GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I'm able to see Sacred 2: Gold in my store (Puerto Rico) in USD for $6.78. With my IGN discount, it's $5.76. I'm willing to help out with buying it at that price if you send me the money first (blue coins, paypal gift or Amazon GC). Send me a PM with how you want to pay and your gamersgate details (email or login name).

Forgive me for being somewhat off topic, but I assume most of you guys just signed up for the IGN trial to get the GG discount?

It doesn't appear that IGN offers the free trial anymore - is it worth actually signing up for IGN prime (or whatever it's called)?

I don't purchase from GG all that much, anyone find the other membership benefits worth it on IGN?

Thanks.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']For some reason I'm able to see Sacred 2: Gold in my store (Puerto Rico) in USD for $6.78. With my IGN discount, it's $5.76. I'm willing to help out with buying it at that price if you send me the money first (blue coins, paypal gift or Amazon GC). Send me a PM with how you want to pay and your gamersgate details (email or login name).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']For some reason I'm able to see Sacred 2: Gold in my store (Puerto Rico) in USD for $6.78. With my IGN discount, it's $5.76. I'm willing to help out with buying it at that price if you send me the money first (blue coins, paypal gift or Amazon GC). Send me a PM with how you want to pay and your gamersgate details (email or login name).[/QUOTE]

Gamersgate is not letting me buy more than two copies (even though I gifted one of them) - it says I need to contact support. Has anyone run accross this issue before?

Anyway, until this gets worked out, I won't be able to help out with the pricing. Sorry, I'll post again if support can do something for me.

[quote name='gunstar808']From amount $8.16 USD To amount £5.08 GBP Exchange rate: 1 USD = 0.622549 GBP

That's what my paypal receipt shows.[/QUOTE]

Weird is that without discount? Mine was

From amount $6.94 USD
To amount £4.32 GBP
Exchange rate: 1 USD = 0.622478 GBP

[quote name='pROvIs']Weird is that without discount? Mine was

From amount $6.94 USD
To amount £4.32 GBP
Exchange rate: 1 USD = 0.622478 GBP[/QUOTE]

Just bought Sacred 2 Gold. Yeah, that's the same price ($8.16) I got. Don't have IGN discount.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Gamersgate is not letting me buy more than two copies (even though I gifted one of them) - it says I need to contact support. Has anyone run accross this issue before?

Anyway, until this gets worked out, I won't be able to help out with the pricing. Sorry, I'll post again if support can do something for me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I ran into that issue. You can't buy more than 2 copies for the same game for any game on the site, it's a limitation of their library system/site design. I would've thought by gifting one of them you'd be able to get around it though..

[quote name='SeymourGams']On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 1+2 are both for sale. Does anyone know if those include steam keys? Or the Sega Megadrive bundle?[/QUOTE]

Was this a stupid question or in the wrong forum?

[quote name='SeymourGams']Was this a stupid question or in the wrong forum?[/QUOTE]

Neither, just got lost in the mix. Gamersgate is usually pretty good at listing if a game activates on steam in the description/specs. I don't see that on either of those so I would say neither does.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Neither, just got lost in the mix. Gamersgate is usually pretty good at listing if a game activates on steam in the description/specs. I don't see that on either of those so I would say neither does.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I saw that Steam or steamworks isn't specifically labeled, but from catching up on this thread it seems that it isn't always clear.

Awesome, thanks Gamersgate. Ever since Steam screwed me over on Sacred 2 by running out of keys and taking the game off store, I've been looking for a great deal on Sacred 2. Now it comes by and with the DLC. Definitely a great game, can be a bit corny, but I spent so many hours playing it on console. I can't wait to experience the expansion.

I bought Sacred 2 Gold and while it's downloading, I noticed that activation keys are being ordered from the publisher. Any idea how long it'll take to get em in? Or if I could possibly use the activation key from my disc based copy? (Assuming I can find the manual that is)

Edit: Nevermind, I just refreshed the page and it was there

Last edited by a moderator:
Alas, no.

Sacred 2 is no longer available on Steam at all...

Looks like the new deals are up for today.

[quote name='BrolyB593']So if you buy Sacred 2 here it does not activate on Steam correct?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hal']Steer clear of TAGES[/QUOTE]

i was looking into buying rainbow six vegas and it has tages. What is bad about it?

[quote name='xamon']i was looking into buying rainbow six vegas and it has tages. What is bad about it?[/QUOTE]

I read a steampowered thread mention that it only has 3 activation limit.

[quote name='dejeckt']I read a steampowered thread mention that it only has 3 activation limit.[/QUOTE]

well looks like i will save $4

This may sound like a stupid question, but after installing Sacred 2 and all the patches (including the community patch) I can't seem to figure out how to run the game. I look under my Deep Silver folder, and there's no executable or option to run it when I look under the start menu

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Shooter/action week! Some "gems" to be found for sure, but a lot of the gems aren't available in my country? What gives...[/QUOTE]

Hmm, try the UK site maybe?

[quote name='Motoki']Hmm, try the UK site maybe?[/QUOTE]

UK Site shows the same... maybe it's just a site glitch then... I really doubt shitty budget first person shooters would be region restricted... only in russia maybe?

[quote name='dejeckt']I read a steampowered thread mention that it only has 3 activation limit.[/QUOTE]

Hmm - from the GG Twitter feed:

"Anything bought at GamersGate comes with unlimited activations (as long as it's just personal use!). Email support if you run out!"

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']UK Site shows the same... maybe it's just a site glitch then... I really doubt shitty budget first person shooters would be region restricted... only in russia maybe?[/QUOTE]

Pretty lame sale this week - hopefully the daily deals will be better (and I wish they'd discount the individual Thief titles instead of just the collection - they should learn from Steam).

By the way, next week is Strategy Games but apparently week four doesn't have a banner yet...

I absolutely love the Splinter Cell series. I was pretty let down with Double Agent, though. Any thoughts on Spliter Cell Conviction? Haven't played that yet.

[quote name='gentlyporking']Why are the Freedom Force games in this week's batch? They're RPGs.[/QUOTE]
GamersGate is horrible with getting genres right. Oh well. Still awesome deals on these classics.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']I absolutely love the Splinter Cell series. I was pretty let down with Double Agent, though. Any thoughts on Spliter Cell Conviction? Haven't played that yet.[/QUOTE]

I just wonder about the DRM on this game. It says it requires a constant internet connection and I heard really bad stuff about Ubisoft's U-Play DRM.

[quote name='seamoss']hmm - from the gg twitter feed:

"anything bought at gamersgate comes with unlimited activations (as long as it's just personal use!). Email support if you run out!"

[/quote]

awesome news!! :)

There have been a lot of great contributions to the thread from you guys so I decided to go ahead and wikify it. I'll still try to keep it updated as much as I can.

GG's policy of sending new codes if you run out of activations has been in the thread's FAQ for a long time. Maybe I need to rephrase things?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I just wonder about the DRM on this game. It says it requires a constant internet connection and I heard really bad stuff about Ubisoft's U-Play DRM.[/QUOTE]
Well that's depressing. Pretty sad how DRM is one of my top concerns when buying games but it was never even a thought for me when I pirated years ago.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Anybody know if anyone is doing a Wanderlust group buy? With ign discount?[/QUOTE]

This guy has it for $5:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9858659&postcount=9383

It's .22 cents more than the IGN Discount price ($4.78) so it's not too bad.

Edit:
And reading up on it apparently they patched some DRM out of Conviction, so it no longer needs a constant connection but still requires a connection upon start up everytime.

Anyone that bought Sacred 2 run into an issue where nothing will render?
When I start the game at the title screen the only thing that I can see other than the logo is some golden pig tailed hair. Nothing else will render. :(

ATI Catalyst 12.6 w/ Radeon 6870
W7 x64

Tried all of the suggestions that I could find (Compatability Mode, Windowed Mode, -skipopenal, etc.)

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Anybody know if anyone is doing a Wanderlust group buy? With ign discount?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you care or not but if you buy Wanderlust on GG it will not activate on Steam.

You could try to ask the developers for a Desura key. I know on their forum in the past they told at least one person who bought it on GG that they would issue him a Desura key.

However they are also taking a hard line on out and out stating they will not be issuing Steam keys to prior purchasers and if they want the game on Steam they will have to buy it again on Steam so they may not even be willing to issue a Desura key at this point.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']
And reading up on it apparently they patched some DRM out of Conviction, so it no longer needs a constant connection but still requires a connection upon start up everytime.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak specifically for Splinter Cell but I know with the couple of games that I have that use UPlay as long as you have activated the game and logged into UPlay at least once with it you can set it to launch Uplay in offline mode by default subsequent times you launch it and in my testing it seems to work.

It even works for From Dust which originally also required a constant connection but they also patched that out of that game.

[quote name='TheHelp']Anyone that bought Sacred 2 run into an issue where nothing will render?
When I start the game at the title screen the only thing that I can see other than the logo is some golden pig tailed hair. Nothing else will render. :(

ATI Catalyst 12.6 w/ Radeon 6870
W7 x64

Tried all of the suggestions that I could find (Compatability Mode, Windowed Mode, -skipopenal, etc.)[/QUOTE]

I don't have an ATI card.
I have Nvidia (1GB GeForce GTX 560 Ti).
Never had rendering issues.

I did have stutters, freezes & crashes, though.

Here's some things I did to stop those issues:

1. I had turn OFF high-texture pack in-game (which came w/ Sacred 2: FA CE [USA]).
I read Ice and Blood doesn't like it on some forums somewhere, basically - especially since there also is no high-res textures for Ice and Blood portion of the game.
Turned off Elite setting in-game; went back to Default.

2. Disable Visual Themes & Disable Desktop Composition
Right click on for your game EXE or Shortcut. Left-click Properties; go to Compatibility Tab; and check the boxes to Disable Visual Themes & Desktop Composition.
These being ON can be a problem w/ games that came out BEFORE Win Vista and 7 - so it can be a good idea to shut these down on older games, if you have issues.

3. I had run the game in Win XP SP2 Compatibility Mode.
Win XP SP3 mode didn't do the trick w/ solving issues for me; but this Compatibility switch to Win XP SP2 mode did the trick, though.

4. I forgot - I also set Sacred 2's Shortcut/EXE Properties to Run Program as Admin.

I don't know if this'll help all or any your ATI issues, but I'm hoping it might some bit help...
Good luck!

@Slightly
Hey, no problem.
Also, worth noting - DarkMatters is a very well known and still continuing Sacred Community for finding downloads, files, mods and discussions about anything Sacred.

Glad I found this thread!

So far I've grabbed The Last Remnant, Titan Quest Gold, and Shining Force II ($0.90, why not?).

Only issue I've run into is with the GamersGate downloader/installer. It works fine for the most part, but the problem is that it only DOWNLOADS temp files, and it will only launch the installer through the downloader which requires an internet connection (since it connects to your GG profile). Because of this, I couldn't move Titan Quest to my gaming laptop that can't connect to the internet. I installed the game on one computer and tried just moving the files, but when the main menu of the game comes up, it just says "invalid CD key".

A lot of irritation that could easily be avoided if the downloader actually downloaded the installation files. Instead it only downloads temp files that you can't open on their own. I've contacted GG, but no luck yet.

That aside, liking GG so far, lol.

How long does Gamergate support usually take to get back to someone? I apparently accidentally bought Sacred to as a gift on Sunday and supported a ticket asking for them to convert it to redeemable but have not heard back yet.

I was on mobile and must have clicked the wrong thing. Unlike Steam, apparently if you buy something specifically as a gift on Gamersgate you can't redeem it yourself which is annoying.

I guess I can make a dummy account and redeem it there but I don't want yet another account to have to remember. That's the reason I don't buy much from GG in the first place.

Anyone know if I can gift it to my email (registered to my regular account) and then redeem it still or gift it to a dummy account then gift it back to my main? Or does gifting on Gamersgate pretty much just work one way and then the recipient has it for good?

Also, their buddy system is annoying. I added a couple people I know on here that I could actually find there and though hey I can look at their friends list for others but nope, the info you can actually see on someone else's profile there is very minimal.

[quote name='Motoki']How long does Gamergate support usually take to get back to someone? I apparently accidentally bought Sacred to as a gift on Sunday and supported a ticket asking for them to convert it to redeemable but have not heard back yet.

I was on mobile and must have clicked the wrong thing. Unlike Steam, apparently if you buy something specifically as a gift on Gamersgate you can't redeem it yourself which is annoying.

I guess I can make a dummy account and redeem it there but I don't want yet another account to have to remember. That's the reason I don't buy much from GG in the first place.

Anyone know if I can gift it to my email (registered to my regular account) and then redeem it still or gift it to a dummy account then gift it back to my main? Or does gifting on Gamersgate pretty much just work one way and then the recipient has it for good?

Also, their buddy system is annoying. I added a couple people I know on here that I could actually find there and though hey I can look at their friends list for others but nope, the info you can actually see on someone else's profile there is very minimal.[/QUOTE]

Took about 2 days for them to respond back to me. Have no idea about the gifting system there through.

[quote name='Motoki']How long does Gamergate support usually take to get back to someone? I apparently accidentally bought Sacred to as a gift on Sunday and supported a ticket asking for them to convert it to redeemable but have not heard back yet.
[/QUOTE]

They took right at 4 days to fix my issue last week. Similar to yours, my issue involved gifting and they fixed it w/o any problems. Just give them time and they will take care of it :)

Is that a good price on Homefront?

Also, their buddy system is annoying. I added a couple people I know on here that I could actually find there and though hey I can look at their friends list for others but nope, the info you can actually see on someone else's profile there is very minimal.[/QUOTE]

Around 4 days, sometimes longer. I can't answer your other questions though, never had any experience with that.

[quote name='Idiotekque']A lot of irritation that could easily be avoided if the downloader actually downloaded the installation files. Instead it only downloads temp files that you can't open on their own. I've contacted GG, but no luck yet.[/QUOTE]
Those "temp" files you refer to are actually normal installation files. (A lot of the time they just look like installation DVD contents.) When they're done downloading and the game's installation screen comes up, simply copy them elsewhere. You can then run them whenever you want without needing an internet connection.

It does also ask you at the end of installation if you'd like to keep the files to install later. I do not know if it still does the online check if you keep the files that way. I haven't tried it personally yet.

EDIT: I thought I had this tip in the FAQ but it turns out I didn't. Putting it in there now.

[quote name='Motoki']Anyone know if I can gift it to my email (registered to my regular account) and then redeem it still or gift it to a dummy account then gift it back to my main? Or does gifting on Gamersgate pretty much just work one way and then the recipient has it for good?[/QUOTE]
Just gift it to your own e-mail and redeem it on your account. No need to make a dummy one. I've done this numerous times with "giftable only" copies in 3/4 packs so that I could get the Steam key to give to people.

[quote name='Seraphym']Is that a good price on Homefront?[/QUOTE]
Arguably there's no good price for Homefront but that's the first DLC-included edition I've seen for it and $7.50 to $9 is where I used to see the base game fall on sale.

I think I might bite on Homefront. That's as cheap as it's ever been on Steam and that's without the extra content. I'll wait and see what Steam's Midweek and Daily is before I purchase though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back