GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I can't believe none of you are jumping on this Aliens: Colonial Marines deal for 66% off. With comp. discount, it's now only overpriced by $13! :lol:

[quote name='Syntax Error']Man, I can't believe none of you are jumping on this Aliens: Colonial Marines deal for 66% off. With comp. discount, it's now only overpriced by $13! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. it's $12.50 on the UK site. This dropped at lightening speed.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Considering it included the new expansion, clearly a glitch. I would have grabbed it if I didn't already have the Abyssea Edition will all expansions (except for the new one) for $5 on Amazon. This was a much better deal considering the new expansion is like $30, but yeah... I don't think I'll ever get around to the game anyways, unless it goes F2P (which should have happened ages ago).[/QUOTE]

Nope, it was a daily deal.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Holy crap, just $3 and it comes with 20 herausfordernde Missionen und freies Spiel?! Sign me the fuck up.[/QUOTE]

I'd also imagine that it comes with nur die Wahl der deutschen Sprache.

[quote name='madjoki']Tracmania Canyon 5-pack

61 825 BLC (or 49 457 BLC) for 5 copies.
~10 USD per copy.

I think it's 20 EUR and thus 20 USD on steam.

But does it register on steam?

http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17019[/QUOTE]

Decent, but not great. I'm holding out hope that now that it's finally on steam it'll get sales. Steam pricing is 1-pack for $20, 3-pack for $50, & 5-pack for $80. Thus even a mere 50% off brings it to $10 solo or $8 in the 5-pack. Of course I'm hoping for 75% off.

Edit: The oddity here is that Steam list price is lower than GG (or GG.uk) prices. The list price for the 5-pack is $100 on GG and $80 on steam, though both sell the 1-pack for $20, and 3-pack for $50.

I took the plunge on Canyon, however, I need to wait 10 minutes to reveal the keys. I will let you know whether I can redeem on Steam.

*Invalid product key. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Stronghammer']I took the plunge on Canyon, however, I need to wait 10 minutes to reveal the keys. I will let you know whether I can redeem on Steam.

*Invalid product key. :([/QUOTE]

Hm.. that's odd. I don't understand why maniaplanet keys activate on Steam, but the GG keys don't? Thanks for letting us know.

[quote name='Stronghammer']I took the plunge on Canyon, however, I need to wait 10 minutes to reveal the keys. I will let you know whether I can redeem on Steam.

Where it registers?

Does that key redeem on ManiaPlanet?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']On a serious note, their spring sale has had some decent deals so far.[/QUOTE]

Really? I haven't seen anything worth mentioning aside from the Sleeping Dogs DLC.

[quote name='madjoki']Where it registers?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Detruire']Does that key redeem on ManiaPlanet?[/QUOTE]
I think once I download the game, I create a ManiaPlanet account upon booting up and then input the code there. There is a download button on GG, not just the code. I've posted on the support forums of ManiaPlanet, so I'll see what they say about the situation.

*Hmm, maybe the keys just aren't registered with Steam yet? This is the response I received.
When did you purchase it actually? A long while back, or just a few days or weeks ago?
It is correctly activated with ManiaPlanet and you can still play there (outside of Steam)?

Possibly Steam doesn't know all the keys all the time.
Please try it tomorrow again, and if it still doesn't work, we have to contact Nadeo.

[quote name='Detruire']Does that key redeem on ManiaPlanet?

Really? I haven't seen anything worth mentioning aside from the Sleeping Dogs DLC.[/QUOTE]

The "Adventure 4 pack" was $2.49 the other day, but it was a price mistake and was fixed today.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-A4P/adventure-4-pack-bundle

I've still got a pending order for it for $2 after 20% off discount if anyone's interested, but I'd like to keep The Rockin' Dead ;)

EDIT: Sold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone please explain why some of their "normal" prices are higher than regular Steam ones?

I mean, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed's price on Steam is thirty bucks. But at Gamersgate, the price is $40. This smells of price manipulation... which Steam also does during sale periods. Eh.

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Could someone please explain why some of their "normal" prices are higher than regular Steam ones?

I mean, Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed's price on Steam is thirty bucks. But at Gamersgate, the price is $40. This smells of price manipulation... which Steam also does during sale periods. Eh.[/QUOTE]

And sonic generation is $50, so they can have 80% off and still make a profit.

They addressed this on FB once and their response was that due to some regional restrictions with certain pubs they have to keep MSRPs higher but they try to balance it with a bigger discount. So I think Sega is one of them since their pricing and MSRPs always seem to be off compared to US retailers.

[quote name='Detruire']Really? I haven't seen anything worth mentioning aside from the Sleeping Dogs DLC.[/QUOTE]
AC3 was equal to the best Steam's had it for. Better actually if you used the Elder-Geek code for a couple more bucks off. Like $23 and change.

Granted it was still too high for me to buy but, relative to other retailers' historical pricing, it was a good sale.

[quote name='Syntax Error']AC3 was equal to the best Steam's had it for. Better actually if you used the Elder-Geek code for a couple more bucks off. Like $23 and change.

Granted it was still too high for me to buy but, relative to other retailers' historical pricing, it was a good sale.[/QUOTE]

I usually don't consider a price worth mentioning if I wouldn't be willing to pay it. :lol:

Well, I'll still give them credit for it since they're usually higher than the competition on any sort of AAA title (barring price errors). Generally the only time they're the lowest price is on some European indie games or something.

On an amusing note, Aliens: CM is halfway down page three on the "popularity" sort of sale prices. Usually the dailies are up on page one. Poor unloved Aliens: CM.

[quote name='Syntax Error']On an amusing note, Aliens: CM is halfway down page three on the "popularity" sort of sale prices. Usually the dailies are up on page one. Poor unloved Aliens: CM.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I wouldn't even take the game if somebody wanted to give it for me for free.

GG's IGN discount 15% + bluecoins was the vital edge they needed to be price competitive in 2012, this year it's less even due to the Oops-I-did-it-again 20% comp.

[quote name='asheskitty']GG's IGN discount 15% + bluecoins was the vital edge they needed to be price competitive in 2012, this year it's less even due to the Oops-I-did-it-again 20% comp.[/QUOTE]

You make it sounds like a Britney Spears song...

[quote name='Syntax Error']AC3 was equal to the best Steam's had it for. Better actually if you used the Elder-Geek code for a couple more bucks off. Like $23 and change.

Granted it was still too high for me to buy but, relative to other retailers' historical pricing, it was a good sale.[/QUOTE]

Well they've had a lot of stuff for 75% off and with the Bethesda or Elder Geek discount it will be cheaper than Steam sale. I know GMG routinely does the 75% off with 20% on top so it's not like super rare sale, but their prices have been competitive. I think for some it has to be some sort of 90% off glitch for it to be real noteworthy, but I just expect regular sales even if I already own most of the stuff.

Hitman Absolution is $10 today. Better than Origin's $20 sale price or Gamefly's $16 (after coupon). Comes with the Sniper Challenge pre-order bonus.

Obviously cheaper with comp. discount. Speaking of, I couldn't get elder-geek.com to work. I wasn't trying to stack it with the comp (I wasn't even logged in yet), so it wasn't that. I was also having trouble logging in so I don't know if it was an error on my end or their end.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Hitman Absolution is $10 today. Better than Origin's $20 sale price or Gamefly's $16 (after coupon). Comes with the Sniper Challenge pre-order bonus.

Obviously cheaper with comp. discount. Speaking of, I couldn't get elder-geek.com to work. I wasn't trying to stack it with the comp (I wasn't even logged in yet), so it wasn't that. I was also having trouble logging in so I don't know if it was an error on my end or their end.[/QUOTE]

Elder-geek is still working for me, so it must be a problem on your end. Thanks for the headsup on Hitman.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Hitman is even cheaper on UK site. $7.73 in Blue Coins. With 20% comp, it goes down to $6.19 which is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Wow.. are the keys region tagged on the UK site?

[quote name='Syntax Error']Obviously cheaper with comp. discount. Speaking of, I couldn't get elder-geek.com to work. I wasn't trying to stack it with the comp (I wasn't even logged in yet), so it wasn't that. I was also having trouble logging in so I don't know if it was an error on my end or their end.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jon7']Elder-geek is still working for me, so it must be a problem on your end. Thanks for the headsup on Hitman.[/QUOTE]

Is it even possible to get other discount codes like Elder-geek to stack with the Whoops discount?

No, you can't stack them. I just check it sometimes because when I'm reporting the sale elsewhere I want to make sure I have my numbers right.

I can log in fine now so whatever issues I had were either on my end or else temporary.

Oh OK. I guess I misunderstood what you guys were talking about. Thought there might have been something I was missing out on there.

Looks like The Professional Edition is also on sale over on the UK site. But it comes to about $11.60 in Blue Coins before Whoops discount and $9.28 after. According to the description, it contains the following extras for that additional $3.
The Professional Edition includes a 72-page Artbook in addition to a ""Making of video"" and the ""Agency Gun Pack"" DLC, which includes an upgraded silencer and laser sights and the following exclusive weapons:

Agency Jagd P22G: A modern top-tier pistol
Agency HX UMP: Powerful high-caliber SMG
Agency SPS 12: Brutal semi-automatic shotgun

I think all of those guns are available for purchase as DLC. So really it looks like it's just the Artbook & Making of video that are exclusive. Also, you don't appear to get the Sniper Challenge with the Professional Edition. Doesn't really seem worth it to me, but I'm throwing it out there as something else to consider.

I'm fairly confident that all the DLC (including the professional edition stuff and Sniper Challenge rewards) are only available for use in the online user created "Challenge mode" levels. None are usable in the main game campaign.

So unless you plan to do the challenge mode games (someone places enemies on one of the game maps and then gives an objective like 'kill the waiter using the tire iron') there's no reason to get the professional edition or DLC.

Hmmmm.... very weak, close to biting.

After the discount it comes out to $6.20 in BC.

The sniper challenge still shows on Steam as only available for pre purchasers. So this is $5 for base game, $1.20 for Sniper Challenge in my view.

Willing to help a CAG out with the deal too if they want in.

Honestly, I've got so many other games in my backlog that I'm trying to work through that I wouldn't get around to this until the holidays. By then, it will probably be even cheaper. So I think I'm gonna hold off.

But even with my outrageous backlog, I'm tempted. So that just speaks to how great of a deal this is.

[quote name='The End']Honestly, I've got so many other games in my backlog that I'm trying to work through that I wouldn't get around to this until the holidays. By then, it will probably be even cheaper. So I think I'm gonna hold off.

But even with my outrageous backlog, I'm tempted. So that just speaks to how great of a deal this is.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing. This is guaranteed to be even cheaper eventually. I think it'll be $3-4 or in an amazing bundle before the year ends. It's a really good deal if you plan on playing it now.. but us backloggers will see better deals ;)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']But will it have the Sniper Challenge?[/QUOTE]

Maybe not, but I've got key you can have for free anyway. Get on Steam ;)

For what it's worth, I very much enjoyed the game and it's definitely worth $6 and change. Hell, it's worth the ten bucks.

I know that won't sway the stubborn backloggers (God love ya) but for anyone on the fence who are wondering if it's "worth" buying, I'd say it easily is.

I also used the word "worth" too many times there. Mary Worth and Mrs Butterworth are staging an intervention.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']But will it have the Sniper Challenge?[/QUOTE]

I don't need to worry about getting the Sniper Challenge because I already have it due to a pre-order. I got cold feet about the pre-order at the last minute and canceled it, but the Sniper Challenge still remains in my library and it's still playable. Would have thought that they'd revoke the key for that, but apparently not. If they haven't taken it away by now, it's probably mine to keep.

[quote name='spoderman']Maybe not, but I've got key you can have for free anyway. Get on Steam ;)[/QUOTE]

What a great guy.

[quote name='Syntax Error']For what it's worth, I very much enjoyed the game and it's definitely worth $6 and change. Hell, it's worth the ten bucks.

I know that won't sway the stubborn backloggers (God love ya) but for anyone on the fence who are wondering if it's "worth" buying, I'd say it easily is.

I also used the word "worth" too many times there. Mary Worth and Mrs Butterworth are staging an intervention.[/QUOTE]

And if that doesn't work, it's off to Leavenworth with you.

Hitman Absolution is $8 on GMG with coupon code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA in case you don't have access to the 20% discount or don't want to dork around with blue coins on the UK site.

I don't think it comes with Sniper Challenge but that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Hitman Absolution is $8 on GMG with coupon code GMG20-GGN5D-FC3NA in case you don't have access to the 20% discount or don't want to dork around with blue coins on the UK site.

I don't think it comes with Sniper Challenge but that shouldn't be a deal breaker.[/QUOTE]

for the same reasons listed above, it is $7.50 at Square-Enix site: http://store.na.square-enix.com/sto...oryId.57606100/parentCategoryID.#.UXqe12zRNe8 (not sure if sniper challenge is included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back