GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Idiotekque']I say we fly to Sweden and set fire to their offices.[/QUOTE]

800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

Actually, that is a pretty good approximation of their Facebook page right now. And if people think we are carrying on trust me we are being polite compared to most of them.

They are really shooting themselves in the foot. They need to get this solved and put it behind them and SOON. No store needs negative word of mouth like this and on the internet things spread like wildfire.

[quote name='Motoki']I think the problem most people had with the IGN incident is not so much the discount ending, which of course is a disappointment, but rather no notice and then their refusing to take any responsibility for the wording on their own site which obviously gave a different impression than what ended up happening.

Shit happens and I think most reasonable people understand that. Most reasonable people don't, however, understand the permanent doesn't mean permanent.

There are also some recent incidents with Indiefort where Gamersgate's customer service told people that a certain game did not come with Steam keys even though the developer stated he turned the Steam keys over to them. Had GG spent as much time checking into it as they did denying any responsibility and saying it was not their problem then they would have easily found out the developer did issue Steam keys.

Now they are refunding some people with partially redeemed bundles their money back after previously stating they would provide the keys when they could get them. Yet again they take action before announcing anything.

They had time to figure out what to do with this Bethesda bundle incident already and if they are going to take action then I think it would be best to have some sort of communication and dialog with the customers beyond some people finding a 'by the way we refunded your money' email in their box after they get the refund.

People have redeemed these keys, traded them, sold them and so forth and now no one knows what to do. Understandably people are nervous. If you aren't that's great but don't tell other people they don't have the right to be.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I'm not telling people not to be nervous. I'm telling you that I've done a lot of dealings with GamersGate thus far (level 5), and I've sent a lot of support requests when I've made accidental purchases and such, and each time they've taken care of it.

I wasn't aware of the issue with the IndieFort game, so that's new to me. I'm not sure what that says about them as a company, as it could be many things, but I do agree that their communication skills need A LOT of work. I apologize if I came off as being aggressively trying to persuade or demanding of you guys. I was just a bit taken at the time by the impulsiveness that's being shown.

[quote name='Tsel']I don't think I'll be staying up as late tonight, so if some kind of once-in-a-lifetime deal happens to pop up again, would a kindly CAG pick up an extra copy for me? I kid, I kid. No, but really.[/QUOTE]

But, but, but... you're going to miss Bioshock Infinite 90% off! :)

[quote name='Severose']Like I said, I'm not telling people not to be nervous. I'm telling you that I've done a lot of dealings with GamersGate thus far (level 5)...[/QUOTE]

Yes I know. I see your reviews there. A LOT. :p

So I ordered and paid for 2 copies of the Bethesda pack the night they were on "sale." I managed to get a key for Dishonored and Skyrim and activated them on Steam before GG went down and "ran out of keys." Afterwards in my inventory I had the Bethesda New Year Collection (2) listed but there seemed to only be 1 entry for each game. Yesterday, this changed and there's no longer a 2 associated with the pack but I've not gotten any sort of refund or email from them about this. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I contact them and ask for a refund? They definitely got paid for 2 packs and if they have cancelled 1 of them entirely I obviously want my money back.

[quote name='SeymourGams']I asked last night and didn't see a response, sorry if it had been covered:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-BACHQR/batman-arkham-city-harley-quinns-revenge-dlc

If I buy that will it attach to my game on Steam? Steam stopped selling it...[/QUOTE]

Hmm, it's listed under Games for Windows DRM...I have several steam games which also operate through games for windows, such as Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, and Toy Soldiers. I'd say yes, it will activate with Steam....but that's not fact, just based off past experience.

*Edit, btw, steam is pushing the GOTY edition I believe is why they removed the individual packs. The pages are still up for them

[quote name='The End']Whaaaa? I could swear I saw that in the Steam store a few days ago. I actually gave thought to picking it up.

When did the Batman AC DLC get removed?[/QUOTE]

It's still on my wishlist but if you click the link it goes to the GOTY page.

I got everything but Fallout 3 & Brink from that bundle and got the full refund, worked out for me... curious what the further compensation may be.

[quote name='Larce80']how come the daily games havent changed?[/QUOTE]

It's been like that lately. I don't know if it's intentional or whatever changes they have been making that is screwing up the pricing is making the dailies not flip right away or what.

I have to say though as someone who used to check Gamersgate every day for dailies I've stop caring. It's not worth the hassle or worryment of dealing with them.

At this point if they literally were giving games away I think I'd pass.

[quote name='The End']You need to take a closer look at that page.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SeymourGams']Clicking that just led me to the page where it tells me to buy the GOTY edition...[/QUOTE]

Lmfao... Gotcha, the title led me to believe otherwise. Lame. Looks like an error though. Harley Quinn, and GOTY. Weird.

Kinda sucks, but I got Batman AC for free from Tony. So if I gotta pay for the GOTY version to get the DLC, it'll just be like I never got it from Tony and I waited until the GOTY version to buy. No big deal really. Probably end up costing me the same in the long run.

On a completely unrelated topic, I have a fierce craving for some Crab Rangoons. Only it's 3:30 in the morning here. So I have nowhere to go to get any. :(

[quote name='nategator']Wow, lots more rage on GG's facebook page.

Funniest post I saw:

[/B][/QUOTE]

he took what off!?!..........wait, I don't want to know.

The Unlock bonuses for Indiefort bundle were supposed to be released on the 27th, haven't seen those either.

* All the Unlocks will be released 27th December.

Unlocks 4,123 bundles sold

spacer.gif

1000 sales
Zombie Shooter
Human Tanks OST
SPAZ OST
spacer.gif

2000 sales
Alien Shooter Revisited
Syder Arcade Android
Aeon Command OST

spacer.gif

3000 sales
A.Typical RPG
Caster Mac
Zombies OST
Achron OST

spacer.gif

4000 sales
Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded
Storm over the Pacific
Bridge-it Add-on
Syder Arcade OST

[quote name='The End']Whaaaa? I could swear I saw that in the Steam store a few days ago. I actually gave thought to picking it up.

When did the Batman AC DLC get removed?[/QUOTE]
The DLC was available separately when the franchise was on flash sale during the first day. It was removed sometime between then and when it was a daily deal on the 25th(?)

[quote name='Detruire']The DLC was available separately when the franchise was on flash sale during the first day. It was removed sometime between then and when it was a daily deal on the 25th(?)[/QUOTE]
Yes, I can confirm. I was thinking hard about picking them up then, and had separate tabs open for each. I added up the DLC individually compared to the GOTY edition, and it came out like $0.20 more, but the base game has 5 activations Vs. the GOTY version only having 3, and they are separate entries in the steam library, which is why I was going to pick up the rest of the dlc for the, now useless base game sitting in my library since I already have the GOTY edition.

[quote name='The End']Kinda sucks, but I got Batman AC for free from Tony. So if I gotta pay for the GOTY version to get the DLC, it'll just be like I never got it from Tony and I waited until the GOTY version to buy. No big deal really. Probably end up costing me the same in the long run.

On a completely unrelated topic, I have a fierce craving for some Crab Rangoons. Only it's 3:30 in the morning here. So I have nowhere to go to get any. :([/QUOTE]

There isn't much point when the whole thing costs so little on sale. GOTY version was recently down to like $5.25 from the Green Man Gaming thread. I'd expect a comparable deal somewhere next year.

You're not missing out on that much by not playing the DLC, honestly. Outside of the novelty of playing a different character, it's not a whole lot of content.

If you like the storyline a lot, I suggest hunting down the Arkham City tie-in comics.

[quote name='talon2099']So I ordered and paid for 2 copies of the Bethesda pack the night they were on "sale." I managed to get a key for Dishonored and Skyrim and activated them on Steam before GG went down and "ran out of keys." Afterwards in my inventory I had the Bethesda New Year Collection (2) listed but there seemed to only be 1 entry for each game. Yesterday, this changed and there's no longer a 2 associated with the pack but I've not gotten any sort of refund or email from them about this. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I contact them and ask for a refund? They definitely got paid for 2 packs and if they have cancelled 1 of them entirely I obviously want my money back.[/QUOTE]

OMG, are you me ... exact same thing .. well, except I also activated RAGE in addition to skyrim and dishonored, but yeah, my 2nd set disappeared and I haven't heard anything / no refunds ... so keep me posted and I'll do the same

[quote name='Lemstar']You're not missing out on that much by not playing the DLC, honestly. Outside of the novelty of playing a different character, it's not a whole lot of content.

If you like the storyline a lot, I suggest hunting down the Arkham City tie-in comics.[/QUOTE]

The other characters are not playable in the single player main game, right? I only wanted the Harley Quinn DLC because it was a story DLC. I bought the non-GOTY version and that's all I want, I don't want to have to buy another copy just to play DLC.

[quote name='SeymourGams']The other characters are not playable in the single player main game, right? I only wanted the Harley Quinn DLC because it was a story DLC. I bought the non-GOTY version and that's all I want, I don't want to have to buy another copy just to play DLC.[/QUOTE]

Correct, you can't play as the other characters in the main game. You do play as Robin in the Harley Quinn DLC though...and just so you're not disappointed, the Harley Quinn dlc barely has any story.

[quote name='Jon7']Correct, you can't play as the other characters in the main game. You do play as Robin in the Harley Quinn DLC though...and just so you're not disappointed, the Harley Quinn dlc barely has any story.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation.

So back to my original question... do we think it will attach if I buy it. They are both GWL, right?

[quote name='Raptor25']I got everything but Fallout 3 & Brink from that bundle and got the full refund, worked out for me... curious what the further compensation may be.[/QUOTE]

If its anything like what they said they'd do for the ign deal....

I am hesitant to ask for a refund for the four pack because I didn't get that email and at least the Bethesda pack seems to still be in my list

[quote name='SeymourGams']Thanks for the confirmation.

So back to my original question... do we think it will attach if I buy it. They are both GWL, right?[/QUOTE]

It should let you put the key into the GFWL client and let you download it through there regardless of where you got the base game since you have to activate the base game on GFWL anyway.

I actually enjoyed the Batman AC DLC. I found the combat was much more enjoyable and the idea of being able to play the challenge maps as Nightwing, Robin, and Catwoman very appealing. They all play just slightly different from one another and some of the moves are awesome.

I liked the Batman costume DLC because I could switch between all the different popular iterations and I have a special nostalgic affinity for the TV series Batman.

Harley was short and not terribly great, but it was more Batman AC and I didn't regret playing.

So GOTY may not be necessary for everyone, particularly those that don't enjoy the Challenge stuff; but if you did...you may want it after all.

I'm trying to sign up in their site but whenever I input my info it redirects me back and wants me to input my info again. Is anyone having the same issue?

[quote name='Etna']I'm trying to sign up in their site but whenever I input my info it redirects me back and wants me to input my info again. Is anyone having the same issue?[/QUOTE]

Started happening shortly after the BL2 chaos. Someone speculated that it was to prevent people from creating accounts to gift keys. I have no clue whether that is true or not, but it's possible. Either way, yeah, it's happening to lots of people.

That's weird... I had purchased 2 4-packs of BL2, but they were removed from my library like everyone else and I was issued a refund. Except that there was one copy that I had hit the download button for and that wasn't removed. However it had no button for a serial key, just a download link so it was pretty much useless.

But now, its got the "unused serial keys" message in red, however when I click on the "show serial key" button it gives me this message
Unfortunately, we are out of serial keys. The developers have been contacted and we will supply keys as soon as they are delivered to us. We apologize for the inconvenience
Does this mean I'll eventually get a serial key for that one copy? Has this happened to anyone else?

[quote name='aronater']That's weird... I had purchased 2 4-packs of BL2, but they were removed from my library like everyone else and I was issued a refund. Except that there was one copy that I had hit the download button for and that wasn't removed. However it had no button for a serial key, just a download link so it was pretty much useless.

But now, its got the "unused serial keys" message in red, however when I click on the "show serial key" button it gives me this message
Does this mean I'll eventually get a serial key for that one copy? Has this happened to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I get the same thing. I still have all 4 of my copies in my library. I have a code for one. Then two gift options and then a show serial key option for the final one.

Anyone here use Moneybookers for their payment? And if so, have you seen a refund yet? I've got the e-mail from GamersGate, my games have been pulled from my account, but nothing actually indicating a refund is incoming. I gave them 24 hours in hope that I would see it this morning, but nothing.

Very frustrating.

[quote name='Detruire']At a guess, it's not available in your region. It's still showing as $4.99 for me.[/QUOTE]

It's bugged, it goes from 4.99$ to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back