GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice, I grabbed Sonic Adventure 2 for $2, thanks to some bonus Blue Coins I had lying about.

Edit: now I have 129 more. Does the madness never stop!?

[quote name='Genocidal']Don't let the 62% off fool you; list price everywhere else is only $10. I'm going to wait until the morning to see if they either lower the price or correct the % off before I make my decision.[/QUOTE]

Sale price is still $5, but they've arrived at that point by lowering the MSRP to $9.99 and reducing the percentage to 50% off.

[quote name='Yoda-JM']I'm in if anyone else starts a 4-pack for Sonic Racing![/QUOTE]
i can host one if 2 more people are interested

[quote name='tfr']i can host one if 2 more people are interested[/QUOTE]

I'll take one if it's $9?

[quote name='tfr']i can host one if 2 more people are interested[/QUOTE]

[quote name='M_A_C']I'll take one if it's $9?[/QUOTE]
I'd be interested if someone is hosting

Already bought and sent PM to the above people. Do you need to be gamersgate buddy to receive gift, or it can be sent to email?

[quote name='tfr']Already bought and sent PM to the above people. Do you need to be gamersgate buddy to receive gift, or it can be sent to email?[/QUOTE]

Can be sent to email, but it's a lot riskier. GamersGate doesnt work well with some email providers, so they might not receive the email for the gift. Best to add them as a buddy first and gift it that way.

[quote name='tfr']Already bought and sent PM to the above people. Do you need to be gamersgate buddy to receive gift, or it can be sent to email?[/QUOTE]

Paypal'ed. I'm M_A_C on GamersGate.

I'm hosting one final Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed 4-pack before the sale ends. If there is anyone else who still wants a copy, contact me please. $9.

I assume this is a price error where F1 2012 is 77% off at $9.10 ($7.28 with Beth/BL2 20% discount). This is Steamworks so get it while you can!
Update: Confirmed this is a price error (Formula 1 weekend advert shows up to 75% off) and I am guessing price will go to 66% like other sites.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-F12012/f1-2012

Also of note, Saints Row 2 is back at $3.74 (2.99 with Beth/BL2 discount).
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SAINTS2/saints-row-2

[quote name='Daykain']I assume this is a price error where F1 2012 is 77% off at $9.10 ($7.28 with Beth/BL2 20% discount). This is Steamworks so get it while you can!

Also of note, Saints Row 2 is back at $3.74 (2.99 with Beth/BL2 discount).[/QUOTE]

Must've been fixed? I see it for $13.58

[quote name='spoderman']Must've been fixed? I see it for $13.58[/QUOTE]

It's still $9.10 for me (and $8.50 on GGUK)... at that price, I'd be all over it if I had the 20% discount. :cry:

[quote name='Detruire']It's still $9.10 for me (and $8.50 on GGUK)... at that price, I'd be all over it if I had the 20% discount. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Must be a region thing then, it's 66% off for me, and I'm in the US. It is 77% off on GG UK though.

Thanks! I snagged F1 2012 for under $7 in BC on the UK site (with 20%er privilege). Now waiting on a 10 min cooldown to see my steam key.

I'd played the demo some more on steam this week. It seems like a solid sim racer. I haven't played long enough to get a good enough handle on the cars, so I'd held off on posting my thoughts yet. Honestly, I was probably going to snag it on Steam or GameFly tomorrow, but this is much better.

Tentative thoughts (try the demo on steam yourself):
If you're into racing sims, it's hard to pass up at this price. If racing sims aren't your thing, then F1 2012 probably isn't a game for you. I find full assists kinda wonky because it auto-brakes for you pretty heavily before turns -- it certainly helps keep you from flying off the track though.

[quote name='Motoki']*Edit:
Well hell you go and ninja me when I am replying. :p

Anyway Saints Row 2, $2.60 before discount in GG UK[/QUOTE]
After the 20% comp and then the little BC kick-back, it came out to 1,973 BCs. Under $2. Hell, less than that since I bought my BC's for 20% off.

Now I just need to, you know, play it.

[quote name='Syntax Error']After the 20% comp and then the little BC kick-back, it came out to 1,973 BCs. Under $2. Hell, less than that since I bought my BC's for 20% off.

Now I just need to, you know, play it.[/QUOTE]

Play, Shcmay.

Although Ashes Posted in the Steam thread that she's about halfway through Saints Row 2 and enjoying it so there's an endorsement for it at least. ;)

I'm really enjoying SR2, about as much fun (more and less) as SR3. SR3 really is a sequel, they share a lot of game play elements. I'm about halfway through and SR3 seems a bit more over the top, but SR2 certainly has it's own version of absurd charm. There are also some elements in SR2 that didn't make it to SR3, like the Septic Avenger & Fuzz missions.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm really enjoying SR2, about as much fun (more and less) as SR3. SR3 really is a sequel, they share a lot of game play elements. I'm about halfway through and SR3 seems a bit more over the top, but SR2 certainly has it's own version of absurd charm. There are also some elements in SR2 that didn't make it to SR3, like the Septic Avenger & Fuzz missions.[/QUOTE]

Grats. SR2 is just amazing, I have the luck of playing it with a close friend and each time we have a blast, the other day we were going blue out of laughter with the fuzz (fizz?) missions, it was just awesome.

AFAIK SR3 was supposed to be a proper sequel but they ran out of money before finishing it, that's why the world is so much smaller. among other things, I hope SR4 ends up being a worthy successor in the hands of deep silver, and why not, maybe we will see a HD re-release of the 1st and the 2nd, with the console only dlc for the 2nd included.

[quote name='jshackles']Got an email from Gamersgate saying that all of their XCOM titles will be 75% off starting tomorrow:

http://www.gamersgate.com/xcom?aff=ggnews

That'll make Enemy Unknown $12.50 for those of us without the special discount. Redeems on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't have any plans of buying XCOM for myself so I can help up to two CAGs get it at the discount price if anybody needs help.

[quote name='jshackles']That'll make Enemy Unknown $12.50 for those of us without the special discount. Redeems on Steam.[/QUOTE]
You mean $11.88
...Elder-geek.com coupon code! Don't throw your pennies away!

$10 (w/ 20% comp) might be the purchase point that finally makes me get it. Or not. I guess we'll see how I'm feeling about it tomorrow. Nice sale either way.

[quote name='Syntax Error']You mean $11.88
...Elder-geek.com coupon code! Don't throw your pennies away!

$10 (w/ 20% comp) might be the purchase point that finally makes me get it. Or not. I guess we'll see how I'm feeling about it tomorrow. Nice sale either way.[/QUOTE]

You mean $3.60 until they realize they screwed up and it really isn't supposed to be 91% off.

Just kidding!

Or am I?

[quote name='DonRamon']Grats. SR2 is just amazing, I have the luck of playing it with a close friend and each time we have a blast, the other day we were going blue out of laughter with the fuzz (fizz?) missions, it was just awesome.

AFAIK SR3 was supposed to be a proper sequel but they ran out of money before finishing it, that's why the world is so much smaller. among other things, I hope SR4 ends up being a worthy successor in the hands of deep silver, and why not, maybe we will see a HD re-release of the 1st and the 2nd, with the console only dlc for the 2nd included.[/QUOTE]

SR3 (base game) was just awesome, awesome, awesome! Loved it!
I need to play the DLC from SR3, since I recently bought the Full Package just to get the DLC.

SR2 - I'd love to see the console DLC hit the PC.
I liked SR2 quite a bit, but NOWHERE as much as SR3.

Oh, I never played SR1 since it was console-only, so I'd love to see that get ported here.

[quote name='Bilbo1']i read "up to 75%" in my email, so i am not sure EU will indeed be 75% off

either way, we will know for sure in a couple of hours[/QUOTE]

From the GG noosletter:

XCOM Weekend Save up to 75% on the XCom titles this weekend. Notice: Starts Friday 15th

Prices flip around midnight Pacific in the US - I wonder how many CAGers will camp GG tonight waiting for a price mistake on XCOM...

[quote name='Bilbo1']i read "up to 75%" in my email, so i am not sure EU will indeed be 75% off

either way, we will know for sure in a couple of hours[/QUOTE]

They are all DRM free though.No steamkeys

[quote name='Motoki']You mean $3.60 until they realize they screwed up and it really isn't supposed to be 91% off.

Just kidding!

Or am I?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I could get down w/ XCOM EU at $3.60; even if it's just the base game. ;)

My thing w/ XCOM EU is there's already 2 DLC's.
I wonder if there'll be a bunch more soon, like Firaxis' other strategy game (Civ 5).

[quote name='seamoss']From the GG noosletter:

XCOM Weekend Save up to 75% on the XCom titles this weekend. Notice: Starts Friday 15th

Prices flip around midnight Pacific in the US - I wonder how many CAGers will camp GG tonight waiting for a price mistake on XCOM...[/QUOTE]

Or some of us tend to still be up at midnight and remember to check. =p

[quote name='asheskitty']Or some of us tend to still be up at midnight and remember to check. =p[/QUOTE]

Is that Pacific Time? Eastern Time? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back