GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GamersGate still has my order pending but has a lock on me so I can't use PayPal through them at all. Tried to buy Blue Coins and buy my Bethesda packs that way but still locked out from PayPal. Both card and bank account (and card works; Steam accepted it).

Can't use their Moneybookers thing and I'm not about to go to Walgreens and spend extra buying a Moneypak card.

[quote name='Syntax Error']GamersGate still has my order pending but has a lock on me so I can't use PayPal through them at all. Tried to buy Blue Coins and buy my Bethesda packs that way but still locked out from PayPal. Both card and bank account (and card works; Steam accepted it).

Can't use their Moneybookers thing and I'm not about to go to Walgreens and spend extra buying a Moneypak card.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have the same lock on my account for "making too many purchases in a short time period". I've heard it's supposed to unlock in 24 hours, so I guess we'll see.

It's incredibly frustrating when you want to buy something and they won't take their money.. now I know how people must feel when trying to buy stuff from GMG but can't.

I'm not sure how long GG will hold a pending order but I gues sI'll just wait and try late tonight or tomorrow.

No real big deal. I have most of the games. Just figured, at that price, I'd spread some love and Christmas Spirit around ;)

[quote name='Syntax Error']I'm not sure how long GG will hold a pending order but I gues sI'll just wait and try late tonight or tomorrow.

No real big deal. I have most of the games. Just figured, at that price, I'd spread some love and Christmas Spirit around ;)[/QUOTE]

They usually let you hold pending orders for at least a week, but I'm not sure if they'll cancel orders earlier this time around. I doubt they will though.

hmm I'm hearing from people that keys are gone until Jan. I have a giftable bundle that I want to gift to myself. What happens if I gift a bundle that doesnt have keys?

[quote name='Punisher138']hmm I'm hearing from people that keys are gone until Jan. I have a giftable bundle that I want to gift to myself. What happens if I gift a bundle that doesnt have keys?[/QUOTE]

You'll get the keys on Mid January.

Managed to get my orders through at like 3 AM, but I can only get keys for Oblivion GOTY, New Vegas Ultimate, and Skyrim. Well, if it had to be just three that's not a bad lineup. I don't particularly mind waiting if that's what I gotta do. Amaaaaazing deal.

[quote name='sunghost']Yeah, I have the same lock on my account for "making too many purchases in a short time period". I've heard it's supposed to unlock in 24 hours, so I guess we'll see.

It's incredibly frustrating when you want to buy something and they won't take their money.. now I know how people must feel when trying to buy stuff from GMG but can't.[/QUOTE]

So thats why I cant purchase in GG. I even bought DMC4 in GMG just to make sure my paypal is working!

If I ask someone to gift me some blue coins, can I use that to purchase my pending order?

[quote name='mnemnoch']So thats why I cant purchase in GG. I even bought DMC4 in GMG just to make sure my paypal is working!

If I ask someone to gift me some blue coins, can I use that to purchase my pending order?[/QUOTE]

I think you should be able to, but I've never tried changing the payment method to blue coins with a pending order. If you do try it, please let me know if it works because I was planning to try that if my paypal doesn't free up soon.

You can change the payment method (there's an option for doing so) but it wouldn't let me buy BCs and I don't have anyone to buy/gift them to me. But in theory it should work.

My other concern was it NOT working and me being stuck with $60 in BCs I didn't want.

[quote name='Syntax Error']You can change the payment method (there's an option for doing so) but it wouldn't let me buy BCs and I don't have anyone to buy/gift them to me. But in theory it should work.

My other concern was it NOT working and me being stuck with $60 in BCs I didn't want.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If I got someone to gift me BC and it doesn't let me purchase the pending order with BC, I'd be pissed.

That is my worries too. But earlier I change the paypal to money something. But apparently GG locked my 2 CC and I cant select blue coins as I don't have the required amount?

So, the takeaway is that I'll have to wait to redeem keys that I would have had to wait on anyway until after the holidays anyway?

Sweet.

I'd like to sell some of the games I don't want/already have (Dishonered, Doom BFG, Oblivion) Is there a way to tell if the key is there now or if it will be available in Jan without pushing the "show key" button?

[quote name='basis']but it's at 9.98 now :([/QUOTE]

Was the 4.99 an error, or do you think GG might honor that price since the site was so messed up while it was on sale?

I have a pending payment, if I pay now will it be a good and safe move? I mean, I don't know if GG won't give me keys or whatever... anyone advice?

[quote name='Estbarul']I have a pending payment, if I pay now will it be a good and safe move? I mean, I don't know if GG won't give me keys or whatever... anyone advice?[/QUOTE]

I'd say go for it. What's the worst that can happen? They refund it?

[quote name='Estbarul']I have a pending payment, if I pay now will it be a good and safe move? I mean, I don't know if GG won't give me keys or whatever... anyone advice?[/QUOTE]

Gamersgate does not have any keys left, for any games in the bundle. They estimate keys will be back mid January

Sweet, sounds like I managed to hit both the crazy Bethesda pack and the D&D Anthology at their lowest prices, just in time. Most of my Bethesda pack is up for grabs except Dishonored and Doom 3.

[quote name='Gvaz']I would have jumped on that D&D thing for $5 but it's $10 now. No sale.[/QUOTE]

I bought it for $20 when it came out and it's still worth it. Getting all of these games at GOG would cost much more than $10.

I'm on the fence with Cargo Commander. I can get it for free with blue coins from Bethesda pack, but it surely will be introduced in a bundle one day. Any opinions about it?

[quote name='seamoss']I bought it for $20 when it came out and it's still worth it. Getting all of these games at GOG would cost much more than $10.[/QUOTE]

They're games that'll be on the backburner for years for me

Guess GG finally fixed the Bethesda Pack glitch. If someone were to get keys before they locked it out, are those keys still valid and safe to activate it?

[quote name='dejeckt']If someone were to get keys before they locked it out, are those keys still valid and safe to activate it?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Anyhow, glad I stayed up late last night. When GG was working again was able to get all 3 keys from the Elder Scrolls collection and all the keys from the Bethesda collection except Fallout 3 and Hunted: The Demon’s Forge.

Even if it is going to be awhile for the Dishonored keys that is fine. My graphics card can't play it anyway. I hope no one gets canned over this glitch but I guess lesson learned right?

[quote name='keiblerfan69']Even if it is going to be awhile for the Dishonored keys that is fine. My graphics card can't play it anyway. I hope no one gets canned over this glitch but I guess lesson learned right?[/QUOTE]

Most likely lesson learned, but we can hope it is not :) I like to think there is a santa of a web programmer up there in GG, stayed up real late just to "accidentally" get this gift out to people. This has happened a fair few times now, someone is fighting high priced gaming from inside the beast itself. Must be, right?

Bought the Bethesda pack, and only got steam codes for 2 out of 11 games. The rest are "out of keys". Despite getting in on the $28 deal, I still feel a little anxious about that.

Got it to work!

I logged out of my Paypal and used a different credit card to pay through the "one time payment" option at PayPal rather than my registered account.

Had to use a real credit card though since it wouldn't accept my (Mastercard) bank debit card.

[quote name='dejeckt']Guess GG finally fixed the Bethesda Pack glitch. If someone were to get keys before they locked it out, are those keys still valid and safe to activate it?[/QUOTE]

I have this exact question.
I managed to go through my history this morning and one of the pages was paypal via GG.
I checked out and got the confirmation email.
Now my problem is that I have 2 (there was no way to remove one copy from the paypal page).

EDIT: Sorry, no. I never got the keys.
My question is what are the odds I still get the keys?
I would like to sell/gift one of the packs but won't even try at the risk of not getting the keys.

From the looks of it, the existing keys are all good. They're just all gone until mid-January.

I'm half surprised GG didn't say "We won't have your keys until April but if you'd like a refund..." :D

I'm pretty sure that if you got the sale to go through you'll get the keys...eventually.

Having said that I think people selling the pack as a gift right now without the keys yet is a bit like saying 'I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today'.

[quote name='Motoki']I'm pretty sure that if you got the sale to go through you'll get the keys...eventually.

Having said that I think people selling the pack as a gift right now without the keys yet is a bit like saying 'I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today'.[/QUOTE]

My thinking too. I know I wouldn't trade or buy a pack without the keys.
I may just try to get a refund for the one giftable copy.

Also, thanks for being both informative and entertaining, Motoki. Hell, everyone on this thread and the steam thread.
I had fun lurking last night/this morning. I was so bummed not getting the pack last night. I tried three hours, took an hour break and tried three more hours before going to bed.
I posted with little hope that someone had an extra pack (last night it seemed common that people were getting double and/or trying to sell a majority of their keys just to keep Dishonored).
Finally, i tried digging through my chrome history to find a checkout page and actually got it to work.
Oh, the best part is that I'm grabbing a few deals this holiday without even having a rig to run any of these games on! I plan to piece one together in late January so I certainly can wait for these keys. Just keeping faith that they will actually come through.
It's been fun. Time to go back into my hole.

[quote name='poxi']I'm on the fence with Cargo Commander. I can get it for free with blue coins from Bethesda pack, but it surely will be introduced in a bundle one day. Any opinions about it?[/QUOTE]

It is very, very fun. I haven't beaten it yet after playing for about 10 hours but I am terrible at it. There's a bit of a dark comedy story and as you go through a sector you can find the dead bodies of other players. I found a cargo container with about 20 dead bodies so I knew something bad was going to happen. I went in anyway and promptly died too. :bouncy:

The one part I don't like is how leveling up is initially handled, but it is addressed after a few levels before which it is unlikely to run into the problem anyway. You have to find unique items in a sector to level, but there may be sectors that only have items you already found. After a couple levels you get consumables that show if a sector has a unique item you haven't found yet so it's not a big deal.

Overall, if you like the idea of a roguelike (sort of) space game with destructible environments and being able to see where other players died in the levels you explore, topped with a bit of a funny story, then you will enjoy it.

[quote name='Gvaz']I would have jumped on that D&D thing for $5 but it's $10 now. No sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here, had it in my cart last night, couldn't get the transaction to complete :cry:

Meh, keep an eye out. I shouldn't have sold all my original discs, d'oh!

[quote name='Estbarul']Anyone knows what the paypal 10417 error means? that's not letting me have the Bathesda pack![/QUOTE]

You're a little late anyway.

[quote name='Tsel']You're a little late anyway.[/QUOTE]

I'm not late, i guess. I have the purchase order (the receipt to confirm the gamesgate order), I just have to complete the payment through paypal.

So, what the consensus for all the people that were able to get the Bethesda pack and the keys? Are they honoring the sale price and won't be revoking any of the keys?

Is still a bit awkward for me since they validated my order, paid for it, Paypal reversed the payment almost immediately because "sophisticated anti-fraud measures", still the order was completed and got my keys.

I send them a support ticket yesterday so they can reissue me another invoice so I can pay again for the pack because I want to keep my codes, but either they are getting hammered from people who don't got the keys and want a refund or they just don't want to work this close to the holidays.

[quote name='Bort_']So, what the consensus for all the people that were able to get the Bethesda pack and the keys? Are they honoring the sale price and won't be revoking any of the keys?
[/QUOTE]

well I don't have any keys, but my understanding is that you will be getting them, and nothing will be revoked, and if you're good, you are good. But I have no idea what's going on with your situation. My games are on my shelf, but it says awaiting Keys essentially.

[quote name='AgentW']well I don't have any keys, but my understanding is that you will be getting them, and nothing will be revoked, and if you're good, you are good. But I have no idea what's going on with your situation. My games are on my shelf, but it says awaiting Keys essentially.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I also have the games in my shelf and I was able to retrieve the keys yesterday, that's the main reason I want to pay for the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back