GameRush Thread 12 ($5 bonus on trades? - details soon) (All used PS1 games - $2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Sales Rumors/Upcoming Deals

There will soon be an additional 300+ items added to the 50% off sale that is currently going on. A list will be made available on here when GR's finally get the email (current expected date 4/20).

Okay, I think I saw the list of new titles that are going to be added to the 50% off clearance, but I'm not 100% certain that's what the list was. Call me 95% sure at this point. The prices for these games will be active tomorrow if they are indeed 50% off.

Cheap PSP game @ Gamerush... Frantix (new) is 9.99. Is it worth it???

I also traded in Neo and Ecko - thanks to whoever it was that confirmed the prices!

[quote name='dafunkk12']Traded in a Matrix Path of Neo Xbox and picked up an NBA Street V3 GCN and have a couple bucks leftover on my previously empty GR card. Yep, seems the 75% sale we were waiting for didn't come through.

However, I did walk away with a free Harvest Moon sheep and a stack of $1 off coupons for 7-Eleven's new P'eatZZa. Hmm...is this sheep supposed to have rosy cheeks, or did the crazy guys at my GR do more than toss him around? Otherwise, the fellow seems no worse for the wear except for having somewhat dusty/dirty feet.[/QUOTE]

I saw some of these sheep at another store the other day. None of them had rosy cheeks, but it is strange you mention it. I questioned the same thing.

[quote name='-Phantom-']I saw some of these sheep at another store the other day. None of them had rosy cheeks, but it is strange you mention it. I questioned the same thing.[/QUOTE]
For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about... The fabric where the cheeks are isn't red or pink or anything like that. It's as if the fabric there was ever so slightly dyed. Either that, or someone used some red highlighter on them.

I saw Pikmin 2 New priced for $29.99 today at GR. I ment to take it to the register to see if it came up $15 with the 50% sale.

I noticed Frantix as well it was only $6.99 used...

[quote name='dinovelvet']yeah, you never know how GR are going to do it. I'm going to get my games traded in tomorrow just in case. If it turns out they are still holding up after Tuesday, I might go back to CC for some more. I don't think all those Getting Ups are going anywhere :)[/QUOTE]

I wish Ecko was that easy to get. I went to a CC 1pm Sunday to price match the games I bought elsewhere. They had a bin with the clearance games and practically nothing was in there. Then on my way out I saw a 50-something year-old woman buying 40-50 of the CC clearance games. Yikes... I'll try another CC tomorrow I guess. I was able to find a Matrix Path of Neo hidden in the stacks though.

Traded in Ecko and Path of Neo . Ecko (PS2) traded in for $24 and PON ( PS2) $19. I was suprised at Ecko since I was expecting $19. Not sure if the GR person pulled up the Ecko limited or regular sicne I only traded in the disk only.

[quote name='spamfree2']Traded in Ecko and Path of Neo . Ecko (PS2) traded in for $24 and PON ( PS2) $19. I was suprised at Ecko since I was expecting $19. Not sure if the GR person pulled up the Ecko limited or regular.[/QUOTE]

That's the price for the LE. What, they didn't scan it?

[quote name='io']That's the price for the LE. What, they didn't scan it?[/quote]

I traded in disc only.. they looked it up... Guess I got lucky!!

[quote name='spamfree2']I traded in disc only.. they looked it up... Guess I got lucky!![/QUOTE]

Ah, I see... It does seem that the LE comes up first. When I asked about it last week they told me the LE first, then looked up the other. Damn, not only were you able to get full value for disc only, you got a fucking BONUS. Amazing :D.

Just wanted to say that I was able to go and get my CC games price adjusted with 110% guarante. Not bad because the games ended up costing around $8 each so then trading at GR will more than double my investment. Path of Neo and Getting Up are the games. Thanks fellow CAG's!

[quote name='io']I wish Ecko was that easy to get. I went to a CC 1pm Sunday to price match the games I bought elsewhere. They had a bin with the clearance games and practically nothing was in there. Then on my way out I saw a 50-something year-old woman buying 40-50 of the CC clearance games. Yikes... I'll try another CC tomorrow I guess. I was able to find a Matrix Path of Neo hidden in the stacks though.[/QUOTE]

You could have ran over there and stung her and told the cashier that you want some of the games she had....it does say right in the ad "Limit 3"

Speaking of LE's, I called my Gamerush to see if the value of Matrix was still at $19 due to its value dropping at Rhino. Seems there's an LE in the system worth $30. As far as I know, there wasn't an LE version of Path of Neo, right?

[quote name='dafunkk12']Speaking of LE's, I called my Gamerush to see if the value of Matrix was still at $19 due to its value dropping at Rhino. Seems there's an LE in the system worth $30. As far as I know, there wasn't an LE version of Path of Neo, right?[/QUOTE]

There was a LE announced, and it was available for preorder from Gamerush (as I preordered it), but the LE was later cancelled, and it was a long struggle getting GR to actually hand over the regular version!

[quote name='soulwish2003']Cheap PSP game @ Gamerush... Frantix (new) is 9.99. Is it worth it???[/quote]I looked up some reviews and it seems to be a simple puzzle game with no extras. I'll pass unless I have credit on my GR gift card. I know I have $10 on a BB gift card, so I'll check how much I have left.

I am going to try and get GripShift for $9.99 tomorrow. Another thread reminded me of it, and it looks like a fun game. For $10, it's a really good deal.

[quote name='sj41']I looked up some reviews and it seems to be a simple puzzle game with no extras. I'll pass unless I have credit on my GR gift card. I know I have $10 on a BB gift card, so I'll check how much I have left.

I am going to try and get GripShift for $9.99 tomorrow. Another thread reminded me of it, and it looks like a fun game. For $10, it's a really good deal.[/QUOTE]

I picked up Gripshift a couple weeks ago. I thought about waiting for the 75% off sale :)roll:) but decided I better get it ASAP. Good thing, too, as the other 2 copies both disappeared within days. Now that 75% ain't happening any time soon (though I'm sure it will some time - at my GR they had no idea that was even a possibility) I'm definitely glad I did.

I should open it and play it some day. Maybe I'll do that right now - I was thinking of playing Daxter (which I preordered from GR but have yet to play :D).

[quote name='kjauburn']I saw Pikmin 2 New priced for $29.99 today at GR. I ment to take it to the register to see if it came up $15 with the 50% sale.

I noticed Frantix as well it was only $6.99 used...[/quote]

yea pikmin 2 is $15 after 50% unless they dropped it even lower than $29.99

[quote name='jboy']Did anybody's Gamerush get Rogue Trooper in ???[/QUOTE]

I saw they had a new xbox version for 29.99 when I went in to trade in some games today.

Traded in a Getting Up for $19 today... hopefully the value holds up tomorrow, as I am going to attempt to trade in another copy of that and DQ8 at GameCrazy tomorrow (matching the $19 with my receipt). DQ8 shouldn't drop for a while so that should be fine.

I'm pretty sure the Atari $20 price drops aren't official until June 1, so Getting Up should be fine through the week.

Traded Getting Up and Matrix for the PS2 GR today for $19 each. I was hoping they had a nsmb ds in stock, but no luck the one I saw in there the other day was gone. The guy at the counter couldn't believe they were giving $19 each on the games. He knew they were dropping to $19.99 june 1st...

Did a few trades today:

Guilty Gear Izuka $9.50
Matrix: Path Of Neo $19
Megaman X8 $16 (I was surprised by this trade in price after buying a few at CC for $6 at the clearance sale a few months back)

Picked up a few clearance games: SSX on Tour (GC) $10, Hot Shots Golf Fore $10 & Fable: The Lost Chapters for regular price. Also, GR did discount The Warriors for both PS2 and Xbox at $19.99 (used at $14.99). I'm tempted if the price does not go down to go pick up another Matrix so I can walk away with this for $10.

[quote name='botticus']Traded in a Getting Up for $19 today... hopefully the value holds up tomorrow, as I am going to attempt to trade in another copy of that and DQ8 at GameCrazy tomorrow (matching the $19 with my receipt). DQ8 shouldn't drop for a while so that should be fine.

I'm pretty sure the Atari $20 price drops aren't official until June 1, so Getting Up should be fine through the week.[/QUOTE]

Botticus - I only got $11 for DQ8 at GC yesterday. I don't know why I traded it there - I should have saved it for GR or even EB. At EB it is $12, plus the $2.50 bonus (if you trade 4 games). GC has the worst price for it.

I had some free time today so I went around to several CC's and Best Buy stores. The CC's were all pretty much cleaned out. I found no Matrix, and only one Getting Up that was still on the shelf (and not in the bin). I don't know who the hell is buying all these games up in this area - it is not for trading in anyway... However, I was able to get Best Buy to price match with no problem (no 110% but they didn't call CC to check stock so that's OK :D). Then I took all my copies of Getting Up and spread them around to a few BB's and GC's - $19 at BB, $18 at GC. Now I actually have a decent amount of GC credit stored up to get the DS games GR will never get in.

But I was worried about drops at both stores happening tomorrow so I got rid of 'em all. Plus that saves me having to go out tomorrow and deal with them. I'm done, kind of a relief.

[quote name='io']Botticus - I only got $11 for DQ8 at GC yesterday. I don't know why I traded it there - I should have saved it for GR or even EB. At EB it is $12, plus the $2.50 bonus (if you trade 4 games). GC has the worst price for it.

I had some free time today so I went around to several CC's and Best Buy stores. The CC's were all pretty much cleaned out. I found no Matrix, and only one Getting Up that was still on the shelf (and not in the bin). I don't know who the hell is buying all these games up in this area - it is not for trading in anyway... However, I was able to get Best Buy to price match with no problem (no 110% but they didn't call CC to check stock so that's OK :D). Then I took all my copies of Getting Up and spread them around to a few BB's and GC's - $19 at BB, $18 at GC. Now I actually have a decent amount of GC credit stored up to get the DS games GR will never get in.

But I was worried about drops at both stores happening tomorrow so I got rid of 'em all. Plus that saves me having to go out tomorrow and deal with them. I'm done, kind of a relief.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on DQ 8 at EB... I had two extra copies that I managed to get, I think I'll just add them with my other games when I take them for the Trade 4 deal. $14.50 is decent, plus it's another game to make the other 3 go higher.

Was thinking of flipping some of these games to Gamerush, but they have a shitty selection and aren't getting any of the games I want in the future... they are pretty much already dead to me, just waiting on another big clearance sale where they dump the rest of their stock.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Did a few trades today:

Megaman X8 $16 (I was surprised by this trade in price after buying a few at CC for $6 at the clearance sale a few months back)

[/QUOTE]

Wow.... And I remember passing this up SEVERAL times because it wasn't cheap enough for me. And to think, now they've most likely been removed from CC and destroyed (or whatever). I'll keep an eye out for it though. I had never considered the cheap CC games as good GR trade-in fodder. I have used a few for EB (with the $2 and then $2.50 bonus), but the values were so pathetic on most at GR that I stopped checking there.

By the way, if you want a good GR -> EB credit transfer, MegaMan Anniversary for PS2 is $8 at EB (or $10.50 if you trade it with 3 other games in the next week or so). I was hoping it would have dropped to $5 at GR this weekend, but oh well... :D. Still, you can turn $10 of GR credit into $10.50 of much more versatile GS/EB credit.

[quote name='Zon27']Maybe I missed it or something but how much does DQVIII trade in for at GR?[/QUOTE]

$12

[quote name='io']
By the way, if you want a good GR -> EB credit transfer, MegaMan Anniversary for PS2 is $8 at EB (or $10.50 if you trade it with 3 other games in the next week or so). I was hoping it would have dropped to $5 at GR this weekend, but oh well... :D. Still, you can turn $10 of GR credit into $10.50 of much more versatile GS/EB credit.[/QUOTE]

another good game to do your transfer would be silent hill 4(xbox/ps2). As of a couple weeks ago it was getting $9 trade credit at Gamestop/EB.

Also can anyone tell me if Conflict: Global Terror(xbox) is officially part of the 50% off sale?
I know it's on the master list on the front page of this thread, but both Gamerushes near me swore up and down that it was not part of the sale. I would just have them ring it up and then tell them I'm not interested but they got PISSED last time I did that.

So has anyone seen Conflict: Global Terror in their 50% section?

hey guys, thanks for the good games for credit transfer from Blockbuster to EB.

If anyone else has some gems, please post them! I'm trying to turn some extra BB credit into EB credit for the DS lite.

Thanks!

Man, I'm gonna have to read through the last page or so to figure out where the hell to go with all my trade-ins. And where to buy stuff to trade-in for that matter.

Obviously the Blockbusters on the East Coast have only been open for an hour, but has anyone found out whether Path of Neo and Getting Up stayed $19? Was hoping to do some trades to get Table Tennis.

I'll check the trade value today of those games in a couple of hours when GR opens. I have one PON left. My son wants to play it and if the value has dropped below $19 then it's all his. My CC had restocked Getting Up on Sunday because I had gone in on Thurs and Fri. and they didn't have any but when I went in to price adjust my previous purchased I saw several of them.

Trade-In Prices from today:

Matrix: Path Of Neo - $19
Marc Ecko's Getting Up - $19

Enjoy.

Oh, and I found a used copy of Table Tennis today at GR, so I was a happy CAG.

[quote name='buster90']Anyone know how much INfected will get me? Its only $10 as well and a recent PSP game so anyone know for sure???[/QUOTE]

It was worth $12.50 in trade last week.

[quote name='shipwreck']Trade-In Prices from today:

Matrix: Path Of Neo - $19
Marc Ecko's Getting Up - $19

Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

Just got back from GR myself and was about to post the same. Too bad my CC are out of those two.

[quote name='deadite76']Just got back from GR myself and was about to post the same. Too bad my CC are out of those two.[/QUOTE]

You might try Best Buy. All 3 CC's near me were cleaned out of these games before or in the very first hours of this sale on Sunday. I had no problem getting Best Buy to price match (at $9.99) a couple more Marc Ecko's. It is not too much trouble since it is only $19.99 there now - they aren't as likely to bother calling CC over that difference (as they might if it was still $39.99).

Note that Ecko gets $18 at GC. I've been spreading them between the two video chains :D.

[quote name='io']You might try Best Buy. All 3 CC's near me were cleaned out of these games before or in the very first hours of this sale on Sunday. I had no problem getting Best Buy to price match (at $9.99) a couple more Marc Ecko's. It is not too much trouble since it is only $19.99 there now - they aren't as likely to bother calling CC over that difference (as they might if it was still $39.99).

Note that Ecko gets $18 at GC. I've been spreading them between the two video chains :D.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip io! Gonna give it a try tomorrow!

DS lites are now out in some areas. A few people here on CAG either purchsed them, or saw them at Target/Wal-Mart. EB/GameStops have them in stock. There is no street date for this system.

So, what are the chances GameRush will have these in the next few days?

[quote name='jaffray']Does anyone know if Hitman: Blood Money for XBOX 360 will be available at Gamerush?[/QUOTE]

I would assume so, they've been getting pretty much all the 360 games in. I was looking for it today, I have the regular Xbox version preordered but it wasn't in yet.

Traded in a PS2 Getting Up, still gets $19

[quote name='gizmogc']DS lites are now out in some areas. A few people here on CAG either purchsed them, or saw them at Target/Wal-Mart. EB/GameStops have them in stock. There is no street date for this system.

So, what are the chances GameRush will have these in the next few days?[/QUOTE]

Weren't you the one saying GR was never going to get in the Lite?

I mean, they never even had a preorder SKU for it.

I was suprised, went into Gamerush today and they had the new 360 Transfer Kit. I passed on it as there really arent any sites right now that host 360 save files. I have a feeling its gonna be a big exploit on the achievement points.

[quote name='Roufuss']Weren't you the one saying GR was never going to get in the Lite?

I mean, they never even had a preorder SKU for it.[/QUOTE]

No, I said that the numerous employees at various stores had no idea what a DS Lite was. Most thought it was a Light add-on or a carrying case. Some even handed be a GBA Micro. They refused to look it up in the system too (One claimed I was BSing him. I went and grabbed a magazine, flipped to the page, and walked out).

However, I still think GR will manage to get these in. They got in the GBA Micro, and the Nintendogs DS bundle...so I think this will happen. When, I do not know. But I can guarantee there will be no 'we need to wait for street date' crap. Most employees are just too dumb.

[quote name='gizmogc']No, I said that the numerous employees at various stores had no idea what a DS Lite was. Most thought it was a Light add-on or a carrying case. Some even handed be a GBA Micro. They refused to look it up in the system too (One claimed I was BSing him. I went and grabbed a magazine, flipped to the page, and walked out).

However, I still think GR will manage to get these in. They got in the GBA Micro, and the Nintendogs DS bundle...so I think this will happen. When, I do not know. But I can guarantee there will be no 'we need to wait for street date' crap. Most employees are just too dumb.[/quote]

Yeah, but do you think they'll have them by the 11th? I don't care to get it early (though it'd be a plus), but I would like to buy it with my credit by the street date.

Has anyone heard anything about DS Lite shipments at GR? I've got a bunch of credit saved up specifically for that and I don't feel like wasting more time and gas in order to convert GR credits into EB/GS/GC credits. I've called a few times but they can't even find the part number for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back