Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

Does GameRush sell used GBA games? I've never been in one before...if they do, though, it might be worth it to go to GameStop, get me some cheap Iridion, and get myself some better games for cheap. :)

yes, yes they do. im thinkin of going for a Mario and luigi later today. BTW, the limit is 2 per day (9.99) games.

Sorry. and actually, there a THREE deals running at the same time:

Buy 1 PO, get 1 %50 off.
Trade in any game, buy a new game for $10 less.
Trade in 2, buy 1 PO for 9.99.

they're my friends now.

BTW, NO exclusions as far as game goes (it just has to be ps1,ps2,GC,Xbox,GBA)

and if any of you want to have, check what you can get some of them traded in for $ wise. If you beat games quickly, its like being paid to rent :twisted:

bump/question:

What games should i pick up? Ive got GC, Xbox, and access to a ps2. I know i dont have a listing of my games, but i dont have much new (and popular). MGS:TS and Wario Ware are 2 possibilities, but im wondering if there are any other "Must have"gaves them im not must having at the moment

so... you're telling me I could go to my local ebgames and buy two $1-3 PSone games, trade those in at GameRush, and get ANY new next gen game for $9.99????

[quote name='nathan_the_rock']so... you're telling me I could go to my local ebgames and buy two $1-3 PSone games, trade those in at GameRush, and get ANY new next gen game for $9.99????[/quote]

Gotta rub it in don't ya? :)

DAMMIT! I just called EVERY fuckING BLOCKBUSTER GAME RUSH STORE IN MY AREA AND NO ONE IS DOING IT! THey seemed like they knew what I was talking about but were VERY quick to say NO.

shit, I was so excited too. Now I am SO pissed.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

[quote name='nathan_the_rock']so... you're telling me I could go to my local ebgames and buy two $1-3 PSone games, trade those in at GameRush, and get ANY new next gen game for $9.99????[/quote]

No, not a NEW next gen game for $9.99 any USED next gen game for $9.99... Or you could save $10 bux off a NEW game if you trade in 1...

Yes. Cool huh? :) and whatever those games are worth goes towards that 9.99.

if your BB has a gamerush, they are doing this. I have not encountered a Blockbuster without a gamerush that does ANY trade-ins.

Yes, if not out with the "lighted at night" signs, then as a big banner in some window. also, all the ones ive seen have entire windows covered with gamerush "backing" cause thats where thier counter space is, right next to the old counters.

lol... by "new" I meant "recent" I realize that the games are used.
this is certainly one of the best deals I have seen in a while, now just to see if my GameRush has any games that I want.

PS. I have a $20 Blockbuster gift card... since GameRush is in blockbuster can a blockbuster gift card be used there??? Thanks, if so I can get 2 games... i'll just stop and pick up the cheapest PSone game I can find.

I've definately got about 15 games out of this deal by buying old PS1 and PS2 sports games and trading them in. It costs me an average of about $6-$10 out of pocket for each game.

[quote name='nathan_the_rock']PS. I have a $20 Blockbuster gift card... since GameRush is in blockbuster can a blockbuster gift card be used there??? Thanks, if so I can get 2 games... i'll just stop and pick up the cheapest PSone game I can find.[/quote]

The gift card should work with gamerush, as my gamerush card is a "Blockbuster Stored Value Card"...

Btw, limitations on this sale is 2 per day and 20 per month (?)

Where were you limited to 2 per day? I've done the deal in Brighton, Wixom, Novi, and Farmington and was never limited as to how many games I could get.

Hey who remembers a place in Blockbuster like 10 years ago called Zappers im not sure if it was only in my area but if any of u heard of this tell me thx

I have a game rush about 2-3 hundred feet away from a EB around me. I'm definately planning to see what gamerush has in stock either tonight or tomorrow morning. :)

[quote name='drfrielgood']Where were you limited to 2 per day? I've done the deal in Brighton, Wixom, Novi, and Farmington and was never limited as to how many games I could get.[/quote]

im just saying what the handout says, so if you get a BIG FREAKIN MORON WHO CANT READ, like a certain woman at 11 and novi, you may get limited.

[quote name='Cmosfm']DAMMIT! I just called EVERY shaq-fuing BLOCKBUSTER GAME RUSH STORE IN MY AREA AND NO ONE IS DOING IT! THey seemed like they knew what I was talking about but were VERY quick to say NO.

shit, I was so excited too. Now I am SO pissed.

:evil: :evil: :evil:[/quote]

ha ha. I did the same thing. They might just not know of it but the closet Gamerush to me is still far away and I really don't need to risk going there if they aren't havnig this promotion.

Sucks too because I have tons of psone games I don't want anymore and the local pawn shops has tons more sucky commons for $1-3.

ok this is the deal of the year so far, trade in old psone sports games and get next gen games for a few dollars?!!?!?!? this is definitely a hot deal

well..just made a trip to ballbuster

the gamecube section is pathetic..no recent releases are available...soul calibur 2 was there but no original box, manual

the gamecube new section was pretty bad too..hardly anything

seemed like a ton of games for ps2 and xbox were available

the games that i was looking for:

prince of persia(40 new, no used available)
viewtiful joe(no new, no used)
soul calibur 2(no new, used 14.99 w/o box, manual)

i didn't want to trade in a game and ge PoP for 30 because it's on the verge of dropping and some people on the board are saying that it's available for 20 bucks at target

otogi : 9.99 :)

i remember saying at the beggining of the month "honey, im not gonna buy any games this month, unless its too good of a deal to pass up"

glad i said the small print :)
Mario Kart DD
Prince Of Persia
Otogi

XIII from CC

well, 3 really good games and 1 good DM for under $30...i think thats a good deal :)

dang! I have like 20 in Michigan and 2 are close to me :) I am going to check this out tomorrow. As long as its complete and works they will take it?

[quote name='scuba']dang! I have like 20 in Michigan and 2 are close to me :) I am going to check this out tomorrow. As long as its complete and works they will take it?[/quote]

...actually, ive traded in some games disk/cartridge only. im not sure on thier policy for this, but hey, they took them no problem. And considering ive done this at 3 GR in michigan, im sure most any in MI should be doing it.

I got MGS TTS in this for Turok and Project Gotham Racing. I tried getting rid of my Rainbow Six 3 Companion Disk but they wouldn't accept it, so maybe demo discs are excluded. Like Wshakspear said they will take disk/cartridge only also. They had a poor selection here also, but luckily I have 2 others close by. :D

[quote name='sj41']Why hasn't Gamerush expanded yet?[/quote]

With deals like this, they seem more likely to go under than expand. What are they going to do with all those old psx sports games?

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='sj41']Why hasn't Gamerush expanded yet?[/quote]

With deals like this, they seem more likely to go under than expand. What are they going to do with all those old psx sports games?[/quote]

well, the people who arnt looking to take advantage of the offer, will probably bring back a few normal games they play all the time. you also have to realize, being part of BB, they have tons of the newer games they want to get rid of (Mario Kart DD, RE0, Max Payne 2).

And Scube, i found this deal instore.

I went to EB... Got 6 PS1 games that added up to a grand total of $11.. took them over to gamerush, and got 8 dollars in trade in credit for them, and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, Simpson Hit and Run and Sonic Heroes for 30.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back