales, I don't buy game I'm not going to play right away. Also I'm not asking you for advice on buying it, I am just mentioning a deal. Tomb Raider is all over the GMG thread for the same price, so I figured people here would appreciate it. Especially since people have 20% off at GG and the 20% GMG coupon apparently wasn't working.

[quote name='momouchi']I am going to play Tomb Raider right away, it's next up once I finish B:I this weekend. Other than summer and winter Steam sales, I don't buy game I'm not going to play right away.[/QUOTE]

Well, I can admit that I do admire that. Me, I'm a bit weak when it comes to a good deal. In your case then, this is a great deal. ;)

EDIT:
[quote name='momouchi']Also I'm not asking you for advice on buying it, I am just mentioning a deal. Tomb Raider is all over the GMG thread for the same price, so I figured people here would appreciate it. Especially since people have 20% off at GG and the 20% GMG coupon apparently wasn't working.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't giving you advice on buying it, it was clear that you were already going to buy it anyway. =P I was merely pointing out to others that might be interested in the deal what exactly the deal entails. ;)

I don't think either way is necessarily wrong.

If he looks at it like paying $27.50 each for two brand new games then he didn't do bad. It's around in line to what the best deals were for those (through the AMD promo resellers) and then he gets BS1, XCom, and Civ 5.

Yes, most CAGs probably don't pre order or consider any pre order a deal, but it's not bad.

As long as they aren't trying to double the discount, like saying I got Tomb Raider for $10 and BS:I for $21 then there is no misconception.

Oh, and just a heads up to everyone, if you purchased Kenshi either by itself or from the IndieFort bundle it was in, the key that you're given on GamersGate activates on Steam. :dunce:

[quote name='Severose']Oh, and just a heads up to everyone, if you purchased Kenshi either by itself or from the IndieFort bundle it was in, the key that you're given on GamersGate activates on Steam. :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Sad I missed that.

[quote name='elessar123']I got excited to see $10 for Tomb Raider. I was like, blue coins, check. Discount? Check. Coins from BS:I... Nope. Eh, so it's still $30.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Yep, it was me :D I'm downloading it now and I'll post a mini review later if I can. I'm not sure why I'm so excited. When it came out I was in kind of a lull from PC gaming, but I heard good things (if you like hardcore strategy games). However, it's only been available boxed at $50-60 for the longest time.[/QUOTE]

Even if you don't get the review in today, it'll be helpful for next time it goes on sale. I assume if it went on sale relatively quickly after being released it should go on sale again at some point this year.

Hmm the new daily is Total War Grand Master Collection @ $41.25 (80% off) I'm really not sure who would buy that at $40. It seems to be a large bind faith jump into the TW series.

Includes:
Empire: Total War
BUY$2.99Empire: Total War™ - Elite Units of America
BUY$2.99Empire: Total War™ - Elite Units of the East
BUY$2.99Empire: Total War™ - Elite Units of West
BUY$2.99Empire: Total War™ - Special Forces Units & Bonus Content
BUY$9.95Empire: Total War™ - The Warpath Campaign
BUY$9.95Medieval 2 Total War Collection
BUY$2.99Napoleon: Total War™ - Coalition Battle Pack
BUY$2.99Napoleon: Total War™ - Imperial Eagle Pack
BUY$9.95Napoleon: Total War™ - The Peninsular Campaign
BUY$14.95Napoleon: Total War™ Imperial Edition
BUY$6.95Rome Total War Alexander
BUY$9.95Rome: Total War Gold Edition
BUY$4.99Total War Battles: Shogun
BUY$29.95Total War SHOGUN 2
BUY$5.99Total War SHOGUN 2 Dragon War Battle Pack
BUY$12.95Total War Shogun 2 E-Guide
BUY$29.95Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai
BUY$4.99Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai The Obama Faction Pack DLC
BUY$4.99Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai The Saga Faction Pack DLC
BUY$4.99Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai The Sendai Faction Pack DLC
BUY$4.99Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai The Tsu Faction Pack DLC
BUY$6.99Total War SHOGUN 2 Rise of the Samurai Campaign
BUY$2.99Total War Shogun 2 Saints and Heroes Unit Pack DLC
BUY$3.25Total War SHOGUN 2 Sengoku Jidai Unit Pack DLC
BUY$4.99Total War SHOGUN 2: The Hattori Clan Pack
BUY$4.99Total War SHOGUN 2: The Ikko Ikki Clan Pack DLC
BUY$4.99Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Otomo Clan Pack DLC
Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Otomo Clan Pack DLC
Viking Battle for Asgard

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm the new daily is Total War Grand Master Collection @ $41.25 (80% off) I'm really not sure who would buy that at $40. It seems to be a large bind faith jump into the TW series.

Includes:
Empire: Total War
BUY$2.99Empire: Total War™ - Elite Units of America
BUY$2.99Empire: Total War™ - Elite Units of the East
BUY$2.99Empire: Total War™ - Elite Units of West
BUY$2.99Empire: Total War™ - Special Forces Units & Bonus Content
BUY$9.95Empire: Total War™ - The Warpath Campaign
BUY$9.95Medieval 2 Total War Collection
BUY$2.99Napoleon: Total War™ - Coalition Battle Pack
BUY$2.99Napoleon: Total War™ - Imperial Eagle Pack
BUY$9.95Napoleon: Total War™ - The Peninsular Campaign
BUY$14.95Napoleon: Total War™ Imperial Edition
BUY$6.95Rome Total War Alexander
BUY$9.95Rome: Total War Gold Edition
BUY$4.99Total War Battles: Shogun
BUY$29.95Total War SHOGUN 2
BUY$5.99Total War SHOGUN 2 Dragon War Battle Pack
BUY$12.95Total War Shogun 2 E-Guide
BUY$29.95Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai
BUY$4.99Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai The Obama Faction Pack DLC
BUY$4.99Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai The Saga Faction Pack DLC
BUY$4.99Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai The Sendai Faction Pack DLC
BUY$4.99Total War Shogun 2 Fall of the Samurai The Tsu Faction Pack DLC
BUY$6.99Total War SHOGUN 2 Rise of the Samurai Campaign
BUY$2.99Total War Shogun 2 Saints and Heroes Unit Pack DLC
BUY$3.25Total War SHOGUN 2 Sengoku Jidai Unit Pack DLC
BUY$4.99Total War SHOGUN 2: The Hattori Clan Pack
BUY$4.99Total War SHOGUN 2: The Ikko Ikki Clan Pack DLC
BUY$4.99Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Otomo Clan Pack DLC
Total War: SHOGUN 2 – Otomo Clan Pack DLC
Viking Battle for Asgard
[/QUOTE]
I bought it \\:D/

I think it's a good price for what's included, i missed out on the last couple of Shogun sales and those are what i really wanted. Normally like $30 a pop so $40 for both + all expansions and Viking, Empire, Rome etc.? Sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me.

For 80% off, I'm sure it's a great deal dollar-wise. I think the question was that someone would either be a TW fan and already own many of the titles or else be a TW newbie and that's a $40 package might seem a bit steep for a first step.

But if it worked for you, great. And I'm sure GamersGate is glad as well :D

I had to laugh at the randomness of Viking being in there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back