GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='madjoki']Sleeping Dogs The year of the snake

-70% already.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spoderman']Yeah, saw that and bought it with BC + 20% off compensation discount.

Might be a price mistake, Zodiac Tournament isn't discounted on GG, and that's older.. Year of the Snake is the newest DLC[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just grabbed it as well. After the 20% "whoops" discount, it amounted to it being about 76% off. 75% is probably the lowest that it will ever be on steam, so I figured I might as well. If Zodiac Tournament gets discounted later on, I might pick that up as well.

[quote name='Corpekata']They appear to be launching something called their Spring Sale.[/QUOTE]
Two weeks worth of dailies according to Twitter. Plus week-long deals and bundles.

People grousing about how they had nothing good to use their comp. discounts on might actually have a reason to smile.

The Indiefort Spring Bundle is still on sale despite the fact that it was supposedly only gonna run through yesterday. If you want a laugh, check out the bonus tiers and how many bundles they need to sell to hit the first level. Then check how many bundles they've actually sold.

[quote name='The End']The Indiefort Spring Bundle is still on sale despite the fact that it was supposedly only gonna run through yesterday. If you want a laugh, check out the bonus tiers and how many bundles they need to sell to hit the first level. Then check how many bundles they've actually sold.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think they need to fire the guy that handles the IndieFort bundles ;)

Thanks! I snagged Sheepy Dog's Snakey.

Just like the good old days, the GG discount makes the difference. Also, I was able to cover it with blue coins. =)

The Overlord Complete set is 5.99. Steam keys. Not the cheapest it's been I think, but it Codemasters games seem to be pretty rare on sale on Steam itself these days.

Picked up the SD DLC myself. Good find there. Hoping to see Xenus II and Precursors go on daily again since it has been about a year since they have been on sale.

Does anyone know if Sleeping Dogs YoTS DLC is separated from the main story like Nightmare in North Point, or not?

Thanks.

[quote name='zenii']Does anyone know if Sleeping Dogs YoTS DLC is separated from the main story like Nightmare in North Point, or not?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's separate.

When you load up the game, you are first taken to a screen where you have to select the game scenario. In my case, I was asked to choose between the Main game, Nightmare At North Point or Year Of The Snake. I assume if I had Zodiac Tournament, that would be on the list as well.

[quote name='The End']It's separate.

When you load up the game, you are first taken to a screen where you have to select the game scenario. In my case, I was asked to choose between the Main game, Nightmare At North Point or Year Of The Snake. I assume if I had Zodiac Tournament that would be on the list as well.[/QUOTE]

Zodiac won't appear in that list, it's island that you access from main game.

Intrestingly this DLC was only 2kB, meaning it was part of main game already.
Weird decission.

[quote name='warreni']Hm. Could someone with GG discount gift me YotS for Paypal? Shoot me a PM. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Talking about ~$2.01 (w/ elder-geek.com) instead of ~$1.70 that's some CAGness right there.

[quote name='Izod517']Talking about ~$2.01 (w/ elder-geek.com) instead of ~$1.70 that's some CAGness right there.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, but I figured typing this message would actually cost me more in time than the actual savings :)

[quote name='Izod517']Talking about ~$2.01 (w/ elder-geek.com) instead of ~$1.70 that's some CAGness right there.[/QUOTE]

You can also save additional $0.09 or 0.08€ by buying bluecoins from gamersgate.com and using them on gamersgate.co.uk to buy game. :D

Don't forget that if you have someone else buy this (or any other game) for you, they get to keep the 5% BlueCoin "cashback" reward.

Got Binary Domain for 5$ with my compensation discount, not bad IMO from watching reviews. I'm waiting for the next daily deals to get some other deal where to spend my BI blue coins finally. So far, good sale.

[quote name='zenii']Does anyone know if Sleeping Dogs YoTS DLC is separated from the main story like Nightmare in North Point, or not?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

From what ive read and heard its not but i might be wrong

[quote name='madjoki']Zodiac won't appear in that list, it's island that you access from main game.

Intrestingly this DLC was only 2kB, meaning it was part of main game already.
Weird decission.[/QUOTE]

it's digital locked content :hot:

Just because it wasn't a big download doesn't mean it was part of the original game. A lot of games force you to download some or all of a DLC/expansion even if you don't own it.

It's not even that big of a conspiracy. Every time they release a new piece of DLC for Sleeping Dogs they patch it into the base game. God only knows why, it's not like it has multiplayer and needs the assets for compatibility reasons.

Sheepy DOGS rolls all most of it's content into a couple big files (and steam update is file-based, not delta-based). Also quite a few games include the content of the DLC in updates, this eases Quality Assurance by limiting the number of variants you can have.

damn i want that dlc but dont have the 20% off whoops discount guess i wait sadly unless someone willing that has it does then i can paid in paypal

[quote name='Syntax Error']The ding for transferring money via Paypal would largely negate the difference between the DLC at Sale+Elder-Geek.com and Sale+Whoops.[/QUOTE]

No fee if you've got your checking account attached.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']No fee if you've got your checking account attached.[/QUOTE]

Depending on what country the person you are sending money is in you still could get charged a small fee for transferring from your bank account as 'send money to family/friends' (aka the option that used to be called 'gift'). It happened to me recently on a transaction from someone on CAG, not sure what country he was from.

Thing is, you won't know until you go to actually do the transfer and enter the person's email address in.

CAG isn't just a name brand or a slogan to me, son. It's a way of life. It is branded into my flesh and seared into my soul. It permeates every atom of my being.

:D

[quote name='Motoki']Depending on what country the person you are sending money is in you still could get charged a small fee for transferring from your bank account as 'send money to family/friends' (aka the option that used to be called 'gift'). It happened to me recently on a transaction from someone on CAG, not sure what country he was from.

Thing is, you won't know until you go to actually do the transfer and enter the person's email address in.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? I've never been charged. I guess I've been lucky.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Oh yeah? I've never been charged. I guess I've been lucky.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. I've done trades with several folks outside the U.S. and there is an international transaction fee tacked on even with "direct-from-checking."

[quote name='warreni']CAG isn't just a name brand or a slogan to me, son. It's a way of life. It is branded into my flesh and seared into my soul. It permeates every atom of my being.

:D[/QUOTE]

Well i am sold. Pm me if you still need a copy.

[quote name='gentlyporking']FYI, I saw that Final Fantasy IX Ultimate Collection Seeker's Edition is on sale for $9.99 (comes with a free month). It includes all five expansions, including the recently released one.[/QUOTE]

The franchise is great, but I could never justify the $13.95 per month in fees. And you get nothing back once you stop paying. Square-Enix is also one of the worst offenders when it comes to buying DLC that should already be in the game. Playing this for a month could turn into an expensive hobby, and there are plenty of other games or activities you could do with that money.

They added 17 new areas, but still. A big meh for a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='Teeheehee']There's a recent one? Wow. Anyway, you spelled XI wrong :p[/QUOTE]

Ah, whoops. Fixed.

I played this a little years ago when it first came out (on the PS2). I may drop $10 just to check this out for the first month and then cancel before I get charged.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Ah, whoops. Fixed.

I played this a little years ago when it first came out (on the PS2). I may drop $10 just to check this out for the first month and then cancel before I get charged.[/QUOTE]

GF and I might do the same.

I think I still have my account with Galka Thief/Ranger with my Rare/Ext. Peacock Amulet, Empress Hairpin and Bounding Boots. Maybe I'll play again =P

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just went back to check to see if they've applied a discount to Sleeping Dogs Zodiac Tournament yet, but it's still at regular price. It seems odd that they would discount the DLC from March and not one from December. I get the feeling that it was probably intended to be part of the midweek sale, but somebody screwed up and didn't apply the discount.

Ordinarily I'd try and contact them to let them know about it, but I'm not sure if that would work with GamersGate. From the stories that I've heard about their customer support, they're not likely to read my email about it until early June.

Oh well. There will be other sales.

Just finished year of the snake, doesn't feel like it's any longer than nightmare in north point, may be around 2 hours.

[quote name='Corpekata']The Overlord Complete set is 5.99. Steam keys. Not the cheapest it's been I think, but it Codemasters games seem to be pretty rare on sale on Steam itself these days.[/QUOTE]

It was $5 on the steam xmas sale. You're right though, it doesn't go on sale often enough (it hadn't been on the xmas/summer sales for two years prior). Overlord is great. I recommend it. The script, voice acting, and animations are great. Some people say it plays like Pikmin.

[quote name='The End']So I just went back to check to see if they've applied a discount to Sleeping Dogs Zodiac Tournament
yet, but it's still at regular price. It seems odd that they would discount the DLC from March and not one from December. I get the feeling that it was probably intended to be part of the midweek sale, but somebody screwed up and didn't apply the discount.

Ordinarily I'd try and contact them to let them know about it, but I'm not sure if that would work with GamersGate. From the stories that I've heard about their customer support, they're not likely to read my email about it until early June.

Oh well. There will be other sales.
[/QUOTE]

I'm chalking it up to ancient Chinese wisdom...

[quote name='asheskitty']
I'm chalking it up to ancient Chinese wisdom...[/QUOTE]
I'm waiting for 91% off glitch sale again on all Sleeping Dogs game + DLC on Steam... ;)

[quote name='elessar123']Guess FFXI was a daily (or an error), cause it's back up to $40.[/QUOTE]
Considering it included the new expansion, clearly a glitch. I would have grabbed it if I didn't already have the Abyssea Edition will all expansions (except for the new one) for $5 on Amazon. This was a much better deal considering the new expansion is like $30, but yeah... I don't think I'll ever get around to the game anyways, unless it goes F2P (which should have happened ages ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back