GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='soulkyo']Do you know how to start the dispute?[/QUOTE]

There's a link for it on Paypal. It should be there on the page where you view the transaction IIRC.

Got a refund today for 2 BL2 4-packs and Future Soldier. The one copy of BL2 I gifted myself is still sitting in my inventory. Nothing's happened to two unopened Bethesda packs yet.

[quote name='soulkyo']How did you guys get your refunds? I've submitted tickets and emailed them and nothing :([/QUOTE]
I created a support ticket sometime last week but got no responses. I was just surprised by it this morning. I would say just wait till the end of the day and if you still don't have a refund just file a chargeback.

[quote name='Motoki']There's a link for it on Paypal. It should be there on the page where you view the transaction IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, found it :D

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']I created a support ticket sometime last week but got no responses. I was just surprised by it this morning. I would say just wait till the end of the day and if you still don't have a refund just file a chargeback.[/QUOTE]

Well the Paypal dispute doesn't actually file a chargeback per say, it just sends a message to GG through Paypal and later if they don't respond then you can escalate it to a chargeback.

There's really no harm in doing it I don't think. It's basically like submitting a support ticket but just forwarded through Paypal's system. Paypal doesn't even look at it at that point.

[quote name='Motoki']Well the Paypal dispute doesn't actually file a chargeback per say, it just sends a message to GG through Paypal and later if they don't respond then you can escalate it to a chargeback.

There's really no harm in doing it I don't think. It's basically like submitting a support ticket but just forwarded through Paypal's system. Paypal doesn't even look at it at that point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think that when you escalate it to a Paypal claim is when you have a chance on receiving a refund. Right? :roll:

[quote name='soulkyo']Yeah, I think that when you escalate it to a Paypal claim is when you have a chance on receiving a refund. Right? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Probably. I was going to wait but when I read how the Paypal dispute works, that they don't intervene until you tried to resolve with the merchant first and a set time (which I'm still not quite sure how long) has elapsed, then I figured it's better to just get that ball rolling.

Then if I do have to escalate it, Paypal has direct proof in their system that I tried contacting them and got no response in X # of days.

I'm glad I got the single copy when it was glitchy for about $15. Great price and doubtful that they'll bother to try and revoke the key or whatever because it's not that far off the mark comapred to the $5 or $11 4-packs.

It seems awfully fishy that refunds started going through now after about four days of none. Why else would refunds go through on Friday and today, but not the days in between? Gamersgate must have been up to something. That's the only possibly explanation. Else we'd have to assume that there is something different about the last four days, and that's just crazy talk. :whistle2:k

I think the official word will be no keys to fill in partial bundles. I just don't see Bethesda and 2k wanting to let any more keys go through at those prices. In the end, I think those with partial bundles will get their money back and get to keep the keys they got.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrBonk']Still no official word from them eh? It's Wednesday, guess that still leaves 4 2 days in the week before "next week" is over[/QUOTE]

You seriously except them to work on Weekends? They don't work on holidays and apparently can't get their shit together the week between holidays either.

[quote name='Motoki']You seriously except them to work on Weekends? They don't work on holidays and apparently can't get their shit together the week between holidays either.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but they work nights, right? I mean, it's 2am when they flip the pricing...

[quote name='gilby']It seems awfully fishy that refunds started going through now after about four days of none. Why else would refunds go through on Friday and today, but not the days in between? Gamersgate must have been up to something. That's the only possibly explanation. Else we'd have to assume that there is something different about the last four days, and that's just crazy talk. :whistle2:\"

I think the official word will be no keys to fill in partial bundles. I just don't see Bethesda and 2k wanting to let any more keys go through at those prices. In the end, I think those with partial bundles will get their money back and get to keep the keys they got.[/QUOTE]

I have two theories, the mofos are earning interest on the money being held, the second one is that Bethesda and 2K refused to play along so they are trying to cover as much losses as they can by refunding everyone, only time will tell what will happen with the partial Bethesda packs, I'll be damned but I will wait until the first week of February and see what happens, if nothing comes up I'll have to choice to to go for that chargeback.

I know it's hard to certain people to swallow that these are shady business practices but, in all this time of silence they have been steadily tidying things up to leave to record of any statement referring to any remote concept of honor from their part, they even changed the invoices on their site. I have screenshots of everything though.

[quote name='Motoki']You seriously except them to work on Weekends? They don't work on holidays and apparently can't get their shit together the week between holidays either.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they capable of getting it together at all.

[quote name='gilby']It seems awfully fishy that refunds started going through now after about four days of none. Why else would refunds go through on Friday and today, but not the days in between? Gamersgate must have been up to something. That's the only possibly explanation. Else we'd have to assume that there is something different about the last four days, and that's just crazy talk. :whistle2:\"

I think the official word will be no keys to fill in partial bundles. I just don't see Bethesda and 2k wanting to let any more keys go through at those prices. In the end, I think those with partial bundles will get their money back and get to keep the keys they got.[/QUOTE]
I bought Skyrim and FO:NV off two different people, hopefully they don't get revoked.

Was gonna respond, cut them slack, it's the holidays but Motoki beat me.

Side note: Powered on Xbox last night and installed the free episode 1 of The Walking Dead, and wow can't wait for it to go cheaper on PC to pick up all of it.

[quote name='DonRamon']I have two theories, the mofos are earning interest on the money being held, the second one is that Bethesda and 2K refused to play along so they are trying to cover as much losses as they can by refunding everyone, only time will tell what will happen with the partial Bethesda packs, I'll be damned but I will wait until the first week of February and see what happens, if nothing comes up I'll have to choice to to go for that chargeback. [/QUOTE]

There's not any sort of money to be made on interest over these sorts of short terms. Your second idea is likely on, though. The publishers would love to pull everything and make sure nothing went at these prices, but as Motoki and others have pointed out, that would turn the PR damage to them. Not likely happening. Instead, they'll just refuse to allow keys to be sold at those prices, and Gamersgate will be forced to issue refunds on all of the partial packs, eating the entire loss.

I don't think they capable of getting it together at all.

Likely not. Given the size of their company and staff, they just aren't equipped to handle a problem of this magnitude.

[quote name='gilby']There's not any sort of money to be made on interest over these sorts of short terms. Your second idea is likely on, though. The publishers would love to pull everything and make sure nothing went at these prices, but as Motoki and others have pointed out, that would turn the PR damage to them. Not likely happening. Instead, they'll just refuse to allow keys to be sold at those prices, and Gamersgate will be forced to issue refunds on all of the partial packs, eating the entire loss.

Likely not. Given the size of their company and staff, they just aren't equipped to handle a problem of this magnitude.[/QUOTE]

30338721.jpg

There's no interest to be made of that money in this short of a time, but I wouldn't put it past them to fly to Vegas and bet it all on black.

[quote name='walkonshadows']There's no interest to be made of that money in this short of a time, but I wouldn't put it past them to fly to Vegas and bet it all on black.[/QUOTE]
"Our only hope is to get to Atlantic City and bet the company payroll before the boss finds out about our mistake!"

I think I saw that movie.

Just got refunded today for my Bethesda pack. I had a ticket in asking what was going on with the situation never asked for a refund was debating about it but they just forced a refund and sent me my money back through paypal.

I was never able to get any of the keys so I am happy at least I have my money back. But I will never order anything from them again.

Edit... So I was refunded but the Bethesda pack is still in my game inventory on GG. Um ok sure.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Just got refunded today for my Bethesda pack. I had a ticket in asking what was going on with the situation never asked for a refund was debating about it but they just forced a refund and sent me my money back through paypal.

I was never able to get any of the keys so I am happy at least I have my money back. But I will never order anything from them again.

Edit... So I was refunded but the Bethesda pack is still in my game inventory on GG. Um ok sure.[/QUOTE]

(looking at the avatar)

What? What were you saying?? boobs on sale?

So what's happening with games that were already bought and redeemed on Steam? I haven't been following GamerGate mess... Tried finding a response from them but so far it, I've only found this.

Holiday Sale Bundle Issue Update:

We made a mistake. Our computer program grossly multiplied the discounts we were authorized to offer on these bundles and they were advertised at way below cost. We did not notice this on the day of the mistake because of the holidays. We have cancelled all unfulfilled orders as per our terms of use. We are working with the affected publishers to see what we can do with respect to partially filled orders. We highly value all of our loyal GamersGate customers and do not want to see our relationship with any of you damaged. Nor do we want to see our publisher partners harmed by our computer glitch. We are doing all that we can to sort this out, however due to the holidays we will most likely not be able to sort this out until next week. Please bear with us and forgive us for this disappointing error. We will update you as soon as possible.

So are games already redeemed safe or is there a way for them to pull the keys?

Broad opinion seems to be that redeemed keys are probably safe and Beth/2K/Steam probably wouldn't want to embroil themselves in the mess by revoking them...

...but I'd be wary of selling them to an unsuspecting party or buying one from a guy who you wouldn't trust to refund you if it came down to it.

The show serial button suddenly appears for Tom Clancy future solider today even though they already refunded me. no, i did not try to use the keys yet. :rofl:

[quote name='Syntax Error']Broad opinion seems to be that redeemed keys are probably safe and Beth/2K/Steam probably wouldn't want to embroil themselves in the mess by revoking them...

...but I'd be wary of selling them to an unsuspecting party or buying one from a guy who you wouldn't trust to refund you if it came down to it.[/QUOTE]

This.

I personally would say there is a 99% chance they won't get revoked because Bethesda and 2K have way too much god damned sense than to stir up that hornets nest.

Doesn't mean that GG won't beg, please (edit: I meant to say plead but at this point they're probably desperate enough to, ahem, please too to get their way), cry, threaten, promise their first born child or a year's supply of Swedish meatballs and a discount on Ikea furniture to try to get them to do it, but in the end I just think those publishers have too little to gain and too much to lose by revoking those keys and GG will be SOL.

Having said that, at this point might not want to buy or sell them until anyone knows for sure what's going on, if we ever do.

[quote name='tfr']The show serial button suddenly appears for Tom Clancy future solider today even though they already refunded me. no, i did not try to use the keys yet. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Damn, now I wish I didn't bitch to GG about having mine removed from my library :lol:

That's how they get you!

[quote name='tfr']The show serial button suddenly appears for Tom Clancy future solider today even though they already refunded me. no, i did not try to use the keys yet. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Oh Gamersgate! You give me games you already refunded me for, but yet I am still waiting for those Viking keys to get backfilled.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Damn, now I wish I didn't bitch to GG about having mine removed from my library :lol:

That's how they get you![/QUOTE]

You know, when you posted about it I was on the verge of emailing them myself. Glad I didn't!

Thanks. Since they never refunded me my blue coins, I feel no guilt about grabbing the serial. UPlay's patching to 1.5 right now then I'll see if it works. Also opened up a Paypal claim for my Borderlands pack in hopes that'll get the ball rolling.

Edit: Key works.

Guys, not trying to kick a hornets nest, but has anyone kept an unused FO:NV key that they wouldn´t mind giving away? I managed to buy it, get keys for this + Skyrim, but did not load the key to FO:NV into steam. Now they´re all gone.

Got my key for TC:GR DE as well, but I was refunded the BC that I was charged for it. I had already sent them a message about it, asking them if I could still get it for the same price now, but free is even better. I won't be butt-hurt if they do end up taking the BC out of my account though. I'll keep you updated.

[quote name='Stonekeep']I envy you, is Real Warfare 1 and 2 included?[/QUOTE]

Yes, Real Warfare: 1242 and Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusades

[quote name='gilby']
Likely not. Given the size of their company and staff, they just aren't equipped to handle a problem of this magnitude.[/QUOTE]

What I find scary about that is that supposedly(?) they are the largest digital distributor on the planet? (That's what the CEO said anyway, if I understood right...)

I got the refund email 9 hrs ago but I dont have the money back in my account/paypal. How long does it take?

[quote name='Tolyngee']What I find scary about that is that supposedly(?) they are the largest digital distributor on the planet? (That's what the CEO said anyway, if I understood right...)[/QUOTE]

In that case maybe they have enough money to weather this and not go out of business. It'd be nice to continue to have them around so I can download my games in the future, but I'm not counting on that right now.

But it isn't hard to imagine doing a ton of business with a small staff and light resources. Things are handled automatically, with little labor needed. The problem is that mistakes are handled automatically as well, leading to them in a situation beyond what they can handle.

Until I'm confident they'll be around later this year, I'm avoiding buying anything from them that isn't a Steam code.

[quote name='gilby']Until I'm confident they'll be around later this year, I'm avoiding buying anything from them that isn't a Steam code.[/QUOTE]

I snagged AC2 off Steam the other day during the AC franchise sale, just in case my copy of AC2 on GG isn't around much longer...

Thankfully my TW2 activated on GOG.com

[quote name='Tolyngee']I snagged AC2 off Steam the other day during the AC franchise sale, just in case my copy of AC2 on GG isn't around much longer...

Thankfully my TW2 activated on GOG.com[/QUOTE]

Someone posted some directions up-thread on how to backup your installers. It's better than just losing the games.

FWIW I think that "largest digital distributor" is a bit of tricky wording on their part that is actually referring to the largest number of games in their catalog (ie they are the distributors of the largest number of games by a single online retailer) and not largest in dollar amount.

I don't have their financial figures but I would be extremely shocked if they were above Valve's for Steam. They do have a very extensive catalog but mostly because they'll pretty much take anything.

I find it unlikely they are the largest digital distributor on the planet, but if they are, man should they invest in updating their infrastructure lol

And considering they are refunding most of the BL2 orders, I doubt they are going to go out of business from the 2 mistakes at least. If it is just the Bethesda (with them canceling any order that didn't get steam keys), they should be fine.

I wish I had stayed up and picked up a BL2 steam key :( Once I got the order in, I thought I was golden so I went to sleep. Was just refunded my money by GG. No email though. I understand why they have to do the refund but the least they should do is email and notify me of the situation instead of doing a stealth refund.

[quote name='gilby']Someone posted some directions up-thread on how to backup your installers. It's better than just losing the games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I did read that and considered it, but decided I could always lose my back-up though, too.

AC2 on Steam is on sale now. I decided to just blow $5 and add it to Steam. Kinda felt weird having everything else AC on Steam anyway...

Then again, I should get Volvo the Game (or whatever that freebie is) downloaded and backed-up, as Steam just doesn't carry that crap for some reason.:roll:

[quote name='Larce80']I got the refund email 9 hrs ago but I dont have the money back in my account/paypal. How long does it take?[/QUOTE]

2-3 working days at most, if by the 5th working day still nothing, start the process to file for a chargeback with paypal

[quote name='DonRamon']2-3 working days at most, if by the 5th working day still nothing, start the process to file for a chargeback with paypal[/QUOTE]
ok thanks

Finally got my refund for Borderlands and Ghost Recon after submitting a ticket. I noticed they canceled another game from November (that I never downloaded) and never gave me a refund. Submitted a ticket for that too, and so far nothing. Also saw that two games I downloaded in 2011 were canceled and I doubt they gave me a refund. Shitty way to do business.

My situation is:
-Bought 2 Bethesda packs.
-Got keys for Skyrim, Oblivion, and Fallout New Vegas from both packs.
-All games are still on my account page, the above 3 and the rest.
-No refund, no email from GamersGate.

I don't know what to think. For now I'll be hopelessly optimistic and assume I'm getting the rest of my keys.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']My situation is:

I don't know what to think. For now I'll be hopelessly optimistic and assume I'm getting the rest of my keys.[/QUOTE]

Same situation here, game for game. I'm patient, so I'll hold out for a little while longer before I contact PayPal and GG.

I don't know what to think. For now I'll be hopelessly optimistic and assume I'm getting the rest of my keys.[/QUOTE]

I was hopelessly optimistic before sh*t hit the fan. I managed to get keys for FO:NV (opened within the bundle) and Skyrim (gifted to myself). Then they took the whole bundle off my shelf and refunded me full price. The gifted Skyrim was still there so I am playing it now, but I didn´t load FO:NV into steam and so I lost it. Bright side sure is - Skyrim for free.. I looked forward to FO:NV however.. I don´t even want to mention that I could have gotten keys for all of the games but did not for some weird reason (hindsight is a b*tch).
TL: DR version - Write down your keys before they take them off without any warning OR gift them to yourself.. or me :roll:

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Same situation here, game for game. I'm patient, so I'll hold out for a little while longer before I contact PayPal and GG.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except I also have two BL2 keys as well.

[quote name='lotusmonk']Write down your keys before they take them off without any warning OR gift them to yourself.. or me :roll:[/QUOTE]

No matter where I purchase from, I record all of my keys as soon as I get them anyway. Otherwise, I'll forget I have them.

One hour: People announce GG is doing forced refunds with no communication

Next hour: GG's site goes down

coincidence? (yes, their site is down...)

Oops, it's back up... Honestly, it was down with a Guru Meditation error

Ok, I just posted 'cause I wasn't seeing anybody else in quite the same "limbo" status I seem to be in, but I guess there are quite a few of us in this boat.

If they're planning to give refunds they should really get rid of the message that says "The developers have been contacted and we will supply keys as soon as they are delivered to us."

Yeah, it still says that. :roll:

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Ok, I just posted 'cause I wasn't seeing anybody else in quite the same "limbo" status I seem to be in, but I guess there are quite a few of us in this boat.[/QUOTE]
What limbo are you talking about? Have all keys, no refund message is about the only one that I haven't seen explicitly mention here on CAG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back