GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that was fast. It only just got resurrected on GOG, just under two months back.

There's also a Dark Messiah demo on steam in case anyone is pondering it.

it probably is just the gog copy, gmg resells gog. So for the same price I would think you would just want it from the source, but maybe thats me

[quote name='ezelkow1']it probably is just the gog copy, gmg resells gog. So for the same price I would think you would just want it from the source, but maybe thats me[/QUOTE]

Ill buy it when it comes to steam and it's 75% off

[quote name='ezelkow1']it probably is just the gog copy, gmg resells gog. So for the same price I would think you would just want it from the source, but maybe thats me[/QUOTE]

I would also prefer GOG but the problem is that GOG *may* have SS2 on sale three years from now at most 60% off.

GG on the other hand is unpredictable with pricing (oftentimes unintentionally), so if i can get it there at 75% off three months from now, then I'll go for it. As you said, it's probably the same copy (possibly without the GOG extras).

[quote name='seamoss']I would also prefer GOG but the problem is that GOG *may* have SS2 on sale three years from now at most 60% off.

GG on the other hand is unpredictable with pricing (oftentimes unintentionally), so if i can get it there at 75% off three months from now, then I'll go for it. As you said, it's probably the same copy (possibly without the GOG extras).[/QUOTE]

Yeah you could probably get it cheaper on GG faster. AFAIK System Shock 2 has been selling really well on GOG, I think Steam is the only thing that might put a dent in the GOG sales for that game, so it probably won't get a huge discount on there for a while.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon pre-order is on GamersGate now. No special bonuses (you get a soundtrack but you get that via Steam as well) but you can at least save a few bucks off the $15 price tag if you have the comp discount. Discount works on it without any shenanigans.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon pre-order is on GamersGate now. No special bonuses (you get a soundtrack but you get that via Steam as well) but you can at least save a few bucks off the $15 price tag if you have the comp discount. Discount works on it without any shenanigans.[/QUOTE]

Never Settle Bundles are getting this, so it might be available for cheaper on trades.

[quote name='asheskitty']Wow, that was fast. It only just got resurrected on GOG, just under two months back.

There's also a Dark Messiah demo on steam in case anyone is pondering it.[/QUOTE]
Back in the day, Dark Messiah was a game w/ such awesome combat, but lacked a great story.
Still - Dark Messiah is EASILY worth the $2.50....no doubt about it.

And since we're on the subject of Arkane Studios - Arx Fatalis is quite underrated.

I'm curious what Arkane France is up to, since Harvey Smith (from Arkane Austin) moved over there recently.

[quote name='Killbomb']Potential buyers might want to look this thread over first. http://steamcommunity.com/app/2100/discussions/0/846940248278591134/#p2

I tried the demo and it worked perfectly. Bought the full game and started getting the horrible frame rate drops described in that thread.[/QUOTE]

The demo worked fine for me in Summer or Fall. It didn't quite grab me, but I'd heard good things about it. (Trying to recall, but I think I might have had some motion sickness issues with it -- I'm sensitive.) Interestingly they did some update to the demo in the past couple months that made my steam client want to redownload all 6+GB of the demo (and at which point I simply uninstalled the demo).

It is the same version. I'm sorry but I had to report this post as offensive.
Reason: "Advocating buying a game at full price."
(worsened by the impending GG sale + 20%er discount)

[quote name='asheskitty']The demo worked fine for me in Summer or Fall. It didn't quite grab me, but I'd heard good things about it. (Trying to recall, but I think I might have had some motion sickness issues with it -- I'm sensitive.) Interestingly they did some update to the demo in the past couple months that made my steam client want to redownload all 6+GB of the demo (and at which point I simply uninstalled the demo).[/QUOTE]

I got about 3 or 4 chapters into the full game before the frame rate issues started and I really enjoyed what I got to play. Put it on the "shelf" after trying several fixes to no avail. Hopefully I'll get to play it someday when I either find the energy to hook up my older PC and try it on there or on a future rig.

It doesn't say steam on GG -- it's not steam. GG is good about the DRM labeling.

Also given that it doesn't even show up on the steam store, there's little reason to think that you can buy a steam key. (This game was removed from steam.)

I own a GG copy of Ghostbusters. It's not Steam and doesn't have a redeemable serial. It's a direct download and stand-alone product off the GG servers.

[quote name='asheskitty']It doesn't say steam on GG -- it's not steam. GG is good about the DRM labeling.

Also given that it doesn't even show up on the steam store, there's little reason to think that you can buy a steam key. (This game was removed from steam.)[/QUOTE]

It's not always the case, being able to buy a steam key for a game that isn't on Steam. You can still pick up copies of Prey and activate it on steam , I'm sure there are a few others too.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's not always the case, being able to buy a steam key for a game that isn't on Steam. You can still pick up copies of Prey and activate it on steam , I'm sure there are a few others too.[/QUOTE]
I think she was just saying, since it already doesn't say Steam on the DRM, combined with the fact that the game is no longer purchasable on Steam, the version on sale is most definitely not a Steam key.

[quote name='Idiotekque']You might want to read like... the last five posts. Just sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I saw the thread so down in the thread list I thought that nobody posted the latest deals.

My bad :( sorry.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I think she was just saying, since it already doesn't say Steam on the DRM, combined with the fact that the game is no longer purchasable on Steam, the version on sale is most definitely not a Steam key.[/QUOTE]

This!

[quote name='ddearce']Ghostbusters the VideoGame is at 2.49U$D at GG, anyone knows if is steam?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-GHBU/ghostbusters-the-videogame[/QUOTE]

*twitch* *twitch*
Did I just get a Carte Blanche to hurt people?

[quote name='asheskitty']*twitch* *twitch*
Did I just get a Carte Blanche to hurt people?[/QUOTE]

That depends. Voulez-vous couchez avec moi, c'est soir?

GG has a new Indiefort bundle up - 5 games for $7.99:

http://www.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle

AI War: Fleet Command (Other DRM)
Sanctum (Steamworks)
Zigfrak (DRM Free)
Fortune Winds: Ancient Trader (DRM Free)
Underrail (Alpha) (DRM Free)

My copy of AI War that I bought direct from Arcen came with a key that I was able to redeem on Steam (YMMV).

Some bonuses which depend on (optimistic) sales.

Possibly worth it if you don't have any of the games but not by much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Zigfrak last week. Its a good game! Its what Dawnstar would like to be, an ARPG in space.

Also, the key that came with it can be activated in desura.

[quote name='juanjava']D&D master collection at -66%[/QUOTE]

Because it's worth repeating: this is an incredible price for this collection of classic games, even without the 20% Screwbeth off. I got it when it first came out at around $20 and it was still worth it. The only problem I had with it is that when I tried to mod Baldur's Gate there was one small file missing (bgate2.mpi) - just Google for it, it's easy to find it.

Great price. The last time the D&D Master Collection hit that price was Feb 2012, snagged it then. (Barring a very short lived $5 glitch around Xmas, when GG was hammered for a bigger glitch.) Those are the GOG versions.

Is AC3 cheapest it's been digitally? I looked at one of the Steam trackers and they said it was $25 on Steam in March. But with the elder-geek.com code, you can get it now for $23.75 from GG or, of course, cheaper if you have the 20% comp discount.

Mind you, I have yet to play AC, AC2, AC:B or AC:R despite owning all of them so I'm not buying yet another title.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Is AC3 cheapest it's been digitally? I looked at one of the Steam trackers and they said it was $25 on Steam in March. But with the elder-geek.com code, you can get it now for $23.75 from GG or, of course, cheaper if you have the 20% comp discount.

Mind you, I have yet to play AC, AC2, AC:B or AC:R despite owning all of them so I'm not buying yet another title.[/QUOTE]

It was free on 360 a few weeks ago due to a price error. But yes, I think this is the cheapest price overall for PC DD.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Is AC3 cheapest it's been digitally? I looked at one of the Steam trackers and they said it was $25 on Steam in March. But with the elder-geek.com code, you can get it now for $23.75 from GG or, of course, cheaper if you have the 20% comp discount.

Mind you, I have yet to play AC, AC2, AC:B or AC:R despite owning all of them so I'm not buying yet another title.[/QUOTE]

I am so AC'ed out, after AC2 + BH + Revelations: Gold.
Gonna be a while before I really want AC3 + ALL DLC.

I'm pretty sure. It hasn't seen any sales that have half temped me. I'm holding out on AC3 for the complete edition for ~$10. I've completed AC2, ACB, & ACR, which allows me to feel that waiting is the correct course of action.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm pretty sure. It hasn't seen any sales that have half temped me. I'm holding out on AC3 for the complete edition for ~$10. [/quote]
That sounds good to me. :D

I've completed AC2, ACB, & ACR, which allows me to feel that waiting is the correct course of action.
Same here.
I need an AC break.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm wondering why they don't have AC1 Director's Cut.[/QUOTE]

Aren't all pc copies of ac1 directors cut?

I bought AC2, bro, rev, and 3 from GG just before 3 came out. All were uplay and rev actually was gold version even though it wasn't noted.

They appear to be launching something called their Spring Sale. When they do named sales they tend to put about a hojillion games on sale so might be worth keeping an eye on. Right now it's still a mix of last week's sales and a few new ones (mostly indie/obscure stuff right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back