GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='soulkyo']Do you have a link for the dead space bundle? I can't find it on GG. Thanks :cool:[/QUOTE]

Just search for "dead space". It's the second result.

[quote name='zennoux']Just search for "dead space". It's the second result.[/QUOTE]
gg-dssearch.jpg

[quote name='zennoux']Just search for "dead space". It's the second result.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't work folks outside of the states. You can experience this by trying to search gamersgate.co.uk. (Sacred 2 Gold used to only be on the UK side of GG. Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum Edition currently is only available on the UK side -- try to find it.) The international comments are quite interesting as it can get quite specific. I remember one super deal that was only available to one bloke in Singapore. One of the really interesting comments came from a guy Puerto Rico (odd ball legal status, US Territory -- laws treat them as both US and non-US).

[quote name='asheskitty']That doesn't work folks outside of the states. You can experience this by trying to search gamersgate.co.uk. (Sacred 2 Gold used to only be on the UK side of GG. Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum Edition currently is only available on the UK side -- try to find it.) The international comments are quite interesting as it can get quite specific. I remember one super deal that was only available to one bloke in Singapore. One of the really interesting comments came from a guy Puerto Rico (odd ball legal status, US Territory -- laws treat them as both US and non-US).[/QUOTE]

Yea sorry I was on my phone and made a quick reply. I wasn't aware GG hid games from certain regions.

hmmm tempted by that king arthur bundle. Even though ka2 says its drm-free anyone know if it can activate on steam? Thats my only sticking point is Id hate for GG to be the sole place to redownload anything

[quote name='ezelkow1']hmmm tempted by that king arthur bundle. Even though ka2 says its drm-free anyone know if it can activate on steam? Thats my only sticking point is Id hate for GG to be the sole place to redownload anything[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't say Steam then it does not activate on Steam. GG is one of the few places that sells non-steam versions of Paradox games.

[quote name='ezelkow1']hmmm tempted by that king arthur bundle. Even though ka2 says its drm-free anyone know if it can activate on steam? Thats my only sticking point is Id hate for GG to be the sole place to redownload anything[/QUOTE]

as long as it's drm free, I don't see any problem. You can "decrypt" the installer and keep it on your hdd/usb

Booooo no 20% Comp discount for Dead Space 3. :cry:

$59.99 with 20% off, 20% back in BC and bought with BC's I bought at 20% off would have made the thing like $30.

Where do I go to rage?

I was wondering when they were going to start doing that. When the IGN discount was live they had certain items where they wouldn't give you a straight discount and instead give you the discount in the form of bonus BC.

Edit:

Hmmmm, I see that they are offering 20% off as a bonus for any pre-order and it doesn't double stack with the Bethesda discount, so I misunderstood. Maybe GG is wising up more now.

Let me preface by saying I'm not really so interested in DS3 that this is an issue and my point here is academic:

The letter regarding the compensation bonus said...
...we are providing your account with a 20% discount valid on all purchases [bolding mine] on the GamersGate site until 31 December 2013. In the few cases where discounts are not permitted, we will do our best to provide similar compensation (e.g. the equivalent amount in Blue Coins).
Whatever incentive they are offering for Dead Space 3 should be above and beyond the comp. discount. Just like a game on sale still receives the discount.

If they can not grant the 20% discount in cash (understandable and not unprecedented for pre-orders), they should be offering it in blue coins. Instead, they just don't acknowledge it at all including no notice that discounts don't apply.

I dropped a note about it on Facebook and I'm sure someone will come along and throw "Entitled!" mudballs at me for it but, hey, why not ask? No sense in leaving money on the table.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Let me preface by saying I'm not really so interested in DS3 that this is an issue and my point here is academic:

The letter regarding the compensation bonus said...Whatever incentive they are offering for Dead Space 3 should be above and beyond the comp. discount. Just like a game on sale still receives the discount.

If they can not grant the 20% discount in cash (understandable and not unprecedented for pre-orders), they should be offering it in blue coins. Instead, they just don't acknowledge it at all including no notice that discounts don't apply.

I dropped a note about it on Facebook and I'm sure someone will come along and throw "Entitled!" mudballs at me for it but, hey, why not ask? No sense in leaving money on the table.[/QUOTE]

That type of thing is usually up to the publishers, just like it was with the IGN discount. I don't think GG is in the wrong here, their english wasn't perfect in the part you bolded, but in the sentence after that they indicate some purchases aren't gonna have the discount applied the same way. I'm guessing EA got them to change the way the discount applied for Dead Space 3.

[quote name='spoderman']but in the sentence after that they indicate some purchases aren't gonna have the discount applied the same way. I'm guessing EA got them to change the way the discount applied for Dead Space 3.[/QUOTE]
The point being that they are offering no compensation bonus, be it in cash discount or BC "refund". Only the advertised 20% BC refund everyone gets.

[quote name='Syntax Error']The point being that they are offering no compensation bonus, be it in cash discount or BC "refund". Only the advertised 20% BC refund everyone gets.[/QUOTE]

Ah, woops.. I misread that part. Sorry.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see its a preorder bonus for that specific game. It might be an error, not intentional.

Or maybe they're calling the preorder bonus "compensation" now lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Syntax Error']The point being that they are offering no compensation bonus, be it in cash discount or BC "refund". Only the advertised 20% BC refund everyone gets.[/QUOTE]

Since we are nitpicking:

...we are providing your account with a 20% discount valid on all purchases on the GamersGate site until 31 December 2013. In the few cases where discounts are not permitted, we will do our best to provide similar compensation (e.g. the equivalent amount in Blue Coins).

Apparently their "best" is "no compensation" - or giving you 20% compensation on other games so you have more money to spend on DS3 ;)

I agree with you, Syntax. They've already started excluding orders from the 20% compensation discount, meaning they'll probably end up voiding it entirely before the year's over. Another douchebag move, but I take it they're trying to avoid bankruptcy from the recent honored screw-ups.

And this promotion is still not a bad deal despite their douchebaggery with not giving us what they promised yet again. It would effectively only cost you $32, given that you would receive BC to use in future purchases (and hopefully those would stack with the comp bonus).

$65 (for 65,000 BC) * .8 = $52
65,000 + 14,990 - 59,990 = 20,000 ($20)
$52 - 20 = $32

Of course, it would be even better (only $20) if the extra 20% off they promised us actually worked.

Anyway...I decided to buy the King Arthur extras, including Fallen Champions, with the 20% and some leftover BC.

Well, the base price was $60 with 20% back in blue coins. Plus the 5% BC bonus you get just from making purchases.

So, for everyone, it should be $60 with $15 back in BCs (or $45 for ease of math)
If you have the discount, you should either get it for $48 plus 20+5% in BC ($12) for a total of $36 or $60 with Comp. in BC ($12) plus 20% sale in BC ($12) plus 5% purchase bonus in BC ($3) for effectively $33.

Give or take in case I got something out of order in the discount chain.

Err...I think your math might be a little off. Say you buy 65,000 BC with 20% off (65*.8) for $52. Then you apply the 20% off to the game, which is $59.99 (59990*.8) and pay 47,992 coins. Then you get 25% back of that purchase (47,992 *.25) for a 11,998 bonus. So you've accumulated (65,000 + 11,998) 76,998 BC and spent 47,992 BC, for a difference of 29,006 BC. Since BC are worth 1/10th of a cent, you can divide that by 10 and see that you have $29.01 leftover. Subtract your remaining amount ($29.01) from the initial amount you spent ($52) and you should come up with $22.99.

And, figuring that your future purchases will also receive the 20% comp bonus, you can calculate your future BC value to (29,006*1.2) 34,807 BC. So if you ever manage to use every BC you netted from these transactions, you would have preordered Dead Space 3 for only ($52 - $34.81) $17.19. But that's all hypothetical since the extra 20% off doesn't work with this game. You can still use this concept to determine future value of your 20,000 BC without the 20% comp being applied to DS3, though. 20,000*1.2 = 24,000 actual BC value, $52 - $24 = $28.

[quote name='Blade']Err...I think your math might be a little off. Say you buy 65,000 BC with 20% off (65*.8) for $52. Then you apply the 20% off to the game, which is $59.99 (59990*.8) and pay 47,992 coins. Then you get 25% back of that purchase (47,992 *.25) for a 11,998 bonus. So you've accumulated (65,000 + 11,998) 76,998 BC and spent 47,992 BC, for a difference of 29,006 BC. Since BC are worth 1/10th of a cent, you can divide that by 10 and see that you have $29.01 leftover. Subtract your remaining amount ($29.01) from the initial amount you spent ($52) and you should come up with $22.99.

And, figuring that your future purchases will also receive the 20% comp bonus, you can calculate your future BC value to (29,006*1.2) 34,807 BC. So if you ever manage to use every BC you netted from these transactions, you would have preordered Dead Space 3 for only ($52 - $34.81) $17.19. But that's all hypothetical since the extra 20% off doesn't work with this game. You can still use this concept to determine future value of your 20,000 BC without the 20% comp being applied to DS3, though. 20,000*1.2 = 24,000 actual BC value, $52 - $24 = $28.[/QUOTE]

x_cool.jpg

[quote name='asheskitty']whoot. I have a copy of the new drm-free sacred 2 gold in my library.
[/quote]
Me too!!! :D

If you don't have the Sacred 2: Gold new version DRM-FREE showing in your account and you already owned the old DRM-filled version, go contact support.
They'll help you out.

Link:
https://twitter.com/GamersGate/status/294350199600582656
Derick Sanzi ‏@MysterD
@GamersGate Do GG owners of Sacred 2:Gold Old version w/ DRM have to re-buy S2: Gold to get it DRM-FREE? Or will it get added to our accts?

GamersGate @GamersGate
@MysterD Contact support and they can get you the DRM free version.
2:45 AM - 24 Jan 13

[quote name='Blade']Err...I think your math might be a little off. Say you buy 65,000 BC with 20% off (65*.8) for $52.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I didn't figure in the 20% on the BC's used to purchase the game.

You know what? Math is hard, let's go shopping.

Crossposting for relevance.

Gamestop/Impulse has three Dungeons and Dragons packs on sale (two got added today) Yes you'll need both the GameStop App and
the Mark of the Beast.

Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection - $4.99 - (DRM-FREE) This is the same one that some CAGs missed at $5 on a GG Glitch Night (and was $7 on GG last Feb). These are the GOG'd versions of the classics, since they are the only versions that have been on digital download. N3UROP0D partially confims DRM status of the GS pack here.

• Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic: 91%] "...reigns supreme over every RPG currently available, and sets new standards for those to come" - PC Gamer
  • Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic 85%] "Once in a while, a game comes along that completely takes over your life. " - IGN
  • Planescape: Torment [Metacritic 91%] "Is it possible for a computer game to have the intellectual heft and emotional impact of a good book while remaining as captivating as a well-paced film? If so, the first candidate may well be Planescape: Torment. . " - New York Times
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil [Metacritic 71%] "A rock-solid RPG that faithfully re-creates a classic adventure." - Gamespy

D&D Anthology: Neverwinter Nights Complete - $7.49 (DRM: NWN1 is DRM-FREE confirmed by N3UROP0D Uncertain, NWN1 has SecuROM but removed in a later patch , NWN2 has SecuROM but unlimited activations? -- This is the best I could ascertain from research, see end of the post)
  • Neverwinter Nights + 3 Expansion Packs [Metacritic 91%]
    “The last role-playing game you'll ever desire, and at last, the fulfillment of a genre“ – Computer Games Magazine
  • Neverwinter Nights 2 + 3 Expansions Packs [Metacritic 82%]
    “The amazing single player installation improves on the original game in nearly every way imaginable - without breaking anything what has gone before. Even for players who have never hurled a 20-sided die in anger, Neverwinter Nights 2 is not to be missed. “ – Games Radar

D&D Ultimate Pack - $11.24 (Both of the packs above, save $1.25) This price was live yesterday as well.

NWN1 Complete has been on GOG for some time.
NWN2 Complete was just released on GOG today. (Thanks MysterD, I checked yesterday. >.> )

More info on the DRM:
[quote name='asheskitty']Regarding the $11.24 D&D Ultimate Pack on GameStop...

I suspect:
D&D Anthology Master Collection is DRM-FREE (as it is on GG, owned, verified).
D&D NWN Complete:
* NWN Diamond is DRM-FREE (as it is on GOG, though GG.uk lists DRM:Other)
* NWN 2 Platinum is SecuROM (as it is on GG.uk)

NWN 2 Platinum was on steam Nov 2010 - June? 2012. Atari lost distribution rights for it then and Hasbro has taken over distribution. NWN 2 digital distribution seems quite limited atm. NWN 2 is reportedly much patched since it's buggy release.

Why am I tempted to buy this just for NWN 2 Platinum? (own the rest) :wall:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='asheskitty']Looking a bit more I've found further evidence from the physical versions that:
NWN used to have SecuROM but it was removed in a later patch.
NWN 2 has/had (removed?) SecuROM but there is no activation limit (at least under Atari).

refs:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/06/17/neverwinter-nights-2-loses-drm
http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/gamedb.php?letter=N
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/188666-neverwinter-nights/49988870
http://www.gamersgate.com/gametutor?issue=193181
http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=12337

Ossian Studios is pleased to announce that there is no longer a 3-activation limit on NWN2: Mysteries of Westgate. The activation limit has been removed by Atari after Ossian highlighted to them how many fans were not happy with it. You can now install MoW as many times as you like on your computer. Here are some quick facts about this change:
Q: Do I still need to activate MoW to play?
A: Yes. The DRM activation limit has been removed but you still need to activate MoW online for each new installation on your computer. After the one-time activation for each installation, you don’t need an Internet connection to play. Activation is necessary to prevent serial numbers from being posted to the web where hundreds or thousands of people can access it.
Q: So, I don’t have to worry about changing my hardware and not being able to re-activate MoW?
A: No. You can change the hardware configuration or operating system on your computer as often as you like and can re-activate MoW as many times as you like.
Q: Is it okay if I install the game on more than one of my computers?
A: Yes, that’s fine.
Q: Are the MoW resources still encrypted?
A: Yes, the MoW resource files are still encrypted. However, we have provided most of this content for free from the Mysteries of Westgate page on the NWVault:
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']@Ashes

Might be worth noting this in case you want GameStop and Gamersgate to get an updated-version with NO DRM on their site (if they'll do so); OR in case you want to wait for it to price-drop on GOG.

NWN2: Complete Edition is now DRM-FREE on GOG:
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/neverwinter_nights_2_complete

I'm only missing Mysteries of Westgate.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! NWN2 wasn't on GOG yesterday! (I just noticed a few min ago they GS discounted the sub-packs -- a big deal for me since I only need NWN2) Pricey atm, but I can wait -- BIG THANKS -- I was just about to buy the GS NWN pack. I'd prefer to hold out for a GOG sale for a DRM-FREE NWN2.

[quote name='asheskitty']Thanks! NWN2 wasn't on GOG yesterday! (I just noticed a few min ago they GS discounted the sub-packs -- a big deal for me since I only need NWN2) Pricey atm, but I can wait -- BIG THANKS -- I was just about to buy the GS NWN pack. I'd prefer to hold out for a GOG sale for a DRM-FREE NWN2.[/QUOTE]

@Ashes
YW!

I'll let you know if GOG puts NWN2: Complete on sale.

For NWN1 - I'm missing only Kingmaker pack (from Retail) + Premium Mods released afterwards.
I already own on disc NWN1 + SOU + HOTU.

For NWN2 - I'm missing Mysteries of Westgate.

@Anyone who can answer this
Has anyone played Mysteries of Westgate? If so - what's your thoughts on the game?

[quote name='MysterD']@Ashes
YW!

I'll let you know if GOG puts NWN2: Complete on sale.

For NWN1 - I'm missing only Kingmaker pack (from Retail) + Premium Mods released afterwards.
I already own on disc NWN1 + SOU + HOTU.

For NWN2 - I'm missing Mysteries of Westgate.

@Anyone who can answer this
Has anyone played Mysteries of Westgate? If so - what's your thoughts on the game?[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm, I have NWN1 but not complete on CD. I have NWN2 in my Steam inventory but its incomplete and will never be....

I too am curious on opinions on MOW. Dammit I hate not having my collection in one place.

Which package to buy.....

[quote name='soulkyo']Fellow CAGs, whats the difference between these bundles:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-KACC/king-arthur-complete-collection-bundle

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-KACN/king-arthur-collection

Isn't the Collection supposed to include the items of the Complete Collection? :S[/QUOTE]

The cheaper one is just KAI, not KAII. It is a collection that came out before KAII was released and I think it is missing some DLC.

The $7.50 has KAI and II and the DLC for it.

Edit:
And I wish the GS app would let you just DL the game files and play outside of the app. I might just wait for GG to put this on sale since at least I could workaround and do that.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The cheaper one is just KAI, not KAII. It is a collection that came out before KAII was released and I think it is missing some DLC.

Edit:
And I wish the GS app would let you just DL the game files and play outside of the app. I might just wait for GG to put this on sale since at least I could workaround and do that.[/QUOTE]

I did not know that.

[quote name='The End']First bundle is only the first King Arthur + DLC. Second bundle has both the first & second game + DLC.

Looks like the second game + DLC are DRM free. While the first game is Steam activated.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The cheaper one is just KAI, not KAII. It is a collection that came out before KAII was released and I think it is missing some DLC.

Edit:
And I wish the GS app would let you just DL the game files and play outside of the app. I might just wait for GG to put this on sale since at least I could workaround and do that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was comparing this Collection with the Steam one, it seems that the one I should compare is the Complete Collection. Sucks that not everything is Steam so it's a no go to me. Greetings :cool:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
snippage

Edit:

Wait, I'm still catching up here. You have to use the GS app each time you play the game? Eeeeewwwee! CRap, almost grabbed D&D NWW. D'oh!

[quote name='The End']I did not know that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='theemadgamer']Wait, I'm still catching up here. You have to use the GS app each time you play the game? Eeeeewwwee! CRap, almost grabbed D&D NWW. D'oh![/QUOTE]

Well, maybe I misread and those that bought it can confirm, but it sounded like you have to open up the GS app every time to launch like Steam?

Or am I wrong?

Oh sorry, my post was about the KA collection not containing all the DLC. I bolded the relevant part, buy I guess I should have just snipped out all the other stuff in your quote.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Well, maybe I misread and those that bought it can confirm, but it sounded like you have to open up the GS app every time to launch like Steam?

Or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

I've seen one CAG (that I don't really recognize/recall) state that once, and they didn't strike me as informed. I don't believe it. (So far I've only bought steam keys from GS.) I haven't seen that complaint from NEUROPOD or one other who actually bought the D&D pack from GS.

[quote name='The End']I did not know that.[/QUOTE]

They might have changed it, but I know early last year when they had a KA Collection really cheap, some people bought it and confirmed it wasn't the full collection like the one on Steam. I know they released a KA Collection at one point before they had released all the DLC. But they may have changed it by now, who knows.

[quote name='asheskitty']I've seen one CAG (that I don't really recognize/recall) state that once, and they didn't strike me as informed. I don't believe it. (So far I've only bought steam keys from GS.) I haven't seen that complaint from NEUROPOD or one other who actually bought the D&D pack from GS.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully someone who bought it can chime in and say. If it's just a DLer then no biggie.

No, you don't have to run them through the GS app, you can just load the exe's from the install directory.

Also, I've installed NWN2 and while I see no signs of SecuROM, I can't really tell if there was or wasn't an online check at installation either.
The Mysteries of Westgate expansion is included with the base NWN2, and the other two expansions are just tiny 2MB downloads which leads me to believe they really just contain an activation or something of the like.

Edit: Also, I couldn't help but notice, the day came and went with no news about the Bethesda keys. :|

Edit 2: Yup, installing the expansions just adds their CD keys to nwncdkey.ini

[quote name='N3UROP0D']No, you don't have to run them through the GS app, you can just load the exe's from the install directory.

Also, I've installed NWN2 and while I see no signs of SecuROM, I can't really tell if there was or wasn't an online check at installation either.
The Mysteries of Westgate expansion is included with the base NWN2, and the other two expansions are just tiny 2MB downloads which leads me to believe they really just contain an activation or something of the like.

Edit: Also, I couldn't help but notice, the day came and went with no news about the Bethesda keys. :|[/QUOTE]

Thanks for squashing the GS forced client rumor. =) (Didn't make sense.) Also thanks for the NWN2 update.

[quote name='siren05']Bethedsa Keys are available now. Just redeemed mine.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Just got the one key that I missed (Rage).

Now begins the mad rush for everybody to try and resell their keys before the bottom drops out of the market.

[quote name='The End']Yup. Just got the one key that I missed (Rage).

Now begins the mad rush for everybody to try and resell their keys before the bottom drops out of the market.[/QUOTE]

And you know I'll be circling like a vulture for that moment. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back