Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='racthamp']anyone know if Gamerush has Mario Striker and Mario Party 7 for preorder yet? i'm planning to go there today to preorder Zelda and Mario baseball.. just wanna do once and for all... so I can bring enough games.. thanx[/QUOTE]

NO! If this thread hadn't been so cluttered up with sales tax issues you might have seen my post where I specifically said these were not there (I asked about it on Tuesday). But please ask when you go in because they can add them at any time and I would certainly like to know as soon as those 2 show up as well.

As for the sales tax thing, I know that on the EB trade-in deals (say the 3 PO games for GT4) in some states (like CA) you had to pay the sales tax, and others (like VA) you didn't. Not really the same thing as getting tax on your trade-ins but I mention it just to echo others posts that THINGS ARE DIFFERENT in different states. That's just the way it is...

Of course I live in OR so I don't need to mess with all this sales tax BS (well, except when I'm travelling) :D.

Edit: Engineer_J - 1000 (!) trade-ins at GR? Wow...

[quote name='io']NO! If this thread hadn't been so cluttered up with sales tax issues you might have seen my post where I specifically said these were not there (I asked about it on Tuesday). But please ask when you go in because they can add them at any time and I would certainly like to know as soon as those 2 show up as well.

As for the sales tax thing, I know that on the EB trade-in deals (say the 3 PO games for GT4) in some states (like CA) you had to pay the sales tax, and others (like VA) you didn't. Not really the same thing as getting tax on your trade-ins but I mention it just to echo others posts that THINGS ARE DIFFERENT in different states. That's just the way it is...

Of course I live in OR so I don't need to mess with all this sales tax BS (well, except when I'm travelling) :D.

Edit: Engineer_J - 1000 (!) trade-ins at GR? Wow...[/QUOTE]

I know I got carried away, I have a kid on the way now so no more spending, I would take sales at BB, CC, TRU and convert it to GR, still have 62 pre-orders fully paid for, some on games into 2006, I posted a list here once

[quote name='$hady']DIE!

You lost your bet now either kill yourself or leave these boards forever and let us imagine you are dead.

Gamerush does give you tax credit back to your account when you trade example: I have a receipt in front of me now

trade transaction
crimson skies $5
nascar 05 $15
Midnight Club 3 $30

tax $3
total $53
tendered credit on account $53

THIS IS HOW GAMERUSH HAS ALWAYS WORKED, do a little research. Now back to the part where you bet your life.....[/QUOTE]

Do a little research yourself. I worked for the company. Not every GR or BB is like that. Try a different location, perhaps even another state and see what happens. Don't be a douche because something works one way where you are, because it isn't like that everywhere.

Now back to (the lack of) deals.

[quote name='DamingR']

Believe it or not, different states have different laws. In Indiana, you have to pay sales tax on previously played games, so they have to credit you tax when you trade anything in.
[/QUOTE]

WOW you guys are like uneducated little children. Please go take accounting 101 in college before you venture out into the world and find yourself utterly lost. Of course different states have different laws on taxation, but the reason for the tax is the exact same. The tax is collected because the retailers have to pay the state that amount on their gross billings. Items bought under the intention of resale is NOT subjected to sales tax under FEDERAL LAW. Gamerush buys from Manufacturer, Gamerush buys from Gamerush, Gamerush buys from YOU. No tax is applied to prevent tax cascading.

Here is the final blow. To be able to charge and collect sales tax, you have to first obtain a sales tax permit from the state, which is only availible (and required) to those who are engaged in a business. When you "trade in" your games, you are essentially selling gamerush your games. If they give you tax as credit, then they have just bought an item from you with tax. Do you have a permit to collect taxes??? Yea, i didn't think so.

1. Its not that hard to fake a "receipt" on the internet with no visual proof.
2. I've been to indiana countless times, and not once did they give me credit for tax on my tradeins nor did i expect them to. Actually visit the gamerush stores in indiana before you say anything becuase they do not "have to" credit you tax.

No longer am I going to continue this as I've obviously proven my point to those who have any idea at all how taxes work, and I'm tired of giving free education to those of you who have no idea how the economy operates or what taxes even represent or why they exist. Taxation without Representation obviously wouldn't matter at all to you.

What americanpierg said about the sales tax id is absolutely the truth.Depending on what state your in,you either collect taxes or not.I have a California Sales tax Id # and collecting sales tax is at my own discretion.But if I dont,I will have to pay it.So that is why 99.9% of all businesses accept it and very few dont.As far as giving taxes back for trade credit.I find it highly unlikely.Beause they have no reason to give it to you in the first place.But hey they mught have goofed.
Later,
Dillon

They never give me tax when I trade games in MI....I have many receipts to prove this point, but it's stupid to argue over this....move this to the piss & moan board.

Let me contribute one time to the thrilling tax debate. I can confirm that if you trade in games at Indiana Game Rushes, you do get credited tax. It's always been that way.

If certain people want to feel proud of their awe-inspiring, yet incorrect, knowledge, just feel free to pretend that all the rest of us are barely bright enough to even find our way to a Blockbuster, let alone be able to read a receipt.

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=upsell_article&articleID=VR1117927212&categoryID=20&cs=1

"(Blockbuster) on Tuesday posted a $57.2 million net loss for the second quarter on lower revenue and shrinking margins"

not a deal but I felt it might still be worth posting. Blockbuster is bleeding cash like no other now and had to get a waiver from various banks to ensure that it didn't default on some of its loans.[/QUOTE]

Let's all wave goodbye to Gamerush in a few months, then.

Gamerush revenues are up 8% over last year according to our last conference call. Our store just raised rental prices on games from $6.99 to $7.99 (from $4.99 to $6.99 on GBA and DS). There's such a proliferation of cheap games nowadays that I can't understand why many people would be willing to pay these prices. If you're a frequent renter, I'd strongly recommend the game pass.

It is a shame to see GameRush not doing very well. Hopefully they will be around for at least another 6 months, and have some kind of deal for xbox 360 in that time period. Doubt it, but you never know. Plus it wouldn't be too bad if Blockbuster kept GR :)

Does anyone know how much Madden 2006 gets? I have it on preorder, but since I don't have my xbox anymore, I will trade that and 2 more games in.

yeah I basically think that blockbuster has worked itself into a near intractable position right now. Since for the last few years it has been shifting its strategy to overbuy dvds at the front end to ensure as many first week rentals as possible. At first it was also able to recoup a lot of this cost by selling the excess dvds used. Now however the chain is becoming overloaded with used dvds, and the worst part is that due to the new "no late fees/ extra 7 day rental period" its even harder for the chain to lower the number of copies it buys of major new dvds to ensure maximum capitalization on new release rentals. Then to try and recoup this in the higher cost videogame arena it trys to increase it's margins per rental. But this just winds up further eroding total rentals as more peope will shy away from the higher upfront cost despite the two weeks to rental time.

So the only way to really break this cycle is to change the model, by ether going with a subscription service where the pressure to ensure substantial first week stock of new dvds is releaved because there is no real lost opertunity cost if everyone already prepaid. Plus this smooths out revenue. But this can be a much harder sell than $4 for a one time rental. Plus it puts limits on the customer base, requiring credit cards and what not. Or the company could try to shift back to a lower cost balance with a greater focus on library titles. But really I think BB screwed itself when it decided to adopt the current non-late-fee late-fee. And once on-demand cable and satellite systems really start to take off and can lower their prices I seriously doubt that blockbuster would be able to maintain its current size, unless it manages to pull its act together regarding the videogame business and make that profitable. The gaming market in the US is just going to keep growing for another couple of decades so if their business is able to substantially grow in retailing and keep the rental services as a way to underwrite that business, they might just survive in good form.

or something. I'm going to stop rambling now.

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']yeah I basically think that blockbuster has worked itself into a near intractable position right now. Since for the last few years it has been shifting its strategy to overbuy dvds at the front end to ensure as many first week rentals as possible. At first it was also able to recoup a lot of this cost by selling the excess dvds used. Now however the chain is becoming overloaded with used dvds, and the worst part is that due to the new "no late fees/ extra 7 day rental period" its even harder for the chain to lower the number of copies it buys of major new dvds to ensure maximum capitalization on new release rentals. Then to try and recoup this in the higher cost videogame arena it trys to increase it's margins per rental. But this just winds up further eroding total rentals as more peope will shy away from the higher upfront cost despite the two weeks to rental time.

So the only way to really break this cycle is to change the model, by ether going with a subscription service where the pressure to ensure substantial first week stock of new dvds is releaved because there is no real lost opertunity cost if everyone already prepaid. Plus this smooths out revenue. But this can be a much harder sell than $4 for a one time rental. Plus it puts limits on the customer base, requiring credit cards and what not. Or the company could try to shift back to a lower cost balance with a greater focus on library titles. But really I think BB screwed itself when it decided to adopt the current non-late-fee late-fee. And once on-demand cable and satellite systems really start to take off and can lower their prices I seriously doubt that blockbuster would be able to maintain its current size, unless it manages to pull its act together regarding the videogame business and make that profitable. The gaming market in the US is just going to keep growing for another couple of decades so if their business is able to substantially grow in retailing and keep the rental services as a way to underwrite that business, they might just survive in good form.

or something. I'm going to stop rambling now.[/QUOTE]

Excellent analysis... I know that I, personally, have only rented 1 movie in the last few years and am always surprised at how many people are renting movies when I'm in a BB (of course I'm looking at the games). And I only did that one rental because I had credit from game trades and it was a movie I was sure I didn't want to own (Shark Tale). I just buy whatever DVDs I have any interest in seeing (mostly for the kids). But that's just me :D.

But on the other hand I have almost single-handedly propped up the game preorder quota at one GR (though not as much as Engineer_J!).

[quote name='aaa']Does anyone know how much Madden 2006 gets? I have it on preorder, but since I don't have my xbox anymore, I will trade that and 2 more games in.[/QUOTE]

$43.75 if you trade those three to get the +25%, $35 if you trade it alone. Im sure its going to drop lower by next week, so you should trade it in asap.

Made a run to Gamerush tonight, here is what I traded (includes 25% bonus - all Xbox)

Fable - $10
Demon Stone - $17.50
Lego Star Wars - $25
KOTOR II - $19.69
Fight Night Round II - $37.50
SC:CT - $22.50
Wrestlemania 21 - $37.50
BG: Dark Alliance II - $15.63
Sid Meier's Pirates - $31.25
Brothers in Arms - $15.63
Total - $232.20

I was shocked that both Wrestlemania and Fight Night were both so high

Preorders:
Spartan Total Warrior
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Shattered Union*
Heroes of the Pacific
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
Rainbow Six: Lockdown

(*Shattered Unions rang up as $29.99 so they allowed me a 6th preorder)

The manager has a caribbean accent and commented to the other employee how I always have nice disks when I come in...his pronunciation of disks came out as diks

I'm going to bring up an entirely new topic now. Hope no one minds :D.

A while back on CAG (probably not on the GR thread) someone commented about getting a rare game by renting it and then keeping it (and paying whatever BB charged to do so). People had very mixed reactions to that.

I had forgotten about it until I was in GR the other day asking about Lego Star Wars for GBA. Sure, it isn't a rare game by any means, but I'd been waiting for GR to get them in. They only ever got one copy to sell and never get in any used copies. The GR employee suggested I rent it and keep it. So, is this normal procedure for games? I know they advertise it in store for movies.

I'm not going to do it for Lego Star Wars but I was thinking of doing it for another Star Wars game - Jedi Outcast for Gamecube. I cannot find this game anywhere. My local BB has it for rent. I was about to do it the other night but when she brought the disc out it was scratched to hell. She said the charge for the game would be $25 - which isn't too bad (in BB credit) compared to prices on eBay. She said you could come back and get the original case/manual later as well.

The reason I am bringing this up is that she wasn't entirely sure you could do this for games as opposed to movies. Is this a perfectly legit thing to do in BB/GR's eyes? There are 2 copies at my GR but they are ALWAYS out so I'm thinking someone may have already done this there :D. But I'll keep checking and hope they are in better condition than the BB one. (By the way, what the hell do people DO to these games!?).

[quote name='h2dk']Made a run to Gamerush tonight, here is what I traded (includes 25% bonus - all Xbox)

The manager has a caribbean accent and commented to the other employee how I always have nice disks when I come in...his pronunciation of disks came out as diks[/QUOTE]

Hey, they aren't any nicer than the ones I bring in! :D
Good to hear they are still allowing both deals at once. I'm going to go in again soon and do a few more before they change their minds.

[quote name='io']
The reason I am bringing this up is that she wasn't entirely sure you could do this for games as opposed to movies. Is this a perfectly legit thing to do in BB/GR's eyes? [/QUOTE]

yea u can "rent to own" games

[quote name='io'](By the way, what the hell do people DO to these games!?).[/QUOTE]

I think people scratch the hell out of the rental copy so no one else can have the satisfaction to play it. Of course thats just my opinion.

[quote name='Americanpierg']$43.75 if you trade those three to get the +25%, $35 if you trade it alone. Im sure its going to drop lower by next week, so you should trade it in asap.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info. That is awesome that I can get so much. I am making a $20 profit on the game since I only payed around $23.xx with the deal out of pocket.

Do I need 3 games to get an extra 25%, or can I just trade in 1 game? I don't have any games to trade right now, but I will just try to find 2 games at Best Buy or Toys R Us. I would trade in 2 ds games, but I need them for my trip in the next week.

[quote name='Americanpierg']yea u can "rent to own" games[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I'll keep looking at GR to see if they get their copies back in. Maybe one of those hasn't been used for target practice.

[quote name='io']Shrike, where ARRRREEE YOOOUUUU!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Some people need to PM when there's something amiss. :rofl:

And at the time of your post, io, I was dead to the world and sleeping. ;)

Does anyone know when the bonus 25% is over? I looked at the first post and it did not say anything about the deal. Also has anyone in MI had luck getting the +25% and pre-order for 29.99 to work? I usually go to the Canton and Brighton GR.

[quote name='aaa']Do I need 3 games to get an extra 25%, or can I just trade in 1 game? I don't have any games to trade right now, but I will just try to find 2 games at Best Buy or Toys R Us. I would trade in 2 ds games, but I need them for my trip in the next week.[/QUOTE]

You need to trade in 3 games to get the extra 25%, and all three has to sell for at least 7.99 used.

[quote name='jkircos']Does anyone know when the bonus 25% is over? I looked at the first post and it did not say anything about the deal. Also has anyone in MI had luck getting the +25% and pre-order for 29.99 to work? I usually go to the Canton and Brighton GR.[/QUOTE]

I asked on the first day and I think they told me some time in late Sept. Since they usually end on a Monday I'll say Sept. 26th. But we should get confirmation fro drfrielgood hopefully. As for the preorder deal, they just said (after looking at their map) that it was "ongoing" (no end date).

Anyone know hou much Ico gets at GR?

Also, when does the trade 2 thing end? I want to trade in R&C UYA before it goes GH;of ocurse I gotta beat it first.

[quote name='io']I asked on the first day and I think they told me some time in late Sept. Since they usually end on a Monday I'll say Sept. 26th. But we should get confirmation fro drfrielgood hopefully. As for the preorder deal, they just said (after looking at their map) that it was "ongoing" (no end date).[/QUOTE]

Thats good. I am really hoping I can preorder XBOX 360 games for $30 with the trade 2 deal.

I just called my Gamerush, and they said that I can preorder xbox 360 games AND double dip. :bouncy: I hope that this stays once I go in.

[quote name='aaa']Thats good. I am really hoping I can preorder XBOX 360 games for $30 with the trade 2 deal.

I just called my Gamerush, and they said that I can preorder xbox 360 games AND double dip. :bouncy: I hope that this stays once I go in.[/QUOTE]

Wow... I'll have to ask at mine. If I can do that I might actually consider getting an Xbox 360, which otherwise I had no intention of getting. I do want to play Oblivion though... I'll try to drop a preorder on that before I decide though. Can always trade it back in :D.

I asked about preordering Xbox 360 games a few weeks back and they told me not yet - but I think they misunderstood and thought I was talking about the system. After all, they have sheets to hand out with the Xbox 360 game preorder list on them :D.

[quote name='Ravenous']Anyone know hou much Ico gets at GR?

Also, when does the trade 2 thing end? I want to trade in R&C UYA before it goes GH;of ocurse I gotta beat it first.[/QUOTE]

I think ico gets around $3 since they sell it for 9.99 used

You people are lucky with the 360 pre-orders. My store would NOT let me do it...oh well. I did pre-order Quake4 for XBOX, and its only coming out for 360, so we'll see if they switch it for me. Maybe I'll try again today....I have a few more game I want to trade in before they go down in value.

Anyone trade in: (looking for prices)
Tony Hawk REmix PSP
Midnight Club 3 XBOX

[quote name='doubledown']You people are lucky with the 360 pre-orders. My store would NOT let me do it...oh well. I did pre-order Quake4 for XBOX, and its only coming out for 360, so we'll see if they switch it for me. Maybe I'll try again today....I have a few more game I want to trade in before they go down in value.

Anyone trade in: (looking for prices)
Tony Hawk REmix PSP
Midnight Club 3 XBOX[/QUOTE]

Midnight Club 3 was getting $25 3 weeks ago at GR. THUG 2:Remix was getting $28 a month ago. They might of changed though.

[quote name='andrew333']anyone in southern california have the 25% deal available to them?[/QUOTE]

West Covina, CA Gamerush is doing it. But they won't pricematch trade in prices anymore.

[quote name='RandyTsai']West Covina, CA Gamerush is doing it. But they won't pricematch trade in prices anymore.[/QUOTE]

interesting, i can't imagine why west covina, ca will do it and venice, ca will not -- color me annoyed :)

When I went to GameRush today to buy Conker, the store manager told me that they discontinued the trade 3 get extra 25% deal as of this weekend. They now have a new revised one where you have to trade in 4 games and you get 15% extra credit per game. The games have to sell for $7.99 or more, like the previous deal. Is this happening anywhere else? I guess they already started seeing people start to abuse it.

I went to the store in riverside, CA and they had the flyer with the extra 25% on it, it was dated august 9th. they also still have displays with the 30 preorder deal up. I'm gonna try them on monday.

[quote name='enronaccountant']When I went to GameRush today to buy Conker, the store manager told me that they discontinued the trade 3 get extra 25% deal as of this weekend. They now have a new revised one where you have to trade in 4 games and you get 15% extra credit per game. The games have to sell for $7.99 or more, like the previous deal. Is this happening anywhere else? I guess they already started seeing people start to abuse it.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Drfrielgood didn't mention anything about this so it must be specfic to your store or area. Bumping it from 3 to 4 games doesn't bother me, since I'd do 4 anyway to get 2 preorders at the same time. The $7.99 thing is no big deal either, but a bit wierd. It is hard to"abuse" getting an extra 25 cents on your $1 trade-in :D. Not like you can flip those or anything. Bumping it down to 15% sucks, of course, but is better than cancelling it. Seems you can only abuse it on high priced games, but they don't limit those... I just want to use it to trade in some games I was marginal on trading in the first place. That extra 25% was an incentive to bring a few of those in.

With the TRU sale hitting 50% tomorrow, here are some games I had questions about. The following wll be $5: GC Batman Vengeance, GC Rocky, GC Intellivision Lives, GC Disney PK Into the Shadows, PS2 Trivial Pursuit Unhinged. GBA Iridion II will be $7.50. And our old favorite Nightmare of Druaga will be $10. Anyone know what that gets now? There are many other cheap games at TRU, like Drake, Turok, etc, but most of those are $1 or $1.50 trades at GR and not worth it. Some of those obscure GC titles might be worth $7 or $8 though. If anyone finds out about these please post here. I may stop into GR tomorrow and ask about them - also to find out if they've tinkered with the 25% bonus.

Edit - checking out the latest EB POX list that I have (which is a few weeks old), it looks like GC Batman Vengeance, GC Rocky, and PS2 Trivial Pursuit are PO (thus qualifying for trade-in deals) at EB games - so I'll pick those up in any case. If the trade values at GR are next to squat I can use them at EB. GC Intell, and GC Disney PK are POX though.

By the way, I moved 3 more el-cheapos from GR to EB today. With Buy 2 Get 1 Free, I got PS2 Crazy Taxi, PS2 Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, and GC Rogue Leader all for $14 in GR trade credit. I added a $5 Bad Boys from Best Buy and put down a preorder for NASCAR 2006 at EB. I hope to switch that to Zelda or something else later, but we'll see. If not, I can probably trade it into GR and get my expenses back plus a little extra.

[quote name='io']
With the TRU sale hitting 50% tomorrow, here are some games I had questions about. The following wll be $5: GC Batman Vengeance, GC Rocky, GC Intellivision Lives, GC Disney PK Into the Shadows, PS2 Trivial Pursuit Unhinged. GBA Iridion II will be $7.50. And our old favorite Nightmare of Druaga will be $10. Anyone know what that gets now? There are many other cheap games at TRU, like Drake, Turok, etc, but most of those are $1 or $1.50 trades at GR and not worth it. Some of those obscure GC titles might be worth $7 or $8 though. If anyone finds out about these please post here. .[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. One contender I spotted on the green tag list is Xbox Kung Fu Chaos. With the 50% off at TRU, it costs $5, and someone reported getting $10 for it at Gamerush last week.

no flamming please, but how does walmart's no receipt policy work? How many games can you give them at a time and how many copy of a game? I wanna transfer my gamerush credit over.

[quote name='Americanpierg']no flamming please, but how does walmart's no receipt policy work? How many games can you give them at a time and how many copy of a game? I wanna transfer my gamerush credit over.[/QUOTE]

That most likely won't work... from what I've heard, most Walmarts only accept just a few no reciept returns every few months per person. It's unlikely you'd be able to transfer any significant amount of money that way. (Not to mention you'll be trampling around in some fairly gray areas).

OK, looks like no one else tried any of the TRU games at GR, so I'll report my findings.

First, some games I just asked about but didn't trade in. Batman Vengeance for GC gets $5, PS2 Get On Da Mic gets $3, and PS2 Powerdrome gets $7.

The 25% bonus is still active at my store. And they allow preorders with it still. Interestingly enough, they do not take ANY Xbox 360 game preorders (with the preorder deal or even without). They said they are waiting on pricing info. I specifically asked about games, twice, so they didn't think I was asking about just the system.

On the way home I checked a regular BB and they DO NOT have the 25% bonus deal. That is interesting in that all the ones around here did the $5 bonus deal.

I got the following, shown without the 25% bonus since it seems YMMV (none some places, 15% others, etc):

CG - NHL 2005: $14
GC - PoP WW: $14
GBA - Iridion II: $10
PS2 - Trivial Pursuit Unhinged: $8
PS2 - KOF: MI: $20

and

are you ready for it?

I mean REALLY ready for it?

PS2 - Nightmare of Druaga: $20

I went on a run to Toys R Us and didn't find much besides Trivial Pursuit and Iridion II. They had Nightmare of Druaga though as well. On whim I got 1 - I figured even at $12 it would be OK with the bonus. Then I stopped by CC and found another KOF:MI on the shelf and noticed, that they too have a few more Druagas, but I didn't buy any there.

So, lo and behold, they've bumped Druaga back up. Wasn't that down to $12? Yesterday at CC I picked up the NHL 2005 for GC I had returned a few weeks ago because becase it was only getting $12.25. Now that's back up to $14, which is where it was a few months ago.

I came to a rather obvious conclusion - they had dropped the prices for most of the CC clearance games temporarily in response to that specific sale (I remember getting a quote on Baten Kaitos of only $8 during the 1st or 2nd week of the CC sale and passed it up - it jumped back to $14 later). But now that it is pretty much over, they've bumped most of them back up again. Very interesting.

Edit - forgot to say what I preordered!
PSP - LOTR Tactics
GC - Hulk (yeah, I know I said I would skip it, but the KOF:MI find allowed me to splurge!)
NDS - Sonic Rush

LOTR Tactics and Sonic Rush are $39.99 games, Hulk is $49.99.

They still do not have Mario Party 7 or Super Mario Strikers in the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back