GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've been tempted to buy it for the co-op but can't find a co-op partner for it.. I made 2 pending orders just in case I find someone though.
2 people is generally not enough to play Syndicate. I have played co-op with 3 people before where 2 of us are pretty good at shooters but it is still very difficult on normal. Normal is the lowest difficulty too and is like hard+ in Syndicate co-op. You have to approach this game like it is a MMO and use MMO type tactics where you should use your abilities to heal/revive the other players. I believe the game is really meant to be played as 4 person co-op and you MUST work as a team so VoIP is pretty much essential. It is possible to complete some levels as a 2 person group but not all. Co-op has a leveling system too. With that all said, it is a lot of fun to play so if you do buy, add me Daykain on Origin and I will play if we can get enough people.

Edit: Oh and the bloom isn't abused like it is in single player (at least the levels I have managed to complete).

Last edited by a moderator:
I should play more games co-op. It usually end up being fun once I get past my anti-social anxieties.

Well doesn't this sound familiar :oops:
We could start a club. The Shy Gamers Club. Or in my case The Inept Gamers Club. And we can't play shooters because I am not good at those. I crash a lot when driving too. Puzzlers can be a bit confusing. I get lost in dungeons.

2 people is generally not enough to play Syndicate. I have played co-op with 3 people before where 2 of us are pretty good at shooters but it is still very difficult on normal. Normal is the lowest difficulty too and is like hard+ in Syndicate co-op. You have to approach this game like it is a MMO and use MMO type tactics where you should use your abilities to heal/revive the other players. I believe the game is really meant to be played as 4 person co-op and you MUST work as a team so VoIP is pretty much essential. It is possible to complete some levels as a 2 person group but not all. Co-op has a leveling system too. With that all said, it is a lot of fun to play so if you do buy, add me Daykain on Origin and I will play if we can get enough people.

Edit: Oh and the bloom isn't abused like it is in single player (at least the levels I have managed to complete).
Well, that officially scared me away from the game lol.

We could start a club. The Shy Gamers Club. Or in my case The Inept Gamers Club. And we can't play shooters because I am not good at those. I crash a lot when driving too. Puzzlers can be a bit confusing. I get lost in dungeons.
Shinept Gamers Club?

Oh, and I echo your statements, but I also can't climb or jump, so definitely no platformers.

Shinept Gamers Club?

Oh, and I echo your statements, but I also can't climb or jump, so definitely no platformers.
And what about those skill trees? I'm always climbing the wrong branch and my poor character/country suffers for it. That eliminates pretty much any strategy and _rpg game, most MMOs included I suppose.

So shooters, racing games, puzzle games, roguelikes, platformers, RPGs, and MMOs are all out. Well I guess we could always just stand in a circle and sing kumbaya :grouphug:

We could start a club. The Shy Gamers Club.
Let me know when this club is formed. :D

Or in my case The Inept Gamers Club. And we can't play shooters because I am not good at those. I crash a lot when driving too. Puzzlers can be a bit confusing. I get lost in dungeons.
I want to join the Inept Gamers Club, too - but it ain't for gaming. ;)

I'm just clumsy, in general.

I ain't 'cause of shooters - I'm actually decent at them. ;)

I play tons of 'em.

EDIT:

So shooters, racing games, puzzle games, roguelikes, platformers, RPGs, and MMOs are all out. Well I guess we could always just stand in a circle and sing kumbaya :grouphug:
Can we also roast marsh-mellows at a campfire, get a bonfire going, and invite a bunch of people over? ;)

I play tons of 'em.

EDIT:

Can we also roast marsh-mellows at a campfire, get a bonfire going, and invite a bunch of people over? ;)
lol andd yes u can but dont forget to bring some ur ladies to spank u and mns and neuro bahha

I play tons of 'em.

EDIT:

You wanna talk clumsy, I ran head first into a small sailboat boom and then into said boat's strung up mushroom weight and then into a picnic table...all in the same day. With all of my head injuries, I should probably be teaching Mr. Hawking a thing or two.

And no, you can't invite a bunch of people over. It's against the Club rules to invite anonymous people into the fold prior to the proper vetting period of 1 year. And even then my anxiety will go up a notch or two. But, the fire and marshmallows are cool. I'll bring the graham crackers and chocolate.

You wanna talk clumsy, I ran head first into a small sailboat boom and then into said boat's strung up mushroom weight and then into a picnic table...all in the same day. With all of my head injuries, I should probably be teaching Mr. Hawking a thing or two.

And no, you can't invite a bunch of people over. It's against the Club rules to invite anonymous people into the fold prior to the proper vetting period of 1 year. And even then my anxiety will go up a notch or two. But, the fire and marshmallows are cool. I'll bring the graham crackers and chocolate.
Oh, man - that all sounds really painful. I ain't even *that* clumsy. I hope you don't have problems w/ concussions and all of that madness. :(

And well, I guess I can't invite any beautiful girls. :(

Oh, man - that all sounds really painful. I ain't even *that* clumsy. I hope you don't have problems w/ concussions and all of that madness. :(

It might go to explain my migraines, though I've had a couple neurologists tell me it's not.

Single sane beautiful girls don't exist. That's like saying there's girls on the internet. Besides...

post-13-1203261583.jpg

MysterD said:

If his posts are any indication, I'd definitely say he is as mad as a hatter. ;)
000-1007162622-pot_kettle.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder if we are long lost twins separated at birth...or the same person and one of us fell into a time paradox :whee:
Possibru. The story is I may/may not have half-siblings. :whistle2:k

And time paradox...my favorite episodic theme throughout all the Star Trek series. (Sorry, was just watching the Cause and Effect episode of TNG.)

MrNinjaSquirrel said:
I'm beginning to wonder if we are long lost twins separated at birth...or the same person and one of us fell into a time paradox :whee:
I'm beginning to wonder if our universe was created when some drunk alien fratboy decided to light his own fart.

Online Activation DLC?
Can't Connect To Server DLC?

Maybe they can sell activations as DLCs (don't blame me when that actually happens).

Daily Deal
70% off From Dust (Other DRM) - $4.50

Midweek Deals
Up to 75% off Tomb Raider Games
70% off Alice: The Madness Returns (SecuROM) - $5.99
70% off Alice: The Madness Returns - The Complete Collection (Origin) - $8.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • The main Alice Madness Returns Game
  • Includes the original 2000 PC game American McGee’s Alice
  • Weapons of Madness and Dresses Pack.
Weapons
  • Octo-grinder- this weapon increases ammo limit and provides double the ammo. An enhanced version of the Pepper Grinder.
  • Knightmare-restores gamers’ health with each hit. An enhanced version of the Hobby Horse
  • Catnip Cannon— This weapon increases damage to enemies by 50 percent. An enhanced version of the Teapot Cannon
  • Vorpal Cleaver— This weapon reduces damage from enemies by 50 percent. An enhanced version of the infamous Vorpal Blade
Dresses
  • The Fleshmaiden Dress causes hysteria at any time.
  • The Hattress -causes a player to lose teeth instead of health.
  • The Checkmate Dress -deals out double the damage for all weapons.
  • The Late but Lucky Dress- imbues a player’s health with the power of Shrinking Violets.
  • The Cheshire Dress —disables all Rose Drops from enemies.
  • The Caterpillar Dress —keeps Shrink Sonar active.
[/customspoiler]

Daily Deal
70% off From Dust (Other DRM) - $4.50

Midweek Deals
Up to 75% off Tomb Raider Games
70% off Alice: The Madness Returns (SecuROM) - $5.99
70% off Alice: The Madness Returns - The Complete Collection (Origin) - $8.99 [customspoiler=Includes]

• The main Alice Madness Returns Game
  • Includes the original 2000 PC game American McGee’s Alice
  • Weapons of Madness and Dresses Pack.
Weapons
  • Octo-grinder- this weapon increases ammo limit and provides double the ammo. An enhanced version of the Pepper Grinder.
  • Knightmare-restores gamers’ health with each hit. An enhanced version of the Hobby Horse
  • Catnip Cannon— This weapon increases damage to enemies by 50 percent. An enhanced version of the Teapot Cannon
  • Vorpal Cleaver— This weapon reduces damage from enemies by 50 percent. An enhanced version of the infamous Vorpal Blade
Dresses
  • The Fleshmaiden Dress causes hysteria at any time.
  • The Hattress -causes a player to lose teeth instead of health.
  • The Checkmate Dress -deals out double the damage for all weapons.
  • The Late but Lucky Dress- imbues a player’s health with the power of Shrinking Violets.
  • The Cheshire Dress —disables all Rose Drops from enemies.
  • The Caterpillar Dress —keeps Shrink Sonar active.
[/customspoiler]
I wish someone would just sell American McGee's Alice (original).

I already own Madness Returns!

I can't remember if you PS3 as well as PC. If you have the PS3 version of Madness Returns you can get the original for free from the digital store.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/search/f=%5Ealice%7Cbucket~games
He's strictly PC, though given how much he seems to want to play stuff like Red Dead Redemption, The Last of Us, and Beyond: Two Souls I think he would get a lot out of a PS3 should he ever manage to convince himself to pick one up ;)

Nope, that won't happen.

He knows I'm strictly PC, these days - and have been since I abandoned them after the original PSX.

Plus, it's not something I'd likely ask for.
Did the hookers show up on your birthday? If not, I need to ask for a refund. ;) Hope you had an awesome genital wart free birthday!!!!!

Did the hookers show up on your birthday? If not, I need to ask for a refund. ;) Hope you had an awesome genital wart free birthday!!!!!
Nope. My birthday was good, sure.

TBH, as usual - it wasn't remotely anything spectacular, special, amazing, or memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back