GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The End']Yup. Just got the one key that I missed (Rage).

Now begins the mad rush for everybody to try and resell their keys before the bottom drops out of the market.[/QUOTE]
Bah. I couldn't sell my Doom 3 BFG key in time. :whistle2:x

I'm just glad they tired of their devious plan to delay the situation in order to either rob people or get them to cancel their orders and came to their senses and delivered the keys as promised.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm just glad they tired of their devious plan to delay the situation in order to either rob people or get them to cancel their orders and came to their senses and delivered the keys as promised.[/QUOTE]

If GG had just come out and offered "anyone may opt out of their pack order, cancel, and receive the 20% year discount instead", I probably would have gone for it...

[quote name='Tolyngee']If GG had just come out and offered "anyone may opt out of their pack order, cancel, and receive the 20% year discount instead", I probably would have gone for it...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the value of the 20% discount over a year for an avid backlogger like me is higher than the 60 or so bucks saved on the Bethesda Pack (and who knows, come December 2013 we might see a new (non-glitched) Bethesda Pack and I'll be able to purchase it at 20% off!)

That said, you are in the right community because if you ever want anything from GG at 20% off I am sure you can find a helpful CAG to hook you up free of charge.

Edit:
And yeah, so far this year I have saved around $28 using the 20% discount (I've hosted a few group buys at discount). That's just in a few weeks of the discount. If it last the year, it will definitely be a great value for me.

[quote name='backseatdog']So what is the situation with the Borderlands 2 pack? No refund, keys, or discount for me still.[/QUOTE]

I believe those should have been sorted out very shortly after that happened. Most people either got refunded or keys in the few days afterwards. I suggest you open a support ticket.

[quote name='siren05']Bethedsa Keys are available now. Just redeemed mine.[/QUOTE]

Victoly.jpg

[quote name='MrBonk']So you can backup the installers for the D&D stuff on GS? Haven't bought them yet.

Also: Beth keys.Yay finally.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you don't get a backup installer, you need the GS app to install.

I did notice this though - you can back up the entire install directory (ie C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate) and run that from wherever you want. You might have to change the .ini files though.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Nope, you don't get a backup installer, you need the GS app to install.

I did notice this though - you can back up the entire install directory (ie C:\Program Files\Baldur's Gate) and run that from wherever you want. You might have to change the .ini files though.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't download like a separate installer(like GG or GMG) that you can just copypasta? Darn.

I hate having another App for games. But it may be worth it. I was hoping another place would have this set for 5$ but hard to say if it will happen.

Yup. I've been telling people to wait for a GoG sale and now that they have NWN2 I especially would recommend doing so. Or at least wait for GamersGate to have the GoG version which I assume they will after the exclusivity period.

Well i'm not interested in NWN to be honest since I have the retail edition of NWN2 base. But for the other D&D games, the only other price that close was GG's glitch. GoG's D&D pack was like 20$ but it included NWN1 and some other stuff when it was on sale a few weeks ago.

GG had the D&D Master Anthology at $6.78 and then at $5.xx for a full day each time quite some time back (February 2012 the first time, possibly March or April the second..?).

[quote name='backseatdog']So what is the situation with the Borderlands 2 pack? No refund, keys, or discount for me still.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation. I can't even see the "Show serial key" button.

I never managed to access any of the keys, so I'm afraid they will cancel my order if I open a support ticket. I can wait a little longer...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']And you know I'll be circling like a vulture for that moment. lol[/QUOTE]

Hey!

Stay out of my territory!

Sorry for the Off-Topic:
Guys, if someone is interested in something on Gamersgate, I can buy it for you in exchange of some Bethesda keys of the same price. PM me if you're interested.

[quote name='soulkyo']Sorry for the Off-Topic:
Guys, if someone is interested in something on Gamersgate, I can buy it for you in exchange of some Bethesda keys of the same price. PM me if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

The only one I didn't use was Fallout 3 GOTY, msg me if you are interested on it.

So, it is over, really really over??

FINALLY!!!!
:applause:

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']GG just listed NWN2 Complete:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-NWN2C/neverwinter-nights-2-complete-bundle

$14.99 on sale (25% off) with Securom listed as DRM AND stating it won't work on 64 Bit OS? At least one of the expansions states so.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting (also same price and discount as GOG). Two days ago the only NWN2 (not packed with NWN1) available on GG was on the UK side. From my research, NWN2 works fine on Win7-64; I read that that comment was specifically regarding Win XP-64 (which was a very problematic release) -- NT 4.0 on DEC Alpha had better compatibility than WinXP-64.

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-NWN2P/neverwinter-nights-2-platinum-bundle
which is the Platnium Ed, two expansions, not three in the new one.

Yesterday when NWN2 debuted on GOG, I was feeling optimistic since Hasbro was clearing actively licencing NWN2 (on Wed it's digital download distribution was quite limited).

The GG NWN2 page here:
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-NWN2/neverwinter-nights-2
didn't exist on Wed. However it did exist on the UK side
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-NWN2/neverwinter-nights-2
Clearly they point at the same information, since they have the same product code DD-NWN2 and the GG.com side has reviews dating back to June or earlier (despite not existing on Wed).

GG could be wrong on the DRM (esp since the page is a copy of the older UK-only distribution). They have overestimated DRM before. Vanguard Princess is actually DRM-FREE.

Edit: Note that the "new" NWN2 listing on GG.com still lists Atari as the pub. Hasbro has been the pub for around a year.

[quote name='Fluxy']finally the keys have come[/QUOTE]

Pretty jelous. I got payment to go through, but wasn't able to secure a key.

[quote name='UselessB']Pretty jelous. I got payment to go through, but wasn't able to secure a key.[/QUOTE]

I got keys, you got the 20% off for the year.

I'm jealous of you. I'd rather have the 20% off.

Isn't it funny that we're jealous of each other?

[quote name='Tolyngee']I got keys, you got the 20% off for the year.

Isn't it funny that we're jealous of each other?[/QUOTE]

I've got the discount and haven't used it on anything yet. Guess we're still January lol :lol:

And I'm jealous of both of you! ;)

How about people who got refund, keys, and 20% off?

[quote name='tfr']How about people who got refund, keys, and 20% off?[/QUOTE]

Ah, the trifecta...

Only the Gaming Gods have foreseen what you have seen...

[quote name='BellardB']And I'm jealous of both of you! ;)[/QUOTE]

But you have that sweet little poochie. I'm so jealous, which I had my own little doggy...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']GG just listed NWN2 Complete:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-NWN2C/neverwinter-nights-2-complete-bundle

$14.99 on sale (25% off) with Securom listed as DRM AND stating it won't work on 64 Bit OS? At least one of the expansions states so.[/QUOTE]
I have Retail NWN2 and it runs on 64-bit W7 just fine

Also: I got Keys, and the 20% discount. Guys I should be thankful eh?

/lol I am. I've already saved a bit money so far thanks to it.

I only have the bundle the listed, no games still, and the person who gifted the bundle to me has not received a refund either...If they weren't going to give the keys, I would have rather been among the first to be refunded.

[quote name='tfr']How about people who got refund, keys, and 20% off?[/QUOTE]
I am one of those in that ***** category.

Did they give Hunted to everyone? I was refunded and didn't get the games, but now I just noticed that Hunted is in my account.

No hunted in my account. Feel trolled though, Agricultural Sim 2013 is the daily today at 9.98, I bought 2012 a few days ago when it was on sale for 6.98!

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']No hunted in my account. Feel trolled though, Agricultural Sim 2013 is the daily today at 9.98, I bought 2012 a few days ago when it was on sale for 6.98![/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just another glitch then. Hopefully Skyrim will materialize next.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']No hunted in my account. Feel trolled though, Agricultural Sim 2013 is the daily today at 9.98, I bought 2012 a few days ago when it was on sale for 6.98![/QUOTE]

Well you might be better off that way reviews of 2013 on GG are very down on it being a buggy release. Wasn't GG traditionally good about refund if you hadn't downloaded/serialed?

[quote name='asheskitty']Well you might be better off that way reviews of 2013 on GG are very down on it being a buggy release. Wasn't GG traditionally good about refund if you hadn't downloaded/serialed?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are pretty good about it. But 2013 I heard is pretty buggy and I only really need ONE Agri Sim (well two once I get my hands on Farm Sim). I'll stick with 2012 for now and if I actually like it I might look out for 13.

Looks like they got very ambitious this year so they might have let too many bugs slide through.

[quote name='bshirk']Is King Arthur 2 worth some leftover blue coins?[/QUOTE]

Seems like it might be if you can get it to work properly. Bigtime hit or miss though.

Does anyone know if the King Arthur Complete Collection on GG = teh same thing on Steam (I know II doesn't run on Steam).

The GG individual bits fail to mention a couple of DLC mentioned on Steams page (Druids and Saxons)

Thanks!
TMG

[quote name='theemadgamer']Does anyone know if the King Arthur Complete Collection on GG = teh same thing on Steam (I know II doesn't run on Steam).

The GG individual bits fail to mention a couple of DLC mentioned on Steams page (Druids and Saxons)

Thanks!
TMG[/QUOTE]

Hey,
What I was telling others earlier is that at some point last year, GG had the KA Collection on sale and people reported it was not the same one on Steam. The collection sold at that time was missing two DLC, while the Steam collection has all DLC. Now, I don't know if anything has changed since then, but I doubt it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back