Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

Also, to answer my own question about the rent to own deal, they obviously allow and even encourage it. They did have GC Jedi Knight II:Jedi Outcast at GR. I rented it for $6.99, and right there on the receipt it says "Own it for only $18 more". So that settles it, I'm keeping this one. They had 2 anyway, and this one was the least abused of the 2 :D. I'll make sure it works, and then head back in for the case (no manual unfortunately) in a few weeks.

Also, I went searching through the used games at GR for more to trade in to EB and came up empty this time. I KNOW there were several PS2 Crazy Taxi and Starsky & Hutch there a few days ago. So this tells me 1 of 2 things: either GR really goes through alot of their stock of cheap games pretty quickly, or people have been lurking on this thread and picking up the same games for the same reason I am :D. In either case, it is good business for GR.

[quote name='io']OK, looks like no one else tried any of the TRU games at GR, so I'll report my findings.

First, some games I just asked about but didn't trade in. Batman Vengeance for GC gets $5, PS2 Get On Da Mic gets $3, and PS2 Powerdrome gets $7.

The 25% bonus is still active at my store. And they allow preorders with it still. Interestingly enough, they do not take ANY Xbox 360 game preorders (with the preorder deal or even without). They said they are waiting on pricing info. I specifically asked about games, twice, so they didn't think I was asking about just the system.

On the way home I checked a regular BB and they DO NOT have the 25% bonus deal. That is interesting in that all the ones around here did the $5 bonus deal.

I got the following, shown without the 25% bonus since it seems YMMV (none some places, 15% others, etc):

CG - NHL 2005: $14
GC - PoP WW: $14
GBA - Iridion II: $10
PS2 - Trivial Pursuit Unhinged: $8
PS2 - KOF: MI: $20

and

are you ready for it?

I mean REALLY ready for it?

PS2 - Nightmare of Druaga: $20

I went on a run to Toys R Us and didn't find much besides Trivial Pursuit and Iridion II. They had Nightmare of Druaga though as well. On whim I got 1 - I figured even at $12 it would be OK with the bonus. Then I stopped by CC and found another KOF:MI on the shelf and noticed, that they too have a few more Druagas, but I didn't buy any there.

So, lo and behold, they've bumped Druaga back up. Wasn't that down to $12? Yesterday at CC I picked up the NHL 2005 for GC I had returned a few weeks ago because becase it was only getting $12.25. Now that's back up to $14, which is where it was a few months ago.

I came to a rather obvious conclusion - they had dropped the prices for most of the CC clearance games temporarily in response to that specific sale (I remember getting a quote on Baten Kaitos of only $8 during the 1st or 2nd week of the CC sale and passed it up - it jumped back to $14 later). But now that it is pretty much over, they've bumped most of them back up again. Very interesting..[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, io. I picked up an Iridion II for $7.50, so it's worth trading in for a pre-order. Ooh, Trivial pursuit gets $8 eh, might swing buy and grab 1 (or 2) of those too, looks like I'll be adding that Suffering sequel to my pre-order list.
Last time I checked, Druaga was getting $15.75. As well as your theory about them knowing about the CC sale, you've got to figure that people must be buying these used copies from GR. Why else would they keep bumping the price up?

Traded the following Saturday (without 25%/with):

Metal Arms PS2 - $3/$3.75
Nightmare of Druaga - $20/$25
Astro Boy PS2 - $8/$10

Used it to preorder X-Men Legends 2.

Picked up three games for $14 (Max Payne 2 PS2, Prysm PS2, and Starksy & Hutch PS2) to use towards Madden at EB, since it'll trade back at $43.75 after bonus. Did that trade after picking up MAT1 PS2 and Bad Boys 2 PS2 at Best Buy.

Now I just need to figure out what to preorder on my next trip. :)

[quote name='nakanenui']does anyone know what ncaa football 06 is getting. madden 06 is getting 35.[/QUOTE]

According to the flyer, $28 before bonus, $35 after.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Thanks for the info, io. I picked up an Iridion II for $7.50, so it's worth trading in for a pre-order. Ooh, Trivial pursuit gets $8 eh, might swing buy and grab 1 (or 2) of those too, looks like I'll be adding that Suffering sequel to my pre-order list.
Last time I checked, Druaga was getting $15.75. As well as your theory about them knowing about the CC sale, you've got to figure that people must be buying these used copies from GR. Why else would they keep bumping the price up?[/QUOTE]

The sad thing is that I've got yet another great source for games (CC clearance again, and the new TRU 50% sale) and yet not much left to preorder. For a while I was scraping games together that didn't fetch much because I was worried they'd pull the preorder deal like last time. Then they throw this 25% bonus at us. It's just too much! I could just build up credit again (and not preorder) but I don't want to push my luck with too many Druaga's or Trivial Pursuit's :D. That's why it is too bad normal BB's don't have the 25% bonus.

lol...wouldnt be much more beneficial to get a second part time job...i mean, even 10 dollars an hour sure beats all the trips and game trading and whatnot.

[quote name='Americanpierg']lol...wouldnt be much more beneficial to get a second part time job...i mean, even 10 dollars an hour sure beats all the trips and game trading and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

You don't get it - it's not about the money, it's about the hunt (for cheap games and deals that is) :D. The only thing that suffers is my actual time playing games - I spend more time trying to get them and talk about it on here than actually playing them.

And besides, aren't you the one that talked about taking things to Walmart for credit? THAT seems way more trouble than it is worth, what with Walmart being as crowded and dirty as it usually is (not to mention the shady aspects JSweeney alluded to) :D. Trips to GR and CC/Best Buy/TRU are pretty easy for me where I live, and generally get done during other errands, or on trips to the Mall with the kids.

I just called my local GameRush. Some games that are $5 at TRU trade in for good money at GR.

PowerPuff Girls: Relish Rampage (GC)- $12.50 trade-in at GR- $5 at TRU
Kung-Fu Chaos (XB)- $8 trade-in- $5 at TRU
Demon Stone (PS2)- $8 trade-in- $5 at TRU

AND GET THIS!
-
-
-
-
-

Medabots: Infinity (GC)- $20 trade-in- $5 at TRU!!!

I'm stopping by my local TRU today, and picking up some copies of Medabots and NoD (PS2). LoZ: TP and Fire Emblem: PoR, here I come! And for only $20 plus tax. *Sigh* I love you CAG!

[quote name='aoLat']I just called my local GameRush. Some games that are $5 at TRU trade in for good money at GR.

PowerPuff Girls: Relish Rampage (GC)- $12.50 trade-in at GR- $5 at TRU
Kung-Fu Chaos (XB)- $8 trade-in- $5 at TRU
Demon Stone (PS2)- $8 trade-in- $5 at TRU

AND GET THIS!
-
-
-
-
-

I'm stopping by my local TRU today, and picking up some copies of Medabots and NoD (PS2). LoZ: TP and Fire Emblem: PoR, here I come! And for only $20 plus tax. *Sigh* I love you CAG![/QUOTE]

Didn't know about Demon Stone - I saw a few of those when I was there. I can't complain really, since I found another KOF:MI and Druaga, but I wish I could find a Medabots at my TRU's. They say they haven't had any in a LONG time. Would be nice to use as a trade diversifier.

Just a warning about Fire Emblem: PoR. They DO NOT have it in the system, unless it was added just this week. They have Sacred Stones, at $29.99, listed under Gamecube. So until they clear it up we can't really preorder it, unless your GR will switch it for you when the real one comes in.

No Fire Emblem: PoR? :( I'll have to wait until it's in the system at my GR. Hopefully by the time it's in the system the sale hasn't ended and Medabots: Infinity hasn't dropped in trade-in price yet. Oh well, if worse comes to worse I'll just order Battlefield 2: MC for XB along with LoZ: TP for GC. But I really want Fire Emblem for GC so we'll see. :)

[quote name='io']You don't get it - it's not about the money, it's about the hunt (for cheap games and deals that is) :D. The only thing that suffers is my actual time playing games - I spend more time trying to get them and talk about it on here than actually playing them.

And besides, aren't you the one that talked about taking things to Walmart for credit? THAT seems way more trouble than it is worth, what with Walmart being as crowded and dirty as it usually is (not to mention the shady aspects JSweeney alluded to) :D. Trips to GR and CC/Best Buy/TRU are pretty easy for me where I live, and generally get done during other errands, or on trips to the Mall with the kids.[/QUOTE]

haha fair enough

I just traded in the following and pre-ordered Far Cry Instincts:

Galleon (Xbox) - $20 ($10 at TRU)
Nightmare Of Druaga (PS2) - $15.25 ($10 at TRU)

Both of those prices are the standard price before the extra 25%.

I also found a couple of nice finds in the used Playstation rack. I got a minty fresh Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo that looks like it was just opened up to trade in. It still has the security sticker on it and the disc doesn't look like it was ever touched. Along with that, there was a mint copy of Metal Slug X. Both were priced at $4.99 and I added an Earthworm Jim for GBC to get the buy 2 get 1 free. When I opened up the Metal Slug, it turns out that there was actually a Japanese import of Gradius in the case instead of the Metal Slug disc. This was actually fine by me because I already had a disc only copy of Metal Slug, so it was like getting an import game for really cheap and getting myself a complete copy of Metal Slug X. :)

Has anyone attempted/had any trouble switching a preorder yet? I think the only remaining games I'd like to preorder are X-Men Legends 2 and Mario Superstar Baseball, but I figure I could just preorder whatever else my credit allowed for me and switch it in the next few months when/if something else pops up.

I think most stores will allow you to switch pre-orders with no problem. Although, when I tried to cancel a pre-order (one I got with the trade 2, get $30 deal), they only would give my $30 back

[quote name='Americanpierg']haha fair enough[/QUOTE]

I might be wrong, but I believe that it is illegal reselling games to Walmart w/o receipts after buying them from a different store. It might only be in some states, but I know that has been brought up before.

Does Toys R Us sell KOF:MI and NightMare of Druaga for Green Tag? It sucks that I am out of games to sell to GR, and what sucks more is that I sold around 5 KOF:MI, 3 Nightmare of Druagas, and 2 POP:WW. I got $132, if I kept them, I would of gotten $205, and been preorder 5 games for $30. Ah well. You win some you lose some. I will probably be on a break with gamerush until XBOX 360. (I have probably said that I am taking a break for months several times, never lasted more than a week :lol: ) There is nothing to trade at GR for a profit these days. I will just be figuring out what to do with all of my preorders.

[quote name='doubledown']I think most stores will allow you to switch pre-orders with no problem. Although, when I tried to cancel a pre-order (one I got with the trade 2, get $30 deal), they only would give my $30 back[/QUOTE]

Hmm... so some caution then, if I don't want to get stuck with a preorder for a game I definitely don't want.

[quote name='aaa']
Does Toys R Us sell KOF:MI and NightMare of Druaga for Green Tag? It sucks that I am out of games to sell to GR, and what sucks more is that I sold around 5 KOF:MI, 3 Nightmare of Druagas, and 2 POP:WW. I got $132, if I kept them, I would of gotten $205, and been preorder 5 games for $30. Ah well. You win some you lose some. I will probably be on a break with gamerush until XBOX 360. (I have probably said that I am taking a break for months several times, never lasted more than a week :lol: ) There is nothing to trade at GR for a profit these days. I will just be figuring out what to do with all of my preorders.[/QUOTE]

TRU has Druaga green-tagged. It is $9.99 after the discount.

Shipwreck - you only got $15.25 for Druaga? I got $20 for it yesterday. I hope it didn't make a Monday drop. I'll find out in a few minutes as I'm taking one to a regular BB.

[quote name='io']TRU has Druaga green-tagged. It is $9.99 after the discount.

Shipwreck - you only got $15.25 for Druaga? I got $20 for it yesterday. I hope it didn't make a Monday drop. I'll find out in a few minutes as I'm taking one to a regular BB.[/QUOTE]

If they have any Druaga at my TRU I'll be trading it over tonight so I will post my price here as well.

[quote name='botticus']If they have any Druaga at my TRU I'll be trading it over tonight so I will post my price here as well.[/QUOTE]

Just confirmed it - Draga gets $15.75 now. Hmmm... Just like the drop from Sunday to Monday on KOF:MI when it went on clearance at CC. Druaga would still be good with the 25% bonus - but I bet if you wait 4 or 5 weeks it will be back up to $20 again :D.

[quote name='aoLat']

AND GET THIS!

[/QUOTE]

Lol...looks like we've found the new Echo Night Beyond! Couldn't find this one at my TRU though, oh well I will make do with Iridion and Trivial Pursuit for now.

I may have to check out my Toys R Us. I still have a few games to trade in at GameRush, just running out of Pre-Orders....I may have to settle for some $40 PSP/XBOX games (NHL 06 maybe)

[quote name='aoLat']Demon Stone (PS2)- $8 trade-in- $5 at TRU
[/QUOTE]

According to the list I have, Demon Stone would be $10 at TRU (people on the TRU thread have said this as well). I'll see when I go out to TRU later today.

[quote name='io']Just confirmed it - Draga gets $15.75 now. Hmmm... Just like the drop from Sunday to Monday on KOF:MI when it went on clearance at CC. Druaga would still be good with the 25% bonus - but I bet if you wait 4 or 5 weeks it will be back up to $20 again :D.[/QUOTE]

remember prices vary from location to location, i am still burned up about gt4 getting 28 most places except my own (20.25)

[quote name='andrew333']remember prices vary from location to location, i am still burned up about gt4 getting 28 most places except my own (20.25)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it dropped here from $20 to $15.75 from yesterday to today - unless my local GR and regular BB have different prices - that seems unlikely though. Before it had only been in CA that prices were different :D.

[quote name='shipwreck']I just traded in the following and pre-ordered Far Cry Instincts:

Galleon (Xbox) - $20 ($10 at TRU)
Nightmare Of Druaga (PS2) - $15.25 ($10 at TRU)

Both of those prices are the standard price before the extra 25%.

I also found a couple of nice finds in the used Playstation rack. I got a minty fresh Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo that looks like it was just opened up to trade in. It still has the security sticker on it and the disc doesn't look like it was ever touched. Along with that, there was a mint copy of Metal Slug X. Both were priced at $4.99 and I added an Earthworm Jim for GBC to get the buy 2 get 1 free. When I opened up the Metal Slug, it turns out that there was actually a Japanese import of Gradius in the case instead of the Metal Slug disc. This was actually fine by me because I already had a disc only copy of Metal Slug, so it was like getting an import game for really cheap and getting myself a complete copy of Metal Slug X. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm envious of your Puzzle Fighter find... I actually owned that game when it came out years ago and sold it with my PS1, not knowing it was going to be so hard to find again. I have a, er, "unofficial" copy for Dreamcast, but it's just not the same.

[quote name='aaa']I might be wrong, but I believe that it is illegal reselling games to Walmart w/o receipts after buying them from a different store. It might only be in some states, but I know that has been brought up before.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it has something to do with misrepresenting the item you're returning. I think it's actually considered fraud, but I'm not totally sure.

To the guy who originally asked about Wal-Mart: they will allow you to return three games in a period of either six months or a year before they cut you off. I haven't done it myself, but I know others who have. I do know from experience that if you return anything worth more than $50 and you don't have an original receipt, the cashier must get a manager's approval and you'll only get store credit, not cash or a credit to your card.

Just don't mess around with taking things back to Wal-Mart. It's not worth it.

[quote name='io']Just confirmed it - Draga gets $15.75 now. Hmmm... Just like the drop from Sunday to Monday on KOF:MI when it went on clearance at CC. Druaga would still be good with the 25% bonus - but I bet if you wait 4 or 5 weeks it will be back up to $20 again :D.[/QUOTE]

Ah well, no Druaga at my TRU anyway. It sells for $35 at GR used, hence the ridiculous trade-in. Here's my journey:

Trade after 25%:
Powerpuff Girls: $12.50 (this dropped)
Harvest Moon: Another: $18.75
Medabots Infinity: $25
Total: $56.25.

Max Payne 2 only retails at $6.99, bastards. So I was advised to go over to Gamestop to get another. Played it safe and got Soul Calibur 2 for PS2 ($12), traded that back in for $7 so it wasn't a bad choice... better than getting stuck with another game I dont want. I'll just have to trade MP2 in for whatever crap it gets, or get a few other PO games and do an EB deal.

Preordered:
X-Men Legends 2 (GC)
Mario Superstar Baseball

Funny side note:
On my way out the first time, the other GR employee in the store asked to see the games I traded in. When I returned from Gamestop, I was outted as a CAG and it was correctly guessed I picked up those games from TRU, all in good fun. So a shout out to my fellow Cleveland-area CAG.

Traded in:

Driv3r - $5
Trivial Pursuit - $8
Conker: L&R - $30
Mario Party 6 - $25

Pre-ordered:

GUN (Xbox) and Radiata Stories (PS2).

I called all the GR around me and none would give me the +25% and do the pre-order deal. Also traded in 5 games (Rocky, Trivial Pursiut, Batman, Starky and Hutch and Bad Boys) to EB for the new Zelda. Intellivision: Lives is only $3 at GR and POX at EB.

Just got back from my GR in Farmington. Really cool, calm guy there that rang up my trade-ins. I traded in:

Nightmare of Druaga x2- $15.75 each
.hack// infection Part 1- $5
Socom II- $8
MGS3: SE- $10
Manhunt- $3
Final Fantasy X- $5
DDRMAX- $8

For a total of $70.50. I pre-ordered LoZ: TP and Battlefield 2: MC. For about $9 out of pocket I got two new games. :D I have a feeling I should have kept Manhunt though because I had $6.90 left over, and it traded in for $3. I loved that game. :(

Edit: Fire Emblem for GC still isn't in their system yet. :(

Here's a couple N64 price drops I noticed:
Pokemon Stadium - $2.99
Star Fox 64 - $0.99

Also, Turok Evolution is down to $2.99 now.

Still no end date on the preorder deal, extra 25% deal ends September 12th, I believe.

what TRU clearance games are getting the most bang for the buck at GR?

Got Tiger wood 06 Xbox today (preorder)

for

SW Ep3 -$30
Tiger woods 03 - $1 (cheap bastards).

[quote name='enronaccountant']When I went to GameRush today to buy Conker, the store manager told me that they discontinued the trade 3 get extra 25% deal as of this weekend. They now have a new revised one where you have to trade in 4 games and you get 15% extra credit per game. The games have to sell for $7.99 or more, like the previous deal. Is this happening anywhere else? I guess they already started seeing people start to abuse it.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone have information regarding this? Is this true? It's odd that BB would end a promotion in less than a week.

[quote name='VA']Does anyone have information regarding this? Is this true? It's odd that BB would end a promotion in less than a week.[/QUOTE]

The store i ahem "participate" in still has the 25% deal, along with every single other gamerushes around here, except the one on gratiot cuz the manager lady there feels like she has to be the big person and call her own shots with her own deals.

Either that gamerush is pulling your tail or its one of those oddball ones that makes up their own promotions instore.

More trade-in values, with and without the extra 25%, which is still in effect at my local Game Rushes...

PSP Ridge Racer: $22/$27.50
PSP MLB: $22/$27.50
PSP Lumines: $22/$27.50

Xbox Advent Rising $20.25/$25.31

[quote name='shipwreck']Just to update, I traded in another Galleon (Xbox) today and it is still worth $20 before the extra 25%.[/QUOTE]

Damn, running out of things to preorder cheap, though I suppose if I bypass the usual renting before buying an unknown game, I could at least get the expected $35 on an immediate trade-in if I don't like something. Still not bad for $15 or $20 in purchases. Or I might have to think about just building up some credit... damn Gamerush for being so far away when gas prices suck.

Nightmare Druaga is available online at Amazon/TRU for the green tag price ($10) in case your local TRU has no stock, i.e. me. But that trade-in is dampened a bit with shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...648242-5146452?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

Now I just need to get my woman to play Harvest Moon tonight so I can either add it to or remove it from the potential trade-in list.

Went to GR in Riverside, CA last night. Told me they no longer have the trade 2 get a pre-order for $29.99. Now it is trade 3 or more (that sell for $7.99 or more) and you get an extra 25%. Was dissapointing I couldn't do the pre-order deal anymore, but oh well I got the games cheap regardless.

Trade in

GBA - Legend of Zelda - Minish Cap for $15
Xbox - SW: Republic Commando $25.31
Xbox - Batman Begins (2 copies) $25

Total was $90.31 I just kept it on a card and will most likely just put it towards a 360.

Well, I traded in 3 games today...they would not let me combine deals. Traded in
Tony Hawk (PSP)
MC3 (XBOX)
ESPN NBA 2K5

Got $6X.XX in credit....pre-ordered X-MEN Legends II for PSP

Thanks for the info on Galleon. I will trade in Madden 2006, Darkwatch, Galleon, and another cheaper game.

[quote name='DarkCovers']Went to GR in Riverside, CA last night. Told me they no longer have the trade 2 get a pre-order for $29.99. Now it is trade 3 or more (that sell for $7.99 or more) and you get an extra 25%. Was dissapointing I couldn't do the pre-order deal anymore, but oh well I got the games cheap regardless.

Trade in

GBA - Legend of Zelda - Minish Cap for $15
Xbox - SW: Republic Commando $25.31
Xbox - Batman Begins (2 copies) $25

Total was $90.31 I just kept it on a card and will most likely just put it towards a 360.[/QUOTE]

Is this true? I was about to go dump some cheap games off at Gamerush to do the 29.99 PO deal on Mario Baseball.

[quote name='Roufuss']Is this true? I was about to go dump some cheap games off at Gamerush to do the 29.99 PO deal on Mario Baseball.[/QUOTE]

Do it. Should still be good. Sounds like that one GR might have cancelled it - or he simply might have gotten a clerk who misunderstood the deals and thought the 25% bonus replaced the preorder deal, when really both are current (though YMMV on whether you can combine them). Though it is Tuesday so I suppose it is possible they cancelled the preorder deal early - but it seems no one here had any advance notice about it and several of us, including drfrielgood, specifically checked the end date of the preorder deal. It appeared to be "ongoing", with no specific end date - though that means, of course, they could just end it at any time.

So give it a try, Roufuss, and let us know - we'd need a few more data points to be sure it really has ended (or not).

Hmmm... I was going to go into GR today but decided to put it off until tomorrow. Now I'm curious - might have to head up there tonight.

[quote name='io']Do it. Should still be good. Sounds like that one GR might have cancelled it - or he simply might have gotten a clerk who misunderstood the deals and thought the 25% bonus replaced the preorder deal, when really both are current (though YMMV on whether you can combine them). Though it is Tuesday so I suppose it is possible they cancelled the preorder deal early - but it seems no one here had any advance notice about it and several of us, including drfrielgood, specifically checked the end date of the preorder deal. It appeared to be "ongoing", with no specific end date - though that means, of course, they could just end it at any time.

So give it a try, Roufuss, and let us know - we'd need a few more data points to be sure it really has ended (or not).

Hmmm... I was going to go into GR today but decided to put it off until tomorrow. Now I'm curious - might have to head up there tonight.[/QUOTE]

Haha, call them and ask so I don't have to call them :p

I haven't gone into GR for awhile since they threaten to ban me and close my account... but I picked up two not so good games at CC for 10 each, so this is an easy way to get 10 back for both of them + extra credit.

When I do the trade in deal, do I need to put any hard money down, or is just the games enough?

[quote name='Roufuss']Haha, call them and ask so I don't have to call them :p

I haven't gone into GR for awhile since they threaten to ban me and close my account... but I picked up two not so good games at CC for 10 each, so this is an easy way to get 10 back for both of them + extra credit.

When I do the trade in deal, do I need to put any hard money down, or is just the games enough?[/QUOTE]

Well, I would but calling is YMMV - I'd really have to go in and talk to the 2 or 3 people there - I'd probably just get a quick answer (probably yes, both deals are good, over the phone). Besides, I'm lazy with phone stuff. I also wanted to go in to look for more EB trade fodder anyway, so I wouldn't be going up there just to ask a question :D.

Not sure what you mean about the money down... If the 2 games are worth $30 then your preorder will be fully paid for. If not, you'll have to pony up cash or credit to make up the difference. But surely you've done this before??

[quote name='io']
Not sure what you mean about the money down... If the 2 games are worth $30 then your preorder will be fully paid for. If not, you'll have to pony up cash or credit to make up the difference. But surely you've done this before??[/QUOTE]

I never did the preorder deal... we didn't have a GR the first time it hit (or we did and I just didn't know). And I haven't gone in since my incident there.

I was wondering if say I trade in two games and get Mario Baseball for 29.99, and the two games trade in for 10 total, that leaves me with a $20 dollar balance on Mario Baseball. Can I just leave it like this until I get paid, or do I have to put actual cash down as well?

I mean, normally the answer is "No, you don't need to put down cash" but Gamerush does things so ass backwards I'm not sure.

[quote name='Roufuss']I never did the preorder deal... we didn't have a GR the first time it hit (or we did and I just didn't know). And I haven't gone in since my incident there.

I was wondering if say I trade in two games and get Mario Baseball for 29.99, and the two games trade in for 10 total, that leaves me with a $20 dollar balance on Mario Baseball. Can I just leave it like this until I get paid, or do I have to put actual cash down as well?

I mean, normally the answer is "No, you don't need to put down cash" but Gamerush does things so ass backwards I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the 29.99 is due upfront with the preorder deal, but an ordinary preorder is just 5 dollars down

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back