Gamerush Deals Thread! (TRADE 3 get PO for $5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH (pm/post with any suggestions)

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Nw 50th and MacArthur (for now). If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks. If your good I may hook up with with a special "modification" to a current deal that you may greatly enjoy...

Please note in the next few weeks I will be changing stores to Hefner and Rockwell. They needed the help and while I like my store the pay raise was justifiable and my current sm is moving to pittsburg.

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game (LAST DAY IS MAY 16!)

Beginning March 15th till May 23rd, trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals). Also be aware some titles that sell for $4.99 may not work either (Haven, Project Eden, etc.) So don't get upset when they don't.

You may be limited to 10 per day though YMMV.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 1 get 1 50% til close of business May 16

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64. If any employee disagrees they can call my store at 1-700-22-40049 (not many people know about it but it calls the store in the company by the last 5 digits store code).

Buy 1 Preowned game get another 1 for 50% off. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy two new PS1 games, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
04/12/05 (Credit goes to AzianAsspicker)

Doom3- 35
DBZ Sagas- 35
Dynasty Warriors-35
God of War- 35
Jade Empire-35
BIA: Road to Hill 30- 35
DMC3-30
Fight Night Round2- 30
Gran Turismo 4- 30
NBA Street v3- 30
NFS Underground Rivals- 30
Star Fox: Assault- 30
Star Wars Republic Commando- 30
Tekken 5- 30
Timesplitters Future Perfect- 30
Splinter Cell: C.T.- 30
Tony Hawk Underground 2 RE- 30
Cold Fear- 25
WWE Wrestlemania 21: Become a Legend- 25
Dynasty Warriors- 23
Close Combat: Frist to Fight- 20
DK Junglebeat- 20
Lego Star Wars- 20
Metal Gear Acid- 20
MX vs. ATV Unleased- 20
NBA- 20
Ridge Racer- 20
Stolen- 20
Ghost Recon 2- 20
Twisted Metal: Head-on- 20
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade- 20
World Soccer tour 2005- 18
Wario Ware: Touched!- 18
MVP Baseball 2005- 15
Pokemon Dash- 12.50
Wario Ware: Twisted- 12
Yoshi Touch & Go- 12
Major League Baseball 2K5- 10
Full Spectrum Warrior- 8
Narc- 8

Accessories:
Ps2- Memory card Sony-15
Ps2- Network Adapter- 15
Ps2- USB Headset *any brand*- 12
Ps2- Dual Shock Controller- 4
XB- S Controller- 16
XB- Microsoft DVD Remote w/ sensor- 15
XB- Memory Card- 4
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 16mb-10
GC- Component Cable- 8
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 4mb- 3

Hardware
PS2 $95
PS2 Slim $95
Xbox $95
DS $85
GBA SP $45
GC $25
PSP $175

Credit goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

[quote name='nakanenui']is atelier iris ~eternal mana~ or stellar deus: the gate of eternity in the system?[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but regardless, don't even bother preordering them from GR. GR takes preorders for a lot of games that they'll never receive, especially niche titles like the ones you mentioned. I've had three preorders fall through for that very reason, and for each one they made me wait about a month after the official release date until I could switch, at which time they would give me grief since the preorder deal would be over and they wouldn't want me to get a different game for $30. I wonder what they expect when they take preorders for games they know they won't get.

^ Which is why some employees will limit your preordering to their official list. It depends on the employee if they let you switch the preorder, give you the full price of the game, or just refund what you actually paid if your preorder doesn't come in. I've personally experienced all 3 situations. They are becoming a little better on receiving games, cause I've seen games like Phantom Dust and Scrapland plus some more titles I didn't think they would carry.

Personally I would check to see if Gamerush is carrying any new games from the publisher Atlus Software, since I think it mainly depends on the publisher.

[quote name='ksuwild25']I picked up the last 2 copies of the Echo game at Collin Creek Mall's EB, one new and one used one for 9.99 and 7.99. Traded one in already.[/QUOTE]
Grrr, so thats why I couldn't find any copies there a few hours ago. Blah. No luck at the EB in Richardson Square Mall either...

[quote name='polobearjp']Grrr, so thats why I couldn't find any copies there a few hours ago. Blah. No luck at the EB in Richardson Square Mall either...[/QUOTE]

Yeah yesterday morning I went to ebgames.com to find the nearest store and the top 3 that were there yesterday are replaced by EBs that are hours away when I checked this afternoon. I just went to the one at the mall though, so there is another CAG(s) that got those other stores.

If you want to try your luck at Fry's (this is the only place that I know of that has the game and will price match competitor's prices), I think they have some 30+ copies when i saw him pull up the game when I tried to get it price matched from my EB receipt this afternoon. Unfortunately he wouldn't do it, because he decided to call EB at the last minute to check to see if they have them in stock because the manager there butted in at the last minute and made him do so when he saw the 9.99 price. He was at the last step of the price match too, so I thought I was about to walk away with a couple more copies. Supposedly when they do a price match, that price is in their system for at least a day so all the other copies will ring up at the 9.99 price. If you, or any other Dallas based CAG wants to use my receipt and try their luck let me know. 30+ copies is alot of GR credit.

[quote name='Zennousha']Stores will stop accepting copies of games if they have too many. My GR stopped accepting Club World after my friend and I traded in 5 or 6 and they stopped taking RE:CV for PS2 after a couple as well. It worked again two weeks later so they must have moved a unit or two to clear up "room". Last time I went into GR they were boxing up tons of games that they had more than five copies of so I was told. There were hundreds of games being packed up so I imagine GR has some type of safe guard even if it is really weak.

Has anyone managed to pick up Doom3 CE with the trade in 2 deal? I want to pick it up and I saw people got it for preorder before but I wasn't sure if it has worked since release.[/QUOTE]

Nope they would not let me get it. They said the regular one was the only one that applied. They wouldn't even let me pay the difference of $10. That was the GameRush manager. I went late at night an a regular new employee didn't know the difference. :)

[quote name='stoned99']I've never had a problem trading two copies of anything, in fact 1 day I traded two copies of 4 different games in the same trade. I told the GM who did the trade the truth, which is simply I hoard stuff I get cheap for later trades.

He smiled and completed the trade.

I'm just about double dipped out however, I traded 6 games on tuesday, and didn't get a single preorder. I have about 15-20 games on preorder, with quite a few duplicates of the same title. About once a month I return a game unopened for complete refund, so instant 55$ credit to my account.[/QUOTE]

You can return games for full credit? Damn I would have returned my Doom3 so that I could buy a Doom 3 LE if that is the case.

anyone know what GBA legend of mana or advanced wars 2 are trading in at... thinking if its $10 ea I would jump on it. Seems like my store wont do prices over the phone. *bastards*

Weird experience for me today. Traded in two copies of Echo and a few others with no problem —$the manager handled the transaction. He had given me a hard time about double dipping the last time I traded, but this time, he apologized and told me he DOES accept double dipping. I tried to get Doom 3 CE ... No luck. Anyway, I have about $150 on my card now. Trying to save up for a PSP, so I'll probably buy a few more Echo copies this weekend.

[quote name='nakanenui']is atelier iris ~eternal mana~ or stellar deus: the gate of eternity in the system?[/QUOTE]

They should be in the system (I did a preorder for the former, but not the latter), but I never thought about the fact that they'll more than likely never receive it....oh well, if it doesn't work, then I'll have to try something else...

[quote name='polobearjp']
[quote name='ksuwild25']
Originally Posted by ksuwild25
I picked up the last 2 copies of the Echo game at Collin Creek Mall's EB, one new and one used one for 9.99 and 7.99. Traded one in already.
[/QUOTE]

Grrr, so thats why I couldn't find any copies there a few hours ago. Blah. No luck at the EB in Richardson Square Mall either...[/QUOTE]

bah! Why do there have to be so many CAG's in this area. Was going to head down there tomorrow. Guess I will have to try Frisco.

[quote name='nakanenui']anyone know what GBA legend of mana or advanced wars 2 are trading in at... thinking if its $10 ea I would jump on it. Seems like my store wont do prices over the phone. *bastards*[/QUOTE]
Legend of Mana I believe is $7 and AW2 is $5... both prices Without the extra $5.

[quote name='dpatel']bah! Why do there have to be so many CAG's in this area. Was going to head down there tomorrow. Guess I will have to try Frisco.[/QUOTE]

Blargh, so much for going to Frisco...no point in me driving out there if someone else will go! ;)

The best thing about living in a little place such as Denton is not having much in the way of competition....of course, my friend cleaned the local store of their two copies, so I'm SOL. :p

[quote name='lyric706']Weird experience for me today. Traded in two copies of Echo and a few others with no problem —$the manager handled the transaction. He had given me a hard time about double dipping the last time I traded, but this time, he apologized and told me he DOES accept double dipping. I tried to get Doom 3 CE ... No luck. Anyway, I have about $150 on my card now. Trying to save up for a PSP, so I'll probably buy a few more Echo copies this weekend.[/QUOTE]

My store will not let me double dip. But, tonight a clueless employee was working and I was able to get a Doom 3 CE version for the trade 2 get a new game for $29.99

The good news is the computer lets you do this. The management has just been told to not do it.

Echo Night still gets $25 for trade in :)

Evening of Thurs Apr. 7th, *with* $5 exra:

PS2 - Malice: $16
PS2 - Echo Night Beyond: $30
GC - Final Fantasy CC: $16
PS2 - Auto Modellista: $10

Nothing surprising to anyone here, but just a confirmation that nothing has been changed outside of the normal schedule (Tues).

Thanks Gamerush (and EB)!

A question for the Gamerush people on CAG: do they get a full history of your tradeins popping up on their computer when they scan your BB card? The girl today said something like "Boy, you sure have pumped alot of games through here" after she scanned my card. The guy I usually deal with never says a thing. This is the first time I've ever gotten a comment about my frequent tradeins. She asked me if I had another source - I was as honest with her as I needed to be. I told her I buy things on clearance when I find them. She said that was a good idea. So I didn't take her original comment as a negative (though it caught me off guard). By the way, I have used *all* my credit from that store to buy things (like controllers, DS games, used PS2 games) or preorder.

Also that comment came just after I saw the main guy that I trade to in the pizza place next door talking to the employees there about how the BB store needs to concentrate on Gamerush (and not the normal BB business) because it is making them tons of money. So I certainly don't feel bad providing them with a few dozen very high quality (at least in terms of use since they were mostly new or from my own collection and thus very well cared for) games. I'm certainly doing my part to prop up their preorder stats...

On preorders, they let me look at the latest list and I saw first hand the Fire Emblem confusion they have. In the list they have a Gamecube Fire Emblem listed as coming out in May. So that is definitely the GBA version, not the GC. They didn't have two of them. I would really like to preorder the GC Fire Emblem but I'll have to wait until they straighten it out in their computers. There wasn't much else in there left for me to get. However, even that list is not the most up to date because it didn't have Ratchet & Clank Deadlocked but she was able to find it in the computer. She found that but not Jak 4. I really wish they'd get DS Mario Kart and Animal Crossing in there. I assume these will be $39.99 games at least, so it would be worth doing the deal on them.

Another question for the GR people: how long does it take for them to follow universal price drops? The reason I ask is that I want to get Zoo Keeper DS but it is still stickered at $34.99 (though I did ask to scan it and it was really $29.99). I was hoping it would drop to $19.99 like other places (in addition to Gamestop and Best Buy as other CAGers have found I saw it today of all places at CompUSA for $19.99). When I saw it at CUSA I figured it must have been a universal drop because they usually keep things overpriced for so long.

Of course I would like to use tradeins to get it instead of spending cash out of pocket. I have a gift card with my tradeins from a non-GR blockbuster burning a hole in my pocket. :)

[quote name='io']

A question for the Gamerush people on CAG: do they get a full history of your tradeins popping up on their computer when they scan your BB card?

[/QUOTE]

Yes. All member histories and non member histories are stored for at least 90 days. Everything from the time you paid how you paid what you traded purchased whatever.

As for Zoo Keeper I believe its still in the system as $29.99 (that price change came last week) though it may go down again this weekend. Most price changes download Saturday/Sunday to be done by Thursday.

Questsion: Are member histories kept by membership number or by store? Are the trades I make at one location accessible at another?

Bad news on Echo Night!! Just checked EB online and the price s now $19.99!! Sucks for us procrastinators! :( I was just on my way out to pick up whatever copies my store had! Oh well thanks anyway guys!

[quote name='deadite76']Bad news on Echo Night!! Just checked EB online and the price s now $19.99!! Sucks for us procrastinators! :( I was just on my way out to pick up whatever copies my store had! Oh well thanks anyway guys![/QUOTE]
Ah, damn work leaving me not able to go til today. Ugh. I'm gonna try anyways just to be safe.

[quote name='deadite76']Bad news on Echo Night!! Just checked EB online and the price s now $19.99!! Sucks for us procrastinators! :( I was just on my way out to pick up whatever copies my store had! Oh well thanks anyway guys![/QUOTE]

As long as the value hasn't gone down at Gamerush I figure I'm set for a while with the 10 copies that I have on their way to me (used up about half of my remaining credit at EB)

Hmm has anyone tried getting one at a B&M store today? Sometimes EB doesn't bother changing the price tags, so if you find one labeled 9.99, you could go for it...

Just in case everyone does not read every thread, you can pick up constantine (xbox) from fry's for 14.90. It gets you 18$ at GR + the additional 5. So two copies will net you a nice profit of 18$ or so.

[quote name='lyric706']Questsion: Are member histories kept by membership number or by store? Are the trades I make at one location accessible at another?[/QUOTE]

By store under the membership number. meaning your history won't show up at another store unless someone calls to verify the account (usually at the store you got the card from) then they may check the history for anything outstanding.

Now it is possible for a hold to be placed on your account that carries over too all stores. it can be put on very easily and anyone can do it so if someone gets suspecious then they can do that.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hmm has anyone tried getting one at a B&M store today? Sometimes EB doesn't bother changing the price tags, so if you find one labeled 9.99, you could go for it...[/QUOTE]
I just went and they all had nice new 19.99 stickers over them. :cry: They didn't have any of the other games new or used mentioned in this thread either(EG: Malice). Totally shot my plan to hell. Oh Jade Empire you were so close. Of course they had three of them too. Could have been so nice.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hmm has anyone tried getting one at a B&M store today? Sometimes EB doesn't bother changing the price tags, so if you find one labeled 9.99, you could go for it...[/QUOTE]

That's funny - when I got my copy it was labeleld $24.99 but rang up $9.99. Glad I went out yesterday to do that! In fact, almost none of the cheap games were labelled properly (Malice labelled $14.99, Auto Modellista labelled $10). I guess that is good because they'll last a bit longer in the store if casual shoppers don't know the true price.

I called an EB today and had them price check Echo... $19.99 is in the system now. Argh! I needed three more! Oh well... Up to $150 in credit now and still have a huge stack of Cheap Ass Games that I'll never play. Anyone know when the next GR PSP shipment is supposed to take place?

Another question: Does anyone know what GR gives for DOA: Ultimate —$and also if you can use both discs as separate games?

[quote name='lyric706']Another question: Does anyone know what GR gives for DOA: Ultimate —$and also if you can use both discs as separate games?[/QUOTE]

The one copy I saw at GR was listed at 39.99 used (selling price) and it was both discs bundled together.

Anyone know if Powerdrome still gets $12 at Gamerush? According to another thread, Powerdrome is currently $4.96 at Circuit City, so it could be a good deal there.

I just forked out the $20 for Echo Night, then drove to Fry's, picked up Constantine for $14.90 and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for $6.80, came back, and loaded up on some games....walked away with God of War, Doom 3 RE and CE (one's for my dad, the other is another copy for someone else).

[quote name='eurenix']Do the games that are exclueded from the extra $5 deal work with the trade in 2, get one for 30 deal?[/QUOTE]
Nope... same exclusion list applies for all deals now.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Anyone know if Powerdrome still gets $12 at Gamerush? According to another thread, Powerdrome is currently $4.96 at Circuit City, so it could be a good deal there.[/QUOTE]

That price is only online. So to me it's not worth the trouble. Plus the trade in price might change before you even get the games in hand.

[quote name='JAMMR']Nope... same exclusion list applies for all deals now.[/QUOTE]

Not true - GR sells a few used games for $4.99 and offers $1.00 credit for them, but they are excluded from the extra $5 deal because then they would be buying the games for less than their selling price. Those games can still be used for the preorder deal, though.

[quote name='Zon27']That price is only online. So to me it's not worth the trouble. Plus the trade in price might change before you even get the games in hand.[/QUOTE]

Actually I just picked up a $5 Powerdrome at CC. I'll trade it tomorrow with 2 other games and see. I figure the worst that could happen is that I get $6.50 for it!

[quote name='dinovelvet']Actually I just picked up a $5 Powerdrome at CC. I'll trade it tomorrow with 2 other games and see. I figure the worst that could happen is that I get $6.50 for it![/QUOTE]

By the way, if you can still get Powerdrome, I would trade it at EBGames if you can get the 3 for a psp game deal (since it isn't pox).

[quote name='video_gamer324']Not true - GR sells a few used games for $4.99 and offers $1.00 credit for them, but they are excluded from the extra $5 deal because then they would be buying the games for less than their selling price. Those games can still be used for the preorder deal, though.[/QUOTE]

I used my 2 $1 games tonight to preorder Madden '06 for cheap.

Hey I have a question, so I bought the star wars the clone wars/tetris games at hollywood/gamecrazy to get at least $1.50 at gamerush, and did see the no resale thing. So gamerush didn't take it. Should i tell some higher authority that gamecrazy is selling these "unsellable" things or just get my money back from the store? Any thoughts

[quote name='jevon90']I used my 2 $1 games tonight to preorder Madden '06 for cheap.

Hey I have a question, so I bought the star wars the clone wars/tetris games at hollywood/gamecrazy to get at least $1.50 at gamerush, and did see the no resale thing. So gamerush didn't take it. Should i tell some higher authority that gamecrazy is selling these "unsellable" things or just get my money back from the store? Any thoughts[/QUOTE]

That was to make it so stores wouldnt sell it without the xbox bundle...but now that those bundles no longer exist, nor enforced, its up to the company to do what they want. also, if its used, it is really just out of the companys hand...how many "Not For Resale" Sonic/Sonic 2 carts have you seen?

[quote name='jevon90']I used my 2 $1 games tonight to preorder Madden '06 for cheap.

Hey I have a question, so I bought the star wars the clone wars/tetris games at hollywood/gamecrazy to get at least $1.50 at gamerush, and did see the no resale thing. So gamerush didn't take it. Should i tell some higher authority that gamecrazy is selling these "unsellable" things or just get my money back from the store? Any thoughts[/QUOTE]
If no resale is on the case, take the liner out of the case, they can enter it manually without the case. Alternatively, rip the paper insert in half, if "no resale" is on the front. They'll have the back of it for the barcode. If it's on the CD, you might be SOL.

[quote name='KowHunta']If no resale is on the case, take the liner out of the case, they can enter it manually without the case. Alternatively, rip the paper insert in half, if "no resale" is on the front. They'll have the back of it for the barcode. If it's on the CD, you might be SOL.[/QUOTE]

Actually, the Starwars/Tetris disc is not listed in the system and something that can be purchased back. Its not like a Sonic 2 NFS, that game was available at retail while SW/Tetris was not.

for echo nights, is eb still selling it for 8 dollars? and if so it gets 30 dollars trade in credit at gamerush including the extra 5 bux.. sorry i kept reading and i could not find it

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']for echo nights, is eb still selling it for 8 dollars? and if so it gets 30 dollars trade in credit at gamerush including the extra 5 bux.. sorry i kept reading and i could not find it[/QUOTE]
It's $7.99 used at EB yes. New it's $19.99 now though. The guy at my closest EB said that none of the stores in the district had any used so it seems kinda rare. $25 is the base trade in price at GR for it so yes 30 if you trade in three.

[quote name='gizmogc']Actually, the Starwars/Tetris disc is not listed in the system and something that can be purchased back. Its not like a Sonic 2 NFS, that game was available at retail while SW/Tetris was not.[/QUOTE]

I actually take these and the TopSpin/NCAA at my store. Since its technically not in the system I explain to them I can only take it under one of the titles(whichever is worth more credit) and its up to them if they want to trade it. (last time star wars was worth more I think $7 vs $5).

So if you want to do that just ask if they will take it as Star Wars alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back