Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='Americanpierg']can anyone confirm this?

also im thinking about preordering the new zelda...but even if i do i wont be able to play it until june 06, is it worth it to trade in 2 games now and get it for 29.99, or wait to see if there is a price drop by summer 06[/QUOTE]

I'd feel pretty confident that there will NOT be a price drop on the new Zelda by mid-2006. You'll probably be able to get it for $36 or so, but probably no less.

Also, we've heard stories here about people having their credit removed from their account after being accused of flipping. Not sure I believe it, but that's why cards are supposedly better.

I updated the PSP preorder list which can be found here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725

Some interesting changes - including pushing GT4 and Daxter off till Feb.

This is what I traded at GR today with the extra 25% deal (they told me that the retail of the game has to be over $7.99 and I could only do 10 max per day):

Oddworld Strangers Wrath - $17.50
Forza - 37.50
Halo 2 - 15.63
Kung fu Chaos - 10
Lego Star Wars - 25
Kingdom Under Fire - 10
I Ninja - 8.75
Mech Assault - 6.25
Halo 2 Mappack - 8.75
The Suffering - 10

I was really surprised with the Forza and Lego prices. It's even more rediculous if you trade in a game originally worth $35 and get $44 in credit (pretty damn close to the price of a new game).

Grand total came out to $155.36 (Gamestop quoted me $110 for these with their trade 3 get extra $10 deal)

Picked up Unreal Championship 2 for $30

They told me I could pre-order 5 games if I wanted, but there was nothing that really interested me that I didn't pre-order already.

[quote name='Americanpierg']can anyone confirm this?

also im thinking about preordering the new zelda...but even if i do i wont be able to play it until june 06, is it worth it to trade in 2 games now and get it for 29.99, or wait to see if there is a price drop by summer 06[/QUOTE]

you could try reading the back of the card

[quote name='andrew333']you could try reading the back of the card[/QUOTE]

lol thanx, that idea never even crossed my mind...24 months of being inactive...seems pretty long...awesome

I was really surprised with the Forza and Lego prices. It's even more rediculous if you trade in a game originally worth $35 and get $44 in credit (pretty damn close to the price of a new game).

eh...almost 10 dollars off here with the .06 tax...still good but no kudos from me

They told me I could pre-order 5 games if I wanted, but there was nothing that really interested me that I didn't pre-order already.

sadly, they wouldnt let me double dip, it was one or the either

how much is gamestop/ebgames giving for madden 06?

Can anyone please tell me some games that I can get from the Toys r Us green tag sale and make a profit on at GR with/without the extra 25%. (not sure I can double dip) Thanks for any help, and thank you IO for the PO lists.

I would also like to know some green-tag games I can make a profit off of. I already know PowerPuff Girls: Relish Rampage for GC, and that's it. I'm going to CC to get some cheap games for the Trade in 5 get Zelda: TP free deal at EB today.

[quote name='aoLat']I would also like to know some green-tag games I can make a profit off of. I already know PowerPuff Girls: Relish Rampage for GC, and that's it. I'm going to CC to get some cheap games for the Trade in 5 get Zelda: TP free deal at EB today.[/QUOTE]

Medabots for GC used to trade in for $15, I'm not sure what it gets now though.

Okay.. i haven't follow GR thread since last summer.. what are the deals here?
is that trade 3 get extra $5 plus preordering still in? if yes. that would be sweet.. is there llimitation on the game now, can i still go to ohter BB and use my credit to buy games then go to GR and preorder thing? thanx

[quote name='racthamp']Okay.. i haven't follow GR thread since last summer.. what are the deals here?
is that trade 3 get extra $5 plus preordering still in? if yes. that would be sweet.. is there llimitation on the game now, can i still go to ohter BB and use my credit to buy games then go to GR and preorder thing? thanx[/QUOTE]

lol...no you missed out on quite a lot...only thing left now is trade in two that resells used for 7.99 and get a preorder for 29.99 plus trade in credit, and a trade in 3 that resells for 7.99 used and get +25% credit.:bomb:

[quote name='Americanpierg']lol...no you missed out on quite a lot...only thing left now is trade in two that resells used for 7.99 and get a preorder for 29.99 plus trade in credit, and a trade in 3 that resells for 7.99 used and get +25% credit.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

okay.. i'll probably try to preorder Geist, Mario baseball and Zelda later.. using my store credit.. thanx.. I had more than $700 credit and got more than 20 games from them.. since last year hurray.... didn't wanna spend too much time driving back-n-forth too much.....but need to get those 1st party nintendo game taken care of... eventhough i know i won't have time to play them until those game probably fall down in value later, but just to get rid of the hassle for searching for those deals int he future.. better get it done now hehe... too bad we can order Mario Striker and mario party 7 yet.. otherwise.. i'll be pretty much done with Cube collection... thanx Oh is the 25% is okay in CA?

So if R6: Lockdown for GC isn't yet on the preorder list, but is for the other two systems, should I assume that it's never going to be on the preorder list?

Of course, now looking at official sites, they don't even list GC as having Lockdown, with PC to come far later. Super. Why can't we go back to the days when R6: Rogue Spear was the hot shit on PC?

Well...i just thought of a way to screw gamerush over...and will get flamed for this BUT here it is anyways. PO games are buy 2 get 1 free. Newly released PO games are 44.99. Three newly released games that sell back for 35 can be purchased for 90 dollars, then sold back for 131. Come back next day and the 3 games will be on the shelves again...rinse and repeat...lol, let the flaming begin

[quote name='Americanpierg']Well...i just thought of a way to screw gamerush over...and will get flamed for this BUT here it is anyways. PO games are buy 2 get 1 free. Newly released PO games are 44.99. Three newly released games that sell back for 35 can be purchased for 90 dollars, then sold back for 131. Come back next day and the 3 games will be on the shelves again...rinse and repeat...lol, let the flaming begin[/QUOTE]

this has been discussed before. i believe the term you're looking for is "flipping." you will be banned if you are caught and your credit may be taken away. you can refer to some of the older threads if you want proof. this is the reason peeps haven't discussed your newly found method ;)

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']this has been discussed before. i believe the term you're looking for is "flipping." you will be banned if you are caught and your credit may be taken away. you can refer to some of the older threads if you want proof. this is the reason peeps haven't discussed your newly found method ;)[/QUOTE]

flipping is evil...do not flip

[quote name='fivecardstud']new to the thread, but big into trading games at blockbuster...

what is KOF: MI?[/QUOTE]

King of Fighters: Maximum Impact

[quote name='Americanpierg']Well...i just thought of a way to screw gamerush over...and will get flamed for this BUT here it is anyways. PO games are buy 2 get 1 free. Newly released PO games are 44.99. Three newly released games that sell back for 35 can be purchased for 90 dollars, then sold back for 131. Come back next day and the 3 games will be on the shelves again...rinse and repeat...lol, let the flaming begin[/QUOTE]

i am no longer going to complain about flipping discussion so i deleted this post, flippers knock yourselves out but know GR knows about this site and board

My GameRush had an Aug. 9th flyer advertising 25% extra credit when trading 3 or more games in. It hadn't started yet, though, as the trade 2, get preorder for $29.99 is still going. They didn't know when it would switch -- they barely knew how to do pre-orders.

I traded in:
Fantastic Four Xbox - $33
Fight Night 2004 PS2 - $8
MTX Mototrax Xbox - $10
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction PS2 - $8
Total: $56

Pre-ordered:
Burnout Revenge Xbox
Radiata Story PS2 (kick-ass Square RPG)
Nintendogs Dachsund DS (already $28.99, so no need to lower price)
Total: $83.59

After the credit I had from before, I only paid $12.69 out of pocket. I sure love GameRush.

[quote name='ViolentLee']My GameRush had an Aug. 9th flyer advertising 25% extra credit when trading 3 or more games in. It hadn't started yet, though, as the trade 2, get preorder for $29.99 is still going. They didn't know when it would switch -- they barely knew how to do pre-orders. [/QUOTE]

It started yesterday, August 9. Both deals are going on at the same time. I work at the novi gamerush.

[quote name='andrew333']just for the sake of argument, your example proves the pointless nature of your exercise as your math seems to be quite faulty

cost of 3 games = $98 (tax!!!)
credit back = $105

hardly worth it

does this end the flipping discussion?[/QUOTE]

Actually, you did not take the 25% extra credit into consideration. "Just for the sake of argument:"

3 Pre-owned: $44.99 * 2 = $89.98 * 6% tax = $95.38
3 Sell Back: $35 * 3 = $105 + extra 25% = $131.25 * 6% tax = $139.13 (yes, they do give you tax when you sell the games)

$139.13 - $95.38 = $43.75 extra credit

Would you still say it's hardly worth it? Either way however, don't do it, it's not ethical and it'll just screw everyone over in the long run. Gamerush is already giving us all awesome deals as it is. Eventually, the promotions will become stricter, fewer, and undesirable.

[quote name='enronaccountant']Actually, you did not take the 25% extra credit into consideration. "Just for the sake of argument:"

3 Sell Back: $35 * 3 = $105 + extra 25% = $131.25 * 6% tax = $139.13 (yes, they do give you tax when you sell the games)

[/QUOTE]

Yes, flipping IS bad...but to finish this arguement, you both need to be more open minded.

I used the non-taxed prices as some states (minnesota, florida) do NOT have sales tax. Also, the sales tax of others differ in rates.. ie. 6% in most places, 8% in others. Acording to andrew33's response...either he lives in a state with 8.9 percent tax or he must be worse at math than someone whos math is apparently faulty.

btw they do NOT give you tax "credits" when you sell back games. It wouldn't make any sense to give you tax when you trade in your games.

[quote name='Americanpierg']It started yesterday, August 9. Both deals are going on at the same time. I work at the novi gamerush.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you WORK at a Gamerush? Why are you always asking questions here then? :D You should be giving US the info! And why would you even mention flipping? I hope our good friend Tequilla Gundam checks back in - you guys could have a really good back-n-forth :D.

OK, on to other topics...
This is kind of embarassing, but does anyone know the trade-in value of that "Get on Da Mic" game (or whatever it is called)? I picked one up on clearance at Target. I may just return it though :D. Don't think I can get up the courage to ask about that one at my GR. You'd have to be me to understand :D.

[quote name='Americanpierg'][quote name='enronaccountant']Actually, you did not take the 25% extra credit into consideration. "Just for the sake of argument:"

[/QUOTE]

Yes, flipping IS bad...but to finish this arguement, you both need to be more open minded.

I used the non-taxed prices as some states (minnesota, florida) do NOT have sales tax. Also, the sales tax of others differ in rates.. ie. 6% in most places, 8% in others. Acording to andrew33's response...either he lives in a state with 8.9 percent tax or he must be worse at math than someone whos math is apparently faulty.

btw they do NOT give you tax "credits" when you sell back games. It wouldn't make any sense to give you tax when you trade in your games.[/QUOTE]

actually i do live in a state with an 8+% sales tax and, although i should have mentioned this in my rant, a state where, according to my gr, no 25% bump deal will be happening

[quote name='drfrielgood']NCAA Football 2005 dropped to $27 credit this week. I believe Get on Da Mic gets around $8.[/QUOTE]

OK, well, that's about what I paid for it so maybe I'll just return it. With Target's 90 day return policy though I'll hold it for a while and if I run out of games to trade in I can use it for a preorder.

I gathered from my experience at GR the other day that there are preorder quotas for the individual GR's to fill. Mine might very well pull the double-dip like they did last time. But I can tell you this - I am WAY more likely to preorder things with the $5 bonus, or even the 25% bonus, than I would be otherwise. I don't think I would have bothered preordering Advance Wars DS and Suikoden Tactics (esp. since both are cheaper games) without the bonus to the tradeins. Of course, that's partly because I've already preordered just about everything I have any interest in. But the bonus gives me that little added incentive to take chances on games (like Suikoden Tactics - never played a Suikoden in my life, or ANY PS1/PS2 RPG for that matter).

So I hope corporate or someone from the regional level doesn't crack down on them for allowing both deals at once. This is what happened during the $5 bonus sale (fortunately not till the last week) - it wasn't the store employee's decision, it came from on high. I can tell them right now they'll get at least aother 4-5 preorders from me if the bonus is allowed with the preorder deal :D.

[quote name='Americanpierg'][quote name='enronaccountant']Actually, you did not take the 25% extra credit into consideration. "Just for the sake of argument:"

[/QUOTE]

btw they do NOT give you tax "credits" when you sell back games. It wouldn't make any sense to give you tax when you trade in your games.[/QUOTE]

Well first off I realize that different states have different taxes. I figured 6% would be a rough median benchmark to base the example on (not because of your assumption that I am close minded and think all states have a 6% sales tax.) My state (Hawaii) has a 4% sales tax, while other states have none or a 9%+ tax.

Secondly, you DO receive a credit for tax. If you have a Gamerush "Trade Transaction" receipt handy, look above the lines "Total" and "Tendered Credit on Account." What do you see? Yep, it's the tax credit you receive. Please don't spread your bullsh*t and assume things that you are clueless about or simply makes no sense to you.

Lastly, you did absolutely nothing to finish the "argument" (if you'd even call it that), by saying we need to be more open minded. In fact, you are the one who needs to be more open minded if the only issue that concerns you are the potential sales tax differences. That's a very VERY small part of it all; you really should focus on the bigger picture.

Hi all, haven't posted in awhile but now I have a question. Does anyone know what the GR credit is for P.N.O.3 for gamecube? I'm on vacation in Hawaii right now and the local Wal-Mart has a ton of them for $10. Just wondering if it would be worth it to get a couple to take back home to California and use the +25% bonus. Also they had some Billy Hatchers any value known for that? Thanks alot!

[quote name='io']Wait, you WORK at a Gamerush? Why are you always asking questions here then? :D You should be giving US the info! And why would you even mention flipping? I hope our good friend Tequilla Gundam checks back in - you guys could have a really good back-n-forth :D.

OK, on to other topics...
This is kind of embarassing, but does anyone know the trade-in value of that "Get on Da Mic" game (or whatever it is called)? I picked one up on clearance at Target. I may just return it though :D. Don't think I can get up the courage to ask about that one at my GR. You'd have to be me to understand :D.[/QUOTE]

IO, no need to lie. You know you bought the game to show your kids how "hip" you were. ;)

Anyone know some good Green tagged games for this deal?

[quote name='aaa']IO, no need to lie. You know you bought the game to show your kids how "hip" you were. ;)

Anyone know some good Green tagged games for this deal?[/QUOTE]

But see, that's the thing - I can get away with trading in Dora or Spongebob games *because* I have little kids (3 of them 8 and under). I DON'T have the teenager I'd need as cover for "Get On Da Mic", and my kids are clueless about what it is so I certainly don't look "hip" to them because of that game :D. I got my daughter Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life so I'm as "hip" as can be in her eyes these days already.

As for your question, besides Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage (the cover of the 3 little kids is good for that one :D), and this mysterious Metabots Infinity, which I've never seen, not sure there is much more. I think Iridion II for GBA is $15 before discount and I saw a used one tagged $24.99 at GR. I'm not sure if that is an up to date price, but I plan on picking one up at $7.50 and playing it a bit and then price-checking it at GR. There were tons of them a few weeks back at one TRU I went to - they might even hang around till the sale hits 70%. I do need a few more games if I'm going to put in 4 or 5 more preorders, so I'll be checking TRU out on Sunday for sure (70% won't be till end of Sept).

[quote name='enronaccountant']Secondly, you DO receive a credit for tax. If you have a Gamerush "Trade Transaction" receipt handy, look above the lines "Total" and "Tendered Credit on Account." What do you see? Yep, it's the tax credit you receive. Please don't spread your bullsh*t and assume things that you are clueless about or simply makes no sense to you.
[/QUOTE]

LOL dude...I'm confident enough to bet my entire life that you do NOT receive a credit for tax when trading your games back.

First off, i complete like 20 trade transactions a day, so i think i would know.

Secondly, you must not be old enough to understand, but anything that is bought for the purpose of resale is not subjected to state sales taxes, ie. trade ins at gamestop/gamerush/ebgames. Sales tax is only charged on the final retail purchase of any item or service, and it's only refunded back to you when you return the item for a refund. The retailers charging sales tax has to PAY the state that tax...and im assuming you've never sent your state the sales tax you "received" from reselling your games.

Lastly, take that handy "trades transaction" and read it over again as you've obviously made a mistake. You should check something over twice before you try to prove a point. This "tax credit" of yours is actually the complete opposite. You either preordered an item or bought something along with your tradeins, and that number you see is what you are paying them in sales tax, not what they are paying you.

You're feeling pretty stupid now aren't you?:applause:

Different states do different things.

There have been multiple cases of people on this site getting tax back on trade ins in a couple of states, even though most states do not do this. It seems silly to do it from a retailer's perspective, but it happens.

Some states have waiting periods on trades, some don't. In Florida, they have to hold the games for something like two weeks before reselling them - flipping your own games is an exercise in futility. Other states, the games are out there on the shelves later that day.

So claiming expertise because you are familiar with the rules, laws and practices at one store/state would be a falacy. Your knowledge is appreciated, but not universal - sorry.

Also, attacking the person (especially when making unfounded claims on intelligence or age) instead of the argument is considered dirty pool in my book.

[quote name='kojubat']

So claiming expertise because you are familiar with the rules, laws and practices at one store/state would be a falacy. Your knowledge is appreciated, but not universal - sorry.

[/QUOTE]

If by one state/store, you mean America, then yes.

[quote name='kojubat']Different states do different things.

There have been multiple cases of people on this site getting tax back on trade ins in a couple of states, even though most states do not do this. It seems silly to do it from a retailer's perspective, but it happens.

Some states have waiting periods on trades, some don't. In Florida, they have to hold the games for something like two weeks before reselling them - flipping your own games is an exercise in futility. Other states, the games are out there on the shelves later that day.

Also, attacking the person (especially when making unfounded claims on intelligence or age) instead of the argument is considered dirty pool in my book.[/QUOTE]

Actually, trede-in policies vary by local government (city, county, etc). One city can have very strict trade-in procedures (cannot be for cash, must provide ID, etc), while others are slack. BB's vary this way, from a Tier 1 (least stringent) to a Tier 3 was it? I don't remember because we were only a Tier 1.

However, in our Tier 1 NC store, there was no tax involved when trading in games. You got the equivilent credit, and that was it. You only involved tax when you were buying something on the same transaction.

[quote name='Americanpierg']LOL dude...I'm confident enough to bet my entire life that you do NOT receive a credit for tax when trading your games back.

First off, i complete like 20 trade transactions a day, so i think i would know.

Secondly, you must not be old enough to understand, but anything that is bought for the purpose of resale is not subjected to state sales taxes, ie. trade ins at gamestop/gamerush/ebgames. Sales tax is only charged on the final retail purchase of any item or service, and it's only refunded back to you when you return the item for a refund. The retailers charging sales tax has to PAY the state that tax...and im assuming you've never sent your state the sales tax you "received" from reselling your games.

Lastly, take that handy "trades transaction" and read it over again as you've obviously made a mistake. You should check something over twice before you try to prove a point. This "tax credit" of yours is actually the complete opposite. You either preordered an item or bought something along with your tradeins, and that number you see is what you are paying them in sales tax, not what they are paying you.

You're feeling pretty stupid now aren't you?:applause:[/QUOTE]

You complete 20 trade transactions a day...? Wow, you must have a lot of games just lying around.

Listen, the one and only reason why I posted was to make the point that it may be more than worthwhile to "flip" than andrew333 made it out to be; not to argue the fine point of sales tax. Whether the sales tax factored into the equation or not, the point is that the flipping scenario would net a worthwhile gain to some people. If you want to just focus on the sales tax, then that's fine.

Also, thank you kojubat and ChocheseUGA for clearing up the issue.

[quote name='Americanpierg']If by one state/store, you mean America, then yes.[/QUOTE]
No, I usually mean what I say. I'm weird like that. Appears I wasn't even granular enough - thanks, CocheseUGA.

But, since you're absolutely certain about everything Gamerush, having worked in every municipality within America, I guess I don't have anything left to say. ;)

[quote name='Americanpierg']LOL dude...I'm confident enough to bet my entire life that you do NOT receive a credit for tax when trading your games back.

DIE!

You lost your bet now either kill yourself or leave these boards forever and let us imagine you are dead.

Gamerush does give you tax credit back to your account when you trade example: I have a receipt in front of me now

trade transaction
crimson skies $5
nascar 05 $15
Midnight Club 3 $30

tax $3
total $53
tendered credit on account $53

THIS IS HOW GAMERUSH HAS ALWAYS WORKED, do a little research. Now back to the part where you bet your life.....

anyone know if Gamerush has Mario Striker and Mario Party 7 for preorder yet? i'm planning to go there today to preorder Zelda and Mario baseball.. just wanna do once and for all... so I can bring enough games.. thanx

This is the problem with the internet. This post is so over the top that it cracks me up, while the guy has no idea how stupid he is. In real life you could point out his inadequacies and make him cry. On the internet all you can do is roll your eyes.

Believe it or not, different states have different laws. In Indiana, you have to pay sales tax on previously played games, so they have to credit you tax when you trade anything in.

I would also like to ask that you kill yourself now. Partially because you promised, partially because people with attitudes like that are simply pollution on message boards.

Ok I'll throw my 2 cents in, should be fun

In Texas at Gamerushes we do not get tax back on trade in's, just don't I have done over a 1000 trade ins and trust me my credit is always back in even numbers, I think it depends on the state, the BS thing is we get charged tax on games we buy with credit.

Usually Gamestores either give you the tax back on your trades or don't charge you tax when you use your credit (this is how Gamestop and EB Games work, at least in Texas), but GR effectively double dips on us when you trade and use credit, I don't know if that is national or state, I use to think it was just Blockbuster didn't know any better or how to set that up, but if some of you get tax back it must be up to state sales tax laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back