Gamerush Deals Thread! (TRADE 3 get PO for $5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH (pm/post with any suggestions)

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Nw 50th and MacArthur (for now). If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks. If your good I may hook up with with a special "modification" to a current deal that you may greatly enjoy...

Please note in the next few weeks I will be changing stores to Hefner and Rockwell. They needed the help and while I like my store the pay raise was justifiable and my current sm is moving to pittsburg.

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game (LAST DAY IS MAY 16!)

Beginning March 15th till May 23rd, trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals). Also be aware some titles that sell for $4.99 may not work either (Haven, Project Eden, etc.) So don't get upset when they don't.

You may be limited to 10 per day though YMMV.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 1 get 1 50% til close of business May 16

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64. If any employee disagrees they can call my store at 1-700-22-40049 (not many people know about it but it calls the store in the company by the last 5 digits store code).

Buy 1 Preowned game get another 1 for 50% off. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy two new PS1 games, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
04/12/05 (Credit goes to AzianAsspicker)

Doom3- 35
DBZ Sagas- 35
Dynasty Warriors-35
God of War- 35
Jade Empire-35
BIA: Road to Hill 30- 35
DMC3-30
Fight Night Round2- 30
Gran Turismo 4- 30
NBA Street v3- 30
NFS Underground Rivals- 30
Star Fox: Assault- 30
Star Wars Republic Commando- 30
Tekken 5- 30
Timesplitters Future Perfect- 30
Splinter Cell: C.T.- 30
Tony Hawk Underground 2 RE- 30
Cold Fear- 25
WWE Wrestlemania 21: Become a Legend- 25
Dynasty Warriors- 23
Close Combat: Frist to Fight- 20
DK Junglebeat- 20
Lego Star Wars- 20
Metal Gear Acid- 20
MX vs. ATV Unleased- 20
NBA- 20
Ridge Racer- 20
Stolen- 20
Ghost Recon 2- 20
Twisted Metal: Head-on- 20
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade- 20
World Soccer tour 2005- 18
Wario Ware: Touched!- 18
MVP Baseball 2005- 15
Pokemon Dash- 12.50
Wario Ware: Twisted- 12
Yoshi Touch & Go- 12
Major League Baseball 2K5- 10
Full Spectrum Warrior- 8
Narc- 8

Accessories:
Ps2- Memory card Sony-15
Ps2- Network Adapter- 15
Ps2- USB Headset *any brand*- 12
Ps2- Dual Shock Controller- 4
XB- S Controller- 16
XB- Microsoft DVD Remote w/ sensor- 15
XB- Memory Card- 4
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 16mb-10
GC- Component Cable- 8
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 4mb- 3

Hardware
PS2 $95
PS2 Slim $95
Xbox $95
DS $85
GBA SP $45
GC $25
PSP $175

Credit goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

I talked to a GR manager the other day about preorder bonuses considering they never get them in when I asked for them. He said when he went to one of those regional store meetings, he brought it up in the meeting and the person in charge said that they can't supply every store with preorder bonuses so some stores get left out.

[quote name='KowHunta']It says nothing other than no more than 2 per day of the same title in the trade agreement, got my copy in front of me now.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamerush.com/terms.php
PRODUCT TRADING

A Trading Authorization must be completed by the primary account holder on the BLOCKBUSTER® membership prior to trading. Each authorized trader must be a BLOCKBUSTER member or an authorized renter on the membership account under section 3, below. The primary account holder who is signing the Trading Authorization must also be the parent or legal guardian of all authorized renters on the account that are minors. By signing the Trading Authorization, the primary account holder is giving permission to authorized renters, including minors, to trade DVDs, game software, game hardware, game accessories, and other consumer goods designated from time to time by BLOCKBUSTER ("goods") on his/her BLOCKBUSTER membership account. All authorized renters on an account that is authorized to trade will also become authorized traders. The primary account holder is solely responsible and liable for all goods traded on his/her account whether the trade was conducted by the primary account holder or an authorized renter. DVD and game software titles, game hardware platforms, and other products eligible for trade will be determined by BLOCKBUSTER in its sole discretion and may vary from store to store. BLOCKBUSTER may elect not to accept a particular title (including game software titles for a particular game platform) or an individual copy of a particular title, a brand of game hardware unit or any individual unit, or other product for any reason, including, without limitation, suitability of title for resale by BLOCKBUSTER, inventory needs, or the condition of any individual product or packaging. Only commercially released DVDs with Region 1 or Universal Region coding and commercially released game software for designated game platforms are eligible for trade. No A-rated games, X or NC-17-rated DVDs, unrated DVDs or games not otherwise carried for resale by BLOCKBUSTER, or screeners, promotional or demonstration copies accepted. The trading buy back price shall be at the sole discretion of BLOCKBUSTER. Prices are subject to change at any time and from time to time. All trades are FINAL and cannot be reversed. BLOCKBUSTER will not return specific goods traded. BLOCKBUSTER may limit number of copies of a title and overall number of goods accepted in a trade transaction or from a member or authorized renter without advance notice, in its sole discretion. Store credit will be given for all trades. No cash will be given. The customer conducting the trade may elect to apply the store credit to the primary account holder's BLOCKBUSTER account ("account credit") or, if the store credit amount is $5.00 or more, to a BLOCKBUSTER Stored Value Card. Account credit is not transferable and is only available on the primary account holder's BLOCKBUSTER account at the store where the trade was conducted. Account credit will be applied to any outstanding balance on the primary account holder's BLOCKBUSTER account, and is available for use by the primary account holder and all authorized renters. BLOCKBUSTER Stored Value Card can be used at any participating BLOCKBUSTER store location towards the purchase or rental of any eligible merchandise or payment of any outstanding balance on a BLOCKBUSTER account up to the remaining value of the Stored Value Card. BLOCKBUSTER Stored Value Cards are not redeemable for cash, and will not be replaced if lost, destroyed or stolen. Use of a BLOCKBUSTER Stored Value Card constitutes acceptance of its terms and conditions including expiration, where applicable (see back of Stored Value Card for specific terms and conditions of use). Trading is only available at participating BLOCKBUSTER stores. Game hardware and accessories trading is only available in select GAME RUSH® locations. See Trading Authorization for additional details.

Looks like someone needs to work on thier reading comprehension.

[quote name='JSweeney']Without the full text of the trade agreement to look at, one would have to assume that you are arguing out of ignorance.[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks for the flippant asshole constructive comment - but anyway, after you posted the trade agreement I stand by exactly what I said.

The trade agreement YOU posted DOESN'T say you must take a loss on a game, or that if you buy them new for pennies on the dollar you cannot trade them in, which is what the original poster said the manager told him - and which is what I said was a bizarre statement. So, sure, I didn't have the trade agreement in front of me but I argued using common sense which was apparently correct.

Yes, at their sole discretion they can turn down trades (which I also said in another post) but the reason given is pure horsecrap (yes, I understand that sole discretion can mean ANY reason - but the reason given using the common sense standard is crap!). If they have too many of a certain game, fine, refuse it (which I also said). The GR manager could ban him from trading for wearing funny hats "at his sole discretion" but that doesn't make it sensible. So maybe you ought to read through all the posts and use common sense instead of acting like an immature asshole yourself.

on Edit - ANYWAY, I'm going out to lunch and then Gamecrazy (see if they have anything left from the classic game sale) and then to GR to see if they finally got Lumines in for me and if they have the Logitech PSP case. Need to cool off and do something fun before I come back and read any more posts... :D

Well, thanks for the flippant asshole constructive comment - but anyway, after you posted the trade agreement I stand by exactly what I said.

Apparently, you aren't aware of the logical fallacy of Arguing from Ignorance (Ad Ignorantium) -- Assuming that a claim is true because there is no evidence or proof that it is false or because of the inability or refusal of an opponent to present convincing evidence against it.

Because of the lack of any real evidence, you were brashly concluding that your argument was true. It most certianly seems to meet the criteria to be considered
"Arguing from Ignorance".

The trade agreement YOU posted DOESN'T say you must take a loss on a game, or that if you buy them new for pennies on the dollar you cannot trade them in, which is what the original poster said the manager told him - and which is what I said was a bizarre statement. So, sure, I didn't have the trade agreement in front of me but I argued using common sense which was apparently correct.

Can you prove that that is what the clerk told this poster?
With all due respect, after removing the bias, personal attacks at the clerk,
and the woe is me sob story, the poster doesn't come off as a very credible source. I'd be much more convinced if thier was a neutral third party, or even a friend of the poster that was quite as full of ire and bile.

Yes, at their sole discretion they can turn down trades (which I also said in another post) but the reason given is pure horsecrap (yes, I understand that sole discretion can mean ANY reason - but the reason given using the common sense standard is crap!).

I still contest that the poster was actually told that, but even if he was, the policy is the policy, and they have every right to do so. They aren't there to facilitate the customer's attainment of trade in credit. If they see a pattern of someone trading in multiple copies of one title (especially one title they aren't having any luck moving units of) they are well within thier rights to deny the trade.

Considering that poster has mentioned trading in multiple units of the same sku multiple times, the clerk is obviously going to be more wary of his trades, and less likely to be as accomidating as he would be to the average customer.

If they have too many of a certain game, fine, refuse it (which I also said). The GR manager could ban him from trading for wearing funny hats "at his sole discretion" but that doesn't make it sensible.

Things don't need to be sensible to be valid. The poster can huff and puff all he wants.. the store is still within it's rights to do what it did. However, must restate that I contest the veracity of the poster's original claim and the direction you've taken it.

So maybe you ought to read through all the posts and use common sense instead of acting like an immature asshole yourself.

Don't try to pin your ignorance on me. Arguing form ignorance is a long standing and well acknowledged logical fallacy. That you took it as a personal attack is not my fault.
The fact that you need to resort to vulgarity and namecalling does seem rather hypocritical and immature, however.

Does anyone know if Echo Night Beyond still gets $25 trade in credit? I just bought 1 at a local Pawn Shop for $5=)

AND NOW FOR THE DEAL YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

BEGINNING MAY 17 the Trade 3 get extra $5 per game ends.

REPLACING IT WILL BE .... TRADE 3 GET ANY PREOWNED FOR $5.

Both are supposed to last till September 5th as well as the Trade 2 get 1 for $29.99 deal.

Also beginning May 17th the Buy 2 get 1 free will be back.

I will update later I just got off work and am headed to game crazy.

[quote name='CoryCubed']AND NOW FOR THE DEAL YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

Both are supposed to last till September 5th as well as the Trade 2 get 1 for $29.99 deal.

I will update later I just got off work and am headed to game crazy.[/QUOTE]

Excellent news. I've been putting off buying Resident Evil 4 and Doom 3. Now I know why!

Now, I wonder if any amended rules go with this.
We know that Sports games except the current year are out.
We know that wrestling games are out.
Are there any others that we know are going to be removed from the useful pool of games immediately?

If we're lucky, there may be another 50% clearence prices at Kmart before then.

Nice!! Trade in 3 and get a preowned game for $5 is better than the trade in 3 and get a preowned game for $10 last winter!!

[quote name='shinzwei']Nice!! Trade in 3 and get a preowned game for $5 is better than the trade in 3 and get a preowned game for $10 last winter!![/QUOTE]

No it isn't.

The deal itself is good, but you don't have the benefit of being able to trade PS1 games towards that... or old PS2 sports games... or wrestling games.

It's still a great sale, but it pales in comparision to what it once was.

You really can't go to EB, buy 5 dollars of old PS1 games and then walk out of Gamerush with a used copy of a new release, or buy 10 dollars worth of old sports games and walk out with a used copy of a new release.

It's completely understandable why they did it... the deal was stupid good when you could do that.

Hmmm the trade 3 get a game for 5 deal is certainly interesting.

Today I went to the Farmington Hills gamerush and they said they don't allow double-dipping anymore :whistle2:( but it was some dumb blockbuster lady who did the trade not a gamerush employee. Anyway here are my trades (5 already added)

Harvest Moon Friends Of Mineral Town (GBA) - 17
The Legend Of Zelda: The Minish C(r)ap - 17
Hot Shots Golf 3 - 10

Got a Logitech case for the psp (which they had about 10 of) and still have 22 dollars to buy hot shots open tee (psp) with next tuesday.

[quote name='CoryCubed']
REPLACING IT WILL BE .... TRADE 3 GET ANY PREOWNED FOR $5.[/QUOTE]
Will you still get standard credit per game towards your account, like you do with trade 2 get any new for $30?

Well depending how you use the deal, you make it good or bad.

I specifically watch for Buy 2 get 1 free used games from GameStop.

With the B2G1 free deal, I would theoretically be able to buy a $44.99 used game for $16.21. (In my scenario, I use two $4.99 games and then you get another free.)

Even buying the used games at $5.99 each, get one free, the used $44.99 game would end up costing $18.39.

My calculations might be off, but who cares. (The prices are including CA sales tax).

Let me compare that to the old Trade 3 get $5 extra deal...

Buy two $4.99 games, get one free. Trade them into GameRush, get $15 + store credit of let's say $1 per game. That is $18 in store credit. Not equal the value of a $44.99 used game.

I know the B2G1 free deal at GameStop isn't very often, but it's nice and that's when I try to buy my games, or whatever.

What was the point of this post? Sheesh.

umm, I haven't been following the thread, and I have to leave in a couple minutes, so I'm in a hurry, but umm for the trade 3 extra $5 deal do I have to have the box if I want to trade a GBA game in? and do I have to have manuals?

[quote name='mr_pollock']Well depending how you use the deal, you make it good or bad.

I specifically watch for Buy 2 get 1 free used games from GameStop.

With the B2G1 free deal, I would theoretically be able to buy a $44.99 used game for $16.21. (In my scenario, I use two $4.99 games and then you get another free.)

Even buying the used games at $5.99 each, get one free, the used $44.99 game would end up costing $18.39.

My calculations might be off, but who cares. (The prices are including CA sales tax).

Let me compare that to the old Trade 3 get $5 extra deal...

Buy two $4.99 games, get one free. Trade them into GameRush, get $15 + store credit of let's say $1 per game. That is $18 in store credit. Not equal the value of a $44.99 used game.

I know the B2G1 free deal at GameStop isn't very often, but it's nice and that's when I try to buy my games, or whatever.

What was the point of this post? Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Of course. I don't think anyone would say that this is a bad deal...
it's just not quite as good as it was before they added the exclusions list.

[quote name='jevon90']well, i'm not allowed to trade according to one gamerush now. I went in to trade and the guy was looking at my account apparently and saw I traded in lots of copies of echo night and XIII; I tried to explain I bought alot on ebay, but he kept mentioning that violates the trade agreement. the guy was a dick about it. I mean I never flipped any games at GR to another. Just picked up games at EB.The guy had been a prick about stuff before and I should've tried to trade with somebody else, oh well. anyways i quickly went to another gamerush to trade off alot of remaining stuff and it still worked(so sucks to them).
probably sour grapes here so take from it what you will and feel free to critique/add, but seems like trading in lower priced games anywhere should be favored ideally as a part of capitolism, and if a store(BBV/GR) is going to charge high prices, and buy back for high prices they should expect these consequences) I guess since i'm trading at their store they're free to do whatever they want though.
I have a question; can I expect to not be a able to trade at any blockbuster/gamerush in the near future, or just at that one store? alright, good luck to all you other guys trading at GR, just try not to be obvious i guess.
On the positive, i picked up about 10 SNES games for $10 including super metroid and Tetris and Dr. Mario, so I stand to make >$40 off those 2 alone. who's looking forward to the gamecrazy sale tomorrow/fri.?[/QUOTE] I had this happen to me.. I was trading at a lot of GR stores on the same day, 2 stores were really close to each other, one store was thinking I was Flipping, and called the other store, when I got to the 2 store the manager told me I could not trade, and that I was put on the National Datebase. Every store I went to had a note pop-up on my account, I could still trade but it was up to the store if they wanted to let me. I was told if I flipped any games I was going to get canceld. I was told that notes only stay on your account 72 days, and it must be true, because its been about 4 months and now there is no note on my account.

In January of this year, when the TRADE 3 GET ANY PREOWNED FOR $10 ended, the new deal on the Calendar was going to be the current deal Trade 3 get extra $5 per game, I think it was going to start around Jan-11-2005, I saw it myself in the calendar a GR employ showed me, but when that day come it did not start. CoryCubed, have you seen this happen a lot, something on the GR Calendar change at the last minute?

thanks for the info cory. my GR CSRs are really awesome. i wouldnt be surprised if they let me stack the deals. i want to trade in ridge racer, jade empire, doom 3, and psychonauts. i need to do the math to find out if i get more money from getting an extra $5 on each or doing the trade 3 get any used game for $5 if my GR lets me stack the deals.

[quote name='tfmguy']In January of this year, when the TRADE 3 GET ANY PREOWNED FOR $10 ended, the new deal on the Calendar was going to be the current deal Trade 3 get extra $5 per game, I think it was going to start around Jan-11-2005, I saw it myself in the calendar a GR employ showed me, but when that day come it did not start. CoryCubed, have you seen this happen a lot, something on the GR Calendar change at the last minute?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It may happen again to. Its where a got the info from as it isn't in the new map. I'll know for sure 2 weeks from today when we get the new map in as if its active it will all be in there and their will be barcodes for it.

Update on the Trade 3 get a preowned game for $5.

We received our MAP today along with a calandar that shows the current promos.
Init is a calander that shows the promos. That means it may change as they had it in there awhile back but it went away.

It shows the Trade 3 get one for 5 beginning from 5/17 - 9/5. That and Buy 2 get 1 free replace the Trade 3 get an extra $5 per game and the buy 1 get 1 half off.

I think it mentioned it in the MAP as well but I don't remember and I will check Friday evening.

I'm sure all the usual restrictions will apply and they may have some other exclusions. My DL is on vaction till next week so I probably won't be able to get much confirmation or new info till then.

Either way on May 13th I will know for sure as that is when the MAP comes out that will contain the barcodes to scan for the new promos and how exactly they will work.

Also on a side note traditional Blockbuster stores will begin to receive PSP rental (no sale) very soon.

All Blockbusters and Game Rushes will also be taking PSP Movie Trades beginning this Tuesday. (which means preowned psp movies...yay!)

[quote name='spin03']also.

do you get your trade in credit when you do the trade 3 get and used game for $5 or not?[/QUOTE]

Last time you did so I don't see why that wouldn't change.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']umm, I haven't been following the thread, and I have to leave in a couple minutes, so I'm in a hurry, but umm for the trade 3 extra $5 deal do I have to have the box if I want to trade a GBA game in? and do I have to have manuals?[/QUOTE]

If its a Game Rush store it doesn't matter. Traditional stores are much more picky (i think its due to the lesser gamer volume).

[quote name='JSweeney']
Don't try to pin your ignorance on me. Arguing form ignorance is a long standing and well acknowledged logical fallacy. That you took it as a personal attack is not my fault.
The fact that you need to resort to vulgarity and namecalling does seem rather hypocritical and immature, however.[/QUOTE]

One thing - I'm taking the original poster's info at face value - your arguments all hinge on whether he is telling the truth or not - of course I (and all of us) are ignorant as to what actually happened. This is one reason why I said the manager's statement to him was "bizarre". That works both ways - it is either bizarre if true, or bizarre because it doesn't make sense and the original poster is misrepresenting (or there was simply a misunderstanding in their interaction).

I took your "ignorance" comment as referring to the trade policy, which I was pretty sure said nothing about how much you spent on the game in the first place (and that was obviously correct). If you meant that we didn't really know what happened, then, well, that is obvious. No, of course I can't prove that the manager said anything in particular to the guy - but that kind of goes without saying, doesn't it? I mean, we have to take at face value what other CAG's say on here as being representative of the actual experience.

I'm was also taking into account your snippy comment to another poster about his lack of reading comprehension into account when I wrote my post (and added the namecalling - it just seemed your series of posts brought the board down a bit and this thread has always been clean of that sort of thing unlike many others on CAG) - but I suppose he can defend himself so no more about that.

In any case, I apologize unconditionally for the namecalling ad also for my reaction in general IF you had indeed been referring to our not really knowing what happened at the store that day (which again, though, is a rather obvious statement). HOWEVER, you maybe would want to clarify that a bit more in the future. Yes, calling someone ignorant (or even "arguing from ignorance") can be taken the wrong way when posted in a one line reponse to a message that they posted trying to help someone else out.

In any case, we can now drop this I think and move on to Gamerush... I've been on the Internet since WAY before the WWW and I've never gotten in a flame war before and ain't gonna start now...

On a happier note, I was able to get the Logitech PSP case at the OR GR - they had about 6 moer there if anyone wants to pick one up. No Lumines in yet though (they've had 4 more on order now for a few weeks).

It's great to hear officially that the Trade 2 get 1 for $29.99 will go for so long! I assume this is as it is now - both new and preorders? That could extend our cheap new game purchases well into 2006 if they add new preorders for then by August.

I'll be a little disappointed to see the extra $5 go away though. Now I'll have to track down a used game to get every time before doing trades - more work :)! I figure it will also be YMMV if they let you combine these deals. It seems, though, that they would probably be more restrictive on this one since both are trade X for Y type deals... How has that worked in the past?

io- what is the other game that gets a lot of trade in credit at GR that you can buy at frys for 9.90? i know one is constantine (does it get 18 before the extra 5 for ps2 and xbox?) and there was one more. i think it was a digimon game. if you could let me know the full name, that would be great.

[quote name='spin03']io- what is the other game that gets a lot of trade in credit at GR that you can buy at frys for 9.90? i know one is constantine (does it get 18 before the extra 5 for ps2 and xbox?) and there was one more. i think it was a digimon game. if you could let me know the full name, that would be great.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing - helping each other out with GR deals, restrictions, trade-in prices, etc, is what this thread is about :)

I haven't done any trading this week, so don't know if anything dropped - but as of last week, Constantine got $18 before bonus for both Xbox and PS2. Digimon Rumble Arena 2 got $14 before bonus for Xbox, but only $11 before bonus for PS2. It is also $9.90 at Fry's, so with bonus its a pretty good one as well. Room Zoom for Xbox was $4.90 at Fry's and gets only $3 before bonus - but if you need it for filler that isn't too bad (assuming you can get the bonus). I haven't been to Fry's in over a week so I don't know what's there now - there may very well be something different at $9.90 or $4.90. I've hit my limit on Constantine for sure, so I'll stay away from that, whether or not the stories here are accurate. I also simply don't want to do any harm to my GR by bringing in too many of the same thing even if they'll let me. If I felt like it there's an endless amount of regular BB's to bring them to around here but it is a little more trouble to do that.

[quote name='tfmguy']I had this happen to me.. I was trading at a lot of GR stores on the same day, 2 stores were really close to each other, one store was thinking I was Flipping, and called the other store, when I got to the 2 store the manager told me I could not trade, and that I was put on the National Datebase. Every store I went to had a note pop-up on my account, I could still trade but it was up to the store if they wanted to let me. I was told if I flipped any games I was going to get canceld. I was told that notes only stay on your account 72 days, and it must be true, because its been about 4 months and now there is no note on my account.[/QUOTE]

LOL, National Database. All you need to do is walk into a store and open a NEW account.

[quote name='rafissaying']i am so excited for this deal...i can't wait until it start. hopefully there will still be good games at my store[/QUOTE]

Hey hey hey don't be jacking all the good games now :)

That's obscenely beautiful. Too bad when I go home for the summer, there are only non-GR-equiped Blockbuster's around. Oh, well, I'll definately be able to take advantage of it when the new semester starts up!

[quote name='dafunkk12']That's obscenely beautiful. Too bad when I go home for the summer, there are only non-GR-equiped Blockbuster's around. Oh, well, I'll definately be able to take advantage of it when the new semester starts up![/QUOTE]

I'm in the opposite situation -- it's an hour drive while at school to the nearest stores that have a gamerush, whereas I've got a dozen or more stores within reasonable distance back home.

god, I'm gonna clear out my store room and trade in a shitload of new games right before this deal starts, then send friends in to get them all back...nah..i'm not that evil..damn my conscience!

Well I went in to pick up my Area 51, and I got the Midway Arcade Treasures 2, no problem, I didn't even have to ask for it. Hope everyone else manages to get theirs too, it'd be lame if some people got it and some didn't just out of randomness...

[quote name='CoryCubed']
All Blockbusters and Game Rushes will also be taking PSP Movie Trades beginning this Tuesday. (which means preowned psp movies...yay!)[/QUOTE]

OK, I have a strange question - and maybe it is a dumb question to boot... Would the used PSP movies be sold using the trade 3 get a used game for $5 deal? The only reason I ask is because they sell the PSP movies right with the PSP games (at my GR anyway), and since the PSP is primarily a game machine... any chance of that? If so, will it be up to the store, or is it set in the computer one way or the other?

Since I have the Logitech case finally, I might be tempted to take the PSP on my next business trip. If so, I'd definitely like to pick up a movie or two. I'll probably just get one new at first, but I don't want to shell out too much on something I might only ever have the chance to watch once every few months at the most. But if they start coming in used, and I can use the deal on them, I'll get more.

[quote name='gizmogc']LOL, National Database. All you need to do is walk into a store and open a NEW account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does sound like a Dept. of Homeland Security thing. Hopefully he will still be able to board aircraft :)

Wow, nice new deals coming out....I'm sure someone can max out the trade 3 deal and get some bargains. My store seemed to have a lot of $44.99 titles left.

Anyways, some price updates: traded yesterday:
Rocky Legends (XBOX) - $14
Hitman Contracts (XBOX) - $7
Powerdrome (PS2) - $7
Portal Runner (PS2) - $1

Pre-Ordered two games....this is WITHOUT $5...my store does NOT double dip deals.

[quote name='io']OK, I have a strange question - and maybe it is a dumb question to boot... Would the used PSP movies be sold using the trade 3 get a used game for $5 deal? The only reason I ask is because they sell the PSP movies right with the PSP games (at my GR anyway), and since the PSP is primarily a game machine... any chance of that? If so, will it be up to the store, or is it set in the computer one way or the other?

Since I have the Logitech case finally, I might be tempted to take the PSP on my next business trip. If so, I'd definitely like to pick up a movie or two. I'll probably just get one new at first, but I don't want to shell out too much on something I might only ever have the chance to watch once every few months at the most. But if they start coming in used, and I can use the deal on them, I'll get more.[/QUOTE]

No way to really tell without trying it. Blockbuster has the movies in the system under their own format (umd) much like DVD is in there or PSP. Most likely it will count as a game though. Another thing is that when I run inventory reports the umd movies come up under Ps2 so it may.

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, nice new deals coming out....I'm sure someone can max out the trade 3 deal and get some bargains. My store seemed to have a lot of $44.99 titles left.

Anyways, some price updates: traded yesterday:
Rocky Legends (XBOX) - $14
Hitman Contracts (XBOX) - $7
Powerdrome (PS2) - $7
Portal Runner (PS2) - $1

Pre-Ordered two games....this is WITHOUT $5...my store does NOT double dip deals.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how the Rocky Legends for PS2 stands up... those can be had for 10 at Kmart if they have another 50% off sale.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']does the trade 2 get a new game for 29.99 deal work if the original price is 39.99? becuase I wanna preorder hot shots golf.[/QUOTE]

any help here?

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']any help here?[/QUOTE]

It'll still work on $39.99 games, but as long as the Trade 3, get an extra $5 each promo is running, it's not really worth it (assuming that you can't double dip at your store).

If you trade in 3 games, the extra $10 you get from 2 of them is enough to make a $39.99 game only cost you about $29.99. Plus you also get the extra $5 credit for a third game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back