GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Syntax Error']My wife was watching one of the "I Love the 80's" VH1 things and they were talking about that game. Ever try explaining "Press Your Luck" to someone born outside the country and attempting to make it sound like you weren't mentally crippled for watching it?[/QUOTE]

Just point them in the direction of the video game that came out a couple of years ago.

From their FB feed:

Jae-Hoon Lee

If I already active some of my game and also got refunded but didn't revoked any game, what's happening? Eventually they will revoke? or this will be free game?

Like · · 12 hours ago
  • View all 3 comments

• GamersGate Hi Jae-Hoon, we will not be revoking any serials
    10 hours ago · Unlike · 2
  • ]
    UlIqmHJn-SK.gif

Jae-Hoon Lee oops... I feel sorry, but thanks.
    9 hours ago · Like · 1

So, those that got both the keys and the refunds, seems like you are in the clear. Can't speak for others, and this is not required obviously, but I would send GG the money thru paypal, not because I pity GG, but because I like being honest.

Every person is different of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote to bethesda again, cause i got refunded but I activated the keys, the question and the answer :

Me :

Leon Thank you so much for your contact.
Are you sure the keys will not be revoked? I got almost all the keys, but they refunded my money days
ago! I didn't ask for the refund or anything! I gladly pay the original
price but they just not answer the support tickets!.
Are you sure my gifts wont be revoked even if they refunded my money? can
you assure me that?

Bethesda :

Hi Damian,

I understand your concern and want to assure you that this information came from discussions between our upper management and the people at Gamersgate. Gamersgate has confirmed with us that they will not be revoking the keys, but if you'd like to receive additional information about what's going on, I'd also recommend contacting Gamersgate and they should be able to inform you further.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at http://support.bethsoft.com or our technical support staff at (410)-568-3685. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,

Leon P. at Bethesda Technical Support

[quote name='ddearce']I wrote to bethesda again, cause i got refunded but I activated the keys, the question and the answer :

Me :

Leon Thank you so much for your contact.
Are you sure the keys will not be revoked? I got almost all the keys, but they refunded my money days
ago! I didn't ask for the refund or anything! I gladly pay the original
price but they just not answer the support tickets!.
Are you sure my gifts wont be revoked even if they refunded my money? can
you assure me that?

Bethesda :

Hi Damian,

I understand your concern and want to assure you that this information came from discussions between our upper management and the people at Gamersgate. Gamersgate has confirmed with us that they will not be revoking the keys, but if you'd like to receive additional information about what's going on, I'd also recommend contacting Gamersgate and they should be able to inform you further.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at http://support.bethsoft.com or our technical support staff at (410)-568-3685. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,

Leon P. at Bethesda Technical Support
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're definitely in the clear as far as the possibility of getting your keys revoked. Congrats.

Out of curiosity, did you also end up with the 20% discount?

[quote name='The End']Sounds like you're definitely in the clear as far as the possibility of getting your keys revoked. Congrats.

Out of curiosity, did you also end up with the 20% discount?[/QUOTE]

Nop, I just checked and no, I don't care really, Im already happy with the games! :)
And correct me if Im wrong, but the 20% discount is only for the people who got their orders cancelled and had no games right?

[quote name='ddearce']Nop, I just checked and no, I don't care really, Im already happy with the games! :)
And correct me if Im wrong, but the 20% discount is only for the people who got their orders cancelled and had no games right?[/QUOTE]

Seems to be unless you gifted yourself the pack - they didn't take the time to address this. I got a refund, the games, and the 20%, but only because I gifted myself the Beth pack.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Seems to be unless you gifted yourself the pack - they didn't take the time to address this. I got a refund, the games, and the 20%, but only because I gifted myself the Beth pack.[/QUOTE]

I gifted myself the pack too and it shows the bundle under my games, but no games show under the bundle. How does it look for you. Do you actually see the individual games?

[quote name='ddearce']Nop, I just checked and no, I don't care really, Im already happy with the games! :)
And correct me if Im wrong, but the 20% discount is only for the people who got their orders cancelled and had no games right?[/QUOTE]

In Theory but seems like I thought I remembered reading some reports of people who got their keys and still got the discount. It is Gamersgate we are talking about here. :p

As for me, I escalated my claim through Paypal. I still haven't gotten my keys even though a bunch of people did yesterday. I also didn't get any reply on the dispute at the send a message to the merchant through paypal to try and work it out with them first level even after a week has gone by. I'm tired of waiting.

I explicitly stated I wanted a refund as a funds transfer through Paypal and not in Blue Coins/Store Credit.

We'll see what happens...

[quote name='Punisher138']I gifted myself the pack too and it shows the bundle under my games, but no games show under the bundle. How does it look for you. Do you actually see the individual games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I did get about 5 keys the night of the glitch. From my understanding, it may be different if you just gifted yourself the games but didn't get any keys. For most in this situation, the games just disappeared. For me, I actually see the individual games and keys.

[quote name='Motoki']In Theory but seems like I thought I remembered reading some reports of people who got their keys and still got the discount. It is Gamersgate we are talking about here. :p

As for me, I escalated my claim through Paypal. I still haven't gotten my keys even though a bunch of people did yesterday. I also didn't get any reply on the dispute at the send a message to the merchant through paypal to try and work it out with them first level even after a week has gone by. I'm tired of waiting.

I explicitly stated I wanted a refund as a funds transfer through Paypal and not in Blue Coins/Store Credit.

We'll see what happens...[/QUOTE]

Beth or BL2 keys??

I can't understand why did some of you buy and gift the games for yourself instead of buying 1 or 2 packs straight. What am I missing?

[quote name='Motoki']LOL I forgot about that show. Now I feel old. Thanks Sunasun. ;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I used to watch this as a kid. I don't know why, but I absolutely loved it. :twisted:

[quote name='mitch079']Just point them in the direction of the video game that came out a couple of years ago.[/QUOTE]
Insta-buy
Hmm, time to go search on Amazon.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Seems to be unless you gifted yourself the pack - they didn't take the time to address this. I got a refund, the games, and the 20%, but only because I gifted myself the Beth pack.[/QUOTE]

In my case, I gifted to myself and didn't get the money, didn't get the discount and got refunded with blue coins. Already contacted CS, hope this thing gets sorted out.

[quote name='soulkyo']In my case, I gifted to myself and didn't get the money, didn't get the discount and got refunded with blue coins. Already contacted CS, hope this thing gets sorted out.[/QUOTE]

But did you get any keys? That's probably a hard factor here.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']But did you get any keys? That's probably a hard factor here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the thing. I didn't get any key because the site was crashing all the time. All I want is my money, not those stupid blue coins. :lol:

[quote name='poxi']I can't understand why did some of you buy and gift the games for yourself instead of buying 1 or 2 packs straight. What am I missing?[/QUOTE]

There was a round of rumors, which I didn't get the chance to see if they were true, that the way to get the missing keys was gifting the games/packs to yourself, supposedly you received the game as a gift and the system would provide you with a key even if they were out of them for the original pack.

[quote name='Motoki']Bethesda.[/QUOTE]

I think the keys provided earlier were for BL2 only, for what it's worth, I'm the same spot as you, Beth pack and no new keys yet.

[quote name='DonRamon']I think the keys provided earlier were for BL2 only, for what it's worth, I'm the same spot as you, Beth pack and no new keys yet.[/QUOTE]

I thought I recalled some people saying they got Bethesda keys yesterday. I also noticed several people selling all those games in that pack all of the sudden yesterday in the Steam selling/trading thread.

[quote name='Motoki']I thought I recalled some people saying they got Bethesda keys yesterday. I also noticed several people selling all those games in that pack all of the sudden yesterday in the Steam selling/trading thread.[/QUOTE]

I think those people always had keys and just had to refrain from selling them during the ban. As the ban was partially lifted yesterday, they could start selling.

[quote name='Motoki']I thought I recalled some people saying they got Bethesda keys yesterday. I also noticed several people selling all those games in that pack all of the sudden yesterday in the Steam selling/trading thread.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone got keys from the Bethesda packs yesterday. Most people were selling off their old Bethesda keys because the ban got lifted.

EDIT: Damnit, ninja'd.

Ah well, not sure if I should hope that you are right, or that you are wrong. At least you escalated the paypal claim, paypal will inquire with them what's up.

EDIT
HA!

Ninja'd 2

Ah okay that makes sense, though I have a hard time believing the dude trying to sell single keys for the same price he paid for the entire pack has enough ethics to wait and make sure the keys won't get revoked. :whistle2:k

I haven't gotten my Bethesda keys yet.

I got the best of both worlds: I ordered two Bethesda packs. They got "refunded" and one pack mysteriously reappeared in my inventory. So now I'm presumably getting keys for that pack and have the 20% discount for the missing pack. Don't ask me how GamersGate works but at least it's coming up in my favor.

Irrationally, I'm still annoyed I had them remove the "dead" Ghost Recon from my library the day before people started getting keys for it. WTB $2.50 copy of Ghost Recon: Future Warrior Deluxe Edition! :lol:

I was gifted the pack that I bought off of someone, but it still only shows the pack, no games or anything. Fingers crossed that I get the keys...

Actually, what's weird is that my Bethesda bundle appears to be missing some of the crappier entries (Hunter, Rogue Banana or whatever the hell is supposed to be in there):
cjAvY.png
Anyone have a guess what's up with that? Obviously I'm not going to start fighting with GG about it but I wouldn't want to sell it as a "complete bundle" if it's missing games.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Actually, what's weird is that my Bethesda bundle appears to be missing some of the crappier entries (Hunter, Rogue Banana or whatever the hell is supposed to be in there):
cjAvY.png
Anyone have a guess what's up with that? Obviously I'm not going to start fighting with GG about it but I wouldn't want to sell it as a "complete bundle" if it's missing games.[/QUOTE]

Sure you didn't gift them? All my games are showing up still. You may want to contact GG.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Actually, what's weird is that my Bethesda bundle appears to be missing some of the crappier entries (Hunter, Rogue Banana or whatever the hell is supposed to be in there):
cjAvY.png
Anyone have a guess what's up with that? Obviously I'm not going to start fighting with GG about it but I wouldn't want to sell it as a "complete bundle" if it's missing games.[/QUOTE]

If I were you I'd charge more for it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If I were you I'd charge more for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's no Brink so the bundle must be worth at least $70 in its current state.

[quote name='poxi']I can't understand why did some of you buy and gift the games for yourself instead of buying 1 or 2 packs straight. What am I missing?[/QUOTE]
They couldn't get the keys otherwise, or they accidentally bought a giftable one.

[quote name='Motoki']Ah okay that makes sense, though I have a hard time believing the dude trying to sell single keys for the same price he paid for the entire pack has enough ethics to wait and make sure the keys won't get revoked. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

You mean the guy with no trade rating here? He may not. He did, however, refrain from posting them for sale while the ban was on. Or else if he did post the mods removed his posts--I saw his posts repeatedly before and after the ban, but not during.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If I were you I'd charge more for it.[/QUOTE]
Factory Seconds! Unique collector's bundle!

No, I didn't gift them and I don't care enough about them to rock the boat over a copy of Brink. I just wanted to confirm that my pack was, indeed, missing titles. Especially since clicking the link to the store item takes you to the .co.uk site so there may have been regional differences I was unaware of.

cjAvY.png

My "free" Bethesda bundle that appeared had the same problem. Rogue Warrior and Brink were never listed, and Hunted disappeared within a few minutes of me viewing my game list (I specifically remember it being there, as I wanted that copy for co-op.) So who knows what wonkiness still lingers in GG's system.

Are you guys really complaining about not getting Brink, Hunted and Rogue Warrior? You should thank the universe for doing you a favor!

[quote name='Motoki']Are you guys really complaining about not getting Brink, Hunted and Rogue Warrior? You should thank the universe for doing you a favor![/QUOTE]
I'm entitled, damn it! :nottalking:

I'm not complaining, but if I was it would be for not getting my third copy of each of those games. Am I some kind of game-asochist?

[quote name='cheapo72']I'm not complaining, but if I was it would be for not getting my third copy of each of those games. Am I some kind of game-asochist?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Quoted before it gets fixed.

cjAvY.png
What to sell me some of dat.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I got a refund, the games, and the 20%, but only because I gifted myself the Beth pack.[/QUOTE]

Wow, this does seem to be the case. I just rechecked my GG account and now I also have the 20% discount; which wasn't there yesterday. Really wasn't expecting to get the discount either.

I still can't see the "Show serial key" button for my BL2 pack, although I got an email saying they would honor. Anybody else in my situation?

[quote name='Krugozor']I still can't see the "Show serial key" button for my BL2 pack, although I got an email saying they would honor. Anybody else in my situation?[/QUOTE]
I'd wait on it. I know the Bethesda pack has keys coming and I'd assume the BL2 packs still need to be filled (at least some of them).

Slow on getting the 20% off, and I want to use it on the last remnant today to get 75 cents off!

I wonder how long the backlog of TLR keys will take.

[quote name='Danger Moose']Slow on getting the 20% off, and I want to use it on the last remnant today to get 75 cents off!

I wonder how long the backlog of TLR keys will take.[/QUOTE]

It's already OOS.

You crazy kids who got Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, has anyone played it yet? UbiSoft has it on sale for $10 ($11 and change for deluxe) but I don't know if it's actually.... you know... good.

[quote name='Syntax Error']You crazy kids who got Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, has anyone played it yet? UbiSoft has it on sale for $10 ($11 and change for deluxe) but I don't know if it's actually.... you know... good.[/QUOTE]

I haven't. But I did add it to my Uplay account which was pretty neat.

I say that because I believe the fixed price for it was around $10 ish on Gamersgate, so if you have that 20% or know someone who does, that's another option you could wait on.

[quote name='Syntax Error']You crazy kids who got Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, has anyone played it yet? UbiSoft has it on sale for $10 ($11 and change for deluxe) but I don't know if it's actually.... you know... good.[/QUOTE]

Installed and registered to my Ubi account (out of fear since GG didn't want my money). Deal thread not a game playing thread, don't make me call a mod ^_~ Sorry no clue, I've been playing my recent additions that I've been more excited about (BL2, a touch of Skyrim, Hunted, some DR2 OTR).

HAVE (keys)
Borderlands 2 $20
Oblivion GOTY ($5, or swap for Binary Domain)
Sleeping Dogs (tradeable) $12.50

WANT
Paypal
Game Offers (Steam, Origin, uPlay)

PM me please, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back