Gamerush Thread #2 - Trade 2, preorder a game for 29.99 starts 07/19, details inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
New and improved and with less thread crapping (hopefully).

Link to the old thread - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54806

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

Trade in 2 games, preorder any game for 29.99!! (July 19th - ??)

Restrictions and rules below:

[quote name='drfrielgood']Alright, I read the map today and here's some stuff on the new deal:

- As has been said, it starts on July 19th. I cannot remember offhand the date that it ends.

- Trade any 2 games, get any preorder for $29.99. I forgot to check if XBox 360 games are included in the deal, but as most people have already stated, I highly doubt it.

- The two games that are traded in for the deal must retail for at least $7.99 each (preowned price).

- The credit can still be applied towards the $29.99.

[/quote]

Preorder Lists -

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138684&postcount=723 - GC

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138694&postcount=724 - DS

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138704&postcount=725 - PSP

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138721&postcount=726 - PS2

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1138727&postcount=727 - XBOX

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1147555&postcount=752 - XBOX 360

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

$4.99 Hip Controller w/ Any new game

Get any of the normally $9.99 HIP controllers for $4.99 w/any new game purchase.

These are okay, though I'd recommend them for kids or for the buddies when they come over.

Clearenced out Accessories

[quote name='Shipwreck']

Hip brand Wavebird rechargeable batteries for $.99 and the SP chargers for $1.99.

Blockbuster's in generally are also clearancing out a lot of their electronics for $1.99. This includes a Memorex Scratch Repair kit, Sony earbuds, 25-packs of CD-R's, etc.

[/quote]

I've also seen a Dreamcast VMU for 1.99.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several PS1 deals

All New PS1 games are $6.99.

Yes, that's right all of 'em.

Buy one new PS1 game, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter

2 out = $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

[quote name='Americanpierg']Yes, the 29.99 is due upfront with the preorder deal, but an ordinary preorder is just 5 dollars down[/QUOTE]

Seriously? That's kind of shitty.

[quote name='Roufuss'] Can I just leave it like this until I get paid, or do I have to put actual cash down as well?[/QUOTE]

In my experience, you'd have to put down the extra $20, as mentioned. A few people have reported being able to leave an amount due on the preorder, but that appears to be a rare exception.

The last time I went in (Sunday night), I was able to use both deals. The girl at the counter said something along the lines of "I don't think you're supposed to combine them, but who cares?" She had to find the preorder deal in the most recent map, though, since she thought it had expired. I think they lost their "Plastic Stand of Deal Scans". I refrained from being a smart butt and pointing at the multiple signs about the deal, since she was being pretty cool and my kids were enjoying playing some Lego Star Wars and Mario Baseball on the demo units.

While I was there, I poked around the preorder book, because I don't know what I'm going to get next. Three or four pages in was an email from some regional management specifically excluding all 360 games from all promotions in the southeast US. It mentions the games are all available to preorder, but only at the $60 price point. Consoles are not available and should be tracked on the call list. Whether any of this is univerasally obeyed in the southeast, I have no idea.

XBOX 360 price was announced, and since we have a 3 week period of when we know when the xbox 360 will be released (in November, before Thanksgiving) we should see the system for preorder at GameRush soon.

[quote name='Roufuss']I was wondering if say I trade in two games and get Mario Baseball for 29.99, and the two games trade in for 10 total, that leaves me with a $20 dollar balance on Mario Baseball. Can I just leave it like this until I get paid, or do I have to put actual cash down as well?

I mean, normally the answer is "No, you don't need to put down cash" but Gamerush does things so ass backwards I'm not sure.[/QUOTE]

I had one experience where the employee asked me if I wanted to pay the entire balance or just pay $5. I told him I'd pay $5 at the time and the rest later. Eventually I found out (according to the manager) that he didn't know what he was doing, and they had to make notes on my account that I owed certain amounts when I picked up games. Doesn't sound like they're set up to allow you to carry a balance like that.

[quote name='aaa']XBOX 360 price was announced, and since we have a 3 week period of when we know when the xbox 360 will be released (in November, before Thanksgiving) we should see the system for preorder at GameRush soon.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing myself!

Quick question!

I was going there today to preorder Zelda - TP, however its been fucking delayed. Can I still pre order it even thout theres no new date? OR should I just hope for another deal before than and not tie up my cash credit on a game that 6 months away?

[quote name='Ravenous']Quick question!

I was going there today to preorder Zelda - TP, however its been fucking delayed. Can I still pre order it even thout theres no new date? OR should I just hope for another deal before than and not tie up my cash credit on a game that 6 months away?[/QUOTE]

i am sure you can still pre-order it (i, like many, have it pre-ordered) but you shouldn't, the date is too far away in my opinion for a pre-order, and who is to say they won't delay it out further - i will be changing my pre-order today

oh, and there's always another deal

[quote name='andrew333']i am sure you can still pre-order it (i, like many, have it pre-ordered) but you shouldn't, the date is too far away in my opinion for a pre-order, and who is to say they won't delay it out further - i will be changing my pre-order today

oh, and there's always another deal[/QUOTE]

Wish I had something else to preorder... but I think I've run out of the definite goodness.

[quote name='Ravenous']Quick question!

I was going there today to preorder Zelda - TP, however its been fucking delayed. Can I still pre order it even thout theres no new date? OR should I just hope for another deal before than and not tie up my cash credit on a game that 6 months away?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you can still preorder it.

LOL - I've had it preordered since March - this as back when they had it listed for a summer 2005 release (I knew that wouldn't happen). So it will end up being over a year that I've had it fully-paid for (though of course this as with the $5 bonus double-dip at GR so I only paid $12-$15 out of pocket for it). I also preordered Final Fantasy XII at the same time and that's been pushed off till next year as well.

My only concern is if Gamerush and Blockbuster will still be around then. :D

On the Xbox 360 - we heard rumors that GR would add extras to the package (accessories and/or a warranty). I wonder if what they really meant was that they would sell the $399 package as opposed to the $299 one? I'm still not looking to get one - especially if they take the $399 package and add a bunch to it. But the $299 package looks like a rip-off. If I got that I'd have to add a memory card ($40), a wireless controller ($50), and the HD cables ($40). Gee, I just spent $430 - might as well get that $399 version and get the hard drive (instead of the memory card) :D.

[quote name='aaa']XBOX 360 price was announced, and since we have a 3 week period of when we know when the xbox 360 will be released (in November, before Thanksgiving) we should see the system for preorder at GameRush soon.[/QUOTE]

Yes, please keep us posted on this....even though it will be $400, I'll still get it from GameRush since I have about $200 credit, plus $100 Gift Card I can get from my credit card rewards, plus a 2nd XBOX to sell....I'm covered.

I just hope GAMERUSH takes pre-orders on both systems

Did any Gamerush get in Death Jr. I called my Gamerush and they didn't get it yet. So I called around to EB and they got theres. GR has really good deals but it sucks waiting for the pre-orders sometimes

Any updates to the preorder list lately? Is there a schedule for this, like the (generally) weekly trade-in value adjustments, or is it just whenever it happens?

And to io, or whoever else sees these lists, can you just wander in and ask for the list of available preorders, or what?

[quote name='botticus']Any updates to the preorder list lately? Is there a schedule for this, like the (generally) weekly trade-in value adjustments, or is it just whenever it happens?

And to io, or whoever else sees these lists, can you just wander in and ask for the list of available preorders, or what?[/QUOTE]

Yeah just ask them to give you a list that shows the games you can pre-order. The thing is the list does not have all the games that you can pre-order. I pre-ordered Bully, Radiata Story, GUN, Pokemon XD and Digital Devil Saga 2 but they are not on the list just in the system. So some of them might not come in (DDS2 for sure) and I will probably have to change the pre-order. What I do is look at ebgames.com for upcoming games and make a list of what I want. I ask if they have XX in the system and they tell me yes and I will pre-order it, and if not I just check the next game on my list.

I hope this helps.

[quote name='jkircos']Yeah just ask them to give you a list that shows the games you can pre-order. The thing is the list does not have all the games that you can pre-order. I pre-ordered Bully, Radiata Story, GUN, Pokemon XD and Digital Devil Saga 2 but they are not on the list just in the system. So some of them might not come in (DDS2 for sure) and I will probably have to change the pre-order. What I do is look at ebgames.com for upcoming games and make a list of what I want. I ask if they have XX in the system and they tell me yes and I will pre-order it, and if not I just check the next game on my list.

I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

You bet, thanks, I appreciate it.

One that is on the list... Battalion Wars looks almost... sweet.

Just out of curiosity, Second Sight and Project: Snowblind, both for PS2, sell for 7.99 used, right?

I don't want to get down there to find out they both aren't eligible, espically since I know Second Sight is on EB's POX list. What would be even better is if Gamerush gave me 7 or 8 a piece trade in credit because they sold used for 16 or so :lol:

Also because the local CC still has copies of Second Sight on clearance for 9.99, so if I can flip another one and a random TRU game to pick up a second preorder I'd be happy.

And the 25% won't stack with 2 for 29.99 right?

Just traded: All without the 25% bonus

Xbox-Midnight Club 3= $30
Unreal Championship 2= $12.50

Ps2-NCAA March Madness 2005= $12.50

Tried to preorder Full Auto for 360 but was unsuccessful eventhough the real cool GR worker tried several ways to make it work. So since I couldn't do that deal, I then got the extra 25% bonus. Walked out with an extra $68.75 on my value card.

[quote name='Roufuss']Just out of curiosity, Second Sight and Project: Snowblind, both for PS2, sell for 7.99 used, right?

I don't want to get down there to find out they both aren't eligible, espically since I know Second Sight is on EB's POX list. What would be even better is if Gamerush gave me 7 or 8 a piece trade in credit because they sold used for 16 or so :lol:

Also because the local CC still has copies of Second Sight on clearance for 9.99, so if I can flip another one and a random TRU game to pick up a second preorder I'd be happy.

And the 25% won't stack with 2 for 29.99 right?[/QUOTE]

I had no problem getting the 25%. When I gave him my games for the preorder, i Just asked if the 25% was added, and he said yeah. So basically it does stack, but it seems some GRs are saying it doesn't (my reasoning being that I don't think they manually add the 25%, so if it happens, it does it automatically).

I THINK that Second Sight retails for enough (I seem to recall seeing it, but then I don't know which system that was for), no clue on Snowblind. Stupid Max Payne 2 only getting 6.99.... Luckily I can get my expenditure back with the PG rebate, will probably just trade it in separately for a couple bucks.

[quote name='botticus']I had no problem getting the 25%. When I gave him my games for the preorder, i Just asked if the 25% was added, and he said yeah. So basically it does stack, but it seems some GRs are saying it doesn't (my reasoning being that I don't think they manually add the 25%, so if it happens, it does it automatically).[/QUOTE]

Now if only I knew if Second Sight and Project: Snowblind were ok =/

GR is pretty far, so I only have the chance to make the trip once this week without the gas making it a non deal, and calling them is like pulling teeth.

[quote name='Roufuss']Now if only I knew if Second Sight and Project: Snowblind were ok =/

GR is pretty far, so I only have the chance to make the trip once this week without the gas making it a non deal, and calling them is like pulling teeth.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, a 20 minute drive is too expensive nowadays. I appended my above post saying I think Second Sight works, won't retype the whole paragraph here. But don't take my word for it.

[quote name='jkircos']Has any GR recieved Geist yet? I called them and they said they had it, but when I showed it they said it still did not arrive...[/QUOTE]

Yes Geist should have arrived. Did you go to a different Gamerush than the one you called?...cuz thats really messed up.

BTW if I preorder two xbox 360s, one to keep and one to sell on ebay, would the one on ebay sell for a good enough profit to make it worthwhile? ie. i buy it for 399, anyone think they'll be selling on ebay for 450+ shipping?

[EDIT] tax is an additional 30!!!

[quote name='Americanpierg']Yes Geist should have arrived. Did you go to a different Gamerush than the one you called?...cuz thats really messed up.

BTW if I preorder two xbox 360s, one to keep and one to sell on ebay, would the one on ebay sell for a good enough profit to make it worthwhile? ie. i buy it for 399, anyone think they'll be selling on ebay for 450+ shipping?[/QUOTE]

Unless Microsoft has put out word that their initial production run will be limited for some reason, I wouldn't guess so. I can't imagine anyone who wants one wouldn't be able to find one at a retailer nearby. Of course, that isn't to say that you can't always find some poor fool on eBay who will pay more than something's worth.

Not to mention that if that's cash that you're putting down for the preorder, you're better off keeping it in a savings account for a few months than trying to profit off eBay.

[quote name='Americanpierg']Yes Geist should have arrived. Did you go to a different Gamerush than the one you called?...cuz thats really messed up.

BTW if I preorder two xbox 360s, one to keep and one to sell on ebay, would the one on ebay sell for a good enough profit to make it worthwhile? ie. i buy it for 399, anyone think they'll be selling on ebay for 450+ shipping?[/QUOTE]
No

[quote name='Roufuss']Just out of curiosity, Second Sight and Project: Snowblind, both for PS2, sell for 7.99 used, right?

[/QUOTE]

They gave me $10 for Snowblind last week

[quote name='dinovelvet']They gave me $10 for Snowblind last week[/QUOTE]

That is awesome news... probably the same price, as well. Works out great since I only paid $10 for it :D

Now someone has to have the trade in price on Second Sight...

Just in case anyone's wondering about the Xbox360, I called up my GameRush and asked if they were taking system preorders yet. The woman, I assume, asked her manager and said that they have the prices , and that I should check back later this week, or next week. I'm like 3rd on the call list, so we'll see soon enough.

Bully, Radiata Story, and GUN are all on the list, so Gamerush will receive all of those games. Pokemon XD I'm sure is also a lock. I highly doubt we'll get DDS2, though.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Bully, Radiata Story, and GUN are all on the list, so Gamerush will receive all of those games. Pokemon XD I'm sure is also a lock. I highly doubt we'll get DDS2, though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Plymouth GR just has an old list. Also does anyone know how much Killer 7 for GC is getting?

[quote name='stager36']Did any Gamerush get in Death Jr. I called my Gamerush and they didn't get it yet. So I called around to EB and they got theres. GR has really good deals but it sucks waiting for the pre-orders sometimes[/QUOTE]

No Death Jr at mine today either, and I'm going out of town for a week in the AM. They said maybe by Friday they'd have it. Went to an EB later and they had the special edition one sitting on the shelves (so much for having to preorder it :D).

Also no luck on Geist in my area either. I was at Toys R Us and Best Buy earlier though, and they got their copies in so maybe my GR employee was just too lazy to actually check.

[quote name='botticus']Any updates to the preorder list lately? Is there a schedule for this, like the (generally) weekly trade-in value adjustments, or is it just whenever it happens?

And to io, or whoever else sees these lists, can you just wander in and ask for the list of available preorders, or what?[/QUOTE]

Did the deals today (together). Also asked about several items. The following are NOT in the system as of 8/17: Fire Emblem PoR, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Party 7, Odama, Kirby, and Chibi Robo they have in there as being a current title released last year... Grrr... Metroid Pinball for DS is also not in there. I just ask about them repeatedly until they show up :D That's how I found out about Mario Baseball. They add things every so often - less often than price changes though it seems.

They did tell me a Gamerush corporate rep was in and they told him about the Fire Emblem issue (since I keep bugging them about it). He said he thought it hd been fixed a long time ago, but that he kept hearing about it from all the CA Gamerush'. So HOPEFULLY, that one will get fixed soon.

I got the following before 25% bonus:
Powerdrome: $6 (price drop from $7 last week when I had it price checked)
GBA Iridion II: $10
Nightmare of Druaga: $15.75

Preordered Ultmate Spiderman for GC. I haven't heard a thing about this game but my son loves Spiderman and I had to get SOMETHING while I was there (since all the ones I asked about weren't in the system).

They have Age of Empires for DS listed as a $39.99 title so I thought about getting that. I want to find out if it is really going to be that much (seems like it ought to be $29.99) before I preorder with the deal though. EB doesn't have it listed - that's where I usually get preorder pricing info.

I also picked up 3 more cheapies from GR (PS2 - Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, PS2 - Kya Dark Lineage, and Xbox - Starsky & Hutch) and combined them with a $5 TRU game (GC - Rocky) and preordered NASCAR 2006 at a nearby EB. I was going to do the Zelda deal but since it is so far off I'll wait for my EB preorder on that. GR is basically out of $6.99 games that are PO at EB games, and I don't think it was all MY doing (lurkers, reveal yourselves!) :D. There were at least 3 PS2 Crazy Taxi's there before I posted on here that I got one - a few days later they were all gone.

Does anyone know if GR is offering a free Pandora Tomorrow with a Rainbow Six: Lockdown preorder or a free Rainbow Six with a Far Cry: Instincts preorder? I've seen the offers in recent magazines and on websites, and I'm wondering if GR is participating in this as well since I already have both preordered.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Does anyone know if GR is offering a free Pandora Tomorrow with a Rainbow Six: Lockdown preorder or a free Rainbow Six with a Far Cry: Instincts preorder? I've seen the offers in recent magazines and on websites, and I'm wondering if GR is participating in this as well since I already have both preordered.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen anything about it, but GR seems to be getting most of the standard pre-order stuff, so I would say that it is very likely that you would get those at GR.

I think the promo stuff is always hit or miss (usually MISS for me). I never got my FAntasy Football subscripton for Madden 2006, No MC3 music CD....I actually only have received the Plan 9 DVD from Destroy Al Humans (which is still sealed)

[quote name='doubledown']I think the promo stuff is always hit or miss (usually MISS for me). I never got my FAntasy Football subscripton for Madden 2006, No MC3 music CD....I actually only have received the Plan 9 DVD from Destroy Al Humans (which is still sealed)[/QUOTE]

They gave all that stuff away at GR. You may be running into a case of the employees just not knowing about it. Heck, I think one of the GR's near me has those MC3 cd's just sitting on the counter still.

[quote name='doubledown']I think the promo stuff is always hit or miss (usually MISS for me). I never got my FAntasy Football subscripton for Madden 2006, No MC3 music CD....I actually only have received the Plan 9 DVD from Destroy Al Humans (which is still sealed)[/QUOTE]

The Fantasy Football subscription was a promo exlusive to Gamestop and Ebgames.

Still no Geist at my GR. They told me they might not be getting any copies in...

Anyways I found some cheap games and I was wondering if anyone knew the trade in values for: Devil May Cry, EyeToy: Groove, and Resident Evil X (PS2 greatest hits). The sad thing is I went to a different GR and completely forgot to ask them.

[quote name='jkircos']Still no Geist at my GR. They told me they might not be getting any copies in...

Anyways I found some cheap games and I was wondering if anyone knew the trade in values for: Devil May Cry, EyeToy: Groove, and Resident Evil X (PS2 greatest hits). The sad thing is I went to a different GR and completely forgot to ask them.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty bad about Geist if they don't get any in. They have big Geist stand-ups at my local GR's.

[quote name='longdillon1']My gamerush is taking 360 preorders.I already preordered condemned and perfect dark zero.Who hoo.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, that is strange, I called my local Gamerush and they said they won't be taking preorders until 'about October'.

[quote name='Americanpierg']The Fantasy Football subscription was a promo exlusive to Gamestop and Ebgames.[/QUOTE]

i got one at gr, they had a stack of them, i think what happens is people order prior to gr receiving the pre-order bonus and gr doesn't really keep track or care about making sure that the right people get the bonus

[quote name='stoned99']Anyone get DarkWatch or Death Jr. I saw them both at EB and GS, but as usual my GR has yet to recieve them.[/QUOTE]

i got darkwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back