Gamerush- Got one? Flaunt it! Deals inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wshakspear

CAGiversary!
Trade in any 2 PS1,PS2,Xbox,GC,GBA games, buy any Pre-Owned game for 9.99.
Example: Trade in 2 games (Splinter Cell-xbox, My Disney Kitchen-ps1) Get $9.50 in trade in. Picked up Mario Kart DD at 39.99.

______
+0.60 tax
______
- 9.50 Trade-in
______
$ 1.09 OUT OF POCKET.

i paid 0.09 later for pop :)

If you've got some POX games that EB/Gamestop dont want, or will only get a quarter for, use it to get up to $30-$35 OFF a PO game.

Thanks go to Strider Turbulence from, well, CAG.

EDIT:
More info.
States where Gamerush is available:
Connecticut - HI! i dont exist!
Georgia
Massachusetts
Michigan
New York
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Texas
Virgina
West Virginia

If its a plain old Block Buster...no go.

I live in MI, and the 4 GR's ive gone to have had this sale going on with 2 other sales, Buy one, Get 1 %50 off and Trade in any game, get $10 off a 39.99 or more NEW game.

Not all GR's are in on this. Of those that do, the rules vary by compentence.

[quote name='ksuwild25']pfresh85 - where do you live? I may be interested in buying the Halo edition xbox. Did you have any problems with it?[/quote]

I'm in Richardson, attending UTD. So I'm not far from Plano. I never had any problems with my Halo edition Xbox. I just never really had any games I liked for it, outside of Halo.

Damn, I would love to buy that off of you, but the wallet says not right now!!!
Would be better for you to sell it than trade it though.

Well that's partly the reason I'm wanting to sell my Xbox. There are things I want in the future, but at this time my wallet can't really afford it.

EDIT: It's not that bad of deal, I think (if anyone wanted to buy it). I paid $170 for the Halo edition Xbox (w/ green controller and Halo). I spent another $15 buying another controller (albeit 3rd party). I'm just wanting to sell the whole thing for $150. I mean that's the price of a normal new Xbox now, except in this case you'd get an extra controller and a copy of Halo (plus you'd have the fancy green one).

Yes, that is a GREAT deal. However, try EBAY to maximize your value.....I know you don't want to ship, but it's worth it. The buyer DOES pay shipping too. I would buy it for $150 though....if you are willing to ship.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Man I completely forgot about the $8 per dvd. where is a good b&m to find cheap dvds and are there any exclusions other than 2 per title per day[/quote]
If the dvd isn't in their computer system, don't expect to get a penny for your dvd. My friend picked up some wacky Bruce Lee double dvd flick at Barnes & Noble a while back for a buck and tried to trade it ini but Blockbuster wouldn't take it.

Took in a bunch of dvds, stuff like little nicky, osbournes season 1, 007 Die another day, junky movies got 8$ each for every movie, though they wouldnt take some obscure stuff I had, like caught on tape 3 dvd set, midsummer, boy in plastic bubble travolta version. Oh and they wouldnt take original sin the unrated version, they said regular they would take but not unrated.

Manager also told me that they(regular blockbuster) does the same trade in deals as Gamrush blockbuster only difference is they(regular blockbuster) does not carry consoles and do not preorder but they will carry same promos as gamerush.

[quote name='doubledown']Yes, that is a GREAT deal. However, try EBAY to maximize your value.....I know you don't want to ship, but it's worth it. The buyer DOES pay shipping too. I would buy it for $150 though....if you are willing to ship.[/quote]

I understand that the buyer pays shipping (I'm not new to the world of eBay or anything), but there are too many hassles involved in doing it that way. Hassle 1: dealing with eBay and getting it set up so I could actually sell it on there. Hassle 2: Having to cash whatever form of money I get from the person and the risks associated with that (i.e. a check bouncing and giving me a service charge). Hassle 3: Having to drive 15 minutes to one place to get stuff to package it in and then another 15 minutes to get to either a UPS store or the post office to mail it. Selling it locally or to Gamerush eliminates that. If I sold it locally, the only hassle might be cashing whatever thing the person gave me (a check or whatever, if they did give me one). If I sold it a Gamerush, the only real hassle is that it's credit only and I'd have to use it at Gamerush. So yea, there you go.

Ok that's fine.....I guess the extra $50 is not worth your time then. Which, I guess I can justify. The Halo XBOx is going for over $200 on EBAY. But yes, it can be a hassle to ship things.

So, any more info as to when the $5 deal ends? All my GRs say it will be around for a while. Keep in mind that they thought the trade 2 get a PO for $9.99 was on going three days after it had "officially" ended!

There are some pretty amazing deals to be had.

I will be getting Paper Mario 2 for free and Metroid Prime for $22.00

I traded in five games with the extra $5 added on to each one and thus got two preorders for $29.99

trade-ins

GC
Nascar 2003- $6.50 (Got this for $1.99 at Best Buy six months ago)
Godzilla- DAMM - $8 (Got it for $8.63 at Sam's Club a year ago)
NCAA Football 2003- $6.50 (Got it for $4.99 a year and a half ago)

GBA
Yoshi's Island- $12 (the only game I'll actually miss)
Banjo Kazooie - $11 (got it for $8.63 at Sam's Club four months ago)

I love that you can combine all these deals. Makes it so worthwhile.

I traded in 2 DVD's, an XBOX controller, and ESPN NHL 2k5, ESPN NFL 2k5, and Morrowind III for XBOX(not GOTY) and got :shock: 83.50!:shock:

I found those mailing coupons at BENNINGANs today. I was walking out after I finished lunch, and I saw a stack of them sitting there on a table with other promotional item stuff. I grabbed some and they were the "$10 extra credit on a trade-in" and a $10 off a new game 39.99 or higher. Only problem is they expired 10/3. :x

My GR is normally cool, so I'm going to see if they accept them anyways but I'm not counting on them too.

I bought nfl 2k1, ncaa 2002 and madden 2001 from gamespot used and traded them into gamerush today using a trade 3 get a preowned for $4.99---ended up picking up burnout 3 for xbox for a grand total of $0.83. Gotta love gamerush.

my friend traded in 3 gamecube games for 31.50 with the extra 5. 4 dvds for all about 8 and one or two for 10 and a third party gamecube and a regular sony ps1 controller.
they no longer take game boy colors, or at least that's what they told us when we tried to trade it in.
got fatal frame for xbox used and new street fighter anniversary and 25% off the street fighter controller.
75 in credit with 12 leftover.

It's been a while since I've posted, but I'm really excited about my deal today!! I traded in Midway Arcade, Skygunner, ssx, suikoden 3 (all ps2), rayman 3 and eternal darkness (both GC). Plus $5 each and the total came to $80.

So, I got $20 off Metroid Prime 2 AND got to use the trade 5 get a PO for $1. So, i got zelda four swords for GC.

In the end, i paid off MP2, got Zelda 4S for $1, and i have $47 left. life is good.

has anyone tried trading in dollar store dvds?
my local wal-mart neighborhood market has some 1 dollar dvds in cases, not cardborad, and i was wondering if i trade those in?

[quote name='fireball343']has anyone tried trading in dollar store dvds?
my local wal-mart neighborhood market has some 1 dollar dvds in cases, not cardborad, and i was wondering if i trade those in?[/quote]

hmm... as long as you think it's something blockbuster might carry :lol:

if you can remember the names of some of those titles, you could always call your friendly neighborhood blockbuster store as well. all the one's by me are happy to quote me a price over the phone :p

[quote name='fireball343']has anyone tried trading in dollar store dvds?
my local wal-mart neighborhood market has some 1 dollar dvds in cases, not cardborad, and i was wondering if i trade those in?[/quote]

Buy one and try it, it's only a dollar.

[quote name='chrisc133']I bought nfl 2k1, ncaa 2002 and madden 2001 from gamespot used and traded them into gamerush today using a trade 3 get a preowned for $4.99---ended up picking up burnout 3 for xbox for a grand total of $0.83. Gotta love gamerush.[/quote]
Where did you get this coupon?
it is not the same one that is in OXM

[quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='chrisc133']I bought nfl 2k1, ncaa 2002 and madden 2001 from gamespot used and traded them into gamerush today using a trade 3 get a preowned for $4.99---ended up picking up burnout 3 for xbox for a grand total of $0.83. Gotta love gamerush.[/quote]
Where did you get this coupon?
it is not the same one that is in OXM[/quote]I'm sure it's from an issue months ago or he got it from EGM or something.

The BB DVD deal is awesome, I have 200 dollars and more crappy/cheap DVD's to trade in... Too bad they overprice their DVD's or don't have much, though they have a lot of boxsets I want... like Sex and the City and Alias stuff.

Either way, back to Game Rush, I think I might just preorder MGS 3 in a few weeks, I don't know, maybe...

ok my gamerush has gone nuts, not only do they let you do the trade 2 get twenty off a pre order, they do trade in 2 and and get 20 off any new release that is 39.99 or more. so even if a game like donkey konga isnt on the list for preorders, they let me get twenty off of it.

They also combined the offer of trade in 3 or more, get an additional $5 per game.

I traded in:
mark of kri for 6.50
unreal 2 for $20.50
I ninja for $12
spawn armageddon for$13
star wars bounty hunter for $13
freedom fighters ps2 for $13
ssx3 for $13
motor trend lotus for $12
chaos legion for $13

most of those were $5 games from cc or BB or target, except for unreal, which was 10
preordered prince of persia 2 for $20 and picked up burnout 3 xbx, star wars battle front ps2, and donkey konga for thirty each. I played battlefront a little bit but dont like it much, i may have to trade it back in and get forty dollars for it, as it is one of their 'hot trade in' titles..

So far I am liking donkey konga, and i am glad to say i got it dirt cheap. I still have a couple hundred dollars left on the gamerush card, i guess it will go to a ds or some more games.

most of those were $5 games from cc or BB or target, except for unreal, which was 10
preordered prince of persia 2 for $20 and picked up burnout 3 xbx, star wars battle front ps2, and donkey konga for thirty each. I played battlefront a little bit but dont like it much, i may have to trade it back in and get forty dollars for it, as it is one of their 'hot trade in' titles..

So far I am liking donkey konga, and i am glad to say i got it dirt cheap. I still have a couple hundred dollars left on the gamerush card, i guess it will go to a ds or some more games

Yeah, I have to agree with you on Battlefront. I had the game for a week tops before I traded it in. I played singleplayer, system link and xbox live with it, none of it appealed to me. Maybe I'm spoiled by some of the online computer games I've played in the past but I thought Starwars:Battlefront left a lot to be desired.

Nice choice on Burnout 3. I picked that up a few weeks ago from Gamerush and have been loving it. I'm not even into racing games but the crashes and sense of speed have me addicted. I'd probably choose Burnout 3 as my game of the year thus far but the heavy hitters of the holiday season aren't released yet so that's more than likely subject to change.

Donkey Konga and Paper Mario 2 are the main reasons I picked up a gamecube from Gamerush. I picked up another bongo for my wife and I think I've finally found a game that we can play together. Multiplayer is a blast, and I'm thinking about picking up a couple more bongos for 4 player action. Over all a great game, just wish there were more songs to choose from. Hopefully there will be more games released in the future besides Jungle Beat that will utilize the bongos.

[quote name='dracula'] they do trade in 2 and and get 20 off any new release that is 39.99 or more.[/quote]

Is that instore w/o a coupon at all GR now? or is it just a coupon deal?

I'm getting 3 GR's within the next 2 weeks all opening up aroung me. Needless to say, I'm excited. I can't find the coupons for anything though.

[quote name='x_fiddle'][quote name='dracula'] they do trade in 2 and and get 20 off any new release that is 39.99 or more.[/quote]

Is that instore w/o a coupon at all GR now? or is it just a coupon deal?[/quote]

instore deal for pre-ordering any game 39.99 or more up to 49.99 (you can't do Halo2 LE) and getting 20 bucks off.

[quote name='fireball343'][quote name='x_fiddle'][quote name='dracula'] they do trade in 2 and and get 20 off any new release that is 39.99 or more.[/quote]

Is that instore w/o a coupon at all GR now? or is it just a coupon deal?[/quote]

instore deal for pre-ordering any game 39.99 or more up to 49.99 (you can't do Halo2 LE) and getting 20 bucks off.[/quote]

this is just speculation, but since that deal expires on monday, the twenty off any new game forty or more or any preorder forty or more seems to have taken the place of the twenty off preorder. dunno, it may just be that the cashier was wrong, it was not the head game guy, but the part time game guy who told me this, so he may have just messed up

[quote name='Gojtron']I'm getting 3 GR's within the next 2 weeks all opening up aroung me. Needless to say, I'm excited. I can't find the coupons for anything though.[/quote]
How did you find out that some were opening around your home?

[quote name='el bobo'][quote name='Gojtron']I'm getting 3 GR's within the next 2 weeks all opening up aroung me. Needless to say, I'm excited. I can't find the coupons for anything though.[/quote]
How did you find out that some were opening around your home?[/quote]

As your local Blockbuster stores...most of the time the Gamerush goes in an existing store so rarely do they build new stores for it. I asked mine awhile ago and they knew about a whole month ahead of time that they were becoming a GR location.

I called again someone thought Gamrush was owned by Toys R Us I had to hold the phone away from me since I was laughing my ass off. Anyway, they would've ripped me off they offered me $4 for MK:DD and $4 for The Hobbit for GC. What a rip, and what a shotty store...

Tried a new Gamerush today and it was a bad experience. No Gamerush employee, long lines, dumb employees. Last time I go there. Might stop by Plano or Mesquite next.

I just traded in some stuff and came out really well!
Traded in 5 items so the $5 extra is applied....

Halo $25
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (Xbox) 6.50
Silpheed (PS2) $6.50
Spawn (PS2) $13
Medal Honor: Rising Sun (PS2) (Hated this game) $13
+ $20 off preorder of Smackdown vs. Raw
And have $27 left over (Free Midway Arcade Treasures 2!)
I got about $80 total in credit... GOTTA LOVE GAMERUSH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back