GameRush Thread 12 ($5 bonus on trades? - details soon) (All used PS1 games - $2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
Sales Rumors/Upcoming Deals

There will soon be an additional 300+ items added to the 50% off sale that is currently going on. A list will be made available on here when GR's finally get the email (current expected date 4/20).

Okay, I think I saw the list of new titles that are going to be added to the 50% off clearance, but I'm not 100% certain that's what the list was. Call me 95% sure at this point. The prices for these games will be active tomorrow if they are indeed 50% off.

Yeah, I called. $160 it is. I'm really tempted to get rid of it. The only thing I EVER use if for is watching MPEGs.

[quote name='io']I've never sold a PSP on ebay, so I have no idea. Just check completed auctions for used ones. $160 seems high - you might want to take GR up on that :D.[/QUOTE]

What does Kameo get for trade-in? I may test my luck this week with a few games...picking up some PSP games for my trip (using my free rentals)

[quote name='shipwreck']Wow, there was a pretty massive list of price drops on used games today. There were some old favorites on there (King Of Fighters: Maximum Impact, Nigthmare of Druaga, GunGriffon, Steel Battalion: LOC etc.) that were still way too expensive.
[/QUOTE]

Oh wow they finally drop Nightmare of Druaga after, what, two years of holding steady at $19? Why even bother at this point! Anyway, Shipwreck do you happen to know if Ghost in the Shell and Galleon dropped (they have both been $19 for quite some time and I was planning on trading a couple)...?

[quote name='buster90']Getting up's new MSRP is $20 so I imagine it will only net $8 at Gamerush starting tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Is that it's new price at GR, or are you just saying it is that price in general? Because I thought its official MSRP was dropping to $19.99 on June 1st along with Matrix PoN. I dunno, it was still $39.99 at CC tonight.

I called the closest BB to me to see what they give for it now and they wouldn't give me a quote over the phone - they "need to see the condition first". Plus they close in 20 minutes (despite the store locator saying they are open till midnight).

I'll just call tomorrow (hopefully getting a different employee) and then return it to CC if it dropped.

I too was unable to locate a GR that even knew what DS Lite was. They most likley will stock them, but they seem to think its a carrying case.

[quote name='gizmogc']I too was unable to locate a GR that even knew what DS Lite was. They most likley will stock them, but they seem to think its a carrying case.[/quote]

They'd better get them in - I was planning to burn the last of my GR credit on a Lite and some recent games that I haven't gotten yet. I'd hate to have to resort to buying a 360 Core or something.

It seems like all of the local GRs have the 360 in stock lately, but only the Core systems. I guess that nobody wants them.

The bulletin board is no longer updated at my local store. Anyone know what games get the most cash right now. Shipwreck mentioned a few xbox 360 games at $40-55.

[quote name='gizmogc']I too was unable to locate a GR that even knew what DS Lite was. They most likley will stock them, but they seem to think its a carrying case.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised they don't think it's a reading light attachment for the DS :D

Since the BB wouldn't give me a trade quote I decided to try Gamecrazy. They give $16.36 for Marc Ecko (that might be reduced from normal because they already have some - I didn't know they did that until a few weeks ago) and $12.50 for Infected (without MVP).

[quote name='kjauburn']The bulletin board is no longer updated at my local store. Anyone know what games get the most cash right now. Shipwreck mentioned a few xbox 360 games at $40-55.[/QUOTE]

I think that was the USED price for the game. The most you will get for a 360 is $35....and it seems like those are newer ones.

[quote name='io']Is that it's new price at GR, or are you just saying it is that price in general? Because I thought its official MSRP was dropping to $19.99 on June 1st along with Matrix PoN. I dunno, it was still $39.99 at CC tonight.

I called the closest BB to me to see what they give for it now and they wouldn't give me a quote over the phone - they "need to see the condition first". Plus they close in 20 minutes (despite the store locator saying they are open till midnight).

I'll just call tomorrow (hopefully getting a different employee) and then return it to CC if it dropped.[/QUOTE]

Getting up is $40 new at EB and Neo is $30. Maybe some stores are adopting the price drop earlier than others. Let's hope that the $19 trade in value holds through Sunday. Not as profitable as Red Ninja, but it's something.

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions. Do you guys really think that the DS Lite will be available for purchase from GameRush on June 11, especially considering what seems to be a very tenuous relationship between Nintendo and the GR? I ask because I have $253 in credit that I kind of want to dump before the big GR crash and I desperately want a DS Lite. I don't want to have to wait months to get it. Not to mention the fact that I live in Northern California and the nearest GR is in SoCal. So if I make the trip to LA on or soon after June 11 (I'll be visiting some friends too), I don't want to come back empty-handed.

Also, would it just be a better idea to buy an xbox 360 or something and just sell that on ebay for a little bit of a profit (profit to me, discount to buyer)? Or, should I just go ahead and sell the value cards themselves (are they tied to specific accounts or do they work just like gift cards?) on ebay or craigslist or even here?

Thanks for your help, CAGs

Well, it appears that the DS Lite is NOT in the GR system....as talked about above. However, ask them, they may know about it....who knows.

You can always get a 360 and sell it and make some cash...either way. I'm holding out for the PS3 to use my credit on.

If you are going to sell the giftcards or a 360 I would recommend selling a 360 on ebay. I've sold 2 on ebay so far and only lost about 10% of the giftcard values.

[quote name='NeoFrank1']

Also, would it just be a better idea to buy an xbox 360 or something and just sell that on ebay for a little bit of a profit (profit to me, discount to buyer)? Or, should I just go ahead and sell the value cards themselves (are they tied to specific accounts or do they work just like gift cards?) on ebay or craigslist or even here?

Thanks for your help, CAGs[/quote]

[quote name='whitereflection']Sorry if this has been answered before - I only went back a few pages - but what games are part of the 50% off Memorial Day sale?[/QUOTE]

Its all listed on the first page, and the 50% sale has been going on for weeks now. Now there is an as-yet-unconfirmed rumor that these games would be dropping to 75% off on Memorial Day weekend, but we haven't heard anything since. We'll know one way or another in the next few days I guess....

Can anyone confirm used PS1 games are all $2? There's a GR I know of that has some used Final Fantasy games and several other RPGs but it's 40 minutes away so I don't want to drive there if they're still full price.

[quote name='Rictor']Can anyone confirm used PS1 games are all $2? There's a GR I know of that has some used Final Fantasy games and several other RPGs but it's 40 minutes away so I don't want to drive there if they're still full price.[/quote]

I would like to know this to.

It is in the system, as of today. However, there are none on order at either of the two GR's I frequent.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, it appears that the DS Lite is NOT in the GR system....as talked about above. However, ask them, they may know about it....who knows.

You can always get a 360 and sell it and make some cash...either way. I'm holding out for the PS3 to use my credit on.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dinovelvet']Its all listed on the first page, and the 50% sale has been going on for weeks now. Now there is an as-yet-unconfirmed rumor that these games would be dropping to 75% off on Memorial Day weekend, but we haven't heard anything since. We'll know one way or another in the next few days I guess....[/QUOTE]

Ah, I thought those were just games that the OP thought was a good deal. So are the listed prices before the 50% off?

Is it possible to transfer your store credit to a gift card? I asked this last night at my GR and was denied.....

[quote name='mklight']Is it possible to transfer your store credit to a gift card? I asked this last night at my GR and was denied.....[/QUOTE]

they should allow you to but it on a value card, or even put it on a gift card, if you tell them you want to take it with you. you arent really allowed to buy gift cards with credit, or other gift cards, but in the situation that you want to take your credit with you, they should allow it. just ask the manager nicely saying you want to take it with you to spend as you please.

[quote name='mklight']Is it possible to transfer your store credit to a gift card? I asked this last night at my GR and was denied.....[/QUOTE]

They should let you put it on a gift card anyway. I did a trade the other day and they couldn't figure out how to get it on my value card. But once they credited to my account it was easy for them to put it on a gift card (this was at a regular BB). Sucked a bit because now I have 3 cards with me on my trip - but better than leaving it on the account at some BB I never shop or rent at :D.

Some trade-in prices from today (Tues, May 23), with GC prices to compare:

PS2 Marc Ecko's Getting Up: $19 ($16.36 at GC, LE is $24 at BB by the way)
PS2 Midway Arcade Treasures 2: $1.50 ($2.50 at GC)
NDS Zoo Keeper: $1.50 ($6.50 at GC)
GBA Winnie the Pooh: $4 ($6 at GC) (note: this is $2 at Kmart)

And from a few days ago:
PS2 DragonQuest VIII (quote from a few days ago): $14.50 (? - forget the exact number, it was just a phone quote) (GC gives $16.36)

Note that all the GC prices are without MVP card, so you'd get 10% more with that. I'm tempted to get one, especially if I start moving GR games to GC.

Needless to say, except for Marc Ecko, I took the GC credit. I'll probably bring a DQ VIII from CC once I price match them into GC as well. I went ahead and traded the Ecko today at BB, though, in case it drops soon. I'll take my chances with the price match - I figure even if it doesn't drop to $10 (like the CC sale is a hoax or something :D) it will be $20 soon enough anyway and I'd break even.

Gamecrazy has a new preorder sheet out. They have EVERY DS game that I have ever heard about on there, from Mario Basketball to Star Fox to Childen of Mana. They also have Super Paper Mario for GC available for preorder! And to top it all off, they have several Wii games for preorder, though not the system or any of the Nintendo titles, interestingly enough. But that's a helluva lot better than GR, where they didn't even know the name of the Nintendo system and thought that Sony hadn't released pricing info for the PS3 as of last week :roll:.

I can confirm PSX games are all $2 now. I bought about 20-30 games today including a FFIX non greatest hits. At a couple Game Rushes they were all marked at $2 with clearance tags...at others they weren't marked but rang up correctly. The FFIX was marked correctly with a $2 tag and sitting out in a high traffic area...can't believe no one grabbed it before me.

Oh, and I asked at Every GR/BB I went to and everyone swore to me that there was no used game sale anytime soon and no price drop coming this weekend. They're probably clueless though...

The BB nearest me has big signs up saying they are having a tent sale in the parking lot this weekend...so at the very least I'd say that's a good sign for 75% off. I'll hit up the other stores once I get confirmation of the sale, as half of the stores I went to didn't have most of the 50% off games labeled as 50% off. I saw at leat one 1 gig PSP memory stick that was labeled full price still, so I might go grab that when it hits 75% since no one else will. I also saw a copy of MC Groovz but the carboard box and game case were faded from being displayed in the window. I might buy that at 75% off for myself and sell my mint copy on Ebay.

[quote name='gizmogc']These are USED PSX games, not NEW, correct?[/quote]

New PSX games have been $2 at GR/Blockbuster for about a year now...so it's used and new.

I went ahead and typed out a list of what I got today. Passed up a few hundred games...mostly sport titles and really obscure action titles. I bought the only two RPGs I saw, FFIX and Digimon World. Unfortunately the other FF and RPG PSX games sold before I got there, as a store I know had been well stocked with them a couple weeks ago.

Tomb Raider
Speedball 2100
Crusaders of Might and Magic
Digimon Rumble Areana
Ball Breakers
Project Overkill
Overblood
Cabela's Big Game Hunter
Cabela's Ultimate Deer Hunt
Digimon World
Pro Pinball
Action Bass
Grid Runner
NBA Live 2002 Collector's Edition
Final Fantasy IX
Austin Powers Pinball
Q-Bert
Machine Head
Crime Killer
Test Drive 4
Test Drive 5
Fear Effect
Tomb Raider III

Saw quite a few copies of Phoenix Wright new at GR for $30, New Super Mario Bros. new for $30, Tetris DS, Pokemon Trozei, Princess Peach, Resident Evil DS...they were stocked well on all the new DS stuff...wish I had some GR credit right now...I need to find something to trade in so I can get New Super Mario Bros. for like $15. Also saw used copies of Lost In Blue, Castlevania DS, etc. but they were too pricey to buy just for trade fodder ($25 used).

Forgot to mention I found one SNES game (Timon and Pumba) for $1 (still in the system) and a copy of Paper Mario for N64 (still in the system) that rang up for $15...I passed since I already have a copy. I saw some other random crappy N64 titles at various GR stores...they haven't been field destroyed and probably won't since the employees at these stores never read the MAP. They are also still in the system as of now...and ringing up what they are marked. I was hoping to get them free or make up a price but no luck. At the big GR near my house the guy flat out told me that they gave all the old games to the employees to take home and that they employees always keep anything that's supposed to be destroyed because they're not idiots...heh. That's kinda what I figured.

I would bet that somewhere out there is a Suikoden 2 new for $1.99. I remember someone found one a few months ago, lucky bastard...

[quote name='Bezerker']I would bet that somewhere out there is a Suikoden 2 new for $1.99. I remember someone found one a few months ago, lucky bastard...[/quote]

I saw Suikoden III and IV for $15 each used/complete, does that count? If there's a buy 2 get 1 free sale this week I might go back and grab them for trade bait. I have no interest in playing them myself though...no time for RPGs.

[quote name='unforeseen']There was a posting at my local BB stating 50% software and game accessories valid May 27-29. Maybe the 75% is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure the post didn't say 50% off USED software & accessories, as someone else mentioned that this might be happening...?

[quote name='dinovelvet']Are you sure the post didn't say 50% off USED software & accessories, as someone else mentioned that this might be happening...?[/QUOTE]

The flyer stated 50% off SELECT software and accessories. Since this was at a regular BB (not GameRush), then I am assuming it applies to NEW items because there was not many used items there.

[quote name='unforeseen']The flyer stated 50% off SELECT software and accessories. Since this was at a regular BB (not GameRush), then I am assuming it applies to NEW items because there was not many used items there.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that explains the confusion I had earlier; the promotion at my local store (also a regular BB) said "select" software too - but how do we know what the select software is? It still might be used items only, as my BB has plenty of those.

FYI, this promotion starts tomorrow.

[quote name='Archaic']It is in the system, as of today. However, there are none on order at either of the two GR's I frequent.[/QUOTE]

are you saying the DS Lite is in the system? If so, can you PLEASE find out the part number? None of the GRs here could find it in the system, but admitted "it is difficult to find hardware without a part number."

[quote name='doubledown']So, PS3 in the system yet? ;)[/QUOTE]

gamestop/eb are probably not going to take any preorders till october or at the best september if things work out. I doubt GR will take any earlier than those dates. The game stores are waiting alot longer this time due to the early 360 preorder fiascos.

In addition to this some manager are hearing/projecting 5-8 units per store which is even less than the 360 alotment last year. That could mean GR might get shut out completely from PS3 preorders at least from the first shipment or two (maybe if they are lucky they will get 1 unit in). That is if they are still in the new game hardware and software business by then.

[quote name='x_fiddle']gamestop/eb are probably not going to take any preorders till october or at the best september if things work out. I doubt GR will take any earlier than those dates. The game stores are waiting alot longer this time due to the early 360 preorder fiascos.

In addition to this some manager are hearing/projecting 5-8 units per store which is even less than the 360 alotment last year. That could mean GR might get shut out completely from PS3 preorders at least from the first shipment or two (maybe if they are lucky they will get 1 unit in). That is if they are still in the new game hardware and software business by then.[/QUOTE]
I doubt 5-8 is less than the 360... they took 10 preorders at stores, but I don't recall many, if any, people getting a 360 at launch if they were #10 on the list. That said, I doubt they're getting 5-8, unless that's over the entire launch period and not just the initial shipment.

[quote name='Archaic']Matrix:path of Neo (xbox) - gets $19[/QUOTE]

Well, if this is true then GR will get flooded with these since it will be on sale at CC next week for 10 bucks. Nine bucks return is decent and beats not getting any at all.

Here is a list of the games at CC that will probably get the most credit. Remember all of these games will be on sale for $9.99:

PS2 Greatest Hits: Killzone >>>> PS2
PS2 Greatest Hits: Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal >>>> PS2
PS2 Greatest Hits: Jak 3 >>>> PS2
True Crime: NYC >>>> PS2 / XBOX
American Chopper 2 >>>> PS2 / XBOX
From Russia With Love >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Rainbow Six: Lockdown >>>> PS2 / XBOX
50 Cent: Bulletproof >>> PS2 / XBOX
Getting Up >>> PS2 / XBOX
Matrix: Path of Neo >>>> PS2 / XBOX
Blitz The League >>>> PS2 / XBOX
Dragon Ball Z: Sagas >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Dragon Quest VIII >>>> PS2
Harry Potter & Goblet of Fire >>>> PS2

[quote name='botticus']Does the XB Getting Up get $19 as well, or do we only know the PS2 value?[/QUOTE]

This is one of those Atari games that is suppose to drop to 20 bucks on June 1 so it shouldn't drop in trade-in value until after that point.

[quote name='cdeener']Well, if this is true then GR will get flooded with these since it will be on sale at CC next week for 10 bucks. Nine bucks return is decent and beats not getting any at all.

Here is a list of the games at CC that will probably get the most credit. Remember all of these games will be on sale for $9.99:

PS2 Greatest Hits: Killzone >>>> PS2
PS2 Greatest Hits: Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal >>>> PS2
PS2 Greatest Hits: Jak 3 >>>> PS2
True Crime: NYC >>>> PS2 / XBOX
American Chopper 2 >>>> PS2 / XBOX
From Russia With Love >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Rainbow Six: Lockdown >>>> PS2 / XBOX
50 Cent: Bulletproof >>> PS2 / XBOX
Getting Up >>> PS2 / XBOX
Matrix: Path of Neo >>>> PS2 / XBOX
Blitz The League >>>> PS2 / XBOX
Dragon Ball Z: Sagas >>>> PS2 / XBOX / Gamecube
Dragon Quest VIII >>>> PS2
Harry Potter & Goblet of Fire >>>> PS2[/QUOTE]

Half of these are selling for 19.99 at GR, so they won't give more than $6 for any of them. It seems only Path of Neo and Gettng Up are worth bothering with, at 19 each (and if you get them in before the Tuesday Atari games price drop)

[quote name='x_fiddle']gamestop/eb are probably not going to take any preorders till october or at the best september if things work out. I doubt GR will take any earlier than those dates. The game stores are waiting alot longer this time due to the early 360 preorder fiascos.

In addition to this some manager are hearing/projecting 5-8 units per store which is even less than the 360 alotment last year. That could mean GR might get shut out completely from PS3 preorders at least from the first shipment or two (maybe if they are lucky they will get 1 unit in). That is if they are still in the new game hardware and software business by then.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='botticus']I doubt 5-8 is less than the 360... they took 10 preorders at stores, but I don't recall many, if any, people getting a 360 at launch if they were #10 on the list. That said, I doubt they're getting 5-8, unless that's over the entire launch period and not just the initial shipment.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I wasn't clear enough with the 5-8 statement...that was for gamestop/eb from what I've heard from a few employees and a district manager. 5-8 for them is less than their 360 shipment which in most cases was less than the 15-25 360s they recieved.

Of the Gamerush stores around me, most only got in 3-4 360's which if the supply for PS3 is worse than the 360, could mean they quite very possibly could get none in the first few shipments. That is if they are still around.

At this point stores have no clue on the number of units they will be receiving for the PS3. We all know the drill here...

5 year old kid - "My brother's girlfriend works at a EB and said they already have the ps3 hidden in the back, but they will only sale it to hobbits or ompalupas..."

[quote name='doubledown']Does anyone know what THE OUTFIT gets? I guess there is a price drop...soon or already. I want to maximize my profits.[/QUOTE]

It's $40 everywhere it seems. Sometimes GR doesn't keep up with price drops right away, so maybe you can still get a decent amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back