GameRush Thread 12 ($5 bonus on trades? - details soon) (All used PS1 games - $2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Sales Rumors/Upcoming Deals

There will soon be an additional 300+ items added to the 50% off sale that is currently going on. A list will be made available on here when GR's finally get the email (current expected date 4/20).

Okay, I think I saw the list of new titles that are going to be added to the 50% off clearance, but I'm not 100% certain that's what the list was. Call me 95% sure at this point. The prices for these games will be active tomorrow if they are indeed 50% off.

[quote name='botticus']I wish GameRush employees worked at GameRush nowadays. I don't even want to bother messing with switching preorders and checking on games with the regular employees since I know it will take twenty minutes. So I'm still sitting pretty with my Lost Magic preorder that will never come in.[/quote]

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. In the store near me one of the asst. managers was hired on as a Gamerush employee. He is in there quite a bit and I just wait until I see him to handle preorders etc.

One question I have regarding the second tier of discounted games is if there were other games that are not on the list. I've had my eye on a copy of Suidoken Tactics for a while, but was hoping that it might be included with the clearance sale. Were any other game discovered?

[quote name='kjauburn']I guess I am one of the lucky ones. In the store near me one of the asst. managers was hired on as a Gamerush employee. He is in there quite a bit and I just wait until I see him to handle preorders etc.[/QUOTE]
I know one of the GR guys got sent to the other eastside GR, which I may visit this weekend or next week to find some more games to push over to EB. The other two who were fairly competent must have gotten shafted on hours (though I know one is working during the day when I call, but I can't go then). The remaining GR employee is "meh" (he's the one who shafted me on picking up a preorder once since "it wasn't the street date yet," though he was wandering around the floor today, not manning the register.

my local Blockbusters are all out of silent hill titles and MMAC... I've got credit burning a hole in my pocket i want to transfer to EB. Anyone else got any good titles out there to look for?

[quote name='fivecardstud']my local Blockbusters are all out of silent hill titles and MMAC... I've got credit burning a hole in my pocket i want to transfer to EB. Anyone else got any good titles out there to look for?[/QUOTE]

I don't know but we need to find more before the end of next week :D. When I'm getting more games at GR I'll see what is $9.99 and below that looks promising. You can sort of tell by going on ebgames.com and seeing what they sell them for used, although their trade-in prices don't follow along with the used values too much (eg, one of the Silent Hill's is $17 or $20 used, but gets $12, whereas something else $17 might only get $6).

[quote name='io']I don't know but we need to find more before the end of next week :D. When I'm getting more games at GR I'll see what is $9.99 and below that looks promising. You can sort of tell by going on ebgames.com and seeing what they sell them for used, although their trade-in prices don't follow along with the used values too much (eg, one of the Silent Hill's is $17 or $20 used, but gets $12, whereas something else $17 might only get $6).[/QUOTE]
The trade-in deal at EB actually ends on the 13th (end of the marketing period, I think, no the ad period), so there's some time.

Blockbuster trade question:

Just traded in Condemned(360) for $35 today. Used the credit towards NFS-MW(360). The keep-it price was $52 and apparently I was also charged $7.99 rental. So you can't keep it untill you first rent it? If that's the case I would have been better off getting a gamepass and a months worth of rentals.

Thanks

you could have just bought it. but anyways, when you rent a game, you are offered to buy the game at a cost minus rental fees. Sometimes they go off the used price, but they went off new for yours because its a 360 game.

Also, does anyone know when clearance items are going to 75% off? I haven't seen anything about it at work.

Had some really odd experiences today trading in Matrix: Path of Neo -- it came up at one store at $24 and another at $39.50!?!?

I can understand the $24 if it somehow came up as the non-existant LE version, but where in the world did the $39.50 come from? (needless to say, I was happy to take it)

Also saw Hori-brand DS extendable styluses for $6.99 at two different GR stores. Thought it was odd to actually see DS accessories for a change (then again, I have no idea how long they'd been at those stores).

[quote name='SGT Killjoy']you could have just bought it. but anyways, when you rent a game, you are offered to buy the game at a cost minus rental fees. Sometimes they go off the used price, but they went off new for yours because its a 360 game.
[/QUOTE]

....ok... So can I go around to the local blockbusters and "rent" all the silent hill titles and trade them in to EB, then go back and pay the difference from the rental price ($7.99) to the used price (~$9.99)?

Is this possible? Is it ethical :)

[quote name='fivecardstud']....ok... So can I go around to the local blockbusters and "rent" all the silent hill titles and trade them in to EB, then go back and pay the difference from the rental price ($7.99) to the used price (~$9.99)?

Is this possible? Is it ethical :)[/QUOTE]

Possible, yes, ethical, no, practical, probably not-> you arent guaranteed to get the complete version with case, manual, etc... does EB give full credit for incomplete versions?

[quote name='lorne']Blockbuster trade question:

Just traded in Condemned(360) for $35 today. Used the credit towards NFS-MW(360). The keep-it price was $52 and apparently I was also charged $7.99 rental. So you can't keep it untill you first rent it? If that's the case I would have been better off getting a gamepass and a months worth of rentals.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

$35 for Condemned? Damn. I'll have to dump my copy of it for that price!

Traded in Ps2 Path of Neo and Xbox Getting up today and still got $19 each. I know it's old news but just wanted to update. Can't wait til the DS Lite shows up at GR

Anybody think that the DS Lite will even show up at GR? I've asked a couple of them near me if and when they are going to recieve them but they tell me they have none on order. They also say that doesn't mean that they don't necessarily have any, they just don't if they will be recieving them or not. Don't forget that you have to tell them to look up NIN-NDS Polar White on the computer in order to find it.

anyone know if gamerush has that mad catz steering wheel for the 360?

i would like to off-load some credit on hardware since the game prices have been pretty crappy for way too long

USED one or new one for $9.99 ???[quote name='fivecardstud']guilty gear X2 (ps2) can be found for $9.99 at blockbuster and gets $10 in trade (before the bonus) at EBgames[/QUOTE]

[quote name='io']Thanks to ManChowder in the EB/GS flier thread I was able to pick up Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4 and trade them into EB to transfer some credit. And thanks to Botticus that credit was bumped up 10% (ask the EB clerk to scan your Edge card when making trades - it's like magic!). Silent Hill 2 is $9.99 used (MC said $6.99 but it definitely rang up $9.99) and trades for $10 at EB (plus the 2 bonuses for a total of $13.50). Silent Hill 3 is also $9.99 used at GR, and trades for $12 ($15.70 with bonus). Silent Hill 4, which is $9.99 used at GR trades for $9 ($12.40). And Mega Man Anniversary for PS2 still gets $8 ($11.30).

I was able to confirm that the used prices are not in line with the new clearance prices at GR. When they rang up my Silent Hill 3 it came up $16.99. It turns out it had been tagged incorrectly as Silent Hill 4 and thus that is the used price for SH4. So, Silent Hill 4 is $9.99 new and $16.99 used. OK...

Some good news: StarFox DS is in the preorder system! (However, Mario 3-on-3 bball, Mario vs DK, and Super Paper Mario for GC are NOT). Other than those 4 I blanked out and couldn't think of any other DS titles that came out of E3 when I was in the store. Someone else can check the rest!

Even more news: They finally know about a deal! It is "Trade 3 get an extra $5" some time in June. I think this is what we heard previously. Now, the big question is whether it is $5 total or $5/game. They didn't know for sure but they think it is $5/game. However, we heard before that it was only $5 total. Makes a huge difference as $5/game is better than the EB/GS deal, and $5 total for 3 games is not - especially given that, except for the occasional fluke, their trade-in prices are not on average much better than EB/GS any more.

Oh, and Matrix Path of Neo still fetches $19 as of Weds night.[/QUOTE] IO, not sure if mega man anniversary xbox version fetches $8 @ eb/GS???

[quote name='chior']IO, not sure if mega man anniversary xbox version fetches $8 @ eb/GS???[/QUOTE]

I have no idea. Fortunately, my GR has 4 MORE copies of the PS2 version (even after I bought 2 recently). Damn them for not having the 75% off sale!!! That would have made the EB transfer even more profitable. They also still have multiple Silent Hill 4, so I can keep shuffling that credit for a bit. Since EB (or one store anyway) actually has a fucking preorder deal (not as good as the old GR one, but better than nothing - it is simply 10% more on your trade-ins) I have dropped a few preorders there that I actually intend to pick up. Screw GR with their half-assed preorder list and half-assed preorder deliveries!

By the way, Final Fantasy III for DS is now available for preorder at GR. I checked just a a few days ago and it wasn't there. Yes, I preordered it :D. Now watch that not come in, but Children of Mana, which I preordered at EB, they'll get 10 copies of. My GR never got FF IV for GBA.

A few preorder tips: Okami is listed at $39.99 at EB, but I think still at $49.99 at GR. I intend to cancel this or move it to Super Paper Mario (once they add that in) and then just preorder at EB. Ditto with Rogue Galaxy. They also have Lego Star Wars OT listed at $49.99, so I preordered that at EB as well (where it is $39.99). That is really the only game coming out the rest of the year that I MUST have day of release - so I'm not taking my chances with GR getting a GC copy in (plus they will screw us out of the $10 difference).

[quote name='chior']USED one or new one for $9.99 ???[/QUOTE]

sorry.. used price for Guilty Gear X2 is $9.99

if anyone else is looking to swap GR credit to EB, here are a couple more games that trade in well at EB... i just haven't been able to find them at blockbusters.

Kingdom Hearts 1 (ps2) - $9
Xenosaga 2 (ps2) - $9
Star Wars Battlefront (ps2) - $9

Again, these are EB prices before the bonus. If you guys find blockbuster prices, I'm interested. Thanks

I'm new to GR trade ins, I'll be hitting one up for the first time today to trade in Mark Ecko.

What are some good prices there? Do they have Burnout 360 for $40? What is not too over priced there?

So, i remember someone saying something about the DS's being in the system under pearl something. Does that mean we are able to pre-order now?

Hey ship, do you know approximately when you last updated the trade-ins in the OP? I have everything there put into the CAGwiki, just want to see where I should start reviewing posts for updates.

[quote name='botticus']Hey ship, do you know approximately when you last updated the trade-ins in the OP? I have everything there put into the CAGwiki, just want to see where I should start reviewing posts for updates.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just saw that you created that. Thanks. Unfortunately, I do think the trade-in prices have been updated much since the beginning of this thread. The Wiki will be a much better way of keeping track of trade-in prices in the future as the responsibility of keeping it up to date won't fall solely on me. :)

[quote name='shipwreck']Yeah, I just saw that you created that. Thanks. Unfortunately, I do think the trade-in prices have been updated much since the beginning of this thread. The Wiki will be a much better way of keeping track of trade-in prices in the future as the responsibility of keeping it up to date won't fall solely on me. :)[/QUOTE]
:lol: Then I guess I have my work cut out for me. I think the latest date I saw was 4/23. No biggie.

[quote name='Americanpierg']anyone know how much project gotham racing 3, kameo, or nba 2k6, all for the 360, are getting at gamerush??[/QUOTE]

Kameo got $25 on 5/26/06

Not sure of the others, I would assume PGR3 gets about the same.

It seems like it has been pretty rare to see new accessories traded in. I'm guessing that they probably significantly lowered the trade-in prices for accessories once the 50% off sale started (as they did with the 50% off games).

[quote name='gizmogc']Does your GR's still carry used accessories? I went to 3 today and all had either 0 accessories or just 1.[/QUOTE]

I tried trading in used acessories at both GR's near me and was refused at both. They said that they didn"t accept used acessories anymore.

This could just be YMMV but who knows.

[quote name='ManChowder']I tried trading in used acessories at both GR's near me and was refused at both. They said that they didn"t accept used acessories anymore.

This could just be YMMV but who knows.[/QUOTE]

same near me...tried trading in a few xbox/ps2 controllers and a GC wavebird...no deal at 3 stores.

When I was in GR tonight I notice Matrix Path of New was selling for $19.99 New and $24.99 Used. Get rid of it if you still have it, monday may be the last chance...

[quote name='kjauburn']When I was in GR tonight I notice Matrix Path of New was selling for $19.99 New and $24.99 Used. Get rid of it if you still have it, monday may be the last chance...[/QUOTE]
Yep, that and Getting Up will drop Tuesday since they're both Atari games whose new MSRP is $20.

I have one more copy I need to dump tomorrow.

Yeah I have one more matrix I was thinking about playing if the price held for another week, but I will dump it tomorrow.

Does BBV and GR give the same credit for games nowadays or do you still run into a few that get less at BBV? I remember back with D2R2 and a few there were different trade ins...

[quote name='kjauburn']
Does BBV and GR give the same credit for games nowadays or do you still run into a few that get less at BBV? I remember back with D2R2 and a few there were different trade ins...[/QUOTE]
I do just as much trading at BB as GR, and I haven't noticed any discrepancies since that one. That was a weird one though, because even after it dropped the prices were still different between the stores for some time, I believe.

Yeah I haven't heard of any differences in awhile I was just curious since I have been doing all my trades at 2 local GR. I remember there were 2 other games with a difference at the same time as D2R2 for a total of about $9 less so I stopped trading at the local BBV. Medabots Infinity was one of the other ones...

Damn, just got back from my Gamerush, they couldnt find any DS lites in the system. They looked by DS, Lite, and Pearl, nothing..

I was told to come back tomorrow afternoon and talk with one of the "Gamerush" people, maybe he knows what its under, but didnt want to tell anyone else working there, lol.

[quote name='kjauburn']Yeah I have one more matrix I was thinking about playing if the price held for another week, but I will dump it tomorrow.

Does BBV and GR give the same credit for games nowadays or do you still run into a few that get less at BBV? I remember back with D2R2 and a few there were different trade ins...[/QUOTE]

I traded a Matrix Path of Neo at a regular BB tonight for $19. While I was looking through the used games, I think I heard the employees making some comment about it being only worth $25 and that $19 was a really high buy back price :D. I think I need to stay away from my local BB for a while anyway, as I didn't feel like driving 10 miles to another and so I dumped my 2nd copy there in a week. The clerk made some snarky comment about whether I was going to buy or rent anything today (since I usually just trade and leave - though I DO rent from this location sometimes!). I'll just stop trading there for a while.

[quote name='io']The clerk made some snarky comment about whether I was going to buy or rent anything today.[/quote]

To which you reply "No, but i do have some more games that i want to trade, hold on, let me get them", walk out to your car and drive away :p.

[quote name='Bezerker']To which you reply "No, but i do have some more games that i want to trade, hold on, let me get them", walk out to your car and drive away :p.[/QUOTE]

Well, the thing is I actually DO rent and buy from there. I've even bought newly released movies from them (Harry Potter, Clone Wars, etc). I figure the defacto 50% discount makes it better than anywhere else. Plus when I rent (which I admit is infrequent) I usually do it from that store as it is 1 mile from my house. Now, there are other BB's I used exclusively for trading :D. But all in all, I've definitely transfered a bunch of credit from my local store to the not so local GR store, so I guess they have a right to complain :D.

Edit - I looked back through my receipts and while I traded a Matrix and Ecko last weekend (then another Matrix just today), my last trade before that was in March! I had thought it must have been more recent and frequent than that. So, if they have a problem with me, screw 'em! :lol:

[quote name='Bezerker']Damn, just got back from my Gamerush, they couldnt find any DS lites in the system. They looked by DS, Lite, and Pearl, nothing..

I was told to come back tomorrow afternoon and talk with one of the "Gamerush" people, maybe he knows what its under, but didnt want to tell anyone else working there, lol.[/quote]

Ask them to look up "NIN-NDS Polar White". Kinda complex if you ask me. The two near me have both stated that none are "on order" but it's possible that they might recieve a few. I'm hoping that the number changes in a few days.

[quote name='jdangerc']IS RED NINJA STILL GETTING $24.00 at GAMERUSH??????[/QUOTE]
According to the list I just posted before you, it's getting $9.50 as of 4/8/06.

[quote name='io']I looked back through my receipts and while I traded a Matrix and Ecko last weekend (then another Matrix just today), my last trade before that was in March! I had thought it must have been more recent and frequent than that. So, if they have a problem with me, screw 'em! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem with the BB/GR two minutes away from me. The daytime manager M-F would always make it obvious she was annoyed when I'd have stuff to trade in. She would always ask for my ID every time I went in, when no other employee would ask for it. I finally stopped going there during her shift when she would refuse to put the credit on a value card. "We stopped doing that months ago!" Lo and behold I go in to drop off my last Getting Up and Neo last night and was able to get the credit on my card. Just had to vent!

6/9
Getting Up-$19
Neo-$19

According to the most wanted trade in board:
Jaws Unleashed(all versions)-$19
Da Vinci Code(all versions)-$22

BTW thanks botticus for the list!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back