GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those crazy Swedes must be hitting the booze pretty hard at the company Christmas parties every night before hitting the big SALE buttons.

So I was still able to order the Bethesda collection from GG because it was sitting in my account. I just gifted it to myself but I am assuming nothing shows up when I click on it because they are out of keys? Never used gamersgate before.

I apologize for bringing up old news, but I purchased the Bethesda pack, I have the Paypal confirmation, but the funds haven't been withdrawn from my bank account yet. I've redeemed 2 codes (Skyrim and Dishonoured) so I doubt they'll cancel my order. Is there usually this much delay between Paypal and the bank? I've purchased games from GG before and don't remember this long a delay.Or should I chalk this up to horrible pricing mistake/GG still cleaning up mess? Any help is appreciated.

[quote name='shrinerr']I apologize for bringing up old news, but I purchased the Bethesda pack, I have the Paypal confirmation, but the funds haven't been withdrawn from my bank account yet. I've redeemed 2 codes (Skyrim and Dishonoured) so I doubt they'll cancel my order. Is there usually this much delay between Paypal and the bank? I've purchased games from GG before and don't remember this long a delay.Or should I chalk this up to horrible pricing mistake/GG still cleaning up mess? Any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

For me, PayPal purchases can take anywhere from 1-5 days to show up. Depends on what day it is and if it's the weekend or it's a holiday. Seeing as it's both, I'd say you can expect it to show up anywhere between now and the 26th.

[quote name='Tsel']Dammit, I missed the Viking sale. That literally happened right after I went to bed.[/QUOTE]

Same but I already had it from an Amazon pack earlier. (Maybe I should complain to someone? A cheaper price for something I bought recently? Outrage! Outrage I tell you ;))

Anyhoo, I'm kind afraid to go to bed now. I think I should just sit at the computer all night with toothpicks holding my eyelids open F5ing at GG looking for price mistakes.

[quote name='shrinerr']I apologize for bringing up old news, but I purchased the Bethesda pack, I have the Paypal confirmation, but the funds haven't been withdrawn from my bank account yet. I've redeemed 2 codes (Skyrim and Dishonoured) so I doubt they'll cancel my order. Is there usually this much delay between Paypal and the bank? I've purchased games from GG before and don't remember this long a delay.Or should I chalk this up to horrible pricing mistake/GG still cleaning up mess? Any help is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

You're probably ok because of the serial codes.

There could be several explanations. First, your bank could be holding off processing transactions until after the holidays. Second, there could be a delay on paypal's side with the bank, although GG was paid.

But, I'd probably check with paypal just to make sure. Here is their contact info:

1-888-221-1161
1-402-935-2050 (if calling from outside the U.S.)
4:00 AM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time Monday through Friday
6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific Time Saturday and Sunday

I have one more question, thanks to all of you who have answered me!

I've never bought anything on GG, so I don't know where the keys are and stuff, i bought the Bethesda Collection, but nothing appears on the right column in My Library under details or game besides the notice GG gave about the keys. Is it okay? Shouldn't there be something like "No keys" or "Keys soon" IDK.. thank you!

FYI to those who got Alan Wake: AN and are looking for Alan Wake. GMG is offering Alan Wake Collector's edition on Dec 26 for 75% off with prob 30% off that, or $6.11 if my math is right. Hopefully, they will have Alan Wake vanilla also for 75% off.

[quote name='Estbarul']I have one more question, thanks to all of you who have answered me!

I've never bought anything on GG, so I don't know where the keys are and stuff, i bought the Bethesda Collection, but nothing appears on the right column in My Library under details or game besides the notice GG gave about the keys. Is it okay? Shouldn't there be something like "No keys" or "Keys soon" IDK.. thank you![/QUOTE]

No in this case when you click the box to "show serial key" it will just give you the popup box message about needing to get more keys from the developer etc.

That's normal in this case but keep in mind this is sort of a one off situation and normally you would click that box and just get your keys.

[quote name='Motoki']Same but I already had it from an Amazon pack earlier. (Maybe I should complain to someone? A cheaper price for something I bought recently? Outrage! Outrage I tell you ;))

Anyhoo, I'm kind afraid to go to bed now. I think I should just sit at the computer all night with toothpicks holding my eyelids open F5ing at GG looking for price mistakes.[/QUOTE]

eyeclamp.jpg
clockwork.jpg

[quote name='Motoki']No in this case when you click the box to "show serial key" it will just give you the popup box message about needing to get more keys from the developer etc.

That's normal in this case but keep in mind this is sort of a one off situation and normally you would click that box and just get your keys.[/QUOTE]

They ran out of Viking keys too.

BTW Gamersgate ain't no joke now about locking your ass out for a day once you do two purchases in a row.

I tried to get 4 $5 things to get one free. So then I went to do the IAMANELDERGEEK to get the discounts on the coins. Well I needed 14000 blue coins but if you put a 10000 pack and then multiple 1000 packs in there then you will only get the discount on one of the cheapest items so I went to do them all as single purchases.

Yes I am that god damned cheap to save a nickel and yes I could have gotten a 10000 pack and a 5000 pack but I didn't need 15000 I needed 14000 so I was trying to pay the minimum.

I already used up my two Moneybooker allotted transactions for the day as well as my two paypal ones. I'll either have to run to the Safeway and throw a dollar in the damned coinstar to get a code to redeem or wait a day I guess.

Anyway, TL;DR be careful with the multiple purchases.

[quote name='Motoki']BTW Gamersgate ain't no joke now about locking your ass out for a day once you do two purchases in a row.

I tried to get 4 $5 things to get one free. So then I went to do the IAMANELDERGEEK to get the discounts on the coins. Well I needed 14000 blue coins but if you put a 10000 pack and then multiple 1000 packs in there then you will only get the discount on one of the cheapest items so I went to do them all as single purchases.

Yes I am that god damned cheap to save a nickel and yes I could have gotten a 10000 pack and a 5000 pack but I didn't need 15000 I needed 14000 so I was trying to pay the minimum.

I already used up my two Moneybooker allotted transactions for the day as well as my two paypal ones. I'll either have to run to the Safeway and throw a dollar in the damned coinstar to get a code to redeem or wait a day I guess.

Anyway, TL;DR be careful with the multiple purchases.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's happened to me before too. I just learned to get as close to the amount I need . It's not worth potentially missing out on a deal because I didn't want to buy 1 or 2 dollars worth of blue coins

[quote name='Motoki']No in this case when you click the box to "show serial key" it will just give you the popup box message about needing to get more keys from the developer etc.

That's normal in this case but keep in mind this is sort of a one off situation and normally you would click that box and just get your keys.[/QUOTE]

thank you motoki, so I should not be worried right, as this is 1 time situation? or just painfully wait until the fog clears in January (?) ?

[quote name='Estbarul']thank you motoki, so I should not be worried right, as this is 1 time situation? or just painfully wait until the fog clears in January (?) ?[/QUOTE]

Yep it should be fine. I don't think any of us can say for 100% certain until the keys come and I'm waiting on a bunch too just like a bunch of other people, but considering they haven't cancelled the orders on anyone I think we're all in the clear and just have to wait it out.

[quote name='Motoki']Yep it should be fine. I don't think any of us can say for 100% certain until the keys come and I'm waiting on a bunch too just like a bunch of other people, but considering they haven't cancelled the orders on anyone I think we're all in the clear and just have to wait it out.[/QUOTE]

wow fast response! thanks, I've made my Steam account a few months ago and I'm still learning this sale madness across the stores. So thank you for the help!

It's not just the Beth pack. I'm waiting on a Viking Battle for Asgard key. I've never had to wait on GG keys before. Their glitches are getting too widely known now.

Yeah I wonder how much the loss too, not with the bundle, but with the site, it was too damn slow, I'm sure nobody made a single purchase while the bundle madness was hot.

[quote name='Motoki']Every time I see this thread bumped I'm like come one 91% come on 91% :lol:[/QUOTE]

I concur. Do I dare go to bed at a normal hour?

I saw Big Mutha Truckers and almost was going to get it but couldn't quite bring myself to pull the trigger. I suppose I could get it with the two Soul Reavers @$3 ea and hope they aren't DRM free like it says (yeah right) and find something else for $3 and get one free.

Eh. I can't seem to find the motivation. And I've been on a buying frenzy lately too.

[quote name='Mooby']Dead Space hasn't been a daily/flash yet. Typically Steam sells the pair for $7.50... maybe $10.[/QUOTE]

For people that don't need it on Steam and are okay with Origin, Amazon often has it on sale for $8 for both games, probably even less in the future. I know people hate Origin, but I find the customer service great compared to Steam which is useful for games with DRM (like Dead Space 2).

Big Mutha Truckers 2... lol. You know the true name of the game is "Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder!"

Fun game though. Still should be a bit cheaper.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Big Mutha Truckers 2... lol. You know the true name of the game is "Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder!"

Fun game though. Still should be a bit cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Sort of, that's the European name. Gamersgate is using a PAL boxart.

[quote name='theclaw']Sort of, that's the European name. Gamersgate is using a PAL boxart.[/QUOTE]
Nope, I've got the US Xbox version it's also called that. Thing is, the box art doesn't say "Truck Me Harder!", but once you turn on the game the title menu says it.

Anybody here have a an opinion on Commander:Conquest of the Americas? Seems like one of those great titles no one ever played. At $1.18 I'll probably snatch it.

[quote name='DrummerX']Anybody here have a an opinion on Commander:Conquest of the Americas? Seems like one of those great titles no one ever played. At $1.18 I'll probably snatch it.[/QUOTE]
It was in Indie Gala X, so you may possibly find someone selling a key for $0.50 or so. I checked it out and it didn't look too bad, but I'm not a big strategy guy.

Need your opinions,

so i bought the bethesda pack,

i already have new vegas and oblivion in my library,

should i activate the oblivion GOTYED and new vegas UE just for the sake of the DLC's?

or should i just save the keys and trade them for other games?

cant decide...

If you want the expansions/DLC. (Which are apparently good I hear. I wouldn't know I've never had any of the DLCs or expansions.) Then yes.

If not try to trade or sell them .

I don't think Steam even sells a straight up Vanilla Oblivion. AFAIK any version they sell has Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles. The only difference is one version has the little DLC like horsey armor and forts and crap like that while the other one doesn't.

Anyway, I think the one GG sells doesn't have the horsey armor.

For New Vegas though some of the DLC is really good, particularly Old World Blues so I would go for it.

Not like you spent a lot on that pack anyway. :p

[quote name='Motoki']I don't think Steam even sells a straight up Vanilla Oblivion. AFAIK any version they sell has Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles. The only difference is one version has the little DLC like horsey armor and forts and crap like that while the other one doesn't.

For New Vegas though some of the DLC is really good, particularly Old World Blues so I would go for it.

Not like you spent a lot on that pack anyway. :p[/QUOTE]
They used to IIRC.

[quote name='Fluxy']should i activate the oblivion GOTYED and new vegas UE just for the sake of the DLC's?[/QUOTE]
Definitely for FO:NV. The DLC is worth buying, and you'll never be able to buy it separately for anywhere near as little as that key is worth. ($6 at the very most, more likely $4-5)

[quote name='Motoki']I don't think Steam even sells a straight up Vanilla Oblivion. AFAIK any version they sell has Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles. The only difference is one version has the little DLC like horsey armor and forts and crap like that while the other one doesn't.

Not like you spent a lot on that pack anyway. :p[/QUOTE]

hmm my game for oblivion only says "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" doesnt say GOTY is it still GOTY tho?

[quote name='Detruire']Definitely for FO:NV. The DLC is worth buying, and you'll never be able to buy it separately for anywhere near as little as that key is worth. ($6 at the very most, more likely $4-5)[/QUOTE]
What the key is worth eh?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/2028016/
19.99$ for the same thing. (And people are buying it too. It's the 68th best selling game on Steam right now)

The price of the Beth bundle ,27.32 evens out to about 2.5$ per game.

Even then, I think that if you think it's only worth ~4 or 5$ just because of a pricing error. That's absurd.

In that case, hey anyone got a Far Cry 3 key they'd sell me for 2.66$? (Since it was sold in a bundle for all 3 games for 8$ by gamestop with a pricing error last week)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back